Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 780531 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #1185 on: December 09, 2015, 09:10:41 AM »
I decided to try my hand at a modern day AU, and this is the first chapter of the result. Set in a world where the Rash wasn’t as virulent, Lalli and Emil meet in Stockholm and strike up an odd friendship.
(Fair warning – it's going to get a teensy tiny bit shippy in later chapters, but nothing major)

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5353481/chapters/12363377

I hope you all like it, chapter 2 should be here very soon!
*Read all too quickly with a cup of tea*
SectoBoss ? I know you may have exams, especially the swedish one, but I don't care : WRITE MORE ! PLEASE ! PLEAAAAAAASE ! <3 <3 <3
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

LordoftheThings

• Tumblr
  • what's a "forum"? can I eat it?
  • Preferred pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #1186 on: December 09, 2015, 04:24:57 PM »
I have fought, I have struggled, I have resisted, and refused
but I finally caved and read sectoboss's modern AU. And despite my die hard aversion to AUs I must say:

it was Magnificent

I loved it and eagerly await more
Native: :usa:
Know a Little: :france:
Need to work on learning: :iceland:
I have the rosetta stone why Don't I know this: :netherlands:

Over the Hills and Faraway
For ten long years he'll count the days
Over the mountains, and the seas
A prisoners life for him there'll be

Aki

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • rambler of headcanons spouter of ideas
  • Preferred pronouns: (she/her) please don't call me dude, that's all.
« Reply #1187 on: December 10, 2015, 03:56:52 PM »
First time posting here, I hope I won't screw this up... also, I hope posting a link to my tumblr post with my fanfic is okay. :/

I reworked a short drabble I did during an IRC SSSS writer sessions because there was fanart that gave me feels. It's super-short and about the Hotakainens before they lived in Keuruu.

http://aki-no-monogatari.tumblr.com/post/134937920630/lullaby

Implying lots of sad stuff, just be warned.
Languages:
fluent: :switzerland: :germany: :france: :uk:
knows: :vaticancity:, ancient :greece:
learned some: :japan:
can read to some extent: :italy: :spain: etc.
wants to learn: :finland:
You may use any of my "Imagine X" or headcanons for your writing or art as long as you link back to me or my original post if you feel like you stayed true to it.
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :book2: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1188 on: December 10, 2015, 04:12:50 PM »
Aki: excellent first post! Such a sad, expressive little vignette. Once your thesis is done, I hope you will write more.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Aki

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • rambler of headcanons spouter of ideas
  • Preferred pronouns: (she/her) please don't call me dude, that's all.
« Reply #1189 on: December 10, 2015, 04:29:18 PM »
Aki: excellent first post! Such a sad, expressive little vignette. Once your thesis is done, I hope you will write more.
I will! I have already several works in progress for SSSS so once I'm free, I'll start working more earnestly on them. Those will be lengthier :)
Languages:
fluent: :switzerland: :germany: :france: :uk:
knows: :vaticancity:, ancient :greece:
learned some: :japan:
can read to some extent: :italy: :spain: etc.
wants to learn: :finland:
You may use any of my "Imagine X" or headcanons for your writing or art as long as you link back to me or my original post if you feel like you stayed true to it.
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :book2: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #1190 on: December 11, 2015, 02:04:32 AM »
HELLO SECTOBOSS I JUST CAUGHT UP ON THE LATEST CHAPTER OF YOUR MODERN AU AND IT'S WONDERFUL
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Puls3

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1191 on: December 13, 2015, 04:54:25 PM »
I don't know why, but it's late and I decided to to write some odd fanfic without any experience of creative writing. I warn you, this was all written within an hour and has not been checked for grammatical errors, it's as raw and incoherent as it gets.

I'm so sorry if this is not tagged as a spoiler, still trying to figure this forum out.

Spoiler: show
It was starting to get colder as the days passed and the sun was setting before one had the time to appreciate it. Frost started to form on the Windows of the cat-tank, creating complex patterns of ice crystals in different shapes and sizes. Reynir spent most of his time staring at them and attempting to count each individual crystal, often getting lost at 437 for some odd reason before attempting to complete the impossible task once more.

It was late in the morning and Emil was standing outside freezing, only moving once in a while to make sure that his toes hasn't frozen solid.
They had found a small bookstore called "Fredriks bokhandel" which a part of a spartanens building, it seemed promising enough, not being completely ruined which seemed to satisfy Sigrun's strict requirements for a raidable building.

"Stand outside and wait while I get the gear ready", that was twenty minutes ago and still no sight of her or anyone else for that matter. He hasn't seen Lalli since breakfast.
Did he forget that they should raid the bookstore and went back to sleep? Was this all a trick to get Emil locked out of the tank because they don't like having him around?
Or was it because...

Emil drew a deep breath. His warm breath instantly turned into a frozen mist as he let out a deep sigh. He looked around to get his mind on something else and saw a shallow ice puddle a few metres to his left near an old sign which had a text on languages he could not understand. "Its strictly prohibited to be parked for more than 2h". He headed towards the puddle and proceeded to take a heavy step in order to hear the satisfying crack of the ice breaking below his feet.
He was about to take a second step before hearing a snivelling sound behind him. Emil slowly turned his head to see a pair of ice blue eyes staring at him from a uncomfortably short distance. Emil let out a high pitched scream taking a quick step backwards, almost slipping on the icy patch behind him.

-Helvete Lalli! Ever heard of personal space before?

Lalli only blinked in return, a clear sign that he did not understand a word Emil said.
He started to look at the shattered puddle that Emil was busy demolishing and promptly decided to step on the remaining pieces.

-HEY that's my puddle!

They spent a few minutes competing about who could destroy the last bits of ice until Sigrun abruptly kicked the tank door open with an exited smile on her face.

-ALRIGHT KIDS! We got a building to raid.
-where have you been?! Emil shouted.
-Sorry, took a quick nap, had to restore my batteries.

They went across the street where the bookstore was located with Sigrun in the lead, Lalli behind her and Emil in the far back with a bitter expression on his face. Saying that he was annoyed was an understatement.

The bookstore was cold and silent, perfect according to Sigrun. They split up and looked around as there was only one big room filled with bookshelves and endless amounts of books with different amounts of content all rendered unreadable after almost a generation of neglect. They did however find a few books that were in one piece thanks to the fact that they being wrapped in a plastic filter. One was not sure about the content of the books due to the common language barrier that they all shared when it came to Danish text.
One book had a cover depicting a grey picture of a balding man wearing round spectacles while looking at your face with a satisfied grin. The text said "Steve Jobs" whoever that was, but since it contained a surplus amount of pages it went into the rucksack with the others.

After a few minutes of looking around Sigrun ordered everyone to join her. She stood in front of a stair case with a small plastic gate in front that said "Kun for personale!".

-I think it's our lucky day. Sigrun said before ripping of the little gate as if it a small annoyance. 

The room upstairs was a lot bigger than they expected and to their great surprise, there where books inside windowed shelves, all wrapped in plastic at that!
Emil went ahead and tried to open up the container. Locked. Either that or it had gotten rusty over the years.

-Sigrun, it's locked.
-Really Emil?
-What?

Sigrun proceeded to to lift her hand, turned it to a fist and with a swift movement, smashed the glass in, making the books ready for the taking.

-see? Simple.
-but what if I cut myself?
-Stop being such a baby and get the books.

With a sour face, Emil proceeded to carefully take out the books to avoid cutting himself on the tiny pieces of glass.
This time, the covers where a lot easier to read but no one still knew what they were collecting. Shakespeare, H.C Andersen, "Hjalmar Söderbergs historietter", all were writers he never heard of, except from the last one as it gave him memories of long hours in class analysing books which only resulted in sleeping during the lessons.

When he was done Emil looked to his right and saw a corridor where Lalli was standing, staring on the door a few meters in front of him.
Emil went over and tapped him on the shoulder. Lalli turned around and Emil gestured to the door.

-Have you looked what's inside?

Lalli responded by giving a worried expression which Emil didn't really pick up on.
Emil headed towards the door, the wooden floor loudly creaking below each step he took. He put his hand on the handle and pulled it down. The room was pitch black and dead silent. He took a quick look back and saw Lalli slowly shaking his head with panic in his eyes.
*kreeak*
Emil threw himself around and turned his flashlight on, scanning the room. He noticed that the air in the room felt a lot warmer than the rest of the building, it was still cold but something was definitely off. The room was filled with old furniture and a large hole that was leading to another room of the building and that's were he saw it and it saw him with it's rotting faces who all let out an ear shattering scream.

Thank you for reading
*jumps out of a window and runs away*
Have a more extensive vocabulary in :england: than :sweden: (which is scary considering that I'm born and raised here)
Can only pronounce a few sentences of :spain:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Róisín

« Reply #1192 on: December 13, 2015, 05:26:58 PM »
Puls3: When do you plan to put up the next chapter? Practice makes a perfect writer, after all! I'm curious to see where you take this. I think that as you write more, and get deeper into the heads of the characters, your writing will flow more smoothly. You know the saying: the way to become a writer is to write! Is this your first fanfic?

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1193 on: December 13, 2015, 07:08:17 PM »
AAAAAAA PULS3 I NEARLY FELL OFF MY CHAIR AT THE END AND I'M STILL TWITCHY
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #1194 on: December 13, 2015, 08:26:28 PM »
I don't know why, but it's late and I decided to to write some odd fanfic without any experience of creative writing. I warn you, this was all written within an hour and has not been checked for grammatical errors, it's as raw and incoherent as it gets.

I'm so sorry if this is not tagged as a spoiler, still trying to figure this forum out.

Spoiler: show
It was starting to get colder as the days passed and the sun was setting before one had the time to appreciate it. Frost started to form on the Windows of the cat-tank, creating complex patterns of ice crystals in different shapes and sizes. Reynir spent most of his time staring at them and attempting to count each individual crystal, often getting lost at 437 for some odd reason before attempting to complete the impossible task once more.

It was late in the morning and Emil was standing outside freezing, only moving once in a while to make sure that his toes hasn't frozen solid.
They had found a small bookstore called "Fredriks bokhandel" which a part of a spartanens building, it seemed promising enough, not being completely ruined which seemed to satisfy Sigrun's strict requirements for a raidable building.

"Stand outside and wait while I get the gear ready", that was twenty minutes ago and still no sight of her or anyone else for that matter. He hasn't seen Lalli since breakfast.
Did he forget that they should raid the bookstore and went back to sleep? Was this all a trick to get Emil locked out of the tank because they don't like having him around?
Or was it because...

Emil drew a deep breath. His warm breath instantly turned into a frozen mist as he let out a deep sigh. He looked around to get his mind on something else and saw a shallow ice puddle a few metres to his left near an old sign which had a text on languages he could not understand. "Its strictly prohibited to be parked for more than 2h". He headed towards the puddle and proceeded to take a heavy step in order to hear the satisfying crack of the ice breaking below his feet.
He was about to take a second step before hearing a snivelling sound behind him. Emil slowly turned his head to see a pair of ice blue eyes staring at him from a uncomfortably short distance. Emil let out a high pitched scream taking a quick step backwards, almost slipping on the icy patch behind him.

-Helvete Lalli! Ever heard of personal space before?

Lalli only blinked in return, a clear sign that he did not understand a word Emil said.
He started to look at the shattered puddle that Emil was busy demolishing and promptly decided to step on the remaining pieces.

-HEY that's my puddle!

They spent a few minutes competing about who could destroy the last bits of ice until Sigrun abruptly kicked the tank door open with an exited smile on her face.

-ALRIGHT KIDS! We got a building to raid.
-where have you been?! Emil shouted.
-Sorry, took a quick nap, had to restore my batteries.

They went across the street where the bookstore was located with Sigrun in the lead, Lalli behind her and Emil in the far back with a bitter expression on his face. Saying that he was annoyed was an understatement.

The bookstore was cold and silent, perfect according to Sigrun. They split up and looked around as there was only one big room filled with bookshelves and endless amounts of books with different amounts of content all rendered unreadable after almost a generation of neglect. They did however find a few books that were in one piece thanks to the fact that they being wrapped in a plastic filter. One was not sure about the content of the books due to the common language barrier that they all shared when it came to Danish text.
One book had a cover depicting a grey picture of a balding man wearing round spectacles while looking at your face with a satisfied grin. The text said "Steve Jobs" whoever that was, but since it contained a surplus amount of pages it went into the rucksack with the others.

After a few minutes of looking around Sigrun ordered everyone to join her. She stood in front of a stair case with a small plastic gate in front that said "Kun for personale!".

-I think it's our lucky day. Sigrun said before ripping of the little gate as if it a small annoyance. 

The room upstairs was a lot bigger than they expected and to their great surprise, there where books inside windowed shelves, all wrapped in plastic at that!
Emil went ahead and tried to open up the container. Locked. Either that or it had gotten rusty over the years.

-Sigrun, it's locked.
-Really Emil?
-What?

Sigrun proceeded to to lift her hand, turned it to a fist and with a swift movement, smashed the glass in, making the books ready for the taking.

-see? Simple.
-but what if I cut myself?
-Stop being such a baby and get the books.

With a sour face, Emil proceeded to carefully take out the books to avoid cutting himself on the tiny pieces of glass.
This time, the covers where a lot easier to read but no one still knew what they were collecting. Shakespeare, H.C Andersen, "Hjalmar Söderbergs historietter", all were writers he never heard of, except from the last one as it gave him memories of long hours in class analysing books which only resulted in sleeping during the lessons.

When he was done Emil looked to his right and saw a corridor where Lalli was standing, staring on the door a few meters in front of him.
Emil went over and tapped him on the shoulder. Lalli turned around and Emil gestured to the door.

-Have you looked what's inside?

Lalli responded by giving a worried expression which Emil didn't really pick up on.
Emil headed towards the door, the wooden floor loudly creaking below each step he took. He put his hand on the handle and pulled it down. The room was pitch black and dead silent. He took a quick look back and saw Lalli slowly shaking his head with panic in his eyes.
*kreeak*
Emil threw himself around and turned his flashlight on, scanning the room. He noticed that the air in the room felt a lot warmer than the rest of the building, it was still cold but something was definitely off. The room was filled with old furniture and a large hole that was leading to another room of the building and that's were he saw it and it saw him with it's rotting faces who all let out an ear shattering scream.

Thank you for reading
*jumps out of a window and runs away*

No but
you can't just STOP THERE oAo

I mean that was great please write more?
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

Puls3

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1195 on: December 14, 2015, 10:34:11 AM »
Thank you all for the supporting comments you guys have given me (never expected a response in all honesty)

Róisín: This is my very first fanfiction, the closest thing I ever did of creative writing was probably an English essay assignment in the form of an diary entry.
I might write the next "chapter" next Tuesday/Wednesday, depends if I have any essays left to write during the break.

Thank you all once again and I do hope I can manage to write a better chapter for you to enjoy next time.  :)
Have a more extensive vocabulary in :england: than :sweden: (which is scary considering that I'm born and raised here)
Can only pronounce a few sentences of :spain:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

OwlsG0

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #1196 on: December 14, 2015, 06:50:44 PM »
I've found that the best kinds of music to listen to when reading SSSS fics are 'Of Monsters and Men' and 'Sigur Ros'. Not just because they're both Icelandic, and from the same region as where some of the comic is staged, but also because there is that touch of awe and melancholy that colours the entire mood of the comic. I recommend putting on the album 'My head is an animal' when reading. It almost sounds like the album, the 'monster march' as we call it in my family, was written for SSSS
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Aliax

« Reply #1197 on: December 15, 2015, 06:56:04 AM »
Emil and Lalli weren't happy that I dared make my intro post before I was done writing the multi-chapter fic about them I've been working on. So they made me write this instead this night:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5431757
Conflicted
Rating: General Audiences
Warnings: None
Relationships: Lalli Hotakainen & Emil Västerström
Characters: Emil-centric, lots of Lalli, quite a bit of Tuuri, meaningful appearances of everyone else except Purrito
Tags: Angst, Friendship, Gen or Pre-Slash as you want
Summary: Everyone reasonable knows that magic doesn't exist. So when Lalli insists that the reason he's so sick is based in magic, Emil's concern for his friend conflicts with his anger at Lalli's obvious lie.

Róisín

« Reply #1198 on: December 15, 2015, 07:12:26 AM »
Aliax: Just read this on AO3 - it's good! Keep on writing!

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1199 on: December 15, 2015, 07:20:55 AM »
Emil and Lalli weren't happy that I dared make my intro post before I was done writing the multi-chapter fic about them I've been working on. So they made me write this instead this night:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5431757
Conflicted
Rating: General Audiences
Warnings: None
Relationships: Lalli Hotakainen & Emil Västerström
Characters: Emil-centric, lots of Lalli, quite a bit of Tuuri, meaningful appearances of everyone else except Purrito
Tags: Angst, Friendship, Gen or Pre-Slash as you want
Summary: Everyone reasonable knows that magic doesn't exist. So when Lalli insists that the reason he's so sick is based in magic, Emil's concern for his friend conflicts with his anger at Lalli's obvious lie.
May I say "Awww... <3" ? And add I perfectly agree with Róisín ?
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2: