Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 780375 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #555 on: June 19, 2015, 08:52:58 PM »
Nothing bad happens. Promise.
Would I lie to you?

http://archiveofourown.org/works/4167570
you filthy liar

reactions in order of reading:

- yes. yeessssss.
- *slams hands on desk repeatedly* THIS IS THE CONTENT I LIKE TO SEE
- o_o
- O____________________O
- ;_____________________________;

...........what a good fic though. what a good
you'll know where to find me.

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #556 on: June 19, 2015, 08:53:37 PM »
Fanfiction 15. Someone stop this madness...

I wrote a cheerful little story about Emil and Lalli getting their hands on a frisbee!
Would I lie to you?

Hope you like it!
I’m so sorry I lied.

That was very well written, the shift from cheerful Frisbee playing to the "twist" especially. Interesting descriptions and good dialogue. I also thought the little add-on at the end with the engraved tag made it just that much more heart-rending. T.T Also best lie ever told, lol?
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #557 on: June 19, 2015, 09:03:27 PM »
*sniffle* *sniffle*
dammit, I was already having beast-dog feels. ;_;
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #558 on: June 19, 2015, 09:06:56 PM »
you filthy liar

reactions in order of reading:

- yes. yeessssss.
- *slams hands on desk repeatedly* THIS IS THE CONTENT I LIKE TO SEE
- o_o
- O____________________O
- ;_____________________________;

...........what a good fic though. what a good

AGREED
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #559 on: June 20, 2015, 02:59:56 AM »
SectoBoss: that was darkly fun. I didn't get the 'Amazon' joke until the second read through. Right up there with Reynir expecting palm trees in Bornholm!
And I truly love the friendship dynamic you are developing between Lalli and Emil. Nice to see Lalli play - this journey may be good for him in unexpected ways. Even if the moment of levity is followed by one of horror: I see their world as being very much like that. There probably hasn't been a lot of play in his life the last eleven years.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #560 on: June 20, 2015, 03:53:25 AM »

Hope you like it!
I’m so sorry I lied.

You lied indeed and I don't even believe you're actually sorry! That poor dog - that was beautifully written and as always I love the dark twists of your stories, they make the silent world feel so real it's scary. This ranks now really high on my list of favourite SSSS fanfics ever.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #561 on: June 20, 2015, 03:38:53 PM »

I wrote a cheerful little story about Emil and Lalli getting their hands on a frisbee!
Would I lie to you?

Hope you like it!
I’m so sorry I lied.

This is the first time I remember getting teary-eyed with a fanfiction. I HOPE YOU'RE GLAD.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #562 on: June 20, 2015, 03:45:26 PM »

Would I lie to you?

Hope you like it!
I’m so sorry I lied.
You definitively should write more.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #563 on: June 20, 2015, 06:31:29 PM »
Why are my things always right before or right after masterpieces?

But here it is anyway.

Run Fast, Run Far
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent” fanfic
Part VI
Spoiler: show
Apocalypse Then

Lalli looked deep into the Well of Watching, peering through the rippling, murky depths for a glimpse of their quarry. Suddenly, the veil lifted, and he saw...

The girl woke up and tried to scream, but she was gagged, even as she was also bound where she lay. Above her loomed a blurred, sinister figure right out of some bad horror movie--but this wasn’t a movie, or a dream. Horror and despair washed over her.

Eventually, after a few eternities where she screamed and cried and strained against the bonds that held her fruitlessly, the man by her bedside spoke. “Are you quite finished?” Wide-eyed, she stared at him, her tear-soaked eyes unable to make out anything but the dark blur of his form.

“You’re wondering who I am, what I want, and why you’re here.” The peculiarly dead tones he spoke this in made her flesh crawl. “Be of good cheer; you are one of the Chosen. You have been given the gift of the Mark, and when you bear it unto the Unclean, it will wash your soul clean from the accreted corruption of your unholy lifestyle.”

He gestured, and she turned her head to follow it. “Behold, the other Chosen.” Her bed was at the head of a line of other beds. “You are the Twelfth and final Chosen, and once the Mark has hold of you fully, you shall go forth.” Animation began to color the voice.

“The Godless elevated all of the most perverted wretches in order to drag this world into the sewer of their making, and for too long, we have allowed it,” he stated. “When you, the Blessed Chosen, unleash the Mark, it will scour all that filth away, leaving the Remnant to resume our rightful place as Lords of the Earth.”

An uproar from the other end of the room interrupted him then. He left her side, and for a moment, she was even more afraid than when he’d stood there.

Lalli’s heart screamed within him at the sight of the innocent, but Infected girl. Whatever happened after this, she was doomed. The view in the Well shifted to follow the head cultist as he moved to the side of the only bed in the room that was shrouded.

A troll, or at least one in embryo, lay in the bed, and the cultist smiled as he saw it. “Ah, my friend. Have you been contemplating the delicious irony that you, the infiltrator who aimed at the Remnant’s destruction, would instead become one of the Chosen, and the first Apotheosis, at that?”

Another cultist appeared. “O My Master and O the Bringer of Light, your humble servant is honored to bring you the report of the  Great Undertaking.”

“The servant may continue.”

“The route has been selected: there is a boat that makes runs to Spain that will accommodate the Chosen. We shall take it and land at the most visible and plausible place for such, with our operatives abandoning ship just before landfall. As for the Apotheosis,” the messenger shuddered, “a plane has been procured that we may drop it in Jerusalem, in the heart of the Sewer.”

“Excellent. The Apotheosis will wreak such havoc in the Sewer as has not been known for ages.”

Lalli’s face grew grimmer. So they planned to free a troll--that thing they called the Apotheosis--in some unsuspecting city that it might infect and slaughter the populace, as well as sending the first Infected out to Spain. This demanded only one thing: more speed.

“Lalli says we have to hurry,” Tuuri said, her foot pushing the accelerator to the floor.

Sigrun frowned. “No time for subtlety, then. We’ll have to go in shooting. Emil, you’re our heavy hitter here. Be ready to blow a mountain away, if it comes to it.”

“Yes, ma’am,” Emil replied. It was a measure of the dire situation that the prospect of burn-burn-BURN-fire did not appear to please him in the least.

“And Tuuri,” Sigrun paused significantly, “put your mask on.”

The little car sped for all it was worth toward the cultists’ lair...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 08:30:32 AM by LooNEY_DAC »

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #564 on: June 21, 2015, 03:48:33 PM »
Would I lie to you?
*Coughs*
Today, two persons came to an outdoor lesson with their dog. And this dog came with a frisbee and A LOT of enthusiasm. I won't speak about this sudden sadness feeling...
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #565 on: June 21, 2015, 03:51:35 PM »
*Sigh*
This thing never ends, does it?

Run Fast, Run Far
Part VII
From All Sides Beset

“What, Tuuri? You need what? I’m not getting you; it’s too noisy!”

Of course, Lalli had to chime in right then from the other world with, “Have Tuuri drive around the back; some of them are trying to get out that way!”

Reynir relayed the message, but the noise and confusion pouring out of the magic-talk-thing left him unsure whether Tuuri had actually understood him. His forebears had been kind enough to let him wander across the pastures until he was isolated enough to speak and act freely, and they had, despite their obvious inquisitiveness, put off interrogating him for now. It was very good, because speaking with Lalli and Onni tended to make this world vanish, overlaid as it were by the other.

They weren’t doing that bad, all things considering, Sigrun thought as she made her way into the compound, the bodies of her enemies marking her passage. She’d been able to one-shot most of these amateurs, thanks in part to Emil’s nice distractions around front, and in a few more minutes, she would storm the ward where these nut-jobs were making their Infected and--

A burst of gunfire raked her path, making her duck back. So, they were going to make a stand here, huh? Probably to buy time to get their Rash victims out the back. Well, Tuuri and Emil would have to handle that, unless--

Tuuri was yelling something in Reynir’s ear about something else he couldn’t quite get, but that was probably because of the gun pointed at him. “Fool of a Godless One,” its wielder said. “We are everywhere. Our Faithful had your phones traced before your friends left the Installation. Now, you will tell me everything you know, and I will kill you with a minimum of pain. Of course, each lie you try to tell me will add to your pre-mortem suffering. So, who--”

A shovel to the face will tend to silence even the most loquacious speaker, especially when wielded by a man used to the hard life of farming and ranching, as the elder Reynir was. His descendent looked at him in awe as he efficiently bound the cultist.

“Your friends need you,” was all the elder Reynir said before grabbing the bound cultist and dragging him off towards the farmhouse.

And they did.

Sigrun looked at the little thing Emil had given her. He’d warned her of its power, but it was the only shot left for her to clear the way to where she needed to be. Gritting her teeth, she twisted and tossed, just as Emil had told her to.

A Ka-THUM even bigger than the one that had brought down their first target took out her assailant, and probably anyone else in her way, as well. Once she was back on her feet, Sigrun rushed toward her goal, her ears still ringing.

“I can’t hold it any longer!” Onni screamed, real panic in his voice. The giant, sensing its victory was near after almost an hour of assaults, drew its probing limb back for one final blow against Onni’s feebly flickering wall-field.

Lalli threw Reynir a pole that had been leaning against the well. “Throw it!” he hissed at the confused red-headed specter, then began to chant.

“Warder’s weapon,
Strong defender,

Once more serve to hold back evil,
Fly now true and smite the wicked,
Guided by the hand of Reynir,

As the runes you bear do foretell,
Long laid down as fated for you.”

Closing his eyes, the spectral Reynir threw the spear, its runes glowing a bright blue in the chamber’s dimness, just as the giant lunged forward. The spear-tip plunged through what had been the bridge of a man’s nose once, and as it hit, another burst of blue leapt from the wound it made, flashing across the limb’s surface and out of sight, leaving an oddly-shaped statue of soot where pseudo-living flesh had been.

“Release the Apotheosis.”

“Is the Master certain? The sedatives managing the Apotheosis need time to wear off, and--”

“Release the Apotheosis from the rear door. If they take it on, we are free to move the rest of the Chosen. If they try to take us down, the Apotheosis will still bring the Mark into the world.”

The lead cultist squared his shoulders. “Whether any of us in this shard of the Remnant lives or dies is immaterial, as long as the Mark is released. Loose the Apotheosis, and ready the other Chosen for transport. I shall join the battle outside.” He punctuated this statement by cocking the weapon he’d been loading.

“As the Master commands.”

“Tend the Flames.”

“The Flames burn bright.”

The lead cultist went to the door...

Buteo

• Ranger
« Reply #566 on: June 22, 2015, 01:03:34 AM »
*Sigh*
This thing never ends, does it?

If the rest of us are lucky - no, it won't end! ;)

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #567 on: June 22, 2015, 01:36:41 AM »
By request (sort of)

The Forest, the Flames, and the Old, Old Man

Year 160

The old, old man sat by the fireplace, as he had every night for more years than he cared to count.

No one else in the house spoke to him while he was in his reverie: not the servants, for fear of their jobs; not his many, many progeny, now of the third and even fourth degree, for to them, he had long since become more legend than paterfamilias; in fact, few would even dare to go near him, whether staring into the fire or not. So there was no one to talk to him for any but the most banal reasons, and, by and large, that was the way he liked it.

But if someone had asked him why he sat by the fire every evening, he wouldn’t have brushed them off, but instead would have told them, “I’m waiting.”

The flames danced before his ancient face as entrancingly as they had since the days of his youth, and he smiled to see them. Or rather, his eyes smiled; his face hadn’t made that expression since his lady had left him to deal with an all too adulatory world by himself. The irony of having attained the dream of his youth only to find it as callow as youth itself was not lost on him; in fact, had there been anyone around who didn’t grovel in his presence, he would have laughed over it with them. But there was no one like that around anymore.

The knowledge that he was not alone came over the old man slowly, but the discovery was in no way unwelcome. Without turning his head, he spoke. “Hello, Lalli.”

“It has been a long time, Emil.” This speech should have surprised the old man, being both in Swedish and longer by half than anything Lalli usually said. Somehow, though, it didn’t. Neither did the discovery that the two of them were now seated together in a beautiful forest glade, the fire now a bonfire in a stone-lined pit.

“It has been a very long time, Lalli; too long, perhaps?” None of the old man’s kin would have recognized the diffident, almost apologetic tones of this statement.

“It is never so long as to be too long; not between the two of us. Not when you’ve been so patiently waiting.”

The old man finally smiled then, and they began to talk. They talked of everything and nothing, the years falling farther away with each word. Time itself seemed to pause out of respect for their conversation, and the duo grew lighter and lighter of heart.

Eventually, though, they fell silent, a silence only possible between such friends as they. The old man was watching the flames dance again when Lalli’s face changed.

The old man looked up. Out from the depths of the forest, figures were coming toward them. There was no need to worry, though, for these were most familiar figures. Madcap Sigrun, hair flaming to match the joy in her eyes; grave but mischievous Mikkel; Tuuri, trying to outshine the sun with her smile; silly Reynir, looking as bashful as ever; and many others. Finally, one last couple emerged.

The old man had been keeping one eye on Lalli’s face, and at these last arrivals, the old man saw his face explode into the only true smile he’d ever seen on Lalli. That was enough so that the old man knew who they were.

Lalli stood. The old man knew Lalli meant to join them, and a keening sadness warred with joy for his friend in his heart. Then Lalli turned, still smiling, and held out his hand. As the old man took it, he felt the last of the years and cares fall away, and, Emil once more, he walked with his friend into the woods.

The fire had died before the old man’s death was noticed. The whole area went into a show of mourning for the passing of a living legend, and it was not until many years later that anyone noticed the remarkable coincidence that his Finn counterpart had likewise died on that same eve.

Bouncey

« Reply #568 on: June 22, 2015, 01:52:25 AM »
"by request, sort of"

You're so mean  :'(

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #569 on: June 22, 2015, 02:24:12 AM »
Oh wow! Now that's a proper ending to the story. Excellent!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!