Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 780393 times)

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #1710 on: March 09, 2016, 02:28:05 AM »
Aah, scary. She's maybe Hel?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

OwlsG0

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #1711 on: March 09, 2016, 02:36:31 AM »
Aah, scary. She's maybe Hel?

Bingo! Loki's favourite child, right after that eight-legged horse 
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

frostykitty

« Reply #1712 on: March 09, 2016, 08:39:55 PM »
Ahhh, it continues! Mysterious... Can't wait for more!

And now-
I finished chapter nine rather quickly. And I lied. There's going to be a chapter ten because I have an idea. But chapter ten is going to be like a bonus thing, it doesn't affect our main team. (Edit- it's only about five paragraphs long, just a short little thing that I'll post tomorrow.)

so it got a little too big...

But I did it in a reasonable amount of time *gasp* That's unheard of!
Spoiler: notessss • show
So? It's... It's there... Not sure if I like it, but it's there.
And the names... Have a better one that would fit in for the area? Please, say something.

I will do those drawings mentioned, only maybe not the trolls... I don't trust my abilities to draw proper anatomy as it is, that'll just be, uh, awful if I attempt to draw a troll. I will draw the others though, especially Björn Jr. Yes, they named the cat Björn Jr.
As for the writer's identity, think back to the skeleton just outside the troll room.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 09:33:16 PM by frostykitty »

meshebe

• Ranger
  • altruistic idiot
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #1713 on: March 09, 2016, 09:10:03 PM »
drops in
OWLSGO THAT WAS AMAZING
drops out

I'll have to come back and read more things when I have more time =D
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01:

Avatar made by the most awesome Tap.

tamaerchen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1714 on: March 10, 2016, 11:49:31 AM »
frostykitty, you're quick! :o
And it was an interesting read as well. While we kind of knew before what was going in that place, this part made the situation feel more real to me. I get shudders thinking about living in a place surrounded by trolls and then also having trolls inside on purpose and apparently they sometimes escape and in the case of 005 and Björn communicate across rooms and ugh it's all very creepy. :)
Fluent: :germany: :uk:
Alright: :spain: :france:
I try: :vaticancity: :norway: :turkey: :ireland: :sign: Yiddish
(I study historical linguistics and like to dig around in various Germanic languages of the last 2000 years or so.)

~Rule no.1: Don't question the Sgru!~

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #1715 on: March 10, 2016, 07:57:07 PM »
I keep getting a new AU idea that won't leave me alooooooooooone!

Gladiator!Sigrun. With Emil as her very reluctant protege/apprentice.

It's a fun idea, but why? I already have too much to do as is!
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Róisín

« Reply #1716 on: March 10, 2016, 08:02:08 PM »
Lazy8: Gladiator, huh! Now is that back in the Roman times, orrrr.... Maybe some of the more intelligent and together trolls, or a group of totally feral immune survivors, or some unholy alliance of the above, capture them and like to play with their food before they eat it?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1717 on: March 10, 2016, 08:55:52 PM »
Lazy8: Gladiator, huh! Now is that back in the Roman times, orrrr.... Maybe some of the more intelligent and together trolls, or a group of totally feral immune survivors, or some unholy alliance of the above, capture them and like to play with their food before they eat it?

Well I was just thinking classic Roman times (got a lot of classic education back in high school and remember rather enjoying it), but... trolls... intelligent trolls... frightfully intelligent trolls that like to play with their food... Hmmmm... This is intriguing, I like it! Will have to keep thinking on these possibilities... (And then scream some more because I still have too much else to do!)

frostykitty

« Reply #1718 on: March 10, 2016, 09:50:57 PM »
That sounds sooo coool! I would love to see that if you found time to do it!

And I almost forgot! The little tiny bonus chapter!
Spoiler: year zero. return to silence; part two, chapter ten • show
{chapter 10}

They ran down the corridor with wild fear blazing in their bright blue eyes. Up the stairs, up to the second floor. Close all the doors you can between you and it. Hurry, hurry, move the desks! SLAM! The beast had ran blindly into the first door.

