Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 780005 times)

tamaerchen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #1770 on: March 25, 2016, 06:20:54 PM »
EEEEEE!! That just made my day so much better! The cuteness warms my heart and every mention of Emil and Lalli makes me grin stupidly. :D Not to mention the hilarity of Mikkel and Sigrun texting each other. :)
Fluent: :germany: :uk:
Alright: :spain: :france:
I try: :vaticancity: :norway: :turkey: :ireland: :sign: Yiddish
(I study historical linguistics and like to dig around in various Germanic languages of the last 2000 years or so.)

~Rule no.1: Don't question the Sgru!~

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #1771 on: March 25, 2016, 06:26:36 PM »
Beautiful, Kiraly, simply beautiful XD.
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #1772 on: March 25, 2016, 06:30:27 PM »
EEEEEE!! That just made my day so much better! The cuteness warms my heart and every mention of Emil and Lalli makes me grin stupidly. :D Not to mention the hilarity of Mikkel and Sigrun texting each other. :)

Hooray! Comments like this make me grin stupidly. :)) I had a lot of fun with Sigrun and Mikkel's texts (though let's be honest, it's pretty much fun to write Sigrun texting anyone).
And now that I've let it slip in the comments on one of Aliax's fics that there will be an Emil/Lalli spinoff of this I'm enjoying seeing people's reactions to them, hehe.

Beautiful, Kiraly, simply beautiful XD.

Aww, thank you! :D
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Pupunen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1773 on: March 25, 2016, 06:33:45 PM »
Oh look, more silly hipster shenanigans! Now with less flower crowns but more weasel-bunny.
Yay! I've been eagerly waiting to read more of this. :) And I look forward to reading the Emil and Lalli spin-off, too!
Native: :finland:
Fluent: :sweden: :uk:
Good: :italy:
Understand but don't speak: :denmark: :norway:
Basics: :russia: :wales: :iceland: :vaticancity:

:chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1774 on: March 25, 2016, 07:23:07 PM »
Kiraly, this keeps getting better!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
« Reply #1775 on: March 25, 2016, 07:56:20 PM »
Yay! I've been eagerly waiting to read more of this. :) And I look forward to reading the Emil and Lalli spin-off, too!

Kiraly, this keeps getting better!

Thanks! :))

Cool! This story always makes me smile.

Spoiler: show
I love Mikkel's text message voice and Sigrun's admirable Admiral Olsen style, but honestly, considering the ongoing events in canon, reading those messages between Sigrun and Mikkel made me a lot more sad than the previous chapter. :S But everything's going to be alright eventually..!

I don't remember if I've said it before, but I really like how the characters interact in this AU and how it reflects canon. Cute and lighthearted as it is, there're also different possibilities for social interaction than in the confines of the cat-tank, thus new challenges for the characters. :> AU stories are great for that.

Hehe, thank you! Always nice to hear my writing made someone smile. :)

I'm so sorry the Sigrun/Mikkel texts made you sad though! I hadn't thought about how that conversation might be viewed in connection with the current canon goings-on. But you're right, I'm sure everything is going to be okay.

And I appreciate the comment about how I write the character interactions! That's one of the things I love about reading/writing AUs too, it's cool to think about how the characters would behave in a different setting. While some things are different, some things don't change and it's fun to explore that.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Talimee

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1776 on: March 25, 2016, 08:03:02 PM »
Oh look, more silly hipster shenanigans! Now with less flower crowns but more weasel-bunny.

Yay! It's so fluffy and sweet! I am always glad to see a new chapter of it. I especially love all of the phone messages. They are like concentrated character-essences. <3

On a further note: I wrote something. http://archiveofourown.org/works/6356119
[22:31] <@amity> And they care about only two things: Emil/Lalli fanfic, and chewing bubblegum.
[22:31] <@amity> And the word is, they're all out of bubblegum.

Survived:
:chap5::chap6::chap7: :chap20:
:chap8::chap9::chap10:
:chap11::chap12::chap13:
:chap14::chap15::chap16:
:chap17::chap18::chap19:

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1777 on: March 25, 2016, 10:48:33 PM »
Yeah, about that…
Spoiler: Irrelevant Technical Thing • show
I noticed AO3 used the German quote formatting in most places in your story.

Spoiler: About the End Note • show
In re: the bonus sentence, he already did.

