Author Topic: SSSS Memes/Edits Thread  (Read 573009 times)

TicTac

• I am a happy little TicTac
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: SSSS Memes/Edits Thread
« Reply #2670 on: January 02, 2017, 08:20:06 PM »
whoops looks like I'm blind. Nevermind.
Fluent: :australia:
Know a few phrases: :china:
Know random words: :germany: :spain: (thanks Dora)
Want to learn, eventually: :finland:
Survived :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:

Krisse Kovacs

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #2671 on: January 02, 2017, 08:53:03 PM »
I DO LOVE THIS EDIT.
Maybe I am evil for loving REynir to die

what is... remove the troll and say... "LALLI SAVED TUURI'S VIRGINITY"
and add a Happy Onni in the background xD

*photoshopping skill is like 0*
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

VibratingText

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: He/him
« Reply #2672 on: January 02, 2017, 11:33:54 PM »
:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15:

Native: :usa:
Tolerable: :germany:
Still Learning: :italy:
n00b at: :russia: :norway: :japan:

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #2673 on: January 03, 2017, 03:05:23 AM »
Given the talk over in the Update thread...

Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2674 on: January 03, 2017, 03:46:29 AM »
Evil, cursed edit. If anyone wants it behind a spoiler let me know!

Evil and cursed it may be, but so ruddy clever.  Bravo.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #2675 on: January 03, 2017, 05:49:29 AM »
Thank you Wavewright and Krisse :D Happy too see I'm not too evil for this fandom.

Gaemmel

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2676 on: January 03, 2017, 06:58:10 AM »
Why would you do this to us...
I'm the left one on the picture.

Fluent: :germany: :uk:
In school I had: :france: :spain:
Some words and phrases: :japan:
Learning: :sweden:

:chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Jethan

• Ranger
  • Lurker and Forum Gamer
« Reply #2677 on: January 07, 2017, 05:45:10 PM »
Evil, cursed edit. If anyone wants it behind a spoiler let me know!

Why would you do this to us...

I like to imagine that Lalli didn't shoot Reynir, but that he shot his braid off.  Since his hair is "super dumb."
An innate goofball who wanted to be elegant and composed.  That ain't happening.

Gaemmel

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2678 on: January 09, 2017, 05:19:29 PM »
Wow, I just went back to this thread and realized things I didn't see before. How did you managed to edit in that braid so well in the first panel in the last row? This is actually a masterpiece, especially with the lighting!
I'm the left one on the picture.

Fluent: :germany: :uk:
In school I had: :france: :spain:
Some words and phrases: :japan:
Learning: :sweden:

:chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Purple Wyrm

« Reply #2679 on: January 16, 2017, 08:34:22 AM »
Bear with me on this one...

I was thinking today what it must be like for Emil, having to deal with all the different languages of the crew while only speaking Swedish. And that got me thinking about the relationships between the Nordic languages. Which got me thinking about how you could represent those relationships from a starting point of English. And before long I'd figured out equivalents for Swedish, Norwegian, Danish and Icelandic using the West Germanic languages (plus a Celtic one, because we need some sheer gibberish from another language family to represent Finnish  ;D ). And thus this unnecessarily confusing mashup was born...

(I relied on Google Translate for the 'Finnish' and 'Icelandic', so they're probably not great ;D )
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 08:37:09 AM by Purple Wyrm »

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #2680 on: January 16, 2017, 09:05:22 AM »

I was thinking today what it must be like for Emil, having to deal with all the different languages of the crew while only speaking Swedish. And that got me thinking about the relationships between the Nordic languages. Which got me thinking about how you could represent those relationships from a starting point of English. And before long I'd figured out equivalents for Swedish, Norwegian, Danish and Icelandic using the West Germanic languages (plus a Celtic one, because we need some sheer gibberish from another language family to represent Finnish  ;D ). And thus this unnecessarily confusing mashup was born...

(I relied on Google Translate for the 'Finnish' and 'Icelandic', so they're probably not great ;D )

Hahah, the translation for "Finnish" is actually understandable, which is a big surprise for me. Not quite correct, but certainly better than it was a few years ago (it also decided to translate to Southwalian, typical internet :/ ), but I love how this conveys the linguistic differences in such a way that an English speaker can understand. Also, I had no idea that the Welsh word for a Swede was "erfin". According to some looking about it seems to be true, but I'd always just used hogyn/hogan o Sweden, and had no idea there was even a legit word
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #2681 on: January 16, 2017, 09:57:26 AM »
Wow, I just went back to this thread and realized things I didn't see before. How did you managed to edit in that braid so well in the first panel in the last row? This is actually a masterpiece, especially with the lighting!

Ah, you noticed! The lighting is done with an overlaid layer in Photoshop set to "color". That way the shading and texture is preserved and only the color changes.

I like to imagine that Lalli didn't shoot Reynir, but that he shot his braid off.  Since his hair is "super dumb."

You know, this works too.

This is amazing :D Mikkel and Sigrun's lines are even funnier like this. What is Sigrun speaking? I read that with a pirate accent.

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #2682 on: January 16, 2017, 11:53:57 AM »

This is truly amazing!! I love Mikkel's lines, they're so much better this way :'D
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Hrollo

• Ranger
« Reply #2683 on: January 16, 2017, 12:37:05 PM »
This is amazing :D Mikkel and Sigrun's lines are even funnier like this. What is Sigrun speaking? I read that with a pirate accent.

Wyrm will confirm, but from the pronunciation of "pretty" as "pruh'ey", with the [t] dropped (or more exactly, turned into a glottal stop), I'm going to assume this is Cockney English.
Fluent: :fr: :gb:
Some knowledge: :it:
Attempting to learn again: :de:
Passive familiarity: :es: :br: :ad: :ro:

Purple Wyrm

« Reply #2684 on: January 16, 2017, 05:58:51 PM »
Glad everyone likes it! I went with...

Standard English for Swedish. Because this is from Emil's perspective.

Northern English for Norwegian. Because it's understandable, but has a notably different accent and the odd different word here and there. It's also kind of halfway to what I chose for Danish, which is what Minna said about Norwegian on her language chart.

Glaswegian English for Danish. Because it's more or less understandable when written down, but sounds like something from Mars when spoken by a native speaker ;D

Dutch for Icelandic. Because it's closely related to English and an English speaker can pick out the odd word, but it's mostly that incomprehensible language spoken by those guys over the sea.

Welsh for Finnish. Because it's wildly incomprehensible to an English speaker, but recognizable as what those weird people next door speak ;D