Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 780461 times)

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #315 on: April 22, 2015, 08:26:15 PM »
ALL THE YES
I haven't even read/seen/? Pacific Rim and this is awesome. Airship!Sigrun is my new headcanon/AU thing. 8D
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #316 on: April 22, 2015, 10:13:49 PM »
As an adjunct to Pg 271...

Spoiler: Bad Dreams • show
The sand seeped between the cracks of the debris covering Emil, slowly burying him even deeper in the wreckage. He wasn’t sure how close the fires were, but they would get him soon enough, if the bad air didn’t.

“Emil!” He looked toward the voice. It came from a trollified version of his Uncle Torbjörn. But Torbjörn was immune, wasn’t he?

“I’ve been this way for years, Emil,” the horror hissed at him. “I’m the scout for a whole new wave of Infection that will claim even the supposedly Immune!” His maniacal laughter was interrupted by a pitching wedge to the forehead, which seemed to persuade him that it was time to leave.

The golf pro from the cover of one of the books they’d saved chased the fleeing monster, clubs ready in either hand, yelling, “For Kastrup! For Denmark! For vengeance!” From out of his wake stepped Tuuri, unmasked, looking gravely at the buried Emil.

“Quick, Emil!” Tuuri told him solemnly. “We must use the antigravity propulsion unit to rescue Lalli!”

Emil followed her gesture with his eyes and saw Lalli hanging upside down by one foot, held by a giant even larger than the one they’d faced on the train. Instead of his uniform, Lalli was wearing some weird blue robe covered in stars, though, and a high, conical pointed hat, and he held a cardboard wand tipped with a yellow paper star. Lalli said something in Finnish that Emil somehow knew to mean, “Monster, begone!”, and a spray of flowers shot out from his wand. This odd display seemed to scare the giant, though, which released Lalli and skittered away. Emil saw Lalli falling and falling and falling...

“Lalli!” Emil came awake with a start. He was lying on his stomach in his bunk. The sheets had wrapped themselves around him until he could barely move. From a nearby bunk, Lalli looked at him curiously. Emil decided not to enlighten him on why he’d awakened. Even though the Finn couldn’t speak Swedish, there was a knowingness about his eyes in the dim glow illuminating the sleeping quarters.

Suddenly, Sigrun and Mikkel burst in, carrying a struggling Tuuri between them. “Quick, Emil!” Mikkel shouted. “Get me your old bandages! Tuuri has face cancer! Worst case I've ever seen!”

Tuuri’s head lolled back, and Emil could see a hideously colored bruise on her forehead. As he watched, it expanded down one cheek, puffing the whole side of her face out.

“Hapless, ham-fisted Swede!” Sigrun growled at him as he brought the bandages. “If you hadn’t blown the building up, we could have found the Lost Volume of How to Cure These Things! Now she’s going to die, and it’s all your fault!” Even Lalli was glaring at him now.

“I’m s-sorry,” Emil stammered, “but how else was I to stop the Demon?”

“Stand Still and Stay Silent!” Sigrun and Mikkel chorused.

Emil came awake with a start, again. Lalli looked at him curiously, just as he had earlier. Emil gingerly put his left pinky into his mouth and gently bit down, just hard enough to hurt. Ah, good. This was reality. Lalli nodded at him, as though he understood everything now, and laid back down, closing his eyes. Emil sighed and snuggled down to try to sleep again. Hopefully, this would not be a regular occurrence.

“God natt, Lalli.”

“Hyvää yötä, Emil.” Just for a moment before sleep claimed him again, Emil thought Lalli's eyes glowed pale blue...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 07:44:05 PM by LooNEY_DAC »

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #317 on: April 23, 2015, 12:08:02 PM »
Noodly Appendage: Thanks! It seemed like the kind of mental stunt everyone's favourite captain would pull, and I'm glad people agree.

LooNEY_DAC: The Lost Volume of How to Cure These Things is actually something I can imagine Sigrun would say. Although I'm kind of lucky I made it past Lalli's flower magic without spraying my drink everywhere.

Windfighter: That... that was adorable.
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #318 on: April 23, 2015, 08:44:23 PM »
A while ago in the crossovers thread, Haiz suggested a crossover with Pacific Rim. The idea got my muse going and, with Haiz’s blessing, this is the result. I’ve tried to make it so that you don’t need anything more than a passing knowledge of the world of Pacific Rim to work out what’s going on, and this is at its heart still very much a SSSS fanfic – just with giant robots and the odd zeppelin instead of a beaten-up cat-tank. Yes, zeppelin. Don’t look at me like that.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/3803176

If I get the time, I might write a second part to this. In the meantime though, I hope you guys like it!

i haven't watched Pacific Rim yet but now I want to? Also everybody is pretty much in character and stuff.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
« Reply #319 on: April 23, 2015, 09:48:27 PM »
Hop, Skip, Jump, Fall

Chapter 1: Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

-=0=-
The world is blue and white and dead and alive and poisoned and healthy and you are lost.

(You are alone.)

-=1=-

Emil marched unhappily, with Sigrun in front of him and Lalli at his heels. A chunk of  brick from the greyish-red wall to the side of him caught his foot, but he managed to keep himself upright. He wasn't terribly excited about the raid. It was a few days after the first one and he still felt exhausted. And scared of Sigrun. Mostly scared of Sigrun. 
Even though he had blown up a building, killed a troll and was going to have quite the story to tell,( And had also nearly killed Lalli, but he didn’t want to think about that) he didn't feel prepared at all. In fact, he felt pretty nervous.

-=2=-

Lalli stiffened. There was a spirit here. No, wait, there wasn't. Whatever presence that was there was gone. Back again. Strange.
His spell should have removed most of the spirits from the area. Whatever. It didn't matter if there was one here. This place was filled with them. Some would have returned, even after his spell three(four?) days ago.
A long streak of red sped past by him and stopped. So it was a spirit. Okay then. Lalli fixed his eyes on it as it stopped and turned towards them. It was showing itself as a long, red braid, which was strange, but unimportant. He dismissed it.

(In hindsight, this was his first mistake)

-=1=-

Emil stopped in surprise as something wrapped itself around his wrist. Was it Lalli? No, it was too rough to be as smooth as his gloves had looked. A rope, maybe. No. Troll's can't throw ropes, can th-.
This train of thought abruptly ended when whatever it was started wrapping itself around him. Emil tried to look down, but found he couldn't. But he could feel it, forcefully pressing his arms to his sides and locking his sides together. Emil felt like one of the toy soldiers he would play with when he was little. Only the battle was real, and he wasn't quite sure he would win.     
Then something like hair, no it was hair  started prying his lips open, almost gently,like whatever was doing this cared. Then it uncurled itself and surged through his mouth,suffusing Emil Vasterstöm with something that simply was not. He had enough time to think "I wonder if this is what eating a hairball feels like?",before his sight faded to blue.
-=2=-
Then suddenly, the spirit twisted around and sped towards them, zooming over the dead and dusty ground, wrapping itself over Emil’s wrist, and too quickly for Lalli to react, his whole body. Then the spirit when up and into Emil, and he jerked once,twice, thrice and feel to the ground.

-=3=-

Sigrun had turned around by now, years of fighting and training and not dying having honed her senses to near-perfect clarity in reference to the things around her. Like the ground under her. And the crumbling Old World wall next to her. The spasming trainee in front in her.

Lalli had stopped, standing absolutely still with some emotion so far gone she couldn't recognize it.  He eyes were still moving, staring not at Emil’s body but above it like he was seeing something different, something nobody could or would want to see. Something pricked in her mind  about finnish mages and sight, but she didn’t have time to remember it enough for it to matter. Besides, it wasn't like it would prove to be important or anything.

Enough thinking, anyway. She had to get him out of here. Sigrun hoped he wasn't too heavy. He groaned and rolled over, revealing a cut on his cheek. It didn’t look like much of a problem, so that was good.  But as she got closer, a sickening sense of deja vu caught her. She looked at Emil again. Or more specifically,his hair. Which was long now, long and thick and braided.

A/N: It's my new story!!!!!! What such a wonderfully happy chapter title. So full of hope. So full of joy. Sorry about the double-post by the way, I din't think I would finish typing thing today. FYI,the story is 693 words long, which is pretty dang long by my standards. If the format is too is too hard to read just tell me and I put it in justified or something? And the bolded numbers mean something. Whomever guess it first get a drawing!.

Icon drawn by Piney

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #320 on: April 23, 2015, 10:23:03 PM »
Hop, Skip, Jump, Fall

Chapter 1: Abandon all hope, ye who enter here
 <awesome story>

A/N: It's my new story!!!!!! What such a wonderfully happy chapter title. So full of hope. So full of joy. Sorry about the double-post by the way, I din't think I would finish typing thing today. FYI,the story is 693 words long, which is pretty dang long by my standards. If the format is too is too hard to read just tell me and I put it in justified or something? And the bolded numbers mean something. Whomever guess it first get a drawing!.
do the bolded numbers indicate changing character point of views? Awesome story by the way!
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #321 on: April 23, 2015, 10:40:40 PM »
Hop, Skip, Jump, Fall
Oh, this is intriguing! :D I need to know what happens to poor Emil >.<

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
« Reply #322 on: April 24, 2015, 07:34:16 AM »
do the bolded numbers indicate changing character point of views? Awesome story by the way!

Yup! One is Emil, Two is Lalli, Three is Sigrun, Four is Mikkel, and Five is Tuuri. Zero is *evil laughter*. That will be revealed later.
By the way, pm with with what you may want a drawing of.

AquaAqurion: Emil is *puppyfox voice* justttttt fineeeeeee.

Icon drawn by Piney

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #323 on: April 24, 2015, 11:23:20 PM »
AquaAqurion: Emil is *puppyfox voice* justttttt fineeeeeee.
Just like Hannu was just fine?? D=

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #324 on: April 25, 2015, 01:31:31 AM »
I present to you my latest and greatest, a short little modern-day AU where Tuuri is maybe getting a little too involved in Lalli's life!

(okay it's not that good but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, and I had it sitting on my google drive for several months before unearthing and finally finishing it)
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #325 on: April 25, 2015, 03:02:08 AM »
I present to you my latest and greatest, a short little modern-day AU where Tuuri is maybe getting a little too involved in Lalli's life!

(okay it's not that good but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, and I had it sitting on my google drive for several months before unearthing and finally finishing it)
Oh gosh this is way too cute! >w< Any pretenses I had about not shipping them are now out the window xD

(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Blackjazz

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • ~Je suis Le Chapeau~
« Reply #326 on: April 25, 2015, 03:35:04 AM »
I just caught up on everything and oh, do I love them all!

Solo and Windy:
Those are the cutest stories! XD So much adorableness. I have to say though, Windy, I didn't know what "Jag älskar dig" meant, so I was very surprised to see the translation! Pleasantly surprised, of course. But poor Tuuri, always having to translate and never getting any fulfilling ships of her own...

LooNEY_DAC: I loved all the references you threw in there. The second dream was my favorite though, because Emil burning the "Lost Volume of How to Cure These Things" is just genius, and something I think Sigrun would say.

Sectoboss: Wow, that was amazing. I haven't seen Pacific Rim, but now I think I'll have to. I hope you get the chance to continue your story!

KicknRun: I really, really, really like the tone you have going so far. It makes it seem eerie and mysterious, and I can't wait to read more. :)
Native: :usa:.
Lots :france:  :mexico:  Little :italy: Learning :southkorea:
On the list: everything
:chap6: :chap7:
Enjoy yourself; it is later than you think.

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #327 on: April 25, 2015, 11:34:44 AM »
I just caught up on everything and oh, do I love them all!

Solo and Windy:
Those are the cutest stories! XD So much adorableness. I have to say though, Windy, I didn't know what "Jag älskar dig" meant, so I was very surprised to see the translation! Pleasantly surprised, of course. But poor Tuuri, always having to translate and never getting any fulfilling ships of her own...

Oh, just you wait...
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Sharion

• Scout
  • Proud lunatic and Meanister of Word-Spinning
« Reply #328 on: April 25, 2015, 01:03:52 PM »
a short little modern-day AU where Tuuri is maybe getting a little too involved in Lalli's life!

I can't help but think that it all started with a communication attempt using Google (mis)Translator.

"You said WHAT?!"
"Huh?"
Survived so far:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8: :chap9:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
« Reply #329 on: April 25, 2015, 03:37:03 PM »
Hop, Skip, Jump, Fall

Chapter 2: Blind Leading the Blind

-=1=-

Emil is here. Emil groans and rolls over. Emil is gone.

-=0=-

After you submerge yourself in him, take his form and make it yours, there is a feeling of peace, of senses, of reality. (there is a feeling of nothing. you do not notice the change). But for only a moment, long enough to raise yourself up only to fall down again. You have not raised yourself up. You have not fallen.

You feel. A long time of nothing becomes an increasing time of everything,  your cheek burns hot with his blood(he was bleeding? when?) and burns cold with the frost-tongued air of winter (is it still?). You feel the pain of his back, and the feeling of the clothes against his skin. Part of you welcomes it, this feeling of overfeeling. Most of you, however, does not.

(It is the first time you consider vacating this body. It will not be the last.)
-=2=-

Lalli stood there, shocked. The shock turned to fear. Then to incredulity. Then to some tangled up mess he didn’t have time to untangle. Spirits did not do that. Spirits do not go into people. A spirit had done just that.

Sigrun gets closer to Emil, who groans and rolls over, right before his world flips. Lalli shudders with revulsion, as a feeling of perversion of all that has been done and all that will ever be done courses through him. His free will vanishes, just for a second. It is a long second.

The feeling of unceasing wrongness stops. Emil has a braid.

(His world gets back up. It does not right itself.)

-=3=-

Sigrun grabbed Emil’s arm and started dragging him up. She wasn’t sure at all what had just happened, but she didn’t need her teammate getting her killed just because he had gotten infected by some weird Silent World magic or something. Emil’s knees buckled under her, flopping uselessly, and Sigrun is forced to grab his other arm. His eyelids flared, and he coughed a bit, before babbling something in Icelandic. Emil could speak Icelandic? When had that happened? 
    Lalli had started trailing after them, but Sigrun was pretty sure he was trying to stay as far away as possible. He then ducks far around them, speeding out of her vision so quickly Sigrun feels a hint of mild surprise.  Sigrun really shouldn’t have been surprised. She knew scouts were fast, especially after what happened when she tried to chase after one.  Anyway, back to business.

-=4=-

Mikkel sighed at the Scout in front of him. Sigrun had messed up already? Sigrun was right around the corner of this dilapidated building, so it had to be fairly serious, enough that Lalli had to get him. He hadn't heard any explosions, nor sounds of fighting, so yes, worrying. Lalli gestured at where Sigrun and Emil were,impatient. Sighing once more, he set out to figure out just what had gone wrong.

Mikkel stopped for a second, just to process what he was seeing. Sigrun, with his back to him, her hands grabbing Emil’s arms and dragging him forward as his knees buckled. They were alive, at the very least, so it hadn’t been completely ruined.

-=3=-

By the time Lalli had returned with Mikkel, Sigrun had managed to pull Emil a little further, and was a lot more annoyed. She shot Mikkel a look, amused by his utterly dumbfounded expression. of course, Sigrun felt the same way, but she wasn’t showing it so hilariously.
“Close your mouth, you big lump. I understand that Emil got some nice new hair, but I’m not dying out here because he decided his new hairstyle was so nice he was going to faint over it. So grab his legs and heave!”
   Mikkel’s expression showed just how much that explained, but he obediently closed his mouth and grabbed Emil’s legs. He shouldn't complain. Its was the best explanation she could give.

And here's the second chapter. Ya know how I had a point I wanted to get to in this chapter. Yeah. I didn't get to it. I kinda like it, anyway. Word count is 656. Also, I've hit a road block in chapter 3, so If I could get a beta reader, that would be great. Also, you need to be on pretty often. That's it. That's the only requirement.
Sigrun's line may not be entirely IC, but it was too precious to let go. Also, Point Zero is proving to be a fountain of purple prose. And a violation of the natural order.

Icon drawn by Piney