Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 779950 times)

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #405 on: May 24, 2015, 02:42:25 AM »
SectoBoss: if you see this, I've tried to reply to you a couple of times re the story, but something very weird is happening to my email, and I can't see either PM or Disqus messages I tried to send you. Still here, still alive, have written it, and am hoping that tonight (Sunday) the computer literate member of my household will be passing by to help me sort it, and to post the story on A3O. Hope you like it! I've been trying to post it all week! Aaarrrgh machineries!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

SugaAndSpice

• Scout
  • just a gourd on the internet
  • Preferred pronouns: ALL THE PRONOUNS. He/him/his is always a safe bet though!
« Reply #406 on: May 25, 2015, 11:10:22 AM »
Soooo, I have a theory on how there are trolls in the Dream-space.

It is a rather short theory, but here goes:

Someone (a mage) was infected with the Rash, and didnt know it. They went into their dream-place and travelled around, doing stuff, and then, the Rash started to develop. It killed them, and they went around, stuck as a troll in the dream and out of it. They infected a ton of people and turned them into trolls, and stuff.

*yay*
So, anyone agree?
I say vol, you say tron! Vol!
…Voltron?

AuthorOfLight

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • i am just a littol creachur
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #407 on: May 25, 2015, 01:03:14 PM »

Someone (a mage) was infected with the Rash, and didnt know it. They went into their dream-place and travelled around, doing stuff, and then, the Rash started to develop. It killed them, and they went around, stuck as a troll in the dream and out of it. They infected a ton of people and turned them into trolls, and stuff.

*yay*
So, anyone agree?

That's a really interesting (and rather scary) thought!

Another idea would be that Trolls can just travel freely between realms, because they seem to be more spiritually oriented than humans are.
fluent - :usa:
decentish - :mexico:
starting to learn - :finland: :japan:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #408 on: May 25, 2015, 01:29:08 PM »
Hi, Willowham.  You bring up a great theory, but the Scriptorium isn't the place for it.  This is the thread for actual fictional works (and stylistic experiments such as KicknRun's prose-poem "Count on a Hand"), as well as commentary about them.

There are plenty of threads where your idea would find companions, e.g. Biological Weapons, Aliens, and Spirits or Speculation on dreamworld communication

Do you mind moving the discussion over there?   Thanks!

*yay*
So, anyone agree?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #409 on: May 25, 2015, 03:13:14 PM »
Who likes Pacific Rim? Haiz and I, that’s who. So for those of you (the five of you) who were waiting for the next instalment of the Pacific Rim crossover that ze postulated and I started writing about a month ago, well here it is! Now, it probably won’t be what you were expecting – I got writer’s block on the fight, so I made a ‘meet the team’ website page while I waited for it to clear. What happens when General Trond Andersen blackmails Torbjorn Västerström to be the head of PR? Something like this:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/3803176/chapters/9003415

I hope you all like it! Remember: SectoBoss written, Haiz approved.

P.S. Spot the little reference to Haiz’s high school AU I chucked in there

And Róisín, it’s fine – upload it when you can, no worries!
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #410 on: May 25, 2015, 03:43:00 PM »
Who likes Pacific Rim? Haiz and I, that’s who. So for those of you (the five of you) who were waiting for the next instalment of the Pacific Rim crossover that ze postulated and I started writing about a month ago, well here it is! Now, it probably won’t be what you were expecting – I got writer’s block on the fight, so I made a ‘meet the team’ website page while I waited for it to clear. What happens when General Trond Andersen blackmails Torbjorn Västerström to be the head of PR? Something like this:

*snicker
*snacker
First of all, Sigrun,how.
I have a feeling the asset is being kept under wraps for a reason.
Wiat
Giant magic monster punching robots.
I am so here for this.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Crazybean

« Reply #411 on: May 25, 2015, 04:57:04 PM »
Who likes Pacific Rim? Haiz and I, that’s who. So for those of you (the five of you) who were waiting for the next instalment of the Pacific Rim crossover that ze postulated and I started writing about a month ago, well here it is!

You updated! On the day I comment. It's like a miracle ;D
If they're as funny as this, I'd gladly read a hundred intermissons. The comments and counter comments from Trond are hilarious. I suspect Torbjörn left them in at least partially on purpose as in some comments he directly asks for Trond's opinion.

After his courageous actions in the Siege of Nyborg, where he co-ordinated three war zeppelins against the attacking giants by shouting over the black noise jamming the radio communications, he was promoted to Admiral in 2038 and has commanded the Air Fleet ever since.

:D :D :D I actually did laugh out loud at that. Old Foghorn doesn't even need a radio, does he? He could just shout across the  battlefield and would still be heard. It's his superpower.
Aftermath: 'What do you mean there was a radio interference?  I didn't notice anything'

Róisín

« Reply #412 on: May 26, 2015, 11:29:04 AM »
At long last! I've managed finally to POST the second half of 'A Few Of Mikkel's Secrets' to Archive Of Our Own. I put the first bit up over a month ago, and have had the second part ready for a couple of weeks, but haven't been able to get the Cursed Machineries to cooperate in putting it up. However a technically skilled person/Noble Rescuer was here this evening and managed to beat the Machineries into submission. So it's up! I'm 'Tanist' over there, since their system won't recognise my usual name. There might eventually be more of the story; the last few paragraphs will tell you why. But not at present - real life is wildly busy just now!

Here is the link to Chapter two
http://archiveofourown.org/works/3856330/chapters/9019474

Here is Chapter one, for those who haven't read it
http://archiveofourown.org/works/3856330/chapters/8611471

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #413 on: May 26, 2015, 11:42:38 AM »
Róisín, I’m seriously impressed at what you’ve done here. You’ve taken a character I created late one night after too much coffee and fleshed her out so she feels almost like a fully paid up member of the actual cast. And thrown in some very interesting theory about Mikkel’s background as well! My hat’s off to you!
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
I write a bit on AO3

zetkaj

« Reply #414 on: May 26, 2015, 12:17:52 PM »
At long last! I've managed finally to POST the second half of 'A Few Of Mikkel's Secrets' to Archive Of Our Own. I put the first bit up over a month ago, and have had the second part ready for a couple of weeks, but haven't been able to get the Cursed Machineries to cooperate in putting it up. However a technically skilled person/Noble Rescuer was here this evening and managed to beat the Machineries into submission. So it's up! I'm 'Tanist' over there, since their system won't recognise my usual name. There might eventually be more of the story; the last few paragraphs will tell you why. But not at present - real life is wildly busy just now!

Here is the link to Chapter two
http://archiveofourown.org/works/3856330/chapters/9019474

Here is Chapter one, for those who haven't read it
http://archiveofourown.org/works/3856330/chapters/8611471
I waited for that chapter, but wasn't prepared for such greatness. Thank you. I loved everything about it!
That 'to be continued' sure is promising, too~
Native :poland: , fluent :uk: , a bit :germany: , learning :finland:

The whole culture is based on pretending. Pretending that we are cultured.

Róisín

« Reply #415 on: May 26, 2015, 12:26:18 PM »
Glad you like it. I was beginning to despair of ever getting the second half actually posted. At some point I'd like to carry the story further, but that may be awhile! Mundane life is busy: I'm taking foraging classes out to the forest four days this week, did a radio interview this afternoon, and at some point in the next few weeks have more nasty medical stuff coming up. But eventually I intend to make more, and hopefully will continue to increase my command of the Cursed Machineries (prods devices into corner with a whip and chair).

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #416 on: May 26, 2015, 01:30:56 PM »
Ooh! Fanfiction! I'm still working on my writing skills though, but there's so much scope in the SSSS universe that it's a good place to start.
Thinking I might stick with what I know and write a 'What If..' piece about British survivors, if I write anything.

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #417 on: May 26, 2015, 01:54:33 PM »
I am working on a Christmas story. Up to this point everyone has been focused on the books but with Christmas coming everyone starts thinking about how they will celebrate Christmas. Emil wants to check out some places that might have suitable gifts that could have weathered 90 years. Collaborating with Lalli he is searching for Christmas gifts for everyone. Meanwhile each of the other members are secretly making plans too each in their own capacity.

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #418 on: May 26, 2015, 02:53:23 PM »
Ah, the exciting prospect of new fanfiction to read!

Róisín, I wish you luck against the Machineries! (I'm starting to imagine you being a bit like Sarah Connor out of the Terminator films what with your constant battle against them)

Thinking I might stick with what I know and write a 'What If..' piece about British survivors, if I write anything.

As a fellow Briton I'd be very interested to see what you come up with. I've been kicking around a similar idea for a while now, although I can promise you that your ideas (whatever they may be) will almost certainly be a bit more realistic than mine...

I am working on a Christmas story.

We do NOT have enough of those :)
I write a bit on AO3

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #419 on: May 26, 2015, 03:29:03 PM »
I can promise you that your ideas (whatever they may be) will almost certainly be a bit more realistic than mine...
Realism? Pfff, what's that?
I don't know if you've ever seen Gurren Lagann, but obviously I was going to end it with the participants literally throwing entire universes at each other.
(Please note that this genuinely happens in Gurren Lagann.)