Puls3

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1778 on: March 26, 2016, 02:45:46 AM »
Hooray for more shenanigans! ;D

I also just love how you manage to capture Sigrun's enthusiastic personality and Mikkel's deadpan seriousness during their texting.
Its contrasts between characters like these that makes me grinn the most, especially if they are in a conversation.  :))
Have a more extensive vocabulary in :england: than :sweden: (which is scary considering that I'm born and raised here)
Can only pronounce a few sentences of :spain:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

OwlsG0

• I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #1779 on: March 26, 2016, 06:18:40 AM »
Another chapter of that thing which I have yet to name, which seems to be the preliminary to a longer fic which will result in the crew fighting for Valhalla? Yes, I think this is what that is. Not to crash the BIWC party; I just realised I haven't posted in a long time.

One of the most frustrating things about Reynir, from Lalli's perspective, anyway, is the alien nature of his language. In the dream-world, he is not exactly a cohesive, calm speaker, but he isn't the gibbering idiot he comes across as when he speaks and Lalli cannot understand a single word he's saying. The fact that neither Emil nor Lalli have the faintest idea what he's talking about has done little to deter him from talking their ears off.
Lalli watches his mouth move, almost mesmerised by the constant, flapping movement. He has never known anyone to talk so incessantly before. What could he be saying? There are plenty of gestures to go with the torrent of words, but none of them will fit what Lalli guesses he might be talking about.

For example, why would he be skipping if he were talking about Lalli's flight to his dream-space last night? Lalli just doesn't get this kid. Who in their right mind could stay so cheerful after accidentally stowing away to the wrong place and ending up waist-deep in trolls and gore, when all they have ever known is the safety of the uninfected Iceland?
He's obviously insane.

But on the bright side, he's perfectly happy to follow Lalli, even though he has no idea where they are going or what they are doing. Emil's going to turn into a bit of a problem if Lalli doesn't find some way to shut him up soon; he has offered no complaints so far, but Lalli can tell from the look in his eyes that they're going to have some problems. He probably wishes he were with Sigrun. Those two are best friends now, or something.

For now, he has no choice nor real agenda other than to just plough forwards into the woods and see if something leaps out at him. The woods he is aiming for are off to their left. Thankfully, in the opposite direction from the city, where they had such a hell of a time getting out in one piece- Emil's favourite, especially, who by all rights should have lost an arm, or at least a few fingers to the freezing water which nearly drowned her.

Lalli is barely aware of the cold as he walks. His mind is somewhere else entirely. Specifically, in front of the hearth of the house where they lived in Saimaa. Pressed in between Tuuri's fleshy side and Onni's hard shoulder, at their grandmother's feet while she tells them the most horrifying stories. Of violent gods in foreign countries, whose power waned in the old world that became the Silent World, but who are making a come-back now that those gods of the Silent World are gone and their places of worship are crumbling the dust and the blood of the people who once worshipped them.
He knows who that woman was.

He knows that she won't go away until she has taken at least one soul. Lalli has already decided it cannot be his, Tuuri's or Emil's. The others are invaluable, of course, but at the same time, they are not. If one of them truly has to go, Lalli knows it will not be his cousin or the Swede.

Her name is Hel, and she's here to take a soul to her realm of the dishonoured dead.
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Talimee

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1780 on: March 26, 2016, 08:23:27 AM »
Yeah, about that…
Spoiler: Irrelevant Technical Thing • show
I noticed AO3 used the German quote formatting in most places in your story.

Spoiler: About the End Note • show
In re: the bonus sentence, he already did.

Thank you for reading and commenting! =)

About the quote formatting. It's mostly german because I am german and don't have figured out how to the english formatting, or if I should do it at all.

I was thinking about your story, too. ;) Although I meant it more in a way: Odin revealing himself to Mikkel and Mikkel arguing with Odin that no gods exist. The ensuing discussion would be witty and funny as long as Odin was amused and then ... who knows.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 08:33:29 AM by Talimee »
[22:31] <@amity> And they care about only two things: Emil/Lalli fanfic, and chewing bubblegum.

Survived:

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
« Reply #1781 on: March 26, 2016, 11:28:12 AM »
Yay! It's so fluffy and sweet! I am always glad to see a new chapter of it. I especially love all of the phone messages. They are like concentrated character-essences. <3

Hehe, I'm glad you liked it! And I already said so on AO3, but I very much enjoyed this fic of yours too. (And I would be so down for reading something with Mikkel and Odin, that would be amazing!) LooNEY I liked your take on that too, I don't think I'd seen that before so thanks for the link!

Hooray for more shenanigans! ;D

I also just love how you manage to capture Sigrun's enthusiastic personality and Mikkel's deadpan seriousness during their texting.
Its contrasts between characters like these that makes me grinn the most, especially if they are in a conversation.  :))

I'll admit, the contrast between Sigrun's enthusiasm and Mikkel's seriousness is one of my favorite things about their relationship in any story involving them, and it makes them so much fun to write! I'm glad it made you grin. :))

Another chapter of that thing which I have yet to name, which seems to be the preliminary to a longer fic which will result in the crew fighting for Valhalla? Yes, I think this is what that is. Not to crash the BIWC party; I just realised I haven't posted in a long time.