Trembling, they picked up the pace, ignoring the scratchy wail of 005. Of the troll that never died, no matter how hard they tried to do away with it. A desk and a few chairs on each side? Good enough. You'll die any minute now, it's not going to stop coming. Hurry up and write. They gritted their teeth and opened their note book. They started to furiously scribble down a letter.

'I know someone will find us eventually. Our team of freak survivors and our goal just out of reach. I was never one with words, so I'll make it quick. Don't let our research go to waste. If this building still stands and our journals are intact, that is.  We have all lost our lives for it, and now I'm about to loose mine. I wish you good luck, you people of the far future. Stay safe in the lands of silence.'

They tossed the book aside. The screaming had grown. This is it. The end of my tale. I hope they'll care to read it, if they come. When they come, I'm positive they will. Someone, sometime. Sooner or later, someone will come. We will set the world right, once again.

Skrrritch skrrrratch... Björn clawed at the door with a whimper. They held their breath and closed their eyes tight, waiting. But nothing happened. Björn let out a small whine, the sound of his claws tapping on the tile floor alerting the human to his slow retreat. They opened their eyes in disbelief. "Well wasn't that fun..." They muttered, ever sarcastic - momentarily forgetting about the troll escaping from its tank in the room just behind them...

Spoiler: notessss • show
And thus concludes part two.
Smol and fast-paced, how fun! To be honest I was a bit anxious a while after writing this. Pft, I heard a sound in the hallway and whipped around with a fist raised, to see the wall. Just the wall. *Hides in shame*

tamaerchen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1719 on: March 10, 2016, 09:59:45 PM »
Oh, wow. Yes, that did indeed quicken my heartbeat - I'll be weary about sounds from the hallway now as well. (Not very practical when you live in a dorm with 79 other people...;))
Fluent: :germany: :uk:
Alright: :spain: :france:
I try: :vaticancity: :norway: :turkey: :ireland: :sign: Yiddish
(I study historical linguistics and like to dig around in various Germanic languages of the last 2000 years or so.)

~Rule no.1: Don't question the Sgru!~

OwlsG0

« Reply #1720 on: March 11, 2016, 12:47:02 AM »
Well I was just thinking classic Roman times (got a lot of classic education back in high school and remember rather enjoying it), but... trolls... intelligent trolls... frightfully intelligent trolls that like to play with their food... Hmmmm... This is intriguing, I like it! Will have to keep thinking on these possibilities... (And then scream some more because I still have too much else to do!)

Funny you should mention a gladiator Sigrun? I've been thinking about her in a Roman AU all week, right down to Emil being her junior and trainee and pseudo-son/little brother! If you can find the time, you should definitely write something for your AU. I know I'm never going to touch it- I've got way too much to write as it is.
I saw the future.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1721 on: March 11, 2016, 08:15:04 AM »
Funny you should mention a gladiator Sigrun? I've been thinking about her in a Roman AU all week, right down to Emil being her junior and trainee and pseudo-son/little brother! If you can find the time, you should definitely write something for your AU. I know I'm never going to touch it- I've got way too much to write as it is.

That is a weird coincidence indeed. Great minds?

And I waaaaaant to, but... *looks at pile of other stuff I need to be doing*

OwlsG0

« Reply #1722 on: March 13, 2016, 05:11:02 AM »
Here comes another chapter of the Mora-monster. Not too many more are left to write at this point

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5853457/chapters/14288143

I saw the future.

Talimee

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1723 on: March 13, 2016, 08:40:14 AM »
Here comes another chapter of the Mora-monster. Not too many more are left to write at this point

Yay! New chapter! I like reading these while breakfasting. =) Seems a perfect fit.
[22:31] <@amity> And they care about only two things: Emil/Lalli fanfic, and chewing bubblegum.
[22:31] <@amity> And the word is, they're all out of bubblegum.

Survived:
:chap5::chap6::chap7: :chap20:
:chap8::chap9::chap10:
:chap11::chap12::chap13:
:chap14::chap15::chap16:
:chap17::chap18::chap19:

Róisín

« Reply #1724 on: March 13, 2016, 08:48:25 AM »
Good one, OwlsG0!