Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 780462 times)

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #675 on: July 04, 2015, 03:28:55 PM »
Internet is all but dead. Took me an hour well over an hour just to get this one post up. But I needed something a little more cheerful.

Spoiler: show

“Here you go, Reynir.”
Accepting the bowl of soup, Reynir smiled and nodded at Tuuri. “Perkele.”
Lalli’s eyes darted up from his soup. Tuuri froze. “What?”
The smile fell off of Reynir’s face and he stammered, “Did… did I say it wrong? I… I thought… I meant to say ‘thank you’–”
Tuuri shook her head. “That doesn’t mean 'thank you’, Reynir, where did–Lalli!” She snatched at her cousin, but he was already gone.

Mikkel was carrying a basket of laundry when Lalli streaked out of the cockpit with a fuming Tuuri close behind. Lalli ducked behind Mikkel, using the big man as a shield as Tuuri scolded him furiously in Finnish. Tucking the basket under one arm, Mikkel collared the skinny scout and addressed Tuuri. “What’s going on?”
“What’s–He…” Tuuri spluttered, pink with indignation, “he taught Reynir a bad word and he thinks it’s funny and-” she lapsed back into angry Finnish, shaking her fist at Lalli, who was blatantly unrepentant.
Mikkel waited until she paused, panting for breath. “Tuuri,” he said calmly, “It’s okay. All we have to do is make him apologize to Reynir in Icelandic.”
“Fine,” Tuuri huffed, crossing her arms. She addressed herself to Lalli again, ending in Icelandic, “Reynir, I’m sorry.”
“No,” Mikkel corrected her. “That’s not what he’ll say. He’ll say, 'Reynir, I’m stupid.’”
Tuuri blinked, then smiled slowly. She began again.

Lalli had to repeat the phrase a few times, Tuuri correcting his pronunciation. Then when she was satisfied, Mikkel handed him over to her. Taking her cousin by the ear, Tuuri marched the culprit back to Reynir, and made him repeat what he had learned.

THIS IS A MASTERPIECE.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #676 on: July 04, 2015, 05:25:07 PM »
Internet is all but dead. Took me an hour well over an hour just to get this one post up. But I needed something a little more cheerful.

“Here you go, Reynir.”
The smile fell off of Reynir’s face and he stammered, “Did… did I say it wrong? I… I thought… I meant to say ‘thank you’–”
Tuuri shook her head. “That doesn’t mean 'thank you’, Reynir, where did–Lalli!” She snatched at her cousin, but he was already gone.

Mikkel was carrying a basket of laundry when Lalli streaked out of the cockpit with a fuming Tuuri close behind. Lalli ducked behind Mikkel, using the big man as a shield as Tuuri scolded him furiously in Finnish. Tucking the basket under one arm, Mikkel collared the skinny scout and addressed Tuuri. “What’s going on?”
“What’s–He…” Tuuri spluttered, pink with indignation, “he taught Reynir a bad word and he thinks it’s funny and-” she lapsed back into angry Finnish, shaking her fist at Lalli, who was blatantly unrepentant.
Mikkel waited until she paused, panting for breath. “Tuuri,” he said calmly, “It’s okay. All we have to do is make him apologize to Reynir in Icelandic.”
“Fine,” Tuuri huffed, crossing her arms. She addressed herself to Lalli again, ending in Icelandic, “Reynir, I’m sorry.”
“No,” Mikkel corrected her. “That’s not what he’ll say. He’ll say, 'Reynir, I’m stupid.’”

Lalli had to repeat the phrase a few times, Tuuri correcting his pronunciation. Then when she was satisfied, Mikkel handed him over to her. Taking her cousin by the ear, Tuuri marched the culprit back to Reynir, and made him repeat what he had learned.

XDDD that's amazing~~~
Meanwhile Mikkel wipes a single tear off his cheek and realizes he has found his protege.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #677 on: July 04, 2015, 08:20:09 PM »
XDDD that's amazing~~~
Meanwhile Mikkel wipes a single tear off his cheek and realizes he has found his protege.
THIS IS A MASTERPIECE.
THIS. :DD

The minutes I spent reading this were pretty much amongst the most best minutes of the whole day. :D
*snnnnnrnnrnrnrnrrkkk* muahahahahaha
Hehehehehee!
Guys, stop, don't encourage me.

I'm convinced that our provider is holding our internet hostage until we shell out more money for their "fiber" service. Negotiations have not yet broken down. As a result, unfortunately, our scanner has departed for the Land Where Appliances Are Eternally Blessed, so until it's revived I can't post my Momma Sigrun sketches or Reynir taking advantage of Daddy Perogative or Austin!Reynir and Mikkel celebrating the first and second amendments, respectively.
However, I can, with tears, time, and various vociferations, post another fic.

"Hey, Sigrun."
Sigrun looked up from her jacket, which she was turning all sorts of inside-out. "Hey, Emil. Mikkel's doing laundry again, so if there's anything you want washed--"
"I already took it out to him."
"Okay, cool. I'm just emptying out my pockets, 'cause you know, there's so much that I just sort of stuff in here, and..." she trailed off, and Emil looked over to see the captain gazing a small photograph in her hand. There was a softness about her expression that he'd never seen before, and a small smile played about her lips as she gently touched the surface of the paper.
Then a shout came from outside: "Last call for laundry!"
"I'm coming!" Grabbing the pile of clothes Sigrun all but fell out of the cattank--leaving the photograph behind her.
Emil seized the opportunity, grabbing the photograph. It was of a bearded man in Norwegian military uniform, looking out from the sepia tones with a gap-toothed grin. An answering grin slowly spread over Emil's face and he quickly tucked the picture into his pocket.
He knew exactly who to show the picture to.

"Hey, Tuuri, can I show you something?"
Tuuri looked up from her typewriter, visibly relieved at the interruption. "Sure!"
"Look at this." Emil handed her the photograph.
"Who is it?"
"Sigrun's sweetheart."
Tuuri's eyes widened and she covered her mouth with a gasp. "Oh. My gods. Really?"
"Yeah, she was smiling at it and everything."
Tuuri giggled. "I didn't know she had a sweetie! Aw, and she brought a picture of him? That's so cute!"
Emil laughed too. "I wouldn't have pegged her as the type to have a boyfriend, but I guess so."
"Do you think he's proposed yet? Maybe he's shy."
The door to the cockpit slid open and Sigrun came in with a preoccupied expression and began systematically dismantling the intricate organization system Mikkel had so painstakingly set up over the past couple of days.
Emil winked at Tuuri. "What are you looking for, Sigrun?"
"Hm? Nothing, just--" a stack of books collapsed, and Sigrun began sifting through the ruins, "have you seen a piece of paper? A photograph?"
Emil nudged Tuuri, who was trying to stifle her giggles. "Why? Is it important?"
"Kinda, yeah."
"I bet she wants to put it under her pillow," Emil stage-whispered to Tuuri, "for sweet dreams, if you know what I mean."
Tuuri snickered. "I bet he has a picture of her too!"
"What are you two going on about?" Sigrun asked.
"He's not at all that bad-looking, Sigrun," Emil told her, "Very rugged."
"Where did you meet?" asked Tuuri, "Have you been together long?"
"Has he proposed?"
"He'd be a good catch."
"Oh, she knows that. You should have seen her looking at him earlier."
"Ee! Did she kiss his face?"
"No, she just sort of ran her fingers over it longingly."
"Sig-run and her sweet-ie, sit-ting in a tree... K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Tuuri and Emil fell about laughing.
Sigrun looked over at the pair in confusion, holding the equivalent of a small library in her arms. "Is this like a Swedish thing or something? Because you kids are making no sense."
Laughing, Emil decided to take mercy on her. "I found the photograph, Sigrun," he said, holding it up. "I didn't even know you had a sweetie."
"I think it's the cutest thing that you brought a picture of him with you," Tuuri added, "it's so romantic."
Sigrun looked at the picture for a minute, still confused.
Then she threw the armful of books onto the floor with a clatter, her face flushing redder than her hair.
"That's my DAD!"
Tuuri and Emil froze.

Finally, Emil whispered, "Please forget everything we said."
"Not. A. Chance," Sigrun snarled, snatching the photograph from his hand.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 08:22:08 PM by RandomTexanReader »
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #678 on: July 04, 2015, 08:25:02 PM »

I'm convinced that our provider is holding our internet hostage until we shell out more money for their "fiber" service. Negotiations have not yet broken down. As a result, unfortunately, our scanner has departed for the Land Where Appliances Are Eternally Blessed, so until it's revived I can't post my Momma Sigrun sketches or Reynir taking advantage of Daddy Perogative or Austin!Reynir and Mikkel celebrating the first and second amendments, respectively.
However, I can, with tears, time, and various vociferations, post another fic.

"Hey, Sigrun."
Sigrun looked up from her jacket, which she was turning all sorts of inside-out. "Hey, Emil. Mikkel's doing laundry again, so if there's anything you want washed--"
"I already took it out to him."
"Okay, cool. I'm just emptying out my pockets, 'cause you know, there's so much that I just sort of stuff in here, and..." she trailed off, and Emil looked over to see the captain gazing a small photograph in her hand. There was a softness about her expression that he'd never seen before, and a small smile played about her lips as she gently touched the surface of the paper.
Then a shout came from outside: "Last call for laundry!"
"I'm coming!" Grabbing the pile of clothes Sigrun all but fell out of the cattank--leaving the photograph behind her.
Emil seized the opportunity, grabbing the photograph. It was of a bearded man in Norwegian military uniform, looking out from the sepia tones with a gap-toothed grin. An answering grin slowly spread over Emil's face and he quickly tucked the picture into his pocket.
He knew exactly who to show the picture to.

"Hey, Tuuri, can I show you something?"
Tuuri looked up from her typewriter, visibly relieved at the interruption. "Sure!"
"Look at this." Emil handed her the photograph.
"Who is it?"
"Sigrun's sweetheart."
Tuuri's eyes widened and she covered her mouth with a gasp. "Oh. My gods. Really?"
"Yeah, she was smiling at it and everything."
Tuuri giggled. "I didn't know she had a sweetie! Aw, and she brought a picture of him? That's so cute!"
Emil laughed too. "I wouldn't have pegged her as the type to have a boyfriend, but I guess so."
"Do you think he's proposed yet? Maybe he's shy."
The door to the cockpit slid open and Sigrun came in with a preoccupied expression and began systematically dismantling the intricate organization system Mikkel had so painstakingly set up over the past couple of days.
Emil winked at Tuuri. "What are you looking for, Sigrun?"
"Hm? Nothing, just--" a stack of books collapsed, and Sigrun began sifting through the ruins, "have you seen a piece of paper? A photograph?"
Emil nudged Tuuri, who was trying to stifle her giggles. "Why? Is it important?"
"Kinda, yeah."
"I bet she wants to put it under her pillow," Emil stage-whispered to Tuuri, "for sweet dreams, if you know what I mean."
Tuuri snickered. "I bet he has a picture of her too!"
"What are you two going on about?" Sigrun asked.
"He's not at all that bad-looking, Sigrun," Emil told her, "Very rugged."
"Where did you meet?" asked Tuuri, "Have you been together long?"
"Has he proposed?"
"He'd be a good catch."
"Oh, she knows that. You should have seen her looking at him earlier."
"Ee! Did she kiss his face?"
"No, she just sort of ran her fingers over it longingly."
"Sig-run and her sweet-ie, sit-ting in a tree... K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Tuuri and Emil fell about laughing.
Sigrun looked over at the pair in confusion, holding the equivalent of a small library in her arms. "Is this like a Swedish thing or something? Because you kids are making no sense."
Laughing, Emil decided to take mercy on her. "I found the photograph, Sigrun," he said, holding it up. "I didn't even know you had a sweetie."
"I think it's the cutest thing that you brought a picture of him with you," Tuuri added, "it's so romantic."
Sigrun looked at the picture for a minute, still confused.
Then she threw the armful of books onto the floor with a clatter, her face flushing redder than her hair.
"That's my DAD!"
Tuuri and Emil froze.

Finally, Emil whispered, "Please forget everything we said."
"Not. A. Chance," Sigrun snarled, snatching the photograph from his hand.
^^ I was sure it will end like that.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #679 on: July 04, 2015, 08:26:43 PM »

I'm convinced that our provider is holding our internet hostage until we shell out more money for their "fiber" service. Negotiations have not yet broken down. As a result, unfortunately, our scanner has departed for the Land Where Appliances Are Eternally Blessed, so until it's revived I can't post my Momma Sigrun sketches or Reynir taking advantage of Daddy Prerogative or Austin!Reynir and Mikkel celebrating the first and second amendments, respectively.
MUST.  SEE.

...Wait.  Nobody celebrating the 21st Amendment?  On the Fourth of July?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 08:32:48 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #680 on: July 04, 2015, 08:33:50 PM »
MUST.  SEE.

...Wait.  Nobody celebrating the 21st Amendment?  On the Fourth of July?
I AM A TERRIBLE AMERICAN I MUST TURN IN MY BALD EAGLE AND GUNS AND T-REX IMMEDIATELY I FORGOT ABOUT THE 21ST AMENDMENT.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Ren

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #681 on: July 05, 2015, 12:27:52 PM »

“Here you go, Reynir.”

I had to put a pillow over my head to muffle my laughter and even then I think I woke up my neighbors
Learning Spanish and Norwegian

Chapter Break Survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #682 on: July 05, 2015, 11:35:02 PM »
XD RTR I am dying and my family is asking if I need help because I am making strange sounds.
Never stop.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #683 on: July 06, 2015, 12:21:29 AM »

“Here you go, Reynir.”

RTR YES.
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #684 on: July 06, 2015, 06:40:04 AM »

“Here you go, Reynir.”

Oh my gosh XD Mikkel definitely has the right idea about this  ;D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #685 on: July 06, 2015, 10:15:02 PM »
I cannot believe I wrote fanfiction! What is this forum doing to me? Crossover with Mary Norton's The Borrowers (and ooc Sigrun?)

The acrid smell of charred wood invaded her nostrils and she stiffened, glancing about in a quick arch. But nothing disturbed the midafternoon torpor; the sun shone brightly from between cotton puff clouds on the tall grasses saying in the breeze, the branches of trees creaking with age. Peering out from between two stems, Sigrun narrowed her eyes at the gargantuan slab of wood on the opposite side. It was nearly thirteen times her size and would be impossible for her to move. Fortunately one of the hinges had fallen out, and the object hung askance, revealing a sliver of darkness that led into the room beyond. A cloud moved over her, casting her into a cool shade. She braced her legs and sprinted after the shadow, using its partial darkness to cover her progress. A low wooden bar blocked her way and with a practiced leap she hauled herself on top, directly in front of the gap. Stooping through it, the woman shimmied away from the sunlight falling at her back and assessed her options. Although she knew herself to be in a front room, from her point of view it might as well have been half a city. The planked floor receded into the distance down a narrow corridor, beside which rose a set of stairs. A closed door sealed a room on the far right. Although the latter enticed her greatly with mirages of unknown treasure, she knew better than give in to her whims (at least this time), and opted for the hallway. A long look to her left revealed only empty chairs and cases full of books so large they could kill her should they fall, so she lowered herself to ground level and scanned the gloom for predators. Still seconds ticked by and with a toothy grin she took off across the space, her boots barely skimming their surface with her speed. Clouds of dust whirled around her and she took shallow breaths to avoid choking; time had claimed this house, but she’d still a ways to go before she’d answer its call.
        Another bump rose before her where the hallway joined the front room and she jumped it in two quick steps. A door to her left was open and Sigrun slipped inside, her heart thudding in anticipation. The chamber was small, with counters lining three sides. An oven was let into the right-hand wall, with a double sink in the middle beneath a broken window. Sigrun recognized the place as a kitchen a moment before a sweet smell enveloped her. “What could have survived here without spoiling?” She thought to herself while she crouched and made her way cautiously along the edge of the left counters. A kitchen island barred her view of the back corner of the cooking area, and she noiselessly unsheathed her hunting knife. With a deep breath the woman peered around the corner and barely stopped herself from cheering in excitement.
        As nature reclaimed her own territory with the onset of the Rash so many centuries before, the untenanted dwellings of humans decayed in defeat. A long root had displaced a floor tile in its fervent growth, and through the soil underneath a small bunch of cloudberries had grown. They glowed pale golden and ripe in the spot of sunlight that wavered over their surface. Their tiny leaves shivered in an air current too trivial for Sigrun to feel. She licked her lips in anticipation and crossed the short distance with no enemy in sight. Using her knife she sawed away at a stem, dislodging a clump of fruit which she carefully placed into her backpack. This was an unforeseen treat that could mark the beginning of truly glorious gathering. With her pack already bulging she cut a berry for herself and bit into it heartily, savoring the taste and freshness with a hushed moan of pleasure. Juice ran down the corner of her mouth and she had raised her hand to wipe it away when a new sound reached her ears. One that sent the food item tumbling onto the dusty floor, forgotten.
        It was a low growl, and it came from the doorway.
I'll probably continue it at somepoint...when next the need to procrastinate calls...>_>
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #686 on: July 07, 2015, 01:05:52 AM »
OK, loooooooooooooong part here, but I decided I couldn't break it up.

Correspondence
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent” fanfic
Part V
Year 110, Summer

Lalli,

Well, I can say definitively that the second time around is decidedly easier, at least so far. With Aku, all of his problems and odd exploits (we’re still not sure how he escaped the Radiator Incident unscathed) came as a surprise, but after dealing with unexpected happenings for three years now, we’re a bit better at it. Of course, the idiot teens are still idiots, so we must still be ready for a panicked call for help at most any time that we’re away.

I am getting soft in my old age (ha, ha, ha): we have named the new arrival Stig Esko Reynir; and yes, his hair is both thick and red already. We suspect a recessive gene set has surfaced, as Marta has produced a pre-Rash photo of the Esko we named him after, one of her kin who resembles our little one quite startlingly. Also, Ulf Västerström had red hair before it went white, so there’s that. My more asinine and crude work associates have ribbed me about paternity tests until I offered to collect some blood samples from them, but without the benefit of a needle. That “joke” has ceased making the rounds.

Aku looks at Esko rather suspiciously sometimes, as though he can’t quite figure out where this ruddy, noisy little interloper came from or why his perfect kingdom has been thrown into such disorder.. Eventually, though, I’m sure they’ll become partners in crime, and I dread that day.

Tell Onni I have taken his warnings under advisement, though, frankly, Marta is dubious. I reminded her that Onni had the raising of you and Tuuri for rather more than half your lives, so his experience must be worth something.

Tell Tuuri I know of a publisher here who might be interested in publishing her stories, if she is.

Tell yourself (ha ha ha) to keep writing, and to keep safe. Tuuri mentioned your recent exploit in her last letter, and while you’ll probably say that it had to be done, you should still be more careful while doing it. I’ve seen you do it, so I know you can.

Your Cleanser friend,
Emil Västerström

Year 113, Summer

Lalli,

With all the other signs of summer in Mora came the latest, and largest yet, addition to our family: Ulf Eino Mikkel, the last demanded by his size: 10 pounds, 11 ounces!

Little Mikkel is fine, but Marta frightened me badly. This was far and away her most difficult pregnancy, and she hasn’t nearly recovered so well as even after Aku’s birth. I think the doctors have warned her that Little Mikkel should be the last, and I intend to take certain steps to ensure that.

Aku and Esko have been in great anticipation over Little Mikkel’s arrival, much to our concern. Those two get in enough trouble already, and not nearly all at Aku’s prompting. I swear, they will turn my hair white if they get Little Mikkel into their troublesome mode.

Stay safe on your moonlit treks, my friend, and write again soon.

Your Cleanser friend,
Emil Västerström

Year 117, Spring

Lalli,

Spring has returned to Sollerön with beauty and new life, as it always does. I cannot quite comprehend how it can be that Marta is no longer here to share it with me. A thousand times a day, it seems, I’ll turn to share something with her, but she has gone.

The ceremony was moving, with many friends of Marta’s remembering her past kindnesses. I was supposed to speak, but I couldn’t, not even one word past, “Thank you all”. I make speeches for a living. I once gave five separate speeches in twelve hours, and I couldn’t say a word at my own wife’s funceremony.

I worry most about our boys. They are so young to be motherless (though I know such a loss is never easy). She so wanted a girl, but she was wonderful with the boys, and it’s hard to watch them trying to pretend everything’s all right--for my sake, if you can believe it. It’s comical, touching and heartbreaking all at once.

Your letters and Tuuri’s have been of much comfort; I do not know what I would do without your wise but spare words, and Tuuri’s tales are as big a hit with the boys as they were with the Cleansers.

Your Cleanser friend,
Emil Västerström

Year 118, Spring

Lalli,

By the time you get this, I will have reached the Kristinehamn front and rejoined my unit, though rather more highly placed than I’m quite comfortable with. Things are so bad--they’re already calling this “the Year of the Trolls”--that I’ve been put in charge of that part of the fight!

I’m scared, Lalli.

This is not fear of death, but of getting people killed in my stead. I’ve been behind a desk, a podium or a camera for the last twelve years, and now I’m in command of an entire sector?

Whatever my doubts, I am still a Cleanser, though. I must obey those in authority over me to the best of my ability, and pray that that best will be good enough.

You have been a great friend to me through all these years, Lalli. Just in case, I wanted you to know that.

Your Cleanser friend,
Emil Västerström

Author's Notes

These have only been selected letters--more were written, but they don't add much to the story.
Up next--The Year of the Trolls

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • eaten by the trolls that took over the tropics.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #687 on: July 07, 2015, 07:11:55 AM »
Correspondence
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent” fanfic
Part V

SO MUCH SADNESS BUTALSOHAPPINESS? FEELINGSSSS
I'm such a train wreck, haha. Thank you for writing this you amazing person.
:artd: | :chap0::chap1::chap2::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10:
Fluent: :uk: :china: :malaysia:
Learning: :japan: :france:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #688 on: July 07, 2015, 12:21:54 PM »
Hey all! I bring you today a short/cute/funny fanfic I wrote for starfallz! Wherein Lalli plays his own games and thinks about some stuff.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/4290867
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden: