Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 787189 times)

Russet

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • eaten by the trolls that took over the tropics.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #630 on: June 29, 2015, 10:01:19 AM »
Ooh, now I'm really psyched to write, haha.
I just finished the first chapter of Into the Storm, it's shaping up to be reaaally good, I'm gushing with excitement. ;D

Also I can't stop thinking about a SSSS/A:TLA crossover (not sure if you guys know about A:TLA? It was a pretty popular cartoon a few years back), though more in a I-want-to-draw-that way rather than a writing thing. Just.. Sigrun the avatar? And Lalli would be a waterbender or something, with Tuuri as his nonbender cousin from the water tribe, and Mikkel as this stone-faced, grumpy earthbender, and Emil the firebender, and Reynir one of the air nomads? I'm unreasonably excited about this, idk.
:artd: | :chap0::chap1::chap2::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10:
Fluent: :uk: :china: :malaysia:
Learning: :japan: :france:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #631 on: June 29, 2015, 10:05:43 AM »
The Pacific Rim crossover is finished! Two chapters this time, as the last one’s barely a page long:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/3803176/chapters/9575058

This started out as a fun little idea from Haiz on the crossover thread and somehow snowballed over several months into the nigh-on-20,000 word monster before you. How, I have no idea. But I would just like to say thanks to Haiz for hir endless support as I bumbled through it, and also to everyone who said Nice Things about it on AO3 and in the scriptorium here.

I hope you like it!
I don't really know what I can say other than hOLY WOW thank you so much for writing this? I mean, aside from coming up with a quick crossover concept (everyone can come up with a pacific rim crossover. seriously. it's one of the most crossoverifable works out there) and making LOUD SQUEEING NOISES at every other sentence, I didn't do anything. I could've never come up with all this. I could never have written machinery, or fight scenes, or anything like this. I will do my best to return the favour with some fanart in the immediate future.

also, I never thought I'd be happy to have someone set fire to Trondheim. That is some top-notch prequel material right there, hmmMMMM??

SectoBoss and Haiz: that was so pulse-poundingly Boys Own Paper Adventure Story! Great stuff! Do it again!
huhuhu I shall do my best to gently prod SectoBoss into producing more glorious jeager adventures

Also I can't stop thinking about a SSSS/A:TLA crossover (not sure if you guys know about A:TLA? It was a pretty popular cartoon a few years back), though more in a I-want-to-draw-that way rather than a writing thing. Just.. Sigrun the avatar? And Lalli would be a waterbender or something, with Tuuri as his nonbender cousin from the water tribe, and Mikkel as this stone-faced, grumpy earthbender, and Emil the firebender, and Reynir one of the air nomads? I'm unreasonably excited about this, idk.
ooooh YES YES YES
there are some drawings in the crossover thread, aand I doodled a thing for doodleordie a while ago, too!
Spoiler: show

There have been a lot of various ideas for who'd be what, I think the thing most people agree on is that Lalli is a waterbender and Emil is a firebender. On one hand I'd love Sigrun as an overenthusiastic non-bender but fire nation general, but AVATAR SIGRUN?? now tha'ts a suggestion we haven't had before, and if you can make a story about that I'm so reading it.

I also see that there has been a lot of, um, darker fics around here lately? I'm not gonna read angstfics, sorry, that's a haiz thing haiz can't read angstfics
Which means I'm starting to feel like it's my duty to come up with more High School AU shenanigans to balance it out a little, and... I have several plans in the works - there will be more Sigrun and Mikkel, IKEA will be involved, teenagers being awkward... I have the PLANS, but I gotta WRITE them, and I have a lot of projects going on lately, in addition to work, so.... it goes slow, I'm sorry. I never thought I'd have an actual readership, you see. But I promise there will be more, and hopefully not super late~
you'll know where to find me.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #632 on: June 29, 2015, 10:38:05 AM »
Haiz: your AU is fun! Please do more, I like it, and so do the young folk around here.

I can understand why an air-and-angels person such as you appear to be wouldn't like angsty stories, so once I am done with 'A Few of Mikkel's Secrets' I shall have a shot at writing something lighter, and see if you like it.

By the way, remember that avatar picture you drew for me? I have been quite astonished at the number of people who have contacted me in my ordinary persona going 'Is that you? I didn't even know you read comics? Huh?'. Including a couple of my overseas cousins (I didn't know they read comics either). So it's a good likeness!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #633 on: June 29, 2015, 12:16:02 PM »
Trying, trying again.

Correspondence
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent” fanfic
Part I

Year 105, Spring

Lalli,

It’s hard for me to believe it, but ten years have passed since we last saw each other at the Björköfjärden Station. I am fine, and I hope you are also doing well.

The monsters have been very quiet this year, and my unit has successfully cleansed more land in this cycle than in any other, and, I’m happy to say, with the lowest losses in many cycles. The Press played it up when they found out, and the PR man here made some of us go to all sorts of dinners and such, but I find I’ve had a surfeit of such things since our return.

Our cleansing has brought us to the outskirts of Värmland County, and there are rumors flying everywhere that High Command is planning something huge, should the monsters remain as quiet as they have so far. One wild tale I heard bruited was that we would soon be cleansing Karlstad, of all places!

I should explain, as you are probably unconcerned with places so far away when you have so much to deal with at home. Karlstad was one of the Great Old Cities, sitting where our longest river meets our greatest lake. The Dalahästen runs nearby, but not close enough to justify retaking the city. If anything, the city of Kristinehamn would be a better choice, as it all but abuts the line. But such matters are not for me to say.

If you would be so kind as to send me a few lines in return on how things go with you and yours, I would be most appreciative. My Uncle Torbjörn and Aunt Siv send their regards.

Your friend,
Emil “the Messy Swede” Västerström
Year 105, Summer

Lalli,

Pass along my thanks to Tuuri for the long letter on all the comings and goings at Keuruu. We have been preparing so intensely for this next cycle that sometimes it seems to fill our whole world, and so it is good to hear of the “mundane” things still going on outside. During a recent mess-time, I read the part about Onni and the Cursed Machine to my table-mates; upon looking up, I found the whole company was gathered ‘round to hear. I have since read other parts to them; it’s become a silly little tradition among us.

It would seem some of the rumors have been borne out: we are, indeed, to try to retake Kristinehamn in this cycle, as a preliminary to our long-term goal of Karlstad. The man from the High Command had an odd, feverish glint in his eyes when he told our assembly this, and that perhaps was why my stomach lurched. I cannot help but think that High Command may be planning to overreach itself--but, in the end, they know best what the Cleansers as a whole can do.

Your compliments on my improved Finnish writing are, naturally, undeserved: there’s a nice young woman in my unit who translates both Finnish and Icelandic for me, a Fenno-Swede who joined the Cleansers a year or two back. In many ways, she reminds me of you and Tuuri. (The last sentence made her blush.)

Please do not take my praise of Tuuri’s loquacious letter as a criticism of your own; I’m happy to read even the briefest of lines from you.

Your Cleanser friend,
Emil Västerström

And no, you'll never see Lalli's or Tuuri's letters.

Ooh, I like!
(I'm imagining this as Emil writing letters to Lalli and Tuuri and only Tuuri responding. Or else he gets a letter that just says "fine" whenever he asks Lalli how he's doing. :P )
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #634 on: June 29, 2015, 01:05:00 PM »
I also see that there has been a lot of, um, darker fics around here lately? I'm not gonna read angstfics, sorry, that's a haiz thing haiz can't read angstfics
Which means I'm starting to feel like it's my duty to come up with more High School AU shenanigans to balance it out a little, and... I have several plans in the works - there will be more Sigrun and Mikkel, IKEA will be involved, teenagers being awkward... I have the PLANS, but I gotta WRITE them, and I have a lot of projects going on lately, in addition to work, so.... it goes slow, I'm sorry. I never thought I'd have an actual readership, you see. But I promise there will be more, and hopefully not super late~
Oh yes please, something more... more... something different. Even later. But something different. Thank. (Which traumatism ? This fic doesn't exist, neither the other before. Haha.)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #635 on: June 29, 2015, 05:02:12 PM »

The shenanigans they'd get into XD Oh man

*squeals a lot* NON-ANGSTY, FLUFFY FICS YES (also your AU is absolutely adorable, I've read through several times now)
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #636 on: June 29, 2015, 05:09:25 PM »
*squeals a lot* NON-ANGSTY, FLUFFY FICS YES (also your AU is absolutely adorable, I've read through several times now)
If you guys want that, you should go look at my AO3
That's basically all I write >_>
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #637 on: June 29, 2015, 05:23:18 PM »
SECTOBOSS WHY

I'm gonna go read some fluffy fics now T_T
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #638 on: June 29, 2015, 05:24:57 PM »
SECTOBOSS WHY

I'm gonna go read some fluffy fics now T_T

Huh? What? What did I do now??
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #639 on: June 29, 2015, 05:26:37 PM »
EMIIIIIIL

I AM 500% NOT OKAY

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #640 on: June 29, 2015, 05:36:33 PM »
EMIIIIIIL

I AM 500% NOT OKAY

Emil what? What have I done? I am genuinely not sure what you're referring to here!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 05:48:02 PM by SectoBoss »
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
I write a bit on AO3

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #641 on: June 29, 2015, 05:49:08 PM »
maybe someone didn't notice the last chapter of the pacific rim fic
you'll know where to find me.

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #642 on: June 29, 2015, 05:51:59 PM »
Ooh, me! me! I noticed it! It was really good. Even though I've not seen Pacific Rim, heh.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #643 on: June 29, 2015, 05:56:26 PM »

Oh for... SPOILERS HE'S FINE GUYS /SPOILERS

I'm not into that kind of fanfic (only the threat of it?)

Ooh, me! me! I noticed it! It was really good. Even though I've not seen Pacific Rim, heh.

Yay! Thanks! (and thanks to Russet and Róisín while I'm at it!) You should totally watch it!
I write a bit on AO3

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #644 on: June 29, 2015, 06:12:45 PM »
*facepalms* I can't believe I didn't see the "Next Chapter" button and I can't believe I'm not fully awake still I've been up for three hours

*crawls under blankets in embarrassment*