Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 784984 times)

G0vnah

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hi. I'm G0vnah, or Stanley, or Stan. Whichever.
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #1530 on: February 11, 2016, 10:03:28 PM »
Well, that's an interesting mind. Well caught. I hope you'll do it again!
Thank you kindly! I had a lot of fun exploring it! :) If I do another SSSS entry, I'll be sure to let people know.
ABOUT ME: INTJ; Writer/Filmmaker/Storyteller/Animator/Musician; Coffee Addict; Christian Fundamentalist; Pizza lover; Fan of Sweeney Todd (esp. the 2001 Concert Version); American, English speaker; Used to know Spanish; Want to learn Spanish (again), Gaelic, Irish, German, Russian... heck, anything, really; Chances of actually finding time to learn another language: slim to none; Sci Fi Geek; Film Geek; Fantasy Geek; "Steveles" on Fanfiction.net; KS City Chiefs Fan

frostykitty

« Reply #1531 on: February 12, 2016, 07:39:14 AM »
I liked it. It would be hard to explain all the magical mage stuff (obviously I'm using technical terms) in that way, but I think you did good.

And I think I got another plot figured out, so part two should start in a few days!

G0vnah

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1532 on: February 12, 2016, 07:55:07 AM »
I liked it. It would be hard to explain all the magical mage stuff (obviously I'm using technical terms) in that way, but I think you did good.

And I think I got another plot figured out, so part two should start in a few days!
Thanks. ^^

And yaaaay! More stuff for me to read! :D
ABOUT ME: INTJ; Writer/Filmmaker/Storyteller/Animator/Musician; Coffee Addict; Christian Fundamentalist; Pizza lover; Fan of Sweeney Todd (esp. the 2001 Concert Version); American, English speaker; Used to know Spanish; Want to learn Spanish (again), Gaelic, Irish, German, Russian... heck, anything, really; Chances of actually finding time to learn another language: slim to none; Sci Fi Geek; Film Geek; Fantasy Geek; "Steveles" on Fanfiction.net; KS City Chiefs Fan

frostykitty

« Reply #1533 on: February 13, 2016, 01:39:21 PM »
While trying to clean up the document that I write Return to Silence in for the next chapter (yep, one document. Quite long and hard to navigate) I gathered all of part one and uploaded it to my sta.sh as a backup if the whole thing gets deleted... But if you wanted to have it all together so you didn't have to search it's here, but HUGE so open at your own risk I guess? Word count for the whole thing? 7,995 or something like that. Not that long, is it?

Now off to begin chapter two! (same prologue as the other one)

G0vnah

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1534 on: February 13, 2016, 01:42:24 PM »
Ah, even better! :) Thanks!

And also, I'll admit I'm in the habit of not reading fanfics as they update, but rather waiting 'till they're done and binging on them completely. May I ask how close this one is to completion? :3

frostykitty

« Reply #1535 on: February 13, 2016, 01:47:49 PM »
Finished. It's only eight chapters. I know ALMOST for a fact part two will be longer. I'm hoping.

G0vnah

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1536 on: February 13, 2016, 03:05:46 PM »
Ahah, even better! :D I'll get to it when I can, then! :B

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #1537 on: February 13, 2016, 04:32:52 PM »
Well, the last two months have been a wonderful procession of life kicking me in the teeth, but I’ve finally found the time to write again (just)! A short story of Onni on the Keuruu docks, mostly based around what we saw on Page 451 and inspired by some art Gwenno did around the same time.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5994112

Hope you all like it! And I will read the new stuff on this thread soon, I promise…
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

frostykitty

« Reply #1538 on: February 13, 2016, 05:30:04 PM »
That was great! However, shouldn't have read it with a dark closet behind me! The (let's just say) creature calling for them all is the chilling part. Descriptions of the cleansing missions? No, I'm fine there. But not, of course, the mystery dream creature calling their names... *shivers* that's the part that creeps me out, especially when you can guess who it might have (once) been.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1539 on: February 13, 2016, 05:38:37 PM »
snip

How dare you, that was a completely fine heart I had and now look at how it is. Look at what you did. Take responsibility (and also write more pls). :'(
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #1540 on: February 13, 2016, 06:01:14 PM »
[punch right in the feelings]

AAAAAHHH Oh my gosh that was really good but also SAD! If anyone needs me I'll be in the corner doing this:

Also I'm sorry life has been kicking you in the teeth, hopefully it's done now (and you still have a few teeth left?)
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1541 on: February 13, 2016, 06:07:06 PM »
I had wondered how you were doing, and am very glad you are back! This is an interesting take on Onni and the inside of his head, poor man! And I hope life has stopped kicking you in the teeth, and has gone off to nurse its bruised toes.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1542 on: February 13, 2016, 06:35:12 PM »
Well, and now here's my contribution to the angst party (sorta):

The Good, the Bad, and the Bestial
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent”/Western crossover fanfic
Part 19
Caper the Third: The Cave of Time
Part 8
Prior part
Spoiler: show
The Survivors

Malmö, Sweden
Year 3, Day 27
0949L

Sigrun Eide leaped nimbly over the flailing tentacle trying to disembowel her and stabbed through another of the Giant’s brains. This was the most massive Giant she’d taken on in the three years since the Outbreak, but if it wanted to take out her crew, it would have to go through her first!

Faster than anyone could have reacted, more tentacles sprang their trap, snapping Sigrun’s knife arm like a twig. The Giant screamed in demonic triumph at Sigrun from at least twenty more mouths, and she knew, with bleak certainty, that she was about to die.

Of course, she didn’t plan on making it easy.

Right as the Giant was about to strike, a Molotov Cocktail hit its trunk, flames shooting along its fetid, hideous bulk. As Sigrun turned to see who her rescuer was--probably Emil, but he was supposed to be watching the south end, so she’d have to remonstrate with him for leaving his post--she heard her own voice cackle gleefully, “Bullseye, Goldilocks!”

But Sigrun hadn’t said that. She finished turning--and nearly fell over at the sight of the six figures approaching her in garb straight out of those John Wayne movies Mikkel, Onni and Emil loved so much, for not only did they include Tuuri, Reynir, Lalli--Lalli, whose leg she’d helped set just yesterday!--Mikkel and Emil, but another Sigrun walked with them as well.

It was at this point that the shock of her broken arm combined with the shock of seeing the doubles and knocked Sigrun out, though not easily. Characteristically, she struggled against her impending black-out, but eventually succumbed.

“It looks like a cat,” Lalli Ghost-of-Forest commented dryly. So it did, albeit a bit more grungily than when Lalli Hotakainen had made the same observation three years earlier.

Mobility was the key to surviving in the city, and there had been not a few running (well, crawling really, but you get the point) battles over those three years. Sigrun and Emil had scrounged together a meager assortment of weaponry for those running battles, but their nights were still spent under whatever cover they could suss out, most of the crew sleeping with one eye open against the possibility of the grosslings (as they called the monsters) sussing them out.

Of course, the Westerners knew none of this; all they knew was that now!Sigrun’s tracks led back here, so here they had carried her unconscious form. “OY!” the Western Sigrun shouted.

Before she could say anything else, Emil popped out from behind them and, putting his finger to his lips in the universal “hush!” signal, motioned with the gun he carried for them to move to the vehicle.

When they reached the door, Emil went up to it and drew his fingers along it in a specific pattern of scratches, whereupon Mikkel opened the door from inside.

“These guys found Sigrun hurt and brought her back here,” Emil said. Unfortunately, he spoke in Swedish, which was about as intelligible to most of the Westerners as Greek.

Most of the Westerners couldn’t understand what now!Mikkel’s reply was. Western Mikkel, on the other hand, spoke bad and badly accented Danish, and so heard his counterpart tell Emil, “You all need to be decontaminated, you know.”

“Do we have extra masks for those two?” Emil asked, gesturing at Reynir and Tuuri. “I mean, assuming this isn’t just some weird dream I’m having.”

“We all wish,” Mikkel said gently. Then, “I think we have a few more spares, assuming they haven’t already been infected.”

“They haven’t,” the Western Mikkel interjected. “They’ve had their faces covered since we came out of the sewers.”

Emil turned to his Mikkel a grin and said, “Wow. He speaks Danish badly enough that I understand him better than you.”

The decontamination process was pretty quick; three years of practice had honed it to a science. Tending to Sigrun’s arm, however, was a bigger problem, even with two Mikkels at work.

Tuuri and Lalli Hotakainen were having a desultory conversation in Finnish when Tuuri Face-Like-Baby and Lalli Ghost-of-Forest came up to them. Fortunately, the Hotakainens also spoke enough English for the foursome to converse.

“Mostly, we’ve been doing okay, so far,” Tuuri Hotakainen concluded. “Except for my brother, Onni, over there.” She gestured at a large form huddled miserably beneath a blanket under a bunk at the back of the vehicle. “About a year ago, he started asking when we were going home, and we realized that his mind had... snapped under the pressure.”

At the lost look in Onni’s eyes, bright burning anger sprang to life in Lalli Ghost-of-Forest...

Spoiler: Authorial Notes • show

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

I finally vomited this part out.

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #1543 on: February 13, 2016, 09:09:48 PM »
Oh look...my "so sweet it will give you cavities" Hipster Band AU is updated just in time for Valentine's Day! (I swear I didn't do that on purpose, it just happened that way, haha.)
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #1544 on: February 13, 2016, 09:39:50 PM »
Oh look...my "so sweet it will give you cavities" Hipster Band AU is updated just in time for Valentine's Day! (I swear I didn't do that on purpose, it just happened that way, haha.)

Okay, I loved this one from the beginning, but then you bring in Pride and Prejudice!

Man, I should not have laughed so hard when I saw that line, but I sure wasn't expecting that!

Oh man, this was a fantastic one.
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.