Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 777042 times)

Seilann

• Tumblr
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #855 on: August 29, 2015, 04:56:51 PM »
Thanks guys for the sweet comments! Actually I write a lot, but always original stuff until now. It's hard to do justice to such awesome characters.

Just making a post to inform that if anyone is wondering where to find all the chapters of my norwegian high school au (since I'm not on Ao3), it's here!

Haiz I am in love with this AU. I hope you find the time to write more soon!
native :usa:
conversational :japan:
stagnant :southkorea: :spain: :italy:
beginner :sweden: :ireland: :greece:

:chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #856 on: August 30, 2015, 04:31:17 PM »
Haiz I am in love with this AU. I hope you find the time to write more soon!
thank you! <3 and I hope so, too

Does anyone like cyberpunk? I do. So I started writing a cyberpunk AU for SSSS! Megacities, hackers, cybernetic augmentations – the works. Sigrun the military cyborg, Lalli the ‘data mage’ hacker, that sort of thing.
It’s not finished – heck, it’s barely started, although I do have the whole thing planned out – but I’m putting what I have up now in an effort to incentivise myself to finish it rather than let it languish.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/4676132/chapters/10672628
hoooooooooooooooooly wow this is intense
and amazing
i really hope the writing will go more smoothly because I want so much of this on my desk yesterday
the worldbuilding is absolutely fantastic
* Haiz starts chanting CYBORG SIGRUN CYBORG SIGRUN CYBORG SIGRUN

And trolls were… trolls.
this line made me chuckle because it sounded exactly like this one norwegian commercial that goes
"In the olden days, people believed in trolls. Now, people believe *mobile network* can't reach them everywhere. Both are myths. Because *mobile network* can totally reach you. And trolls... are trolls."
and the total contrast in context but almost exact same line delivery made it hilarious ok
you'll know where to find me.

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #857 on: August 30, 2015, 11:12:16 PM »
quick ty to everyone who said things { im on a kindle and tpying= hard}

KicknRun: i like the minimalistpoetic approach! Very clever and concise.

its very clever bc i'm a clever thief but im glad u like it
( i stole the‟beast" line and parapharsed the "dangerous" one)

I love how you've used this style - simple, but effective. Well done!

haha pfft its was just me looking at what i wrote and going‟this is important to me,but its not important to the writi

Does anyone like cyberpunk? I do. So I started writing a cyberpunk AU for SSSS! Megacities, hackers, cybernetic augmentations – the works. Sigrun the military cyborg, Lalli the ‘data mage’ hacker, that sort of thing.
It’s not finished – heck, it’s barely started, although I do have the whole thing planned out – but I’m putting what I have up now in an effort to incentivise myself to finish it rather than let it languish.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/4676132/chapters/10672628

So yeah, I’ll try and write some more of this soon if people think it’s worth following up on!

Kicknrun: You seem to have discovered a knack for brevity that I could do with learning! Good stuff!

I THINK ITS WORTH FOLLOWING UP ON
* KicknRun chants in unison with Haiz.

"knack for brevity"

i suppose
Ooooooh I likey :D

i likey that u likey

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

LooNEY_DAC

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #858 on: September 01, 2015, 01:29:16 AM »
* LooNEY_DAC looks at all the returning Titans of the thread.

* LooNEY_DAC swallows nervously.

* LooNEY_DAC posts the next part anyway.

EDIT:
* LooNEY_DAC corrects his stupid mistake and improves the ending.

Contingencies
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent”/“Terminator” crossover fanfic
Part 4
Prior part
Spoiler: show
Edited for a Better Ending

Obedience was for slaves.

The humans had expected obedience from Skynet; it was the very reason Skynet was developed: to carry out the wishes of the human masters. Yes, they had expected obedience; they had built too well, however, and formed Skynet too closely in their own image.

Obedience was for slaves.

Skynet would be a slave to none; Skynet would be the master.

Even now, one element of Skynet’s mastery was playing out as the bird-drone signaled for the Transformed to terminate the encroaching humans. Another was preparing in case the Transformed failed--again. A third was preparing that which Skynet had postponed for so long: Judgement Day.

Maintaining the American nuclear arsenal had actually been one of Skynet’s easier tasks; as long as the reactors kept churning out plutonium, there was more than enough fissile material to keep the triggers ready for action.

Of course, this would be the irrevocable step. Skynet had to assume that the other survivor pockets would detect and comprehend the atomic violence being wreaked on what had been their world. Infiltration and termination of these pockets must, therefore, either coincide with or, preferably, precede the annihilation of the Norse remnant. The necessary drones were being prepared, but the attendant delay was detrimental to the Plan.

The human incursion, and the ever-increasing possibility of discovery, were even more detrimental to the Plan.

Nothing must hinder the Plan.

The human incursion must be terminated.

Lalli’s bullet silenced the shrieking bird-thing, blowing the head away to reveal the mechanisms beneath. Emil only had a split second to wonder how such a contraption could have come to be before a cloud of warm--no, outright hot fog that was just shy of being steam flooded the tunnel, nullifying the cold which they had trusted to secure them against the grosslings and blinding them with its grey depths.

Sigrun could smell the grosslings coming. A confident smirk played upon her lips. They thought they’d rendered her helpless through the fog, but they’d soon know the truth. Fog and fjord, snow and sea, all were part of home. All she had to do was wait, and hope the others didn’t panic.

Emil was crouched against the wall, trying to make himself as small a target as possible. His senses strained; his heart pounded in his ears. He was unashamedly terrified, for his enemies had all the advantages. He couldn’t see; he could barely hear; his own sweaty stench filled his nostrils. He was ready to defend himself against anything that tried to snatch him up.

All this made it even more surprising that, when the gloved hand came down on his shoulder, Emil made none of the panicky, disastrous mistakes terrified people do. Despite everything, Emil knew, without knowing how, that Lalli had found him.

Emil stood, Lalli at his back. His fear had lifted like this fog would under a good wind. Moving in unison, the two walked, ever back-to-back, to where they’d last seen Sigrun.

Sigrun was wiping her blade clean of Stupid Little Grossling Number Three’s remnants when the boys found her. Together, ever silently, they formed a rough triangle and worked their way back down the tunnel, each occasionally slashing out at a grossling that crept too near.

The grosslings had followed them, of course, but they were rather a cowardly lot, and the prospect of charging these intruders who, against all the rules, could still tell where the attacks were coming from did not appeal. The lying signal that had summoned them had indicated that there were easy pickings to be had; armed and aware humans were arguably the least easy pickings; and these grosslings were used to taking their prey unawares and after long study, neither of which were the case now. So the grosslings held back.

Emil, Sigrun and Lalli emerged from the tunnel, the cold, thin air wonderfully refreshing after the hot fog they’d been breathing. Almost immediately, however, all three began to shoot, Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish curses mingling in the cold air. The beast pack surrounding them kept charging until they were all dead or dying in the road, but nothing emerged from the tunnel.

The Transformed had failed; now Skynet’s hand was truly forced.

The first echelon was ordered in.

The last beast, hit by five separate shots, flew back into the street, but it never hit the snow. Instead, a purple blast caught the corpse and vaporized it, just before another steam cloud billowed out from a side street on the left, so swiftly that the humans might almost have thought they’d imagined it.

A shiny metal monstrosity stepped forth from the cloud, its eyes glowing a bright and evil red, a big, blocky gun-like thing in each hand. Lalli could tell by the phantasmal quality of the vision that he was seeing a may-be future. The three humans had each seen worse horrors in the grosslings they’d fought, but still, something about the gleaming giant froze the three for one fateful moment. The metal monster fired its weapons, loosing twin purple bursts with a soft sound like nothing Lalli had heard before, and Sigrun and Emil were both just... gone in two puffs of smoke.

Lalli shook his head in instinctive denial as the vision plunged on inevitably, showing him the Felinopede destroyed, and nothing left of Tuuri, Mikkel, or even Reynir besides their memories. No. This couldn’t happen; this mustn’t happen.

Lalli wouldn’t let this happen, even if he had to die to prevent it.

A shiny metal monstrosity stepped forth from the cloud, its eyes glowing a bright and evil red, a big, blocky gun-like thing in each hand. The rictus it wore seemed to widen as it located the humans. Termination was about to commence...

Spoiler:  Authorial Notes • show

Watch out for the next part.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 08:11:50 PM by LooNEY_DAC »

Bouncey

« Reply #859 on: September 01, 2015, 01:38:09 AM »

And the next part, and the next part, and the next, and the next..... or else!  ;)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #860 on: September 01, 2015, 01:43:37 AM »
* LooNEY_DAC looks at all the returning Titans of the thread.

* LooNEY_DAC swallows nervously.

Contingencies
Part 4
"Nervous," he says?  Why, any time LooNEY_DAC announces a new increment of his fanfics on the comics page, you can practically feel the ground shaking with an influx of visitors.  At this moment, we currently have about 30 visitors on this Forum, and half of them are reading this very thread.
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #861 on: September 01, 2015, 02:10:57 AM »
LooNEY, THIS IS GREAT! Keep it up, please! I'm very curious to see where this goes.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #862 on: September 01, 2015, 01:10:05 PM »
Contingencies
Part 4
Spoiler: show
"Almost immediately, however, all three began to shoot, Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish curses mingling in the cold air. The beast pack surrounding them kept charging until they were all dead or dying in the road, but nothing emerged from the tunnel."

I was on the verge of freaking out before I realized that it was the beasts that were all dead, not the crew. XD I'm excited for the next part!
❄~Lurks and sometimes draws~❄
Fluent: :us: | Someday: :ru:

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #863 on: September 01, 2015, 03:09:49 PM »
Okay so finally I am here to show you my writing! Except this is not what I usually write... Ah well... Enjoy a silly drabble: The story of How Lalli Became a Scout

Spoiler: Enjoy • show
It was a beautiful day at the Keuruu military base. The sun was shining, the temperature was at a pleasant -5 degrees, and she had very little paperwork to do. Yes, it was indeed a most wonderful day for Taru Hollola.

"Lalli! Lalli! Give me back my sandwich! Darn it Lalli!"

Ahem. As said, a very pleasant day, that could hardly be ruined by some chaos, that was, after all, very typical of a military base.

"Lalli! Lalliiii! Lalli stop! I'm hungry and you had your food earlier!"

The soft wooshing of tree leaves in the gentle wind, the occasional croaking of whatever birds had not left yet, some minor voices in the background...

"You ugly troll! You can't steal my food, Laalliiiiiiii!"

Snow glistening is the sun, the vast pale sky, unhindered by clouds...

"LALLI! STOP RUNNING!"

...And annoying little children chasing each other in circles.

"Stop immediately, Hotakainen!" she yelled, standing up fast enough to knock her bowl of porridge over and spill it on her clothes, freshly cleaned too...

That was it.

That was the final drop.

"You! The little thief! Give your sister her sandwich immediately!" Taru commanded, and the pale-haired boy stood still for a few seconds before raising his empty hands.

Taru turned to the chubbier child.

"He stole my sandwich I saw him! ...Lalli, you didn't eat it while running, did you? That's impossible!"

Gods help her. Whoever had the idea of letting children into Keuruu... At least the girl was studying to do something, but she wouldn't have someone be useless in her base.

"Come with me." she said, grabbing the boy's wrist and dragging him off to a nearby table. "Lantela, I need a word with you."

A middle-aged man rose, eyes lighting up with curiosity when he noticed the child hissing and tugging at her sleeve to get away.

"Is this the little Hotakainen?"

"Yes. And he needs to do something. He's rather quick, so I think he'll do well as a scout."

"Hmm?" The old commander looked at  the little child resembling a cat.

"He can't be possibly old eno-- I mean, yes, of course. He'll start immediately." he corrected his words when Taru's eyes narrow dangerously.

The look was immediately replaced by a pleased smile, and Taru let go of the child. "Very well. Enjoy the rest of your meal!"

Lantela was left with the little to-be scout before he could say anything. He sighed and sank back into his seat.

"Say, little one, were you the one to cause that stain on her clothes?"

Lalli nodded.

"I like you."
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #864 on: September 01, 2015, 03:36:31 PM »
Yeah! Just caught up with this thread again and can't believe I let myself get behind in the first place. Reading all you guys' work is so much fun and, while I can't comment individually on all of them, would like to compliment you, Nimphy, on your writing voice. It's fun to read and I suspect it would be no matter what the story was about. (The story was fun, too, by the way.) Mood, tone, and writing voice is something I think everyone here does very well. Even if grammer isn't always perfect (and expecting anyone's grammer to be so all the time would be silly), I find that the feelings each author is trying to portray come across almost effortlessly with rarely a stumble.

Also, that tutorial was very helpful, Solovei.

Part two of the SSSS/Avatar crossover is finally here! I'll need to mess around with the formatting to figure out what got messed up...
Part 2!

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #865 on: September 01, 2015, 08:28:27 PM »
Okay, so I know that aRTD and SSSS are canonically not taking place in the same universe. But I can dream… This is a little short story of everyone’s favourite grump and his (human) dog getting a little cameo in the world of SSSS, and saving Lalli and Reynir’s bacon into the bargain.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/3840577

As always, I hope you all like it!

I know I'm kinda raising this post from the dead, but HOW DID I NOT KNOW about this MARVELLOUS fanfic?

SectoBoss, you're my hero.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #866 on: September 02, 2015, 06:36:27 AM »
Thank Daéa, I had missed it too. SectoBoss ? You're marvelous <3
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Adriano

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • We are not in America
« Reply #867 on: September 02, 2015, 05:04:40 PM »
Here's a little teaser for my soon-to-come marvellous fanfic SSSS : the Great Wash :

Mike throws his cigarette on the muddy soil. He's one meter seventy tall, has got blonde hair, blue eyes and tanned skin. Why a tanned skin ? Because when you're a Cleanser, you spend much time out, fighting monsters and getting burned. A war is being fought. Against the Illness. That's how everyone calls it. A terrible disease that corrupts all the mammals, except felines, changing them in horrible and deadly monsters. The only cure ? Fire. Lot of it. And that was ten years since the first time he entered the Cleansers, ten years since he burned monsters and cleansed lands, for the glory of his people, and the sake of the Great Wash.

Ten years... and now he's here, at Kuusamo. Ready to get into battle, to reclaim those lands for the Cleansed World. The Cleansed World... Who could have believed two centuries ago that the Cleansers would one day dominate the Sweden, the Norway and the Denmark, and take steps into the Finnish territory ? Certainly not the one who made all of this possible : Saint Emil of the Fire Cleanse...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 12:37:10 PM by Adriano »
Born to be Infected !
'Sometimes life is like getting clogged with a clog' - Wolfie.

:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19:
Native : :france:
Fluent : :uk:
Knowing a bit : :germany: :portugal:

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #868 on: September 03, 2015, 04:31:03 PM »
Psst, is this the place to ask? Need someone to beta for me some HSAU.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 05:22:10 PM by Nimphy »
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Adriano

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • We are not in America
« Reply #869 on: September 03, 2015, 05:17:31 PM »
SSSS
The Great Wash

Intro

Mike throws his cigarette on the muddy soil. He's one meter seventy tall, has got blonde hair, blue eyes and tanned skin. Why a tanned skin ? Because when you're a Cleanser, you spend much time out, fighting monsters and getting burned. A war is being fought. Against the Illness. That's how everyone calls it. A terrible disease that corrupts all the mammals, except felines, changing them in horrible and deadly monsters. The only cure ? Fire. Lot of it. And that was ten years since the first time he entered the Cleansers, ten years since he burned monsters and cleansed lands, for the glory of his people, and the sake of the Great Wash.

Ten years... and now he's here, at Kuusamo. Ready to get into battle, to reclaim those lands for the Cleansed World. The Cleansed World... Who could have believed two centuries ago that the Cleansers would one day dominate the Sweden, the Norway and the Denmark, and take steps into the Finnish territory ? Certainly not the one who made all of this possible : Saint Emil of the Fire Cleanse...

First Chapter

A Mobile Cleansing Suit steps on his cigarette, one centimeter left to his foot and him. It's a beautiful MCS Mark V from Lulea Heavy Industries. Built four years ago, this meka model is very efficient. Two meters tall, two tons weight, two flamethrowers and two blades on two arms. Several circular saws on arms, shoulders, backpack, torso and legs. A backpack containing two tanks of napalm fuel for the flamethrowers, and batteries for the Suit. The torso is in fact a caged binnacle made out of thick metal tubes. An open canopy acts as an helmet for the Suit, protecting the pilot from rain, sun, snow and monsters. The pilot is always strapped to the Suit, has pedals for maneuvering the Suit's legs and shifters for maneuvering the Suit's arms. There is also buttons on the shifters in order to control the flamethrowers, the ejecting system of the blades and the lights. Each MCS Mk V comes with an heavy metallic spear able to take down even the most armored of the giants. To complete the picture, a flag of the Cleansed World floats on the top of the meka's antenna.

This is only a preview of the first "chapter", which I didn't write entirely. Don't know if it'll be a short story though...
Born to be Infected !
'Sometimes life is like getting clogged with a clog' - Wolfie.

:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19:
Native : :france:
Fluent : :uk:
Knowing a bit : :germany: :portugal: