Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 780316 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #840 on: August 27, 2015, 07:06:09 PM »
Poor, poor, poor Emil, forced to talk... *Pat pat him*
AH HA HA.  I like:
Emil:  that was MORTIFYING and we agreed to NEVER TALK ABOUT IT AGAIN
Tuuri: pffff, no we didn’t, just you.

I know I've said this before, but this is tremendous fun to read! Ah, Emil, your pain is at once hilarious and annoyingly relatable...
Haiz, that's sweet! And very Emil. You catch adolescence so well.

eee thank you guys! I'm sorry for making emil suffer so much but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying it greatly..........
you'll know where to find me.

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #841 on: August 28, 2015, 01:48:07 PM »
Guys I return with fanfic.

Actually what happened was that I have bunch of stuff written up but no time/motivation to type them up soooo yeah!

But wanted to try copying the writing style of A Dark Room, aka that game I posted in the general discussion board that ate souls.

It was fun, but the writing style is so sparse I feel uncomfortable.

An Old World

the cleanser plunges down.

there was a beast. its dead now.

they go back.

the day ends. a new one begins.

the beast is gone.
the dog is free.

the snow muffles when they move.

dangerous to go this far.

the bridge was one, once. it's not that way anymore.

the scout says the truck will do.

they go forward.

This was longer but when I reread it I realized that some it it was unnecessary, so I cut them out.
Seriously, this writing style is so sparse you could tell the entire comic in it and it wouldn't break 5000 words max.

And I would type up the things I cut out but I do not feel like dealing with autocorrect no more(I'm on a phone.)

edit since i have computer and ahaha i don't feel like typing up the lines anymore whoops but i fixed some things yay

« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 03:00:53 PM by KicknRun »

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #842 on: August 28, 2015, 01:59:32 PM »

Actually what happened was that I have bunch of stuff written up but no time/motivation to type them up soooo yeah!

But wanted to try copying the writing style of A Dark Room, aka that game I posted in the general discussion board that ate souls.

Spoiler: show
An Old World

there was a beast. it's dead now.

they go back.

the beast is gone.
the dog is free.

they go forward.

This was longer but when I re read it I realized that some it it was unesssary, so I cut them out.
Seriously, this writing style is so sparse you could tell the entire comic in it and it wouldn't break 5000 words max.

And I would type up the things I cut out but I do not feel like dealing with autocorrect no more(I'm on a phone.)

I love how you've used this style - simple, but effective. Well done!
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #843 on: August 28, 2015, 05:12:01 PM »
Does anyone like cyberpunk? I do. So I started writing a cyberpunk AU for SSSS! Megacities, hackers, cybernetic augmentations – the works. Sigrun the military cyborg, Lalli the ‘data mage’ hacker, that sort of thing.
It’s not finished – heck, it’s barely started, although I do have the whole thing planned out – but I’m putting what I have up now in an effort to incentivise myself to finish it rather than let it languish.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/4676132/chapters/10672628

So yeah, I’ll try and write some more of this soon if people think it’s worth following up on!

Kicknrun: You seem to have discovered a knack for brevity that I could do with learning! Good stuff!
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #844 on: August 28, 2015, 05:17:15 PM »
Sigrun the military cyborg
*Hears her mind say "Ghost in the Shell" in the second. Can see how... Sigrun it could be in the next second*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #845 on: August 28, 2015, 06:13:07 PM »
KicknRun: i like the minimalistpoetic approach! Very clever and concise.

SectoBoss: cyberpunk would totally work with these guys!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Agrasshopper

« Reply #846 on: August 28, 2015, 07:22:42 PM »
Does anyone like cyberpunk? I do. So I started writing a cyberpunk AU for SSSS! Megacities, hackers, cybernetic augmentations – the works. Sigrun the military cyborg, Lalli the ‘data mage’ hacker, that sort of thing.
It’s not finished – heck, it’s barely started, although I do have the whole thing planned out – but I’m putting what I have up now in an effort to incentivise myself to finish it rather than let it languish.

So yeah, I’ll try and write some more of this soon if people think it’s worth following up on!

Kicknrun: You seem to have discovered a knack for brevity that I could do with learning! Good stuff!

I really love this so far, I think you're one of my favorite writers on here, and there are a lot of amazing writers.
:usa: Native
:spain: Learning

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #847 on: August 28, 2015, 08:17:19 PM »

An Old World

there was a beast. its dead now.

they go back.

the beast is gone.
the dog is free.

they go forward.

This was longer but when I reread it I realized that some it it was unnecessary, so I cut them out.

edit since i have computer and ahaha i don't feel like typing up the lines anymore whoops but i fixed some things yay

Ooooooh I likey :D
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Seilann

• Tumblr
« Reply #848 on: August 29, 2015, 12:15:49 AM »
So... Hi. You don't know me, but I've been lurking here for a few months now, hungrily devouring all your gorgeous works. There is a lot of talent around here! Which, for the first time in my life, has pushed me to try my hand at fanfic.  ;D

http://archiveofourown.org/works/4678838

It's a one-shot inspired by Minna's use of the word "soulmate" and the Discus comments contemplating what it means.

I hope it's worthy of a place among you!

*freezes, nods, runs away*
native :usa:
conversational :japan:
stagnant :southkorea: :spain: :italy:
beginner :sweden: :ireland: :greece:

:chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #849 on: August 29, 2015, 12:55:19 AM »
So... Hi. You don't know me, but I've been lurking here for a few months now, hungrily devouring all your gorgeous works. There is a lot of talent around here! Which, for the first time in my life, has pushed me to try my hand at fanfic.  ;D

It's a one-shot inspired by Minna's use of the word "soulmate" and the Discus comments contemplating what it means.

That was soooo awesome! I'm surprised it was your first fanfic, and I hope to see more from you. :D

Also, I recognized your name and avatar and was wondering where I recognized you from. Now I remember, it was disqus. :3
❄~Lurks and sometimes draws~❄
Fluent: :us: | Someday: :ru:

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #850 on: August 29, 2015, 01:01:55 AM »

Ohhh yeeeesssss I am all about SSSS cyberpunk! PLEASE GIVE US MORE HACKER!TUURI AFTER THAT PACIFIC RIM AU.
That was so great I am still thinking about it.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #851 on: August 29, 2015, 02:42:56 AM »
Ohhh yeeeesssss I am all about SSSS cyberpunk! PLEASE GIVE US MORE HACKER!TUURI AFTER THAT PACIFIC RIM AU.
That was so great I am still thinking about it.

I'm afraid that might not be quite what I had planned for her, considering how I've tried to translate the concepts of SSSS to a high-tech universe (at the moment, cyberspace=dreamworld)...
But then again, what I have written so far is probably going to get chopped and changed a lot in the next few days. Like I said, I posted that to get me writing the rest ("I've started so I'll finish", if you're familiar with the TV show Mastermind), so who knows what I'll end up turning this into by the time it's all done?
(I should, but I don't...)

Edit: and would you look at that, I've already started retconning it :) Now you watch, people will start saying the liked the old version better
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 03:03:28 AM by SectoBoss »
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #852 on: August 29, 2015, 03:18:03 AM »

This is great! :D For the more reaction-accurate version:

Spoiler: show

*squawks while reading* (the good kind of squawking)
*dies of laughter* EMIL YOU ALWAYS WIND UP IN THESE SITUATIONS HOW
*smiles contentedly* YES GOOD
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #853 on: August 29, 2015, 05:38:44 AM »

You should be really proud of this! It's so hard to believe it's your first fanfic - it's so well written. Feel free to write more for us any time...  ;)
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #854 on: August 29, 2015, 11:19:59 AM »
Just making a post to inform that if anyone is wondering where to find all the chapters of my norwegian high school au (since I'm not on Ao3), it's here! I have both norwegian and english versions of the first five chapters, and there's some art and stuff. I'm just saying since it's been literally months since I last updated and maybe some of the newer forumites have an interest in knowing of its existence~
you'll know where to find me.