Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 778917 times)

SectoBoss

• Ranger
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #375 on: May 12, 2015, 07:36:44 AM »
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who said nice things about my latest offering a few days ago (and double thanks for the birthday wishes!). You keep an old fanfic writer going :)
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

wildfire

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Cleanser of worlds
« Reply #376 on: May 15, 2015, 05:53:18 AM »
I realise it's been far too long since I last visited here - Haiz, once more you make me laugh so hard I think I'm dying. I love your videregående AU. Please, never stop doing it!
• :norway: :usa: :uk: :denmark: :sweden: :germany: •

And in the light of the sun we go, through rain and raging snow, to find the things we do not know

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #377 on: May 16, 2015, 08:19:26 AM »
Hop,Skip,Jump,Fall
Chapter Two:
Possession is Nine-tenths of the Law

-=4=-

When they finally got back to the tank, lootless and burdened with one unresponsive cleanser, nobody was in a good mood. Then they had to decontaminate. Sigrun and Lalli decontaminated first, while Mikkel was trying to get a unresponsive Emil to get ready to do the same. Lalli quickly disappeared into the depths of the tank, leaving Sigrun with Mikkel.

“This is a problem”, she said from behind him.

“Which exactly, the braid or the catatonia”, Mikkel said dryly.

“Aw, take this seriously, big man.” She gave a considering look to the boy on the ground, then to the hose.  She walked over to one of the empty buckets,filled it with the cold water from the hose, and then unceremoniously dumped it on Emil’s head.

Sigrun shrugged. “Always had to that to some of the new recruits. The boy’s obviously made of tougher stuff than that”, and with this she glanced at the braid “but it should work.”

Emil’s eyes flare open in sync with the stop of her sentence.

A frown appeared on Sigrun’s face. “Shoulda worked faster

-=1=-

Emil is here. Emil is cold and wet an-. Emil is gone.

-=0=-

You open his eyes. There is cold water on his skin and you are cold. The sky above you is grey and you would have preferred a color that wasn’t so close to white.(you never want to see only white and blue again) The ground next to you is grey and wet also, but there are people there and the presence alone is enough to make it  feel like a minor miracle. (you do not feel blessed) You are lying on his back.

Trying to get up feels wrong. The legs are too short, and the arms are even shorter. Your former body is not something you remember with any certainly(you remember green and red. this does not seem of importance) but it was bigger than this. You move the legs and the arms but they move themselves, muscles and tendons and joints using the afterimage of movements you cannot do by yourself,(you do not remember) but you can do it with them.  Soon enough, you pull yourself up to a cross-legged position.

Then you see the people fully, a tall redheaded woman (that pings slightly, but it's not quite right), and a broad man with sideburns. The tall lady turns to the big man and says something. You don’t understand it. You know that you aren’t supposed to understand it, because who you were never knew.

It doesn’t matter. Being able to talk to someone is a luxury, so you open your mouth and speak.

“I don’t understand you.”, and feels wrong, with a voice too loud and too deep. Being able to talk is a luxury, but you don’t like this in the least.

-=3=-

Emil springs up to a crosslegged sitting position, but his movements are stiff and jerky, not precise but picky, and Sigrun could use many words to describe how wrong it feels, but she neither has the time nor the vocabulary. Then he says something in Icelandic, and Sigrun knows there is something wrong.

She’s read the personnel files. Emil spoke one language, and that was Swedish. Not Icelandic. Sure,concerns had been expressed about communication problems, but the finnish girl could solve that. It didn’t explain why he was suddenly speaking it.

Sigrun turns to Mikkel. “What did he say?” Mikkel was just as confused as she was, but he replies with “Emil said he doesn’t understand you”.

Then Emil says something else, and the realization is not as surprising as it is obvious. It’s not Emil speaking. Not anymore.

-=4=-

Sigrun turns to him, fury in her stance. “That”, she says,jerking a finger at Emil “is not Emil. The evidence does not crash over him, it slides neatly into place. Mikkel would love for her to be wrong. His family doesn’t believe in those things, spirits and magic. Mikkel is trying very hard not to believe in myths. What Mikkel believes in is evidence, and the evidence is making it very clear and very hard. People don’t suddenly grow braids, or speak fluent Icelandic.

Sigrun throws her hands in the air.” I’m getting the forest mage. He better have an explanation!”

His mind might have been occupied by other things, but it finally gets around to translating what not-Emil said.
“I’m terribly sorry”

-=5=-

Tuuri is busy transcribing the book Mikkel gave her, even with the disgusting pictures and the medical terms she can’t translate. Lalli unexpectedly appears in the room-when had he come back? It was a bit too early, wasn’t it? Tuuri looks down at the amount she’s managed to copy. Definitely too early.  Something has gone wrong.

She takes a closer look at her cousin and she can clearly see the panic there, along with disgust. (Tuuri knows that people say Lalli isn’t emotional, but he is. He just doesn’t have much to be emotional about anymore.)

Tuuri cocks her head. "What's wrong?"

“Tuuri,” and yes that is panic “ a spirit has overtaken Emil."
She waves her hands, telling Lalli to please calm down because she doesn’t know what he is talking about. “Emil has been overtaken by a spirit? What do you mean?”

Lalli puts his hands together and starts fiddling his fingers. “ A spirit has overtaken him. Emil has been suppressed. His body is no longer his own.” His face scrunches up into something unpleasant and Lalli hisses. “Its a violation.”, he finishes, sounding -concerned and angry?
Tuuri considered it. While it seemed completely impossible, her cousin didn’t lie. She opened her mouth , ready to respond when Sigrun runs into the room, rage filling the suddenly very tiny space.

A/N: Freaking finally, guys. I procrastinated typing up this chapter, which is for the best, cause it turned out way better. *Points up at chapter title* Did you see that? Also the reason this is chapter 2 is because I am going to smash chapters 1&2 together when I get an Ao3 account.
Also yes do the constructive criticism thing.
Word count is 954. Holy crap

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

LooNEY_DAC

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #378 on: May 16, 2015, 02:15:11 PM »
Of course I have to put this right below KicknRun's next (Finally!) chapter. Nothing compares well against brilliance. But so be it. Well, here's another one--or the first part of another one. I almost put this in the Crossovers thread, but Puppy-Fox should be in the SSSS world as Kuutar and Vellamo are. So, in the inevitable 12 millionth ripoff homage to Capra, I present:

“It’s a Wonderful Team”
Part 1
Spoiler: show
Hair still frazzled from his recent bath, Lalli stalked off in the highest of high dudgeons, purposefully avoiding the Swedish Fool’s outstretched fist by a wide margin. He slinked angrily past Tuuri and the Lying One to the safety of his bunk.
“You ingrate.” Trolls seize it! Lalli looked over to see Puppy-Fox looking back at him. This was not the first time they’d met; an introduction to the Gods was part of a mage’s training, so the mage knew upon whom they should call, and the Gods knew who was entreating them. But what could the Gods’ most irritating and irresponsible troublemaker want with him now, Rash take him?
“Well, and I am all that, indeed,” Puppy-Fox acknowledged Lalli’s unspoken question without qualm, “but sometimes even I help you pitiful crawling wretches, and what gratitude do we get? None! Even, you wish we’d never intervened! Well, this time I’m annoyed enough to want to teach you a little lesson, human!”
The world blurred around Lalli, and when it cleared, he and Puppy-Fox were standing in an unfamiliar outdoor cafe of some sort. At the table directly before them sat the Fool Swede’s Oily Uncle and Cowardly Aunt, talking to a tall, dazzlingly blond man in their babble.
“Oh, right,” Puppy-Fox said after a moment, “you don’t speak Icelandic, or even Swedish. Not that I blame you; why you humans can’t all speak Finnish like sensible creatures is beyond me. Here!”
The scene seemed to reverse itself just long enough to start back where Puppy-Fox wanted it to begin, and when time resumed its normal flow, Lalli found that he could understand what the three were discussing.
“So, ah, Eric,” the Oily Uncle smiled ingratiatingly at the stranger, “you’ve said you’re willing to go on this adventurous undertaking free of charge?”
‘Eric’ grinned back, a grin with something behind it that felt like a cold hand on Lalli’s neck. “Aside from my keep, and some inconsequential travel charges, I require nothing, Herr Västerström. It sounds like great fun, and I find I could use a vacation of the sort that this expedition would provide.”
The Cowardly Aunt looked at ‘Eric’ askance. “Um... That’s most... interesting, Eric. Might I just have a few words with my husband about a ‘family problem’?”
“By all means, Fru Västerström.” ‘Eric' leaned back in his chair nonchalantly as the two moved a short distance away.
“There’s something off about him. He’s too congenial and too willing to donate his time to us, and he’s hiding something.”
“But he’s free, and we’re desperate,” the Oily Uncle retorted. “Even Emil won’t do this gratis, and he’s family! His references check, and he seems personable enough, while the money we save hiring him can go towards more equipment for the team--isn’t that what you wanted, Siv?”
Now-Lalli felt the pit of his stomach clench nervously. This would not end well, he sensed...

Now read all the better stuff in this thread.

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
« Reply #379 on: May 16, 2015, 02:32:23 PM »
Of course I have to put this right below KicknRun's next (Finally!) chapter. Nothing compares well against brilliance. But so be it. Well, here's another one--or the first part of another one. I almost put this in the Crossovers thread, but Puppy-Fox should be in the SSSS world as Kuutar and Vellamo are. So, in the inevitable 12 millionth ripoff homage to Capra, I present:

“It’s a Wonderful Team”
Part 1
Hair still frazzled from his recent bath, Lalli stalked off in the highest of high dudgeons, purposefully avoiding the Swedish Fool’s outstretched fist by a wide margin. He slinked angrily past Tuuri and the Lying One to the safety of his bunk.
“You ingrate.” Trolls seize it! Lalli looked over to see Puppy-Fox looking back at him. This was not the first time they’d met; an introduction to the Gods was part of a mage’s training, so the mage knew upon whom they should call, and the Gods knew who was entreating them. But what could the Gods’ most irritating and irresponsible troublemaker want with him now, Rash take him?
“Well, and I am all that, indeed,” Puppy-Fox acknowledged Lalli’s unspoken question without qualm, “but sometimes even I help you pitiful crawling wretches, and what gratitude do we get? None! Even, you wish we’d never intervened! Well, this time I’m annoyed enough to want to teach you a little lesson, human!”
The world blurred around Lalli, and when it cleared, he and Puppy-Fox were standing in an unfamiliar outdoor cafe of some sort. At the table directly before them sat the Fool Swede’s Oily Uncle and Cowardly Aunt, talking to a tall, dazzlingly blond man in their babble.
“Oh, right,” Puppy-Fox said after a moment, “you don’t speak Icelandic, or even Swedish. Not that I blame you; why you humans can’t all speak Finnish like sensible creatures is beyond me. Here!”
The scene seemed to reverse itself just long enough to start back where Puppy-Fox wanted it to begin, and when time resumed its normal flow, Lalli found that he could understand what the three were discussing.
“So, ah, Eric,” the Oily Uncle smiled ingratiatingly at the stranger, “you’ve said you’re willing to go on this adventurous undertaking free of charge?”
‘Eric’ grinned back, a grin with something behind it that felt like a cold hand on Lalli’s neck. “Aside from my keep, and some inconsequential travel charges, I require nothing, Herr Västerström. It sounds like great fun, and I find I could use a vacation of the sort that this expedition would provide.”
The Cowardly Aunt looked at ‘Eric’ askance. “Um... That’s most... interesting, Eric. Might I just have a few words with my husband about a ‘family problem’?”
“By all means, Fru Västerström.” ‘Eric' leaned back in his chair nonchalantly as the two moved a short distance away.
“There’s something off about him. He’s too congenial and too willing to donate his time to us, and he’s hiding something.”
“But he’s free, and we’re desperate,” the Oily Uncle retorted. “Even Emil won’t do this gratis, and he’s family! His references check, and he seems personable enough, while the money we save hiring him can go towards more equipment for the team--isn’t that what you wanted, Siv?”
Now-Lalli felt the pit of his stomach clench nervously. This would not end well, he sensed...

Now read all the better stuff in this thread.

Wadda ya talking about? This is one of the better stuff in this thread! And it looks really interesting.

EDIT:IMPORTANT DETAILS RELATED TO THE STORY

ALL THE SNARKY COMMENTS I MADE IN GOOGLE DOCS

Emil is gone.
(Dude was lucky he got any screentime at all)

You open his eyes.
(Second person ayyyyyy)

muscles and tendons and joints using the afterimage of movements
( how to say muscle memory in a really fancy way)

Being able to talk is a luxury, but you don’t like this in the least.
(how do you think emil feels? aw wait, he has no idea what the hell is going on)

I’m getting the forest mage. He better have an explanation!
(He might)

I’m terribly sorry
(Son you better be)

Mikkel gave her, even with the disgusting pictures and the medical terms she can’t translate.
(Just to be clear she's copying down word for word in its original language but she's also translating it in her head.)

Tuuri looks down at the amount she’s managed to copy. Definitely too early. 
(Unit of measurement: procrastination)

Tuuri,” and yes that is panic “ a spirit has overtaken Emil."

(Lalli starts speaking like a lawyer whenever magic is involved)

i]hisses[/i
(This doesn't require emphasis but it was a really nasty hiss)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 09:48:29 PM by KicknRun »

Icon drawn by Piney

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #380 on: May 16, 2015, 10:43:38 PM »
Hop,Skip,Jump,Fall
Chapter Two:
Possession is Nine-tenths of the Law

This is really good! It's cool how you switch perspectives among the crew members to get everyone's point of view. I can't wait to see where it goes next!

EDIT:IMPORTANT DETAILS RELATED TO THE STORY

ALL THE SNARKY COMMENTS I MADE IN GOOGLE DOCS

;D *Pffttt!* These are hilarious! Please please please show us any more of these that you make in later chapters! They make me laugh so hard!

“It’s a Wonderful Team”
Part 1

I like it LooNEY! Very suspenseful, I can't wait to see what happens next here too!  ;D
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #381 on: May 17, 2015, 12:16:51 AM »
Hey all! My long-promised fic detailing how the Hotakainen kids came to Keuruu and got settled is finally HERE.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/3954073/chapters/8865853

Or rather, the first chatper of it! But fear not, chapter 2 will be coming shortly!  :) It will feature even more adorableness from Tiny Tuuri and Tiny Lalli and maybe some more questionable parenting decisions from Onni.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #382 on: May 17, 2015, 01:57:52 AM »
Had to try the Drabble-matic here is a Shakespearean take on Sigrun and Mikkel.

Mikkel and Sigrun
by William Shakespeare

Enter Mikkel

Sigrun appears above at a window

Mikkel:
But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks?
It is the hose, and Sigrun is the rash beast.
Arise, brilliant rash beast, and run the most best knife.
See, how she leans her eyebrows upon her legs!
O, that I were a glove upon that legs,
That I might touch that eyebrows!

Sigrun:
O Mikkel, Mikkel! wherefore art thou Mikkel?
What's in a name? That which we call an arms
By any other name would smell as stoic
Dost thou love me? I know thou wilt say "Like a farmer washing pigs"
And I will take thy word; yet if thou swear'st,
Thou mayst prove excitable.

Mikkel:
Lady, by yonder most best knife I swear
That tips in the Cat Tank the red soap--

Sigrun:
O, swear not by the knife, the shiny knife,
That swiftly changes in its terrifying orb,
Lest that thy love prove likewise terrifying.
Sweet, magnifecent night! A thousand times magnifecent night!
Parting is such strong sorrow,
That I shall say magnifecent night till it be morrow.

Exit above

Mikkel:
Sleep dwell upon thine eyebrows, peace in thy legs!
Would I were sleep and peace, so energetically to rest!
calmly will I to my brilliant arms's cell,
Its help to run, and my stoic arms to tell.

But this version is Most Best
The Adventure Of The Rash Beast

Mikkel and Sigrun were out for an excitable Valentine's walk in the Cat Tank. As they went, Sigrun rested her hand on Mikkel's legs. It was the most romantic walk ever. But even though the day was so shiny, Mikkel was filled with red dread.

"Do you suppose it's brilliant here?" he asked solidly.

"You most best silly," Sigrun said, tickling Mikkel with her hose. "It's completely terrifying."

Just then, a stoic rash beast leapt out from behind a knife and ran Sigrun in the eyebrows. "Aaargh!" Sigrun screamed.

Things looked strong. But Mikkel, although he was magnifecent, knew he had to save his love. He grabbed a soap and, Like a farmer washing pigs, beat the rash beast calmly until it ran off. "That will teach you to run innocent people."

Then he clasped Sigrun close. Sigrun was bleeding swiftly. "My darling," Mikkel said, and pressed his lips to Sigrun's arms.

"I love you," Sigrun said energetically, and expired in Mikkel's arms.

Mikkel never loved again.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 02:03:13 AM by KMK »

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #383 on: May 17, 2015, 06:32:38 AM »
Wow, I potter off for a day and when I get back all this cool stuff has turned up!

KicknRun: I’m starting to get genuinely concerned for Emil here. Also, your notes are hilarious.

LooNEY_DAC: Oh, this is interesting… seventh crew member??

Solovei: That was fantastic! I’ve often wondered if there was a backstory to Tuuri’s comments on Saimaa, and you’ve captured the mood really well.

KMK: What is this madness and why can’t I stop laughing at it?
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #384 on: May 17, 2015, 06:47:55 AM »
Hey all! My long-promised fic detailing how the Hotakainen kids came to Keuruu and got settled is finally HERE.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/3954073/chapters/8865853

Or rather, the first chatper of it! But fear not, chapter 2 will be coming shortly!  :) It will feature even more adorableness from Tiny Tuuri and Tiny Lalli and maybe some more questionable parenting decisions from Onni.
It's an excellent idea to write on that moment :) I'll wait for your chapter 2.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #385 on: May 17, 2015, 02:08:10 PM »
Had to try the Drabble-matic here is a Shakespearean take on Sigrun and Mikkel.
Oh my god... I think I laughed for a solid two minutes there. I need to play around with that site more XD

It's an excellent idea to write on that moment :) I'll wait for your chapter 2.
It's coming! I gave a good idea of what I want it to be about, but nothing written down just yet... I think it'll focus a but more on Tuuri and Lalli though.
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #386 on: May 17, 2015, 06:07:32 PM »
So, here's the next bit.

“It’s a Wonderful Team”
Part 2
 Lalli is visited by Puppy-Fox, who feels Lalli is not properly grateful for the companions the Gods have provided him, so Puppy-Fox is showing Lalli what might have been if Emil had declined his uncle’s invitation...
The scene blurred again, and they were in the unpronounceable Swedish harbor where he’d first met the Swedes, but ‘Eric’ was there instead of the Fool Swede, looking quite dapper in an unblemished outfit. When then-Lalli would have ignored ‘Eric’s’ outstretched hand, a hard look came into the back of ‘Eric’s’ eyes, and he took then-Lalli’s hand in a punishing grip. Then-Tuuri tried to smooth the whole thing over with a flood of words, at which ‘Eric’ laughed with faux kindness and said, “Your cousin needs to learn some better manners, Fröken Hotakainen.” Something in ‘Eric’s’ tone further raised both Lallis’ hackles, but Tuuri was still swooning over how tall and blond ‘Eric’ was.
Another blur, and they were sitting in the little train to Mora. Tuuri was too busy gawping out the window to fawn over, or even notice, ‘Eric’. ‘Eric’ was looking down at a sandwich from which all the meat had been stolen. ‘Eric’ growled, crushing the bread in his hands, murder flashing in his eyes for a moment when they rested on then-Lalli, but all ‘Eric’ did was to rise and go off to the dining car, from which he returned after a very long time empty-handed. He also had not offered to get them anything initially. As if whispered by a ghost, now-Lalli heard Messy Emil’s words from that time, now understanding them: “Would you like anything? ... I’ll go get us some more of those.”
“Are you beginning to see, ingrate?” Puppy-Fox asked. The question startled now-Lalli, who had almost forgotten his presence. “No? Then we shall continue.”
With that, they were at the Grabby Kids’ house, and the Grabby Kids were all over then-Lalli. Neither Tuuri nor ‘Eric’ noticed, being far too preoccupied with ‘Eric’ and charming Tuuri, respectively. Great.
Another blur, and they were on the Death Train. Then-Lalli stood alone as the giant attacked, ‘Eric’ looking on from behind the door, a hopeful look in his eyes. ‘Eric’ smiled when the Coriferous Soul grabbed then-Lalli to ask for help, but frowned when then-Lalli acceded to her request. Then-Lalli saw neither expression, but now-Lalli did.
“Oh, good. I won’t have to walk you through everything.” Puppy-Fox smiled briefly.
Then they were at the base, meeting Adrenaline Girl and the Bear. Now-Lalli couldn’t help but notice the decided difference between how ‘Eric’ reacted and how the Bear--ah, Mikkel, was it?--did. There was no anger there, just a firm insistence.
Then Sigrun was wondering how they’d communicate, and ‘Eric’, of all people, spoke up. “He gets his meaning across, when he wants to.”
So ‘Eric’ was observant, as well as clever. Things kept getting worse…

There you go.

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
« Reply #387 on: May 17, 2015, 06:21:54 PM »
So, here's the next bit.

“It’s a Wonderful Team”
Part 2
 Lalli is visited by Puppy-Fox, who feels Lalli is not properly grateful for the companions the Gods have provided him, so Puppy-Fox is showing Lalli what might have been if Emil had declined his uncle’s invitation...
The scene blurred again, and they were in the unpronounceable Swedish harbor where he’d first met the Swedes, but ‘Eric’ was there instead of the Fool Swede, looking quite dapper in an unblemished outfit. When then-Lalli would have ignored ‘Eric’s’ outstretched hand, a hard look came into the back of ‘Eric’s’ eyes, and he took then-Lalli’s hand in a punishing grip. Then-Tuuri tried to smooth the whole thing over with a flood of words, at which ‘Eric’ laughed with faux kindness and said, “Your cousin needs to learn some better manners, Fröken Hotakainen.” Something in ‘Eric’s’ tone further raised both Lallis’ hackles, but Tuuri was still swooning over how tall and blond ‘Eric’ was.
Another blur, and they were sitting in the little train to Mora. Tuuri was too busy gawping out the window to fawn over, or even notice, ‘Eric’. ‘Eric’ was looking down at a sandwich from which all the meat had been stolen. ‘Eric’ growled, crushing the bread in his hands, murder flashing in his eyes for a moment when they rested on then-Lalli, but all ‘Eric’ did was to rise and go off to the dining car, from which he returned after a very long time empty-handed. He also had not offered to get them anything initially. As if whispered by a ghost, now-Lalli heard Messy Emil’s words from that time, now understanding them: “Would you like anything? ... I’ll go get us some more of those.”
“Are you beginning to see, ingrate?” Puppy-Fox asked. The question startled now-Lalli, who had almost forgotten his presence. “No? Then we shall continue.”
With that, they were at the Grabby Kids’ house, and the Grabby Kids were all over then-Lalli. Neither Tuuri nor ‘Eric’ noticed, being far too preoccupied with ‘Eric’ and charming Tuuri, respectively. Great.
Another blur, and they were on the Death Train. Then-Lalli stood alone as the giant attacked, ‘Eric’ looking on from behind the door, a hopeful look in his eyes. ‘Eric’ smiled when the Coriferous Soul grabbed then-Lalli to ask for help, but frowned when then-Lalli acceded to her request. Then-Lalli saw neither expression, but now-Lalli did.
“Oh, good. I won’t have to walk you through everything.” Puppy-Fox smiled briefly.
Then they were at the base, meeting Adrenaline Girl and the Bear. Now-Lalli couldn’t help but notice the decided difference between how ‘Eric’ reacted and how the Bear--ah, Mikkel, was it?--did. There was no anger there, just a firm insistence.
Then Sigrun was wondering how they’d communicate, and ‘Eric’, of all people, spoke up. “He gets his meaning across, when he wants to.”
So ‘Eric’ was observant, as well as clever. Things kept getting worse…

There you go.

Well, I don't trust this guy. Be grateful for what the gods gave you, Lalli! It could be way worse.

Icon drawn by Piney

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #388 on: May 17, 2015, 06:39:22 PM »
It's a Wonderful Team

Nicely done!  :)
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

SolarPoweredGirl

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • A normal kid who isn't that normal
« Reply #389 on: May 17, 2015, 08:43:31 PM »
(It is actually pretty sad compared to what I normally write, so be warned.)
p.s.This was inspired by Trinka who wanted a hugging Sigrun in Scenes We'd Like To See
p.p.s not meant to be shippy
Anyway, here is
Always Remember
The hallway is dimly light, but the images on the wall are amazing. Emil stares in awe at the beautifully depicted scenes. The years on the paintings range from the 1500s to the 1800s. It feels almost magical how old they are. He comes to a halt. The hallway splits to the right and to the left. Sigrun had told him to always turn a different way each time in big buildings like this.
"Dunno why though. It can't possibly matter that much." he thinks.
Sprinting to left, he slows down as he nears another split path.
"I guess I'll just go left again.."
As the process continues with each turn, Emil notices he has gone in a circle. He also realizes how dumb he was.
"No, wait, I haven't gone in a circle. Ah, yes I have, I remember that painting was there, and that chair is the sa-"
Whump.
Emil's stops in his tracks.
Last time there was definitely NOT a giant troll there.
"AAAH-" Emil covers his mouth quickly, although knowing he can't undo his mistake. If you come across a troll, Stand Still, and Stay Silent.
The troll slowly turns and shows Emil it's hideous face.
"RUN." it whispers. Or maybe that was just Emil's imagination.The atrocious smell's effect is almost as if it's burning his skin. The burning sensation fades away as he gets farther and farther from the creature.
"Don't look back. Don't stop." he repeats to himself over and over. Careening down random paths, he knows he'll be lost if not dead unless he finds Sigrun.
The crashing footsteps of the troll echo down the halls. Suddenly, Emil spots a flash of bright red at the end of the hallway he's currently running down.
"Emil? Was that you stomping down the hall? Please try to keep it down." Sigrun says.
"SIGRUNHELPNOWTROLL." Emil yells.
Sigrun looks up from the book she was "reading".
"Wha-"
The monstrous troll is almost as tall as the ceiling. Sigrun puts on a maniacal grin.
"GRAB YOUR GUN SONNY IT'S A WHOPPER." She screams, starting to run head on towards the monster. Emil salutes and pulls his gun off his back.
"I'M GOING TO DISTRACT HIM WHILE YOU AIM FOR THE HEART OR HEAD GOT IT?" Sigrun yells, dashing left and right, and running between the trolls legs. The lumbering beast slowly turns itself around in the cramped hallway, although the ceiling is surprisingly about eighteen feet high.
"HEY OVER HERE YOU BIG DUMB HUNK OF SNOT!" She yells. The troll turns itself to the perfect position for Emil to shoot.
Emil's hands are shaking as he lifts the gun.
"NOW!" Sigrun yells.
Emil shoots and the force of the shot knocks him back onto the floor. Jumping up, feeling ceremonious, his moment is short lived.
He missed.
The troll is now advancing toward Sigrun, and for the first time since Emil met her-she looks genuinely scared.
"LEAVE HER ALONE!" Emil yells, fumbling to reload his gun.
Sigrun facepalms.
"YOU'RE NOT BEING CHIVALROUS YOUR JUST BEING STUPID!" she yells.
The troll looks confused. It decides on Emil, who is at the moment the biggest threat.
Emil aims and fires but hits a hard, scaly body part. The bullet is deflected off the troll.
"THE HEAD! SHOOT IT IN THE HEAD!" Sigrun screams, as she tries to find her way around the troll's gigantic body.
The troll is almost at Emil who has his gun aimed between the troll's eyes. This is it. The big moment.
"Steady...steady..." whispers Emil, waiting to make the perfect shot. The troll is almost at him.
"One more second and..."
The troll unexpectedly speeds up and knocks Emil up into the air, catching him by the shirt with his teeth.
"SIGRUN HELP!" Emil shouts, but the troll's growls drown out his voice. He struggles to get out of between the troll's teeth.
He plants his feet against the running troll's chin and pushes as hard as he can.
"Almost...Almost got it..."
The troll releases him.Unfortunately, Emil forgot about gravity.
WHAM.
He hits the ground. Hard.
Sigrun shoots the the troll on it's hard plated back.
"COME GET ME YOU BIG LUG!" She shouts, nervously glancing at the unconscious Emil.
The troll turns his attention to Sigrun and sprints towards.
"You can do this Sig." Sigrun tells herself.
"1...2..."
Quicker than the blink of an eye, Sigrun has miraculously shot the troll in the heart as she dashed between the it's legs.
Sigrun sighs a sigh of relief as the troll's whimpers and slumps onto the ground. She stands proud for a moment, but then remembers...
"EMIL!" She cries, sprinting over to the still body.
"Wake up kid, wake up!" She frantically says, shaking Emil by the shoulders. His head simply falls limp to the side.
"No no no no you gotta wake up! Come on, don't leave me now...what will I tell the crew?"
Nothing.
Sigrun lays Emil down onto the ground, tears coming out of her eyes.
"Be strong Sigrun, be strong." She tells herself. Taking a deep breath, she then tries to fill Emil's lungs with air.
"Breath." she pleads, pushing on his chest.
Nothing.
Sigrun the warrior, Sigrun the fighter, Sigrun the winner, gives up.
She lets the tears fall out at she holds the limp body of Emil her arms. She rests her chin on his shoulder as her arms wrap around him. Her hands seem hot compared to the slight warmth of his, as she holds them softly in her hands.
"...Sigrun...?"
Her eyes open wide as she watches Emil's flicker open.
"Y-You're a-alive!" she barely makes out, at she feels his hands grow just as warm hers.
"What happ-" Emil starts to say,
"Shut up."
Pulling him into a tighter embrace, Emil let's her have her moment.
Sigrun is crying tears of joy, wetting strands of Emil's hair. He doesn't mind. They sit in silence for a little longer. Emil then squeezes Sigrun's hands.
"Alright. Let's head back." he says.
"Okay." Sigrun whispers.
They slowly stand up and make their way towards the exit.
"You know, I take you all for granted." Sigrun says.
"What?" Emil says, limping towards the door, supported by Sigrun.
"I never really notice...how much I need all of you...until I think your gone." She says.
Emil stares at her as she helps him along. He doesn't reply.
"Now look at you-you're injured." Sigrun says, "And it's all my fault."
"No it's not." Emil sternly says.
"How?" Sigrun argues.
"Because I didn't-" He stops to help open the door.
"Didn't what?"

"Stand still, Stay Silent."