Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 787313 times)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #1215 on: December 15, 2015, 11:16:00 PM »
I was wondering how on earth you were going to wrap all that up in just one more chapter. I'm not wondering anymore.

You know that feeling when something is just so good that when it's over you're suddenly empty and breathless, slamming back into a physical universe and need to just sit there and digest reality for a while?
Yeah?
That feeling.

I agree too, Johannabelle.

SectoBoss, well done!  That was amazingly moving.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1216 on: December 16, 2015, 12:19:15 AM »
SectoBoss, that was very well made, and the ending well resolved. Otherwise, what Rabbit said.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Puls3

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1217 on: December 16, 2015, 01:15:26 AM »

Edit: and actually, your fic is MUCH better than anything *I* could produce under such circumstances O.o
No, wait, I'm not calling that fic I posted "bad"! If I thought it was bad, you couldn't pay me enough to post it in the first place :D I'm just saying that I'm horribly rusty, and I used to do much better, that's all. You know how the saying goes: "Better is the enemy of good", or something like that  ;D

Sorry, was a bit rough with my commenting there. But I do look forward too seeing what you will create in the future and by judging from this, I think your writing will be back in shape in no time  ;)

P.s
Thank you  ^-^
Writing has never been my forte, but it felt nice doing something different for a change.
Have a more extensive vocabulary in :england: than :sweden: (which is scary considering that I'm born and raised here)
Can only pronounce a few sentences of :spain:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1218 on: December 16, 2015, 01:40:47 AM »
SectoBoss: always ready to blab about Finnish mythology! ;D I admit I had no idea how you'd wrap that all up but it works brilliantly, all the pieces fell into place and suddenly everything made sense. Time for a few re-reads methinks...
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1219 on: December 16, 2015, 04:34:28 AM »
Sectoboss:
AAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAA
A
A
A
AAAA

okay im don- no wait
AAAAAAAAA

there we go.
I don't have much more to add, but this fic sure has been a journey and a very satisfying one. You managed to wrap it up in a way that really fit, but I hope those unused ideas get used later somehow, too :3

you'll know where to find me.

Puls3

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1220 on: December 16, 2015, 04:38:32 AM »
I sat down at 7pm, determined that I'd get my modern AU finished or die trying. It's now 2am and although I'm not dead I get the feeling I'm not far off  :))

The last chapter:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5353481/chapters/12563006

I really really hope you like it, it's certainly been quite an experience to write.
(special thanks to Laufey who gave me a lot of help with ideas that ended up getting cut completely. Sorry about that!)

I'm awestruck by your work, it's written so well, the character development was superb and your extensive vocabulary is something I could only dream of having.

Hope you get some good rest after this, you've more than earned it. 
Have a more extensive vocabulary in :england: than :sweden: (which is scary considering that I'm born and raised here)
Can only pronounce a few sentences of :spain:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Sc0ut

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1221 on: December 16, 2015, 04:52:04 AM »
I sat down at 7pm, determined that I'd get my modern AU finished or die trying. It's now 2am and although I'm not dead I get the feeling I'm not far off  :))

The last chapter:

I really really hope you like it, it's certainly been quite an experience to write.
(special thanks to Laufey who gave me a lot of help with ideas that ended up getting cut completely. Sorry about that!)

:D I was so happy to wake up to this today. It went all kinds of places I didn't expect! The dream part has a strong Neverending Story feel to me. Thank you for writing this Sectoboss, it was great!

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1222 on: December 16, 2015, 05:18:42 AM »

The last chapter:

Pfffffff, I would need to learn more vocabulary to explain what I'm feeling reading it :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #1223 on: December 16, 2015, 05:54:46 AM »

The last chapter:

*slow, respectful clapping*
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #1224 on: December 16, 2015, 06:57:06 AM »
All your posts saying how much you liked my fic are probably the nicest thing I could have woken up to. Thanks guys, you've made my day!
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1225 on: December 16, 2015, 07:27:56 AM »
Sectoboss: It rarely happens that something makes me comment here, but this latest story has pushed me to that point. It is wonderful and I've enjoyed every moment of it! The story is complex but also complete, the characterisation is perfect, especially considering the completely different setting. I've read this last part twice already, and still feel dizzy from being so completely sucked into it (will probably now read the entire thing seeing as it's completed). It is a fantastic piece of work and thank you so much for creating and sharing it!!!
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #1226 on: December 16, 2015, 10:23:21 AM »
Sectoboss:
Pfffffff, I would need to learn more vocabulary to explain what I'm feeling reading it :)
What Mélusine said. I don't think I have the necessary words to tell you how much I love this fic, but believe me, I do.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #1227 on: December 16, 2015, 11:31:36 AM »
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #1228 on: December 16, 2015, 11:52:44 AM »
SectoBoss, that was so good. I'm gonna have to read the whole thing through when I get the time.

Loved the entire story.
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

microFerret

• Preferred pronouns: is, hic, ille, ipse, idem
« Reply #1229 on: December 16, 2015, 10:38:16 PM »
The last chapter:

My jaw just dropped lower than Tooth Scary's. How is it that every time I read one of your fics, it's the best one I've read, and every time, the next one is even better? Wow. Good work.