Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 780084 times)

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #330 on: April 26, 2015, 04:16:52 PM »
Threads, Strings, and Ropes

Once, when Sigrun was small, she sees Mama  returning after a hunting trip, with a rusty red cord connecting from her chest to one of her hunters, (she wanted to be just like them when she grew up!) who is hacking softly,red bubbling from his mouth, limp on the stretcher. Curious(she’s never seen this color before),she reaches out and grabs it, and a well of worry swells up inside her.

It’s not hers. It’s distant, strong emotions from somebody who cares. Sigrun worries for none. Sigrun lets go of the thread, and her emotions are hers again. But its a big change, from pretty glowing things, to emotions. She’s doesn’t know when the change happened, when colored strands become shows of emotion. The man on the stretcher hacks one more time as his colors fade, and the cords of the people around him grow and change constantly as they yell, but soon enough all the cords connected to him fade to a weak, dull grey.

Excitement grows in her. Nobody else is able to see them! Sigrun is good at watching people, and even better at fighting them, and she would have seen people reaching for them, eyes flicking back and forth over them. Nobody else has it. Sigrun has no idea what it is, but it’s wicked cool!

So the first thing she did, of course, was experiment.

The cords came in different sizes. That was the first thing she noticed. At first she would poke them, jerking forward and away as the emotions came over her. Then she thought about how much of a coward it made her,and started charging at them instead.

Size makes strength. When Sigrun passed through big cords, the emotions always overwhelmed her, making her crash to the ground, as the other emotion dissipated.

It doesn’t take very long for her to start writing down what she knows. Sigrun doesn’t enjoy writing. Or reading. But her parent’s big milatary maps have words on them, so it can’t be too hard.

(It is hard, and Sigrun just barely manages to force the letters into her head, but she does. Success!)

She starts noticing that she doesn’t need to touch the threads to feel the emotions, that they explain themselves to her almost instantly. She doesn’t mind, really. No more having to keep track of emotions with words!

The other children tease her and call her names, especially after one of Sigrun’s charges land her in the mud, soaked with dirt and shivering with cold. She finds the biggest and baddest of them all, and punched her in the stomach, right in the middle of town sqaure. It does not go well. The girl’s friends charge at her, pulsing red threads of anger intertwined with the yellow-green of glee that reach from their chests to her, all over her, her legs, her arms, her head. Sigrun looks back for a second, at the groaning girl in the dirt, and back to her friends and promptly grabs the threads, ripping them out and throwing them down. The threads fade, hissing like snakes. The girl’s friends fade too, stopping and blanching. Sigrun stands for an instant, horrified and then runs.( like a coward)

The teasing stops after that, nobody giggles or smirks when Sigrun stares at nothing, or charges and falls.
(Some of the threads and strings connected to her start pulsing a steady stream of blue. Blue means fear)

A/N:So I'm double posting. Again. This is a sloppy first draft thingy, but I like it. Even though its part of the reason I'm not working on Hop Fall, but i think publishing this will help a little. (*Looks at suicide squad au beseechingly*Leave me aloneeeeeee)  Also, I'm giving up the ghost and making AO3 account and uploading them there. Ahola! (Also I still really need a beta reader)

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #331 on: April 26, 2015, 10:29:43 PM »
KicknRun: Both of your stories are really intriguing! I really like what you did with the Sigrun one!
When you mention beta reading, do you just want someone who will look for spelling errors and so on?

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
« Reply #332 on: April 27, 2015, 06:29:54 AM »
KicknRun: Both of your stories are really intriguing! I really like what you did with the Sigrun one!
When you mention beta reading, do you just want someone who will look for spelling errors and so on?

While somebody to catch spelling errors would be great, what I need is somebody to bouce ideas off, keep charaecters IC and  stuff along that line. And check spelling errors, I guesss.

Icon drawn by Piney

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #333 on: April 28, 2015, 08:16:23 AM »
Sooo, I just wrote my first fanfiction in like four years because of you guys  :P It could probably use some more work, but here it is: http://aquaaurion.deviantart.com/art/Trapped-529703527

While somebody to catch spelling errors would be great, what I need is somebody to bouce ideas off, keep charaecters IC and  stuff along that line. And check spelling errors, I guesss.
I can try to help you. Please be aware that I've never done something like it before, though.

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #334 on: April 28, 2015, 07:07:10 PM »
Okay, so I know that aRTD and SSSS are canonically not taking place in the same universe. But I can dream… This is a little short story of everyone’s favourite grump and his (human) dog getting a little cameo in the world of SSSS, and saving Lalli and Reynir’s bacon into the bargain.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/3840577

As always, I hope you all like it!
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Ren

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #335 on: April 28, 2015, 07:14:53 PM »
Sooo, I just wrote my first fanfiction in like four years because of you guys  :P It could probably use some more work, but here it is: http://aquaaurion.deviantart.com/art/Trapped-529703527

This story is so amazing please write more fan fiction!! Please!!
Learning Spanish and Norwegian

Chapter Break Survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #336 on: April 28, 2015, 07:20:31 PM »
I can try to help you. Please be aware that I've never done something like it before, though.

More please, more please. I really liked it.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
« Reply #337 on: April 28, 2015, 08:58:50 PM »

I like this! I've always found dreamworlds and such really interesting, and the way it played out was pretty cool.

Okay, so I know that aRTD and SSSS are canonically not taking place in the same universe. But I can dream… This is a little short story of everyone’s favourite grump and his (human) dog getting a little cameo in the world of SSSS, and saving Lalli and Reynir’s bacon into the bargain.

I do indeed, like it. And the last line. That last line was awesome.

Icon drawn by Piney

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #338 on: April 28, 2015, 09:54:20 PM »
Thank you guys for the kind comments! :D I definitely want to write more, I'll just have to decide whether to continue from this one (it might become more shippy if I do) or do something else.

I really like how you tied the two universes together through the dream world!

(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #339 on: April 29, 2015, 02:14:23 AM »
It seems I'm not the only one fascinated by the dreamworld :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #340 on: April 29, 2015, 02:59:48 AM »
It seems I'm not the only one fascinated by the dreamworld :)
Oh, I think we all are  ;) I really hope we get to see more of it this chapter! It looks promising this far =D

(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #341 on: April 29, 2015, 10:08:21 AM »
KicknRun: Your stories so far are really good! I do hope Emil makes it out all right...

AquaAurion: Those are some intruiging ideas about the dreamworld you've got there. As you say, I hope we see more of it in this chapter!

And thanks to you both for your kind words on my ramblings above!  :)
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
« Reply #342 on: April 29, 2015, 06:11:10 PM »
KicknRun: Your stories so far are really good! I do hope Emil makes it out all right...

AquaAurion: Those are some intruiging ideas about the dreamworld you've got there. As you say, I hope we see more of it in this chapter!

And thanks to you both for your kind words on my ramblings above!  :)

I have some really awkward ideas about how I think superpowers work, so yeah. This is how I think empathy works. Fear me.
(Sigrun with the power to control the emotions of other people? Fear her!)

And Emil is alive, that is all I'm willing to say. (Also I'm really surprised that people are feeling suspense. Where is the suspense. I don't know what I'm doing.)

Icon drawn by Piney

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #343 on: April 30, 2015, 03:45:46 AM »

well if the point of fanfic isn't to make all your dreams come true then I don't know what is. I loved this. I also love the pacfim au fic, but you already know that. I made several very undignified sounds while reading it, accompanied by very excited tapping on my desk, eheheh

not sure how many are eagerly awaiting the next part of the high school au, I am kinda working on it........ it will hopefully be a thing that happens soon!!
you'll know where to find me.

SolarPoweredGirl

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • A normal kid who isn't that normal
« Reply #344 on: April 30, 2015, 12:17:13 PM »
I call this...
SIGRUN ON THE PLAYGROUND

I sit bored at my desk, twirling my red hair in my fingers.
"When's recceessss!" I politely ask my teacher, who gives me a quick shush and replies,
"No whining!"
I was NOT whining I was POLITELY ASKING. I notice my friend Mikkel is wearing a hoodie today. I bet I can throw something into his hood without him noticing. I pick a pencil of my table, aim, annnddddd....
FIRE!
Oops. I think that he moved or something and threw off my aim.
"OW!" He cries.
"Is everything alright Mr.Madsen?" The teacher asks. Dude, we're in third grade. You don't call third graders "Mister".
"I'm f-fine." Mikkel grumbles, holding the back of my head. I think he has a crush on me and doesn't want to get me in trouble. Or he's planning deeper revenge. Either way I  know the proper defenses.
"Alright class. It's time for recess. I'm sorry you all had to wait an extra few minutes, but a, um, certain student  put an old banana on my chair."
Geez. That was one time! Like, a whole half hour ago even. We start to line up so I run to the front.
"Hey you skipped!" someone whispers.
"Deal with it!" I say.
Silence.
These guys are such pushovers.
" I CALL THE HIGHEST SWING!" I scream, jetting over to the playground. Lots of people want the highest swing, but they'll have to go through me.
Suddenly, I notice my teacher walking towards me.
"Sigrun! I see you have LOTS of, um, energy today-Would you like to organize a game?"
My jaw drops.
"LET'S PLAY FREEZE TAAAAAGGGG!" I announce. Everyone looks my way.
"I'M IT!"
My classmates scatter like slugs running from salt. Wait, slugs don't run, they're slow. Well so are these kids but I mean not that slow. Whatever.
"CHARRRRGGGEEEEE!" I shout, speeding towards my first victim.
"TAG" He freezes. I keep running.
"TAG"
"TAG"
"TAG"
"TAG TAG TAG TAG TAG." I maliciously attack one of my classmates.
"You've tagged me five times already!" she says.
"Whatever." I take off again.
"TAG" I accidentally push over Mikkel.
"HEY THAT'S CHEATING!" he says.
"Lalalala I can't hear you!" I say. Then I hear a thump. Oh, that was me. I made the thump.
"You've tagged everyone Sigrun." my teacher says, rubbing her chest where I ran into her.
Oh. So I have.
"Now I can have the highest swing to myself!" I exclaim.
"Wait Sigrun that's not what I-"
Too late. I'm gone.
Aaahhhh. The feeling of wind against my face as I swing back and forth. The look of defeat on my enemies frozen faces.
What a nice day.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 10:53:03 PM by SolarPoweredGirl »