Author Topic: SSSS Memes/Edits Thread  (Read 573121 times)

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
Re: SSSS Memes/Edits Thread
« Reply #3210 on: April 06, 2020, 05:38:47 AM »
Bravo Grey! Bravo!
*applause*
What's the building in the lower left corner, with partially lit-up colonnades?
Haha, great! I want to see that movie!

Wave that reminds me of the Capitol Building, although I have no idea why it would be that.

No, I know! It’s from the original movie poster, along with the “spears”, just recolored for SSSS.

Thanks!!!  :)

And Jitter wins the prize! Yes, in the original poster there's the Capitol on the Left and the Kremlin on the Right, both behind a "curtain" of rockets.

That reminded me of spears and I wanted to keep it, but was unable because this "art" was done in a hurry (why, you ask, if I could finish it tomorrow/today. Well, because it was late and I was sleepy and today I want to dedicate my SSSS time to writing) and the result is more like a draft of what it could be if I did it properly...
But, as (some of us) talked before, if you are too attached to perfection you never get things done, so I finished it the way I could in 20 minutes and went to bed. :)

Maybe I'll do a few more posters... If anyone has an idea please tell me, and I can try to figure it.

Note: Isn't irritating when you have dozens of fonts in your computer and can't find one that fits?  >:(
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #3211 on: April 06, 2020, 02:06:49 PM »
Here's a tumblr with utterly brilliant edits to song lyrics. Unfortunately it's in Finnish only. But it's too good to pass, so any of you who know Finnish, enjoy!

https://ssssuomipop.tumblr.com/

It's started in 2016 so it's quite possible it's already posted somewhere in this thread, but since we have many new Finns, I think it deserves to be posted again.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Temteno

« Reply #3212 on: April 06, 2020, 03:22:05 PM »
Here's a tumblr with utterly brilliant edits to song lyrics. Unfortunately it's in Finnish only. But it's too good to pass, so any of you who know Finnish, enjoy!

https://ssssuomipop.tumblr.com/

It's started in 2016 so it's quite possible it's already posted somewhere in this thread, but since we have many new Finns, I think it deserves to be posted again.

This blog deserves the shout-out! I enjoy it immensely and recommend it to any Finn or someone who wants to learn Finnish (maybe someone with video editing skills gets some inspiration ;))

Kyara

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Kyara (Disqus), Sinnena (Tumblr) Ysmeril (Twitch)
« Reply #3213 on: April 07, 2020, 05:08:22 AM »

But, as (some of us) talked before, if you are too attached to perfection you never get things done, so I finished it the way I could in 20 minutes and went to bed. :)

Maybe I'll do a few more posters... If anyone has an idea please tell me, and I can try to figure it.

Good reasoning for a good result ! I love it.

I suggest Stranger Things ! Lalli reminds me Elf with her kinesic power (and the nose bleeding too ?) The Upside Down monsters looks a bit like trolls, no ?

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #3214 on: April 07, 2020, 07:53:54 AM »
Good reasoning for a good result ! I love it.

I suggest Stranger Things ! Lalli reminds me Elf with her kinesic power (and the nose bleeding too ?) The Upside Down monsters looks a bit like trolls, no ?

Thanks!

Stranger Things looks promising! I'll give it a try...
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #3215 on: April 07, 2020, 09:40:47 AM »
I really feel sorry for this guy :( I'm not sure the socks really help with his key problems though.

Inspiration from ScottishNottish on the page 258 (A2) comments
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 07:44:16 AM by Jitter »

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #3216 on: April 07, 2020, 10:33:56 AM »
I really feel sorry for this guy :( I'm not sure the socks really help with his key problems though.

Poor guy! Maybe we should offer a blanket too?

(besides that, it's great! Well done!)

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #3217 on: April 07, 2020, 10:53:27 AM »

(besides that, it's great! Well done!)
And a hot cocoa!
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

GaelleDragons

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Small lurking troll
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #3218 on: April 07, 2020, 11:38:53 AM »
And a hot cocoa!
There we go! No more sad leaky troll.

*always scribbling*

Native: :fr:  Fluent (but will make mistakes sometimes ^^"):  :gb:  Supposed to be fluent but is actually really bad:  :es:  Learning out of curiosity:  :is:

Kyara

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Kyara (Disqus), Sinnena (Tumblr) Ysmeril (Twitch)
« Reply #3219 on: April 07, 2020, 12:00:31 PM »
O.K, I want to print it. The head of the troll is just perfect  :haw:

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #3220 on: April 07, 2020, 12:39:11 PM »
There we go! No more sad leaky troll.

That's fabulastic*!  :))

The happiest troll ever!

(* fabulous+fantastic)

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #3221 on: April 07, 2020, 12:40:36 PM »
O.K, I want to print it. The head of the troll is just perfect  :haw:
100% agreed. I love this troll. It feels like a motivational/encouraging poster.
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3222 on: April 07, 2020, 02:32:48 PM »
Darkly funny. Just don’t offer him a snack.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #3223 on: April 07, 2020, 04:12:37 PM »
I was wondering why this particular troll moves me so much, and I'm sure it reminds me of someone. Someone non-immune. I wonder who that could be?

Spoiler: show

When I was digging these up I noticed Reynir has been having a sad adventure  :'( When I think of him, it's always as a positive, even happy influence, but he's had very different moments too!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 04:14:37 PM by Jitter »

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #3224 on: April 07, 2020, 07:17:25 PM »
I was wondering why this particular troll moves me so much, and I'm sure it reminds me of someone. Someone non-immune. I wonder who that could be?

Yes, he had a lot in those months since he left his home... It's amazing how brave and positive he remains. Must be all our Minnion love. :)