Author Topic: Moderator Status (not currently recruiting)  (Read 16231 times)

Logical Psycho

• Not a Grade A cat - but with a hat!
Re: Moderator Status
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2014, 08:47:52 AM »
Presumably it's in the comics best spirit to be utterly confused about each other's gender ^_^

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2014, 09:05:19 AM »
Sure let's try this.

(Also wasn't Aksel male?)

Aksel is a man's name, and I'm pretty sure he's described as a "dutiful grandson".

(also, congratulations)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 09:29:30 AM by Fimbulvarg »

Nimphy

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2014, 04:00:45 PM »
Sure let's try this.

That was my reaction, but maybe he deduced female because Aksel apparently has some fangirls. Or he looks girly.

Presumably it's in the comics best spirit to be utterly confused about each other's gender ^_^

That's also a good idea.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2014, 04:06:38 PM »
Sure let's try this.

Alright, welcome to modtown.
And, yeah... I saw long hair.  So you are a male?
Feel free to PM.

noako

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2014, 04:36:48 AM »
Alright, welcome to modtown.

I have... the poweeeerr!!
No seriously thanks for the trust, I hope things go along smoothly. We have such a good community I believe all will be well. Again.

SlewedQuasar890

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2014, 09:07:36 PM »
Hans the mods for different timezones makes me think of grey wardens from "the Dresden files" obvious reference is obvious
Steel be with you

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2015, 02:59:36 PM »
How many *active* mods do we have at present? And of them who is from the european time zone? I think it would be helpfull two have about two or three more mods of different timezones. We still are able to apologize and be reasonable and delete stuff so far but I guess suggestions from a Mod sometimes weigh more than from a regular user. Not sure how well it will work now and how long the current peace will hold.

And nobody wants Eich to come back out of his nice beach holiday =)
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2015, 03:04:20 PM »
How many *active* mods do we have at present? And of them who is from the european time zone? I think it would be helpfull two have about two or three more mods of different timezones. We still are able to apologize and be reasonable and delete stuff so far but I guess suggestions from a Mod sometimes weigh more than from a regular user. Not sure how well it will work now and how long the current peace will hold.

And nobody wants Eich to come back out of his nice beach holiday =)

Based on user privileges the people who are able to perform mod-functions are Eich, Hushpiper (Admins), Noako (Moderator) and Sunflower (Moderator/Skald). All of those are active except Noako who has been MIA since the 9th of January. Noako is in the European timezone while the three others are in US timezones (Eastern for Eich, Pacific for Sunflower).
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 03:05:52 PM by Fimbulwaffle »

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2015, 04:30:29 PM »
We do need some mods in different time zones now.  I doubt Noako's going to come back at this point...  The first time we did this, I had people list off qualifications, though, I know several of you well now, and I'm sure many of you could handle the position.  Kex, you already moderate a much rowdier group at your job, I'm sure you'd do well with the task. :)
Feel free to PM.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2015, 05:03:50 PM »
We do need some mods in different time zones now.  I doubt Noako's going to come back at this point...  The first time we did this, I had people list off qualifications, though, I know several of you well now, and I'm sure many of you could handle the position.  Kex, you already moderate a much rowdier group at your job, I'm sure you'd do well with the task. :)

blushes
uuhm

weeeell I could, yes? keep in mind that I  work though. So can look in the afternoon.

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2015, 05:16:12 PM »
Based on user privileges the people who are able to perform mod-functions are Eich, Hushpiper (Admins), Noako (Moderator) and Sunflower (Moderator/Skald). All of those are active except Noako who has been MIA since the 9th of January. Noako is in the European timezone while the three others are in US timezones (Eastern for Eich, Pacific for Sunflower).
AFAIK I don't have full Admin powers, namely the ability to lock or delete threads, delete/rename individual posts, or ban specific users.  (I'm not necessarily asking for those, either.)  I can split and merge threads and rename them, and move posts, that's all. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2015, 05:21:24 PM »
AFAIK I don't have full Admin powers, namely the ability to lock or delete threads, delete/rename individual posts, or ban specific users.  (I'm not necessarily asking for those, either.)  I can split and merge threads and rename them, and move posts, that's all.

Yes, that's why I said Moderator/Skald. Only Eich and Hushpiper have Administrator powers. I think maybe you mean you don't have full Moderator status (which would normally include the abilities to lock threads and delete posts). I can't recall having seen the skald position explained anywhere so what powers you do or do not have is a matter of some guesswork. Maybe it should be explained in the useful information thread so people know what to request of whom.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 05:23:28 PM by Fimbulwaffle »

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2015, 05:37:53 PM »

You should get full rights to then of course. You are a very calm and reasonable person and can handle the art of writing most best and comforting =).

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2015, 06:33:45 PM »
You should get full rights to then of course. You are a very calm and reasonable person and can handle the art of writing most best and comforting =).

Thanks for the vote of confidence.  But as Eich knows, I worry that if given the Ring of Power I'd very quickly slip into "All shall love me and despair!" mode. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2015, 06:38:44 PM »
Thanks for the vote of confidence.  But as Eich knows, I worry that if given the Ring of Power I'd very quickly slip into "All shall love me and despair!" mode.

Hehe. I am used to being hated by my pupils ;). Okay no need to step in too often as far as I can tell from the last months. But this afternoon made me a little sweaty.

Forum Rules
Helpful Information