Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 780331 times)

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #300 on: April 20, 2015, 08:02:48 PM »
That was good. I like the text-conversation at the beginning, and also Tuuri being like "oh that's normal" at the end and ... oh god I am becoming a fanfic reader.
Also, I can totally relate to Emil towards the end there. I have a (male) friend who I am fairly close to but not dating and everybody keeps shipping us. :/
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #301 on: April 20, 2015, 10:12:12 PM »
Its taking a really long time to transcribe this thing, but here is a sneak peak.
-=0=-
(You are alone.)

-=1=-
    Emil marched unhappily,with Sigrun in front of him, and Lalli at his heels. A chunk of brick from the greyish-red wall to the side of him caught his foot, but he managed to keep himself upright. He wasn't terribly excited about the raid. It had been a few days after the last one and he still felt exhausted. And scared of Sigrun. Mostly scared of Sigrun.

-=2=-
    Lalli stiffened. There was a spirit here. No, wait, there wasn't. Whatever presence was gone. Back again. Strange.
(In hindsight, this was his first mistake)

( all the comicwise plot holes with may sense once I finish typing.) This is pretty much just snatches of lines and stuff.

EDIT: FIXED FORMATTING.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 10:14:16 PM by KicknRun »

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #302 on: April 20, 2015, 10:16:24 PM »
hello scriptorium, I bring thee
HIGH SCHOOL AU PART 3: the sleepover saga
Wonderful!  :D

Found this picture by pure coincidence after reading Hiaz's story,
Sleeping Lalli according to Hiaz:

Its taking a really long time to transcribe this thing, but here is a sneak peak.
Ooo! I can't wait to see the finished story!  :D
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 11:24:57 PM by kahli »
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #303 on: April 20, 2015, 10:20:37 PM »

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee *dies of the cute*
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Blackjazz

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • ~Je suis Le Chapeau~
« Reply #304 on: April 21, 2015, 12:07:12 AM »
Yay! I'm glad you guys liked my silly little story. I'll probably continue it to combat the creepies that are likely to come (who knew I'd ever do that??) and then, maybe, you'll know the secret. Maybe.
 ;D
Annnnd, I FINALLY got around to reading Haiz's and Sectoboss' fanfics and all I can say is, Wow.
SectobossP: That was a masterpiece. It was such an eerie tale and you tied it in so well. From now on I'm going to pretend that that all really happened. The phrase "She was too big to sink, you know?" reminded me so much of what they said about the Titanic. It gave me chills.
Haiz: I love them all! I admire you posting them in two languages, too. I'm sure there are some jokes that are better in Norwegian, but I laughed so hard all the same. XD I love the way you play with Reynir's personality and I could totally see him acting like that. And Tuuri handing out advice. I dunno, it all just fits in a way I would never have thought possible.
Native: :usa:.
Lots :france:  :mexico:  Little :italy: Learning :southkorea:
On the list: everything
:chap6: :chap7:
Enjoy yourself; it is later than you think.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #305 on: April 21, 2015, 03:40:49 AM »
Little sister : So we go now ?
Me : Wait just a minute, I'm reading something...
*Still wondering what happened to her for beginning to read fan-fictions* ^^°
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

wildfire

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Cleanser of worlds
« Reply #306 on: April 21, 2015, 05:42:19 AM »
(...)

Reynir skriver: jeg er så utrolig smart dette blir det beste overnattingspartyet everrr
Reynir skriver: VENT
Reynir skriver: kan lalli lese

THIS ^

I am about to share something I was supposed to post somewhere else in this forum but I didn't because I figured I might sound stupid.

HERE GOES

Reynir is love, Reynir is life.

Also your high shcool au - if I ever get kids, I'd probably read this to them every night and they'd go "Muuuuuuum we know this story, can't you read something new please?" and I'd go "NO YOU NEED TO LOVE THIS! *SHOVES HIGH SCHOOL AU IN KIDS FACE*"

.. I'd be a great mum..(not rly)

Also, this:

Hvem hadde autorisert dette? Hvem hadde gitt ham lov å se sånn ut? Hvordan kunne en slik pur kanelsnurr eksistere i denne grusomme verden?

made me laugh SO HARD AND SO LOUD I think all my neighbours heard me.

I love this. I really do. Burrito-Lalli <3
• :norway: :usa: :uk: :denmark: :sweden: :germany: •

And in the light of the sun we go, through rain and raging snow, to find the things we do not know

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #307 on: April 21, 2015, 06:16:10 AM »

There are discussions of Gender and Orientations in this one, so if that bothers you in any way, you might not want to read this I guess...........

I hadn't really intended to go this direction with my AU, but I really had to write this. So. I'm going this direction with my AU. What's high school without confused teenagers!! and it's also maybe uh. going in a shippy direction which makes me a hypocrite, but it's not like you guys seem to mind that kinda thing so much, sooooooooo

yeah

~*NORWEGIAN VERSION*~

~*ENGLISH VERSION*~

jeez this dual language thing is a chore

good night folks!!
Lalli-burrito sounds like the cutest thing ever!!
I was not expecting the Tuuri and Reynir part, but it was a nice contrast to usual fanfics! :D Now I need to know what happens with Reynir's dress!

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #308 on: April 21, 2015, 06:18:00 AM »
Found this picture by pure coincidence after reading Hiaz's story,
Sleeping Lalli according to Hiaz:

Ooo! I can't wait to see the finished story!  :D

I SEE NO DIFFERENCE
(discreetly links to lalli burrito compilation i drew a while back)

oh man "finished story" are kind of big words. So far I'm only writing on this when I get ideas, but now I set up a sequel hook, didn't I........... I still have to decide what direction to take all this ehehehe^^"

wildfire: omg I'm glad you laughed at that part, because SO DID I WHEN I WROTE IT,,, i'm a horrible dweeb with no shame.......
(the only reason we know lalli can read in canon is because he reads Tuuri's letter at the very beginning hahahaha)
also I totally encourage you to become a mom. do it

(ALSO STILL A BLANKET APOLOGY TO NEIGHBOURS AND HOUSEMATES PEOPLE WAKE UP??)

Mélusine: oh noo please don't neglect your family for the sake of my silly fic!!!
(Well. I don't usually write fanfic, you don't usually read fanfic, I guess we're all in the same boat here)

Blackjazz: thanks!!!

I ADMIT the english version is maybe better story/structure-wise because I write it last so I see all the mistakes I did in the norwegian verson (despite reading it through several times before posting) and make some Tweaks. The norwegian version is mostly because it's the Canon Language, and because things that sound cool in english sound INCREDIBLY UNDIGNIFIED in norwegian and that's the turn my sense of humour has taken. So you're not missing out TOO MUCH?
(besides, my brain has kinda switched over to english as default language, so when I get ideas for this they're part in norwegian and part in english. wow)

also wow I'm glad people like my Reynir?? I think I write them all pretty OOC compared to canon,, but Reynir's been barely introduced to I'm going for a ....... sometimes sassy puppy i guess. sassy weeaboo puppy

maybe like this

Noodly Appendage: Thank you!! and WOW do i relate to being shipped with my male friends, too..... it's one of the reasons shipping sometimes makes me uncomfortable I guess. Also makes me very confused about what I want to do next. Buuuut I'll figure something out eventually

AquaAurion: aaaahh thanks!!! I'm really excited about genderfluid Reynir so I'm glad people don't hate me for that yet hahahahahahaha
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 06:44:14 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

wildfire

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Cleanser of worlds
« Reply #309 on: April 21, 2015, 06:46:58 AM »
(...)

wildfire: omg I'm glad you laughed at that part, because SO DID I WHEN I WROTE IT,,, i'm a horrible dweeb with no shame.......
(the only reason we know lalli can read in canon is because he reads Tuuri's letter at the very beginning hahahaha)
also I totally encourage you to become a mom. do it

(ALSO STILL A BLANKET APOLOGY TO NEIGHBOURS AND HOUSEMATES PEOPLE WAKE UP??)

(...)

I mean if my neighbours isn't up by now THAT'S NOT MY PROBLEM IT'S 12:41 PM AND wait I live in a student housing unit and people were partying last night they probably aren't up by now but still THAT'S NOT MY PROBLEM THEY KEPT ME AWAKE LAST NIGHT AND I HAD TO GET UP EARLY FOR MY APPOINTMENT WITH MY DOCTOR so TOO BAD FOR THEM

ok am cool, am cool..

also I consider becoming a mum once just for the sake of TEACHING THEM HIGH SCHOOL STUFF WITH STILLSTÅ VGS. This is stuff kids need to know about. I wish my mum read stories like this to me (Even though I loved it when she read Roald Dahl and J.K.Rowling to me)

I might need better reasons to have kids though so I'm putting it on hold for now BUT SOMEDAY IT MIGHT BE CANON!
• :norway: :usa: :uk: :denmark: :sweden: :germany: •

And in the light of the sun we go, through rain and raging snow, to find the things we do not know

SolarPoweredGirl

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • A normal kid who isn't that normal
« Reply #310 on: April 21, 2015, 12:26:11 PM »
Have any of you ever watched the show Psych?
If you have, you know the dad of the main character? He's basically how Sigrun would be as a parent sooo that's pretty much what "inspired' me to write this:

SIGRUN AS A PARENT AU  (P.S. her kids are Tuuri, Reynir, Emil and Lalli, but they are all 7 and under.)

Sigrun is sitting on the porch, reading a magazine. It's four fifteen. About time her kids got home from school, but they aren't home yet. She wonders what's taking them so long.
"Mommy! Momooommoommmyyy!" she hears someone yell. It sounds like her son Reynir.
"What is it Rey?" She lazily shouts back. Reynir comes bursting through their front gate.
"Emilgotinafightandnowhe'shurtandIcan'tfindTuuriorLalli" he says.
"Woah woah woah kid." Sigrun says. "All I heard was 'emijihutfightghpffh". You've gotta slow down there buddy kay?"
Reynir takes a deep breath and repeats what he said earlier, this time slower.
"Wait, Emil got in a fight? Let me guess-He lost didn't he." Sigrun says, still not completely sure the story's true, as six year old boys tend to relay stories somewhat...mixed up.
Reynir hesitates, then doesn't reply as he suddenly grabs his mom's shirt and starts to direct her to the fight scene.
When they arrive at the supposed fight scene, all that's there is a sobbing Emil curled up on the ground.
"What happened Emil?" asks Sigrun, trying very hard to be sympathetic.
Emil doesn't answer.
"TELL ME RIGHT NOW WHAT HAPPENED YOUNG MAN."
Emil sits up. "S-somebody f-from school punched m-me...and it h-hurt."
"Well who punched you?"
"Hanna...."
Sigrun proceeds to facepalm.
"Whatever. Let's go find your siblings."

After having searched the whole town, weary Sigrun and two of her kids return home.
"I can't believe we haven't found them! We've been looking all day!" a frustrated Sigrun states.
"Moomomomommmmmyyy I'm huuunngggrrrryyyy!" whines Reynir.
"Meeee tooooooo!" Emil adds.
Sigrun orders the boys to go to bed after a quick snack. They reluctantly obey.
"AAAAGHHHHHHHHHHH!" Sigrun suddenly yells, as she feels a something drop down on her. It turns out to be Emil's (fraternal) twin, Lalli.
"WHAT WERE YOU DOING UP IN A TREE! WE'VE BEEN SEARCHING ALL NIGHT FOR YOU AND YOU'RE JUST RIGHT AT HOME? IN A TREE?"
Lalli doesn't reply and his eyes grow wide.
"GO TO BED THIS INSTANT!"
Lalli scurries off on all fours to his room.
"I swear something's wrong with that kid." Sigrun mumbles.
About to go to bed herself, Sigrun feels as if she's forgotten something.
"Tuuri!" she suddenly remembers. About to run out the door again, she feels a tug on her shirt.
"Mommy I'm thirsty. Can I have some water please?" Tuuri says.
"WHEN DID YOU GET HERE? WHY ARE YOU IN THE HOUSE?"
Tuuri's face grows red and she looks about to cry.
"I-I told you I had book club t-today a-and that I would be h-home late but when I g-got here you weren't h-home so I did made myself a sandwich and d-did my homework and went to bed." She begins to sob.
Sigrun feels suddenly guilty "No no no shhshsh don't cry honey! Here now have some water and go back to bed kid."
Tuuri willingly obliges.
Overly tired and confused, Sigrun throws herself on the couch.
"I am NOT cut out to be a parent."

end for now
I drew a pic to go along with it but my dad is working in the room with the scanner and I have no camera  :(
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 01:47:48 PM by SolarPoweredGirl »

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #311 on: April 21, 2015, 02:14:53 PM »
Haiz: Your little saga gets better every time! And I agree with AquaAurion, Tuuri and Reynir's little conversation was refreshingly different from most of the fanfictions knocking around.

SolarPoweredGirl: Yeah, that sounds like Sigrun all right! Nice work :)
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #312 on: April 21, 2015, 03:15:33 PM »
Mélusine: oh noo please don't neglect your family for the sake of my silly fic!!!
(Well. I don't usually write fanfic, you don't usually read fanfic, I guess we're all in the same boat here)
She's absolutely not neglected, she had an additional birthday surprise yesterday (some photo by a friend photograph) and we're going to see the Eiffel tower by night in a few minutes. Can I read ? :P
(Well, I suppose you will continue to write and I will continue to read. Same boat ^^)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #313 on: April 22, 2015, 07:11:42 PM »
kahli: Ah yeah I'm glad you think its interesting

Solarpoweredgirl: I like this AU! I'm glad to see that Siggy is trying her very best.

Ok I'm not really sure where else I vent ssss-ficwriting frustrations, so lets go.

I'm having a really hard time getting Emil and Lalli's points of view. haha. I won't be writing Emil's point of view for a while.
Sigrun is really fun to write but she is always doing a new thing? ALWAYS?? I had to rewrite her point of view 3 times.
Mikkel is not that hard too write at all, which is kinda worrying yeah.
Also I had a point I wanted to get to in chapter 2 (which is now done) but I didn't get to it and it frustrates me.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #314 on: April 22, 2015, 08:18:24 PM »
A while ago in the crossovers thread, Haiz suggested a crossover with Pacific Rim. The idea got my muse going and, with Haiz’s blessing, this is the result. I’ve tried to make it so that you don’t need anything more than a passing knowledge of the world of Pacific Rim to work out what’s going on, and this is at its heart still very much a SSSS fanfic – just with giant robots and the odd zeppelin instead of a beaten-up cat-tank. Yes, zeppelin. Don’t look at me like that.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/3803176

If I get the time, I might write a second part to this. In the meantime though, I hope you guys like it!
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3