Author Topic: TV and Movie Thread  (Read 33368 times)

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: Avengers: Endgame SPOILER ZONE
« Reply #180 on: May 10, 2019, 05:56:43 PM »
Apparently not according to the writers haha xD

If he came back from an alternative timeline he should have landed at the pad though, that's the most confusing part of that =/ It wouldn't have been as dramatic, but the dramatic reveal instead stomped over their rules and eargh. I'm probably puttin too much thought in this.

It was a good movie, I loved it and still cry whenever I see the word "stark" in the stores which is all the time, so some tiny plotholes can of course be forgiven :P
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

RanVor

• Ranger
  • Preferred pronouns: he/it/that thing
« Reply #181 on: May 10, 2019, 06:50:51 PM »
If he came back from an alternative timeline he should have landed at the pad though[...].

Honestly, I thought he went over there as a tiny Steve and that's why they didn't see him, but it probably makes no sense anyway.

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #182 on: May 10, 2019, 08:21:30 PM »
My headcanon is that the main MCU timeline is one where a parallel timeline Steve went back and returned the various infinity stones from where their timeline had borrowed them from (basically the one where all the heists went off without a hitch) and then returned them, and both Steves overshot, and So Main MCU Steve is in his timeline, while Parallel Steve lived out his life with Peggy in the Main MCU timeline.

#MULTIVERSETHEORYSAb****!

Also aside from pretty much everything everyone else has said... Mantis had a very strong case of "WTF do I do with my hands, why am I even in this scene, why didn't Drax loan me some knives?" going on during that one scene.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

itstricky

• Tumblr
Re: The Rain on Netflix : The closest we can come to an SSSS series?
« Reply #183 on: July 01, 2019, 07:03:34 PM »
I loooved the Rain and it led me to do another reread of ssss. told all my friends that i "just have a thing for Scandinavian post apocalyptic stories i guess -shrug-". They just released the second season awhile back but i havens gotten around to watching it. Highly recommend it next time we have to go a few weeks without a page maybe?
It never hurts to give thanks to the local Gods. You never know who might be hungry.
Fluent: :usa:  Yes: :japan:  Enough: :germany: :mexico: And Hindi!

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #184 on: July 26, 2019, 04:26:38 PM »
Welp, I didn't need my heart anyway ;_____;

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Solokov

« Reply #185 on: July 27, 2019, 09:43:07 AM »
Had some time to think on these points some more.

* I personally think it is a good thing that they didn't bring Loki back for the 3rd time

But he is coming back for a solo film.

* of course Steve is worthy...but is Captain Marvel?!

Based off Odin's verbiage on the charm he placed on Mjolnir ... Currently? No. What we've seen of her so far in the MCU is very similar to how Thor was during the first half of the first Thor movie, very punch first ask later, and rather hot headed, Imo.

Smarter folks than I have come to an accord that to be worthy the person has to look at violence as a last resort, and being willing to lay down your life for peace. I think the current list of people who aren't the Odinson himself for the mcu as of infinity war is; Steve, Natasha, Groot, Tony, and oddly enough Thanos himself.

* Okay, I think it was really weird and bad character writing to have the generally morally pure Clint go on a sudden huge killing spree and then revert to being good almost immediately and none of his friends are even upset at him??

It probably got cut.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

RanVor

• Ranger
  • Preferred pronouns: he/it/that thing
« Reply #186 on: July 27, 2019, 11:15:33 AM »
Since the thread got resurrected anyway...

so aparently

and if even the writers/producers can't decide what actually happened no wonder I'm all confused and frustrated at this :P
According to a famous literary essay titled The Death of the Author, the creator of a literary work (which a movie script arguably is) loses their exclusive right of interpretation at the moment of publication.

In other words, you're not obligated to give a single !@#% about what the writers have to say. Their opinion isn't any more valid than yours.

Solokov

« Reply #187 on: July 27, 2019, 02:09:37 PM »
Since the thread got resurrected anyway...
According to a famous literary essay titled The Death of the Author, the creator of a literary work (which a movie script arguably is) loses their exclusive right of interpretation at the moment of publication.

In other words, you're not obligated to give a single !@#% about what the writers have to say. Their opinion isn't any more valid than yours.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/what-the-author-meant.jpg

But that's just like... My opinion man.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #188 on: July 27, 2019, 02:11:54 PM »
I resurrected it to cry about the deleted scene with all of you but I guess I have to cry alone :P

I mean yes, but I don't really have an opinion more than "holy fish this is confusing and no alternative makes sense".
Anyway I live in the alternative 2012 timeline where they all live happily together in the tower, Bucky get rescued a little earlier which makes civil war never happen and everything is great :D

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #189 on: July 27, 2019, 03:18:53 PM »
I resurrected it to cry about the deleted scene with all of you but I guess I have to cry alone :P
I mean yes, but I don't really have an opinion more than "holy fish this is confusing and no alternative makes sense".
Anyway I live in the alternative 2012 timeline where they all live happily together in the tower, Bucky get rescued a little earlier which makes civil war never happen and everything is great :D

This You Protect?
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

steadfastjewel

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: they / them / theirs
Re: TV and Movie Thread
« Reply #190 on: March 06, 2020, 09:36:39 AM »
*thread necromancy intensifies*

Hope it's okay to drag this one back into daylight!  ;D
I am house/cat sitting for the next two months, and while poking around discovered that the house's owner has a lovely collection of 'classic' films- Kurosawa, Bergman, Kubrick among others... so perhaps I will finally get to watch The Seventh Seal, which I have been meaning to do for years.

On a less intellectual note, I am hopelessly in love with Star Trek. Didn't watch it growing up, then The Original Series became my coping mechanism during college struggles. I live for the corny earnest plotting and extremely bold costume choices. Once I ran out of TOS, it was on to Next Generation, which I also loved (though it has its eye-roller moments).

Then, last year, having run out of the "Star-Treks-people-say-good-things-about", I decided I would try Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. My expectations were low, but OH MY GOODNESS I just finished season five two days ago and I am so enamoured with it. On paper, it seems like a concept I'd hate (Star Trek, but everyone's moral compasses are a bit damaged and half the cast are war criminals). But I love it so much. It's still quite campy at times, I wouldn't have it any other way. Every member of the crew is wonderful, in TOS and Next Generation I had an easy time picking favorites but here they're all so lovely(even the horrible people, haha). Garak miiight be my favorite just for the chaos energy that surrounds him. Odo has evolved so much as a character. Plus, I love Quark's entire wardrobe, the man is a fashion icon. I'm eternally afraid it'll all slide downhill before the end, but... wow. It's awesome. I just needed somewhere to gush about it for a moment. Two seasons left, but I won't be starting those for a while.

I realize I'm a few years late to the party, but if anyone here ever wants to talk Trek, hit me up  :sparkle: :sparkle: :sparkle:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #191 on: March 06, 2020, 10:50:31 AM »
For me it was Next Generation all the way. Unfortunately it has aged quite badly, we tried to re-watch it a couple of years ago but couldn't! It's been really long since I have watched Deep Space Nine but I remember liking it.

And just recently the guy who plays Quark was on CSI (recently for me that is) and he's also one of the Nox on Stargate SG1. With Quark's mask it takes a while to remember why he's so familiar. Funnily enough he also plays the Principal in Buffy, which I love so much! He doesn't even have a mask on. But when I see him in another program it's always Quark that comes to mind (finally), not the Principal :)

Have you watched the new Picard yet? We haven't taken any streaming services because we would spend far too much time or alternatively would end up paying for too many, but for Picard we are seriously considering.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

steadfastjewel

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: they / them / theirs
« Reply #192 on: March 06, 2020, 03:11:49 PM »
I haven't seen any Picard, unfortunately. The most recent 'modern' Trek thing I've seen was... one of the JJ Abrams movies, I think. And that was back in high school. I wouldn't be averse to trying Picard or Discovery, although actually, in some ways the production value turns me off a little! The way the older shows look a little dated and cheap by modern standards really does something for me, haha. But if the writing's good, I'll tolerate nicer visuals  ;)

I didn't realize Quark's actor was on Buffy, that's funny! I love seeing the rubberfaced actors on other shows, particularly if I'm not expecting it. The slow realization of "ohhhh, that's what your real face looks like..."

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #193 on: March 07, 2020, 06:49:19 AM »
I only just realized it when I was reading his filmography, as I remembered I’d seen him somewhere and therefore had been remembering Quark.

Have you watched The Orville? It’s great :)
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #194 on: March 08, 2020, 01:29:19 AM »
My husband is currently watching his way through The Expanse. Good science fiction, from the bits and scraps I have caught so far, but I haven’t as much time as I would wish for viewing anything. This looks as though it might be worth making time for when I can. Has anyone else watched it?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!