One of the most frustrating things about Reynir, from Lalli's perspective, anyway, is the alien nature of his language. In the dream-world, he is not exactly a cohesive, calm speaker, but he isn't the gibbering idiot he comes across as when he speaks and Lalli cannot understand a single word he's saying. The fact that neither Emil nor Lalli have the faintest idea what he's talking about has done little to deter him from talking their ears off.
Lalli watches his mouth move, almost mesmerised by the constant, flapping movement. He has never known anyone to talk so incessantly before. What could he be saying? There are plenty of gestures to go with the torrent of words, but none of them will fit what Lalli guesses he might be talking about.

For example, why would he be skipping if he were talking about Lalli's flight to his dream-space last night? Lalli just doesn't get this kid. Who in their right mind could stay so cheerful after accidentally stowing away to the wrong place and ending up waist-deep in trolls and gore, when all they have ever known is the safety of the uninfected Iceland?
He's obviously insane.

But on the bright side, he's perfectly happy to follow Lalli, even though he has no idea where they are going or what they are doing. Emil's going to turn into a bit of a problem if Lalli doesn't find some way to shut him up soon; he has offered no complaints so far, but Lalli can tell from the look in his eyes that they're going to have some problems. He probably wishes he were with Sigrun. Those two are best friends now, or something.

For now, he has no choice nor real agenda other than to just plough forwards into the woods and see if something leaps out at him. The woods he is aiming for are off to their left. Thankfully, in the opposite direction from the city, where they had such a hell of a time getting out in one piece- Emil's favourite, especially, who by all rights should have lost an arm, or at least a few fingers to the freezing water which nearly drowned her.

Lalli is barely aware of the cold as he walks. His mind is somewhere else entirely. Specifically, in front of the hearth of the house where they lived in Saimaa. Pressed in between Tuuri's fleshy side and Onni's hard shoulder, at their grandmother's feet while she tells them the most horrifying stories. Of violent gods in foreign countries, whose power waned in the old world that became the Silent World, but who are making a come-back now that those gods of the Silent World are gone and their places of worship are crumbling the dust and the blood of the people who once worshipped them.

He knows that she won't go away until she has taken at least one soul. Lalli has already decided it cannot be his, Tuuri's or Emil's. The others are invaluable, of course, but at the same time, they are not. If one of them truly has to go, Lalli knows it will not be his cousin or the Swede.

Her name is Hel, and she's here to take a soul to her realm of the dishonoured dead.

Ooooh...
Lalli, NO. You are NOT thinking of doing what I THINK you're thinking of doing! Don't you dare try to get Reynir killed!

I mean...uh...I'm super intrigued to see where this is going. And I appreciated Lalli's little jealous-seeming thoughts about Sigrun - "He probably wishes he were with Sigrun. Those two are best friends now, or something" and referring to her as "Emil's favorite" later. Especially when you add in that Lalli has Emil on his list of people he doesn't want Hel to take away.

Talimee

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1782 on: March 26, 2016, 12:48:39 PM »

He's obviously insane.

I went back and read the other two chapters leading up to this. Woah! This is going to be intense! Your description of Hel is truly terrifying and I like the contast between Lalli's reasonably calm inner monologue and his confession of being scared out of his coma. I'm very much looking forward for more of this!

A question: What does BIWC mean? Google offered Berlin Internation Womens Club or Benefitial Irrigation Water Consumption, which both do not fit.

Survived:

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1783 on: March 26, 2016, 01:05:49 PM »
I might as well post this here before the comic josses it, haha. This was flashfic for a request at another site - somebody wanted to see something after p498, something in which Mikkel doesn't have to jump in, and Sigrun is going to be okay. So.

"Fortuity". Mikkel & Sigrun, no pairing. G/0+. 800 words.
Read it over here: http://roesslyng.dreamwidth.org/66367.html
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Pupunen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1784 on: March 26, 2016, 01:28:20 PM »
I might as well post this here before the comic josses it, haha. This was flashfic for a request at another site - somebody wanted to see something after p498, something in which Mikkel doesn't have to jump in, and Sigrun is going to be okay. So.

"Fortuity". Mikkel & Sigrun, no pairing. G/0+. 800 words.
Read it over here: http://roesslyng.dreamwidth.org/66367.html
I liked this! Especially the way Sigrun doesn't stop making fun of Mikkel even in such a serious situation. :D
Native: :finland:
Fluent: :sweden: :uk:
Good: :italy:
Understand but don't speak: :denmark: :norway:
Basics: :russia: :wales: :iceland: :vaticancity:

:chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15: