Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 787020 times)

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #1320 on: January 09, 2016, 06:11:12 PM »
Ahaha, Looney, that was awesome, thank you! <3
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #1321 on: January 09, 2016, 10:07:05 PM »
Forced to Fight
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent” fanfic
Spoiler: show

Sigrun Eide was starting to get angry, and that was not generally accounted to be a good thing. Sigrun was as free-thinking as the next girl, but being tied to a chair and thrown down a pit was not her kink, especially when done by a coward who wouldn’t even show themselves.

For Sigrun, as for many people, the present held a decided primacy over the past; thus, the exact circumstances of her being bound to the chair and thrown in the hole were, in her mind, quite secondary to getting out from the chair, and the hole, for that matter.

Hmmmmm. The hole, such as it was, was maybe two and a half or three meters deep, and there was a sort-of shelf about a meter up one side. It was almost as if her captor wanted her to be able to escape, but only just.

Sigrun was a very good jumper, even under circumstances of extremely low mobility such as these, so the first jump was pretty easy. The second and much higher jump took four tries and several minutes of blistering invective, but she finally made it, and still tied to the chair, no less.

She’d debouched from the hole onto an upper floor of the wreck they’d been exploring, and now that she had fewer immediate worries, she began to consider, not without a certain degree of concern, what might have happened to Emil.

Before Sigrun could wrest herself from the chair, or plunge too deeply into concern for her team-mate, a Giant appeared between one blink and the next. Well, this day just kept getting better.

There was no time to worry about how the Giant had appeared: all her time had to be spent defeating it. Displaying considerable dexterity, Sigrun flipped around, lashing out at the Giant with the legs of the chair she was still tied to.

The Giant was obviously not expecting such aggressiveness from its putative prey, so it hesitated, with predictably fatal consequences. It is never wise for an opponent of Sigrun Eide to hesitate.

Sigrun had faced Giants before, and she knew that, for all their strengths, they still had weaknesses. One of these weaknesses was a susceptibility to close-in knife work--if you got close enough in the right spot, it had trouble getting at you before you sliced it, but you had to be very close.

Sigrun had used her first attack to finish breaking free from the ropes holding her to the chair, but wrecking the chair in the process. While the Giant was still off-balance, she grabbed one of the chair’s legs, drawing her trusty knife with the other hand.

The Giant, while massive, proved to only have a few viable heads, so Sigrun made short work of most of them. After the Giant was down to one head, though, it began protecting that head fiercely. It took all of Sigrun’s cunning to finally force the Giant to expose its last head so that she could smash it with her club.

Sigrun allowed herself a few heavy breaths as she stood over the Giant’s corpse. The last breath, however, brought with it a faint scent of smoke. Was Emil at work? Sigrun dashed off to follow the scent...

Even tied up, Sigrun never fails to be awesome.

Though I want to know how someone managed to sneak up on Sigrun Eide of all people, tie her to a chair, and throw her down a hole without ending up very very dead. The mystery continues...
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #1322 on: January 10, 2016, 05:55:15 AM »
For those not following the Secret Santa, here’s my gift to frenci, based on the prompt for Yuuago’s “Until We Meet Again”, but with a few twists. (What if the one who remembered was not the one seeking to reconnect?)

Aaaaaaand there’s also this:

Forced to Fight
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent” fanfic
[snip]

Your reincarnation fic was great, an interesting spin on the idea! (It's been a while, do I detect some call backs to your Emil's-letters-to-Lalli-over-the-years fic series you did a while ago, or is that my imagination?)
And good old Sigrun being Sigrun, always a pleasure to read. :D
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Seilann

• Tumblr
« Reply #1323 on: January 10, 2016, 02:28:31 PM »
Wow, I disappear for a week and there's so much to catch up on! And of course it's all so good. ^^

First: Prompt fulfillment. I had this mostly finished since Christmas week and finally decided to just add a resolution and toss it up. It was a lot of fun, and I will probably give it a better ending when I'm not swamped. http://archiveofourown.org/works/5689210

Second: Another song for Kiraly's hipster band AU, which again was written quickly and then recorded in my car and during lunch: https://soundcloud.com/seilann/ashes

(Is there maybe a more appropriate place to post fan songs, and/or should I make one?)

Enjoy!
native :usa:
conversational :japan:
stagnant :southkorea: :spain: :italy:
beginner :sweden: :ireland: :greece:

:chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1324 on: January 10, 2016, 04:37:17 PM »
(Is there maybe a more appropriate place to post fan songs, and/or should I make one?)

Ahem.
(It's been a while, do I detect some call backs to your Emil's-letters-to-Lalli-over-the-years fic series you did a while ago, or is that my imagination?)
Mostly stuff mentioned in Part VIII.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 04:39:35 PM by LooNEY_DAC »

Seilann

• Tumblr
« Reply #1325 on: January 11, 2016, 11:41:48 PM »
Ahem.

Haha, I saw that board before and thought it was just for filks. Thanks for drawing it to my attention again.

Looney, do you have an archive somewhere? I'd love to be able to access everything at once, especially with how your fics tend to all intertwine and reference each other.
native :usa:
conversational :japan:
stagnant :southkorea: :spain: :italy:
beginner :sweden: :ireland: :greece:

:chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1326 on: January 11, 2016, 11:46:13 PM »
LooNEY, second that question. I know you linked to it once before, but I can't presently find it.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1327 on: January 12, 2016, 12:55:14 AM »
My deviantArt has everything aside from "Contingencies", but I'll put that up soon.

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1328 on: January 12, 2016, 12:56:43 AM »
My deviantArt has everything aside from "Contingencies", but I'll put that up soon.

/BOOKMARKS
Excellent, this will be a good way to poke through, considering my sporadic reading habits. < 3 I'm so glad you have everything in one place.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Róisín

« Reply #1329 on: January 12, 2016, 03:37:22 AM »
Thanks, LooNEY!

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #1330 on: January 12, 2016, 06:44:02 AM »

Time for a good old archive binge :D
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #1331 on: January 13, 2016, 11:03:27 PM »
*runs in, drops another chapter of the Ridiculous Hipster Band AU (complete with fluffy Reynir/Tuuri) and runs away again*
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Róisín

« Reply #1332 on: January 14, 2016, 12:19:41 AM »
Kiraly, this is great! As I said in your comments, I'm still laughing.

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #1333 on: January 14, 2016, 12:43:49 AM »
Kiraly, this is great! As I said in your comments, I'm still laughing.

Thanks Róisín! Your comments always make my day. :)) And it's good to hear it's making you laugh, because I'm having waaaay too much fun writing this silly thing.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1334 on: January 14, 2016, 12:52:42 AM »
Thanks Róisín! Your comments always make my day. :)) And it's good to hear it's making you laugh, because I'm having waaaay too much fun writing this silly thing.
Ah. So nearly as much fun as we're having reading it, then.