Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 787200 times)

OwlsG0

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #1755 on: March 21, 2016, 03:14:33 AM »
Aaah! These are both amazing!
And I'm glad that they both have a happy ending, presumably. :) Cause the thing that I've been writing hasn't and I feel horrible about it.
But I've been waiting for Sigrun to go into Berserker mode for nigh a week now, so as far as I'm concerned that's what the update should look like. :D (And then when the giant is all chopped up, Mikkel can wrap her in his jacket and carry her home.)

Sigrun would be struggling to get back and finish her job, like "I think that piece just twitched! Put me down, Mikkel, I need to go stab it to make sure!"
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Pupunen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1756 on: March 21, 2016, 03:32:45 AM »
Lazy8, OwlsG0, I love these stories!  Beautifully written and with happy endings, which I really need right now. :D
Native: :finland:
Fluent: :sweden: :uk:
Good: :italy:
Understand but don't speak: :denmark: :norway:
Basics: :russia: :wales: :iceland: :vaticancity:

:chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15:

OwlsG0

« Reply #1757 on: March 21, 2016, 04:26:26 PM »
I saw the future.

tamaerchen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1758 on: March 22, 2016, 06:39:44 AM »
A new chapter for the Mora monster

What a pity that I can't give Kudos per chapter! And you don't need to tell me to put on my shipper glasses, I pretty much wear them constantly.

Fluent: :germany: :uk:
Alright: :spain: :france:
I try: :vaticancity: :norway: :turkey: :ireland: :sign: Yiddish
(I study historical linguistics and like to dig around in various Germanic languages of the last 2000 years or so.)

~Rule no.1: Don't question the Sgru!~

OwlsG0

« Reply #1759 on: March 22, 2016, 06:47:48 AM »
What a pity that I can't give Kudos per chapter! And you don't need to tell me to put on my shipper glasses, I pretty much wear them constantly.

It has taken a serious effort not to turn this entire fic into a shipper's fic; to give them the time and space and development to become a believable couple.
But we're drawing close, people.
cloooooose
I saw the future.

Pupunen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1760 on: March 23, 2016, 05:56:17 AM »
I seem to be quickly descending deeper into fanfic madness. I was actually working on something slightly different, but somehow ended up writing this thing first. It's... kind of shippy?

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6331483

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1761 on: March 23, 2016, 07:27:38 AM »
I seem to be quickly descending deeper into fanfic madness. I was actually working on something slightly different, but somehow ended up writing this thing first. It's... kind of shippy?

This was so sweet!! I really like how soft and dreamy it was >w<

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1762 on: March 23, 2016, 08:07:11 AM »
Pupunen, that was lovely! So sad though. I hope they eventually manage to make it real in the world. I'm reminded of the theme that turns up a lot in French, Irish and Galician folktales, where a close couple are cursed in some way to only both be together for a few moments at dawn and dusk, generally because one or both are shapeshifted. Well made!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #1763 on: March 23, 2016, 08:31:26 AM »

I can't decide if that was sweet or heartbreaking... No, scratch that, it was definitely both, what I can't decide is whether I should be feeling the "awwwww" or the "WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME"
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #1764 on: March 23, 2016, 09:27:02 AM »
I can't decide if that was sweet or heartbreaking... No, scratch that, it was definitely both, what I can't decide is whether I should be feeling the "awwwww" or the "WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME"

My sentiments exactly! I keep bouncing between "I love this!" and "awww, poor babies, just go to each other already!!!"
It's beautifully written and a great thing to wake up to this morning, so thanks for sharing it!
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Pupunen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1765 on: March 23, 2016, 04:20:03 PM »
Thank you for the encouraging comments, everyone! :) (And sorry about any broken hearts.)

I'm reminded of the theme that turns up a lot in French, Irish and Galician folktales, where a close couple are cursed in some way to only both be together for a few moments at dawn and dusk, generally because one or both are shapeshifted.
I wish I could say the resemblance was intentional, but unfortunately I'm not that knowledgeable about folklore. :D But that's an awesome fic idea for someone to write!

And how can you write this fast?
Actually, I've discovered that having an unfinished fanfic waiting helps me finish my translation homework a lot faster than I usually do. If I promise myself that I can keep writing once I've finished, say, my law translation assignment, I magically manage to translate the whole thing really quickly, and this leaves me plenty of time to write. :D (Well, I also neglect other things I should be doing, but let's not talk about that...)

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #1766 on: March 23, 2016, 05:50:55 PM »
Actually, I've discovered that having an unfinished fanfic waiting helps me finish my translation homework a lot faster than I usually do. If I promise myself that I can keep writing once I've finished, say, my law translation assignment, I magically manage to translate the whole thing really quickly, and this leaves me plenty of time to write. :D (Well, I also neglect other things I should be doing, but let's not talk about that...)

Ha! That's exactly me, only with reading science papers!
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
« Reply #1767 on: March 24, 2016, 05:51:24 AM »
Pupunen, thank you for that story. I think it is rather sweet than heartbreaking and it definetely brightened up my morning. :)
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

Athena

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1768 on: March 24, 2016, 12:35:37 PM »

Beautiful and sad, I enjoyed it! Very well written!
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #1769 on: March 25, 2016, 05:55:54 PM »
Oh look, more silly hipster shenanigans! Now with less flower crowns but more weasel-bunny.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: