Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 780123 times)

shoop

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • sup homes
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #1260 on: December 26, 2015, 05:24:57 PM »
After lurking and drawing for this thread for ages I come bearing...! A very self-indulgent Tuuri fic, haha.  Voilà

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #1261 on: December 27, 2015, 06:30:49 AM »
"The Currently Untitled Fanfic that Probably Doesn't Actually Deserve a Title"
Why... why did I expect anything else? Well played, well played indeed :D

After lurking and drawing for this thread for ages I come bearing...! A very self-indulgent Tuuri fic, haha.  Voilà
Already said this on AO3 but I really liked this! We definitely need more Tuuri fics, that's for certain (hell, we need more fics in general, but that's another issue...)
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #1262 on: December 27, 2015, 08:36:04 AM »

That was great! Well done!

Why... why did I expect anything else? Well played, well played indeed :D

I am at least part troll :)
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #1263 on: December 27, 2015, 09:35:40 PM »
Just went through the whole of the Scriptorium in two days and all I can say is good job everybody! (Absolutely no way I could go back and give comments individually, sorry!)
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1264 on: December 27, 2015, 11:45:38 PM »
I am so behind with reading, because I've been trying to finish as much stuff as possible before the end of the year. (Why? Well... why not?) I look forward to combing through this when I'm done with that. : D

And on that subject, I finished something! Rather, another version of something. The poem that I wrote Vi for the forum's secret santa was originally drafted as a regular prose fanfic. So, I finished that.

Title: Wayfarer (I & II).
Characters: Lalli & Reynir; no pairing.
Rating: E for Everyone.
Length: 1.7k of fic; 60 lines of poetry
Summary: Reynir visits Lalli in the dreamworld again. This time, he has a suggestion. Lalli has mixed feelings about it.
Fic by itself can be read at my archive: https://roesslyng.dreamwidth.org/60915.html
Fic and poem together are at Ao3: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5557196
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1265 on: December 28, 2015, 09:07:58 AM »
I am so behind with reading, because I've been trying to finish as much stuff as possible before the end of the year. (Why? Well... why not?) I look forward to combing through this when I'm done with that. : D

And on that subject, I finished something! Rather, another version of something. The poem that I wrote Vi for the forum's secret santa was originally drafted as a regular prose fanfic. So, I finished that.

Title: Wayfarer (I & II).
Characters: Lalli & Reynir; no pairing.
Rating: E for Everyone.
Length: 1.7k of fic; 60 lines of poetry
Summary: Reynir visits Lalli in the dreamworld again. This time, he has a suggestion. Lalli has mixed feelings about it.
Fic by itself can be read at my archive: https://roesslyng.dreamwidth.org/60915.html
Fic and poem together are at Ao3: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5557196
My favorite fic from you <3 Definitively. The images are strong, which is one of the best compliment I can say to someone I read, we can see, we can feel, Lalli and Reynir are very themselves. It's a success, and the poem alone was already beautiful <3
Bonus : "Where are all the trees ?" :D (My first question about Iceland to my best friend having an Erasmus for a year there and sending me photos, years ago.)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #1266 on: December 29, 2015, 12:50:11 AM »
Just went through the whole of the Scriptorium in two days and all I can say is good job everybody! (Absolutely no way I could go back and give comments individually, sorry!)
Wow, two days?!?! I've been trying to go through and see what's been posted, but I've only gotten to page 23 so far. (Plus the last few pages, I guess.) That's impressive!

shoop I already commented on AO3, but I really love your approach to Tuuri! She's busy being quietly awesome while everyone else runs around fighting trolls and lighting fires. Not that I don't also love those characters, of course.

Yuuago That's some beautiful writing! I like how the prose and poetry complement each other, it works really well.

Purple Wyrm Ahaha, that's hilarious!

So...I may have started a Hipster Band AU focusing on Tuuri and Reynir. I'm so sorry I don't know what came over me, it's only going to get more ridiculous from here on out.

*runs away*
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1267 on: December 29, 2015, 02:31:49 AM »
Kiraly: read it and commented on A3O but will say here: the story is funny and sweet, please do continue!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #1268 on: December 29, 2015, 10:37:05 AM »
Kiraly: read it and commented on A3O but will say here: the story is funny and sweet, please do continue!
Aww, thank you! (And now I know who you are on AO3 - still putting together what names everyone uses on different websites). I have another chapter in progress now, so hopefully I can get that finished soon.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1269 on: December 29, 2015, 04:53:30 PM »
I keep getting the urge to do a Matrix crossover somebody please help me!

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #1270 on: December 29, 2015, 06:15:33 PM »
According to Google, the Finnish translation for "déjà vu" is "deja vu". Expect Derpkitty to paf you if you get her stuck with that name. Twice.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1271 on: December 29, 2015, 08:42:39 PM »

Well, 2 scenarios spring to mind immediately:
1. Y90 is a subset of the Matrix where the machines are experimenting with extended longevity through the mental prison of Trollification;
or
2. The Rash was the reason people were put into the pods and the Matrix to begin with, and the war against the machines happened after the Rash was forgotten.

…oh. That wasn't the kind of help you were asking for?
Oops.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1272 on: December 29, 2015, 08:52:29 PM »
Well, 2 scenarios spring to mind immediately:
1. Y90 is a subset of the Matrix where the machines are experimenting with extended longevity through the mental prison of Trollification;
or
2. The Rash was the reason people were put into the pods and the Matrix to begin with, and the war against the machines happened after the Rash was forgotten.

…oh. That wasn't the kind of help you were asking for?
Oops.

I'm actually kind of dancing around 'Somebody please talk me out of this because I already have an A:tLA epic that I really need to be working on and AAAAAH!'

(Or convince me that this is a good enough idea that I need to get off my butt and actually write the thing. That works too.)

Anyway, it popped into my head while I was listening to Dangerous by Big Data, and involves Onni being taken out of the Matrix but not being told/not really processing that he'd be leaving his family behind, but then coming back for Lalli (whose memory of him has been erased) years later. The characters would just be thrown into the universe of the Matrix, but several Ones before Neo's time, so their technology and programs wouldn't be as advanced, and maybe Agent Smith and the Oracle would show up at some point? And Onni and Tuuri would be siblings by adoption because Tuuri was born in the real world, Sigrun would be the captain of their ship the Valkyrie, Tuuri would be the pilot/mechanic, Reynir would be the One if I ever got that far, and asdfhgeypogd I have done almost no planning on this.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 10:12:30 PM by Lazy8 »

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1273 on: December 29, 2015, 11:11:42 PM »
Oh, look.

I made a little Family Headcannon fanfic.

With a Hey and a Ho (and a Hey-Nonny-No!)
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent” fanfic
Spoiler: show

Y67, Spring

She was tired.

Dawn was edging its way into the world, and she was tired from another night of Warding Duty. Their little corner of Saimaa needed a lot of Warding. Unfortunately, her best friend wanted her to meet some idiot man at breakfast today, when she would most likely go comatose right in her food, and the idiot man would laugh at her.

It was certain that the man was an idiot, of course; even her brother was an idiot, and he was the pick of the men around here, which was why her best friend was his wife, marking the only truly wise decision he’d ever made.

Or it might be even worse: she might pass out into her food and the unknown idiot wouldn’t laugh at her, or at least not openly, because of whose daughter she was. Another form of male idiocy was to be intimidated by the Empowered, such as her mother and herself. She’d seen it all too often: a man would look at her with sudden fear, because he thought she’d turn him into a newt or something equally ridiculous as repayment for a randomly offensive joke. Morons.

She stumbled into the eating area, hoping her friend wasn’t there yet, but her friend was, and was even then pointing her out to someone hidden behind a post. Great. Now, they’d close in for the kill, and she’d never get her sleep.

In the event, she actually managed to procure a bowl of Hot Morning Sludge, seat herself at a quiet table, and eat just enough to pass out before she dimly heard her friend saying, “Hey, she’s pretty cute, right?”

She didn’t catch his response, but when she snapped awake for a moment, as she often did in these morning naps, she found that he’d moved her bowl to one side so that she wouldn’t spill its disgusting contents all over herself as she slept. And he had been the one to do that; nice as her best friend was, the notion to do that would never have occurred to her.

Well, maybe he wasn’t as big of an idiot as she’d feared.

Y67, Summer

All the rigors of troll season were upon them, and she was even more tired than usual. Warding grew more important night by waning night, until the turning of the solstice would bring the ward of weather back.

She still hadn’t met the man her friend was so keen on her meeting, and that was perfectly fine by her.

She stumbled into the eating area again, but her usual table was occupied by a thin, rather nice looking man of about her own age. As soon as she saw him, something in her said, ‘Oh, there he is’. Being who she was, she trusted the voice.

Without a word, she sat down on his lap, put her arms around his shoulders, laid her head on his chest, and went to sleep, not hearing her best friend ask him, “You two really get along, huh?”

Words were overrated anyway.

Spoiler: Authorial Notes • show

My own spin on RTR’s little comic.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 04:52:17 PM by LooNEY_DAC »

Seilann

• Tumblr
« Reply #1274 on: December 30, 2015, 01:46:04 PM »
Oh, look.

I made a little Family Headcannon fanfic.

With a Hey and a Ho (and a Hey-Nonny-No!)
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent” fanfic
Spoiler: show

Y67, Spring

She was tired.

Dawn was edging its way into the world, and she was tired from another night of Warding Duty. Their little corner of Saimaa needed a lot of Warding. Unfortunately, her best friend wanted her to meet some idiot man at breakfast today, when she would most likely go comatose right in her food, and the idiot man would laugh at her.

It was certain that the man was an idiot, of course; even her brother was an idiot, and he was the pick of the men around here, which was why her best friend was his wife, marking the only truly wise decision he’d ever made.

Or it might be even worse: she might pass out into her food and the unknown idiot wouldn’t laugh at her, or at least not openly, because of whose daughter she was. Another form of male idiocy was to be intimidated by the Empowered, such as her mother and herself. She’d seen it all too often: a man would look at her with sudden fear, because he thought she’d turn him into a newt or something equally ridiculous as repayment for a randomly offensive joke. Morons.

She stumbled into the eating area, hoping her friend wasn’t there yet, but her friend was, and was even then pointing her out to someone hidden behind a post. Great. Now, they’d close in for the kill, and she’d never get her sleep.

In the event, she actually managed to procure a bowl of Hot Morning Sludge, seat herself at a quiet table, and eat just enough to pass out before she dimly heard her friend saying, “Hey, she’s pretty cute, right?”

She didn’t catch his response, but when she snapped awake for a moment, as she often did in these morning naps, she found that he’d moved her bowl to one side so that she wouldn’t spill its disgusting contents all over herself as she slept. And he had been the one to do that; nice as her best friend was, the notion to do that would never have occurred to her.

Well, maybe he wasn’t as big of an idiot as she’d feared.

Y67, Summer

All the rigors of troll season were upon them, and she was even more tired than usual. Warding grew more important night by waning night, until the turning of the solstice would bring the ward of weather back.

She still hadn’t met the man her friend was so keen on her meeting, and that was perfectly fine by her.

She stumbled into the eating area again, but her usual table was occupied by a thin, rather nice looking man of about her own age. As soon as she saw, him, something in her said, ‘Oh there he is’. Being who she was, she trusted the voice.

Without a word, she sat down on his lap, put her arms around his shoulders, laid her head on his chest, and went to sleep, not hearing her best friend ask him, “You two really get along, huh?”

Words were overrated anyway.

Spoiler: Authorial Notes • show

My own spin on RTR’s little comic.

Looney that is the most adorable thing! I totally accept this as canon.
native :usa:
conversational :japan:
stagnant :southkorea: :spain: :italy:
beginner :sweden: :ireland: :greece:

:chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10: