Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 787015 times)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #285 on: April 18, 2015, 06:29:57 AM »
SectoBoss: that was amazing! Awesome, in character, fit seamlessly in to the storyline, scary and disturbing and all around most best, you're seriously one of my favourite fanfic writers ever.

Btw extra love for using the word draug - draugur = ghost in Icelandic, only the Icelandic ghosts are not spirits but more like zombies.
(Draugar are sometimes relatively harmless but the bad kind are the ones that have died with such grudge against someone that they'll follow them afterwards until they kill that person or drive them insane. The worst of these follow entire family lines until they've destroyed them to the last member, or simply haunt some place and attack whoever happens by.)
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #286 on: April 18, 2015, 01:20:17 PM »
Haiz: EEEEEEEEEEEEE that is beautiful! I love the descriptions of the tumblrs, because that is the way it would be and I am cracking up over Emil's hipster-blog-thing and and and ALL THE OTHER STUFF. ;D

Sectoboss, that is TERRIFYING. I ... hadn't thought about what radiation poisoning would do to a troll. o_O Very well done!
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Sharion

• Scout
  • Proud lunatic and Meanister of Word-Spinning
« Reply #287 on: April 18, 2015, 05:53:13 PM »
Your fault, Sharion.
*working hard to find a way to blame it on fen, too, who were the origin of the first picture to begin with* >:D

without further ado:
~*TRANSLATED VERSION*~
I was reading this on the sub train, on my way to work.
Early morning, every sensible person looking like pickled cucumbers sucking on lemon pieces doused in vinegar - then, there was me, grinning like an idiot, sometimes snickering loudly, even. (Tried to hold back. Promise!)
I think the cucumb lady sitting next to me turned so wall-eyed by trying to get a glimpse of the text I was reading, that I heard the ghosts of generations of connoisseur chameleons sighing in utter joy all around us. (I guess she doesn't know the trick of eyeing something through the back of her head. Professor Mad-Eye is unsatisfied.)

Thanks for making my day, both of you! :D
Survived so far:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8: :chap9:

Blackjazz

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • ~Je suis Le Chapeau~
« Reply #288 on: April 18, 2015, 05:56:15 PM »
Right, this is something I wrote after page 299 went up and it's been sitting on my computer ever since. I wasn't sure what to do with it but after much deliberation I figured I'd post it here. My apologies for the length. Here goes nothing!

====================================
Edit: Silly me didn't read the first page of the thread and posted the behemoth here. You can now read it here.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 10:17:46 PM by Blackjazz »
Native: :usa:.
Lots :france:  :mexico:  Little :italy: Learning :southkorea:
On the list: everything
:chap6: :chap7:
Enjoy yourself; it is later than you think.

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #289 on: April 18, 2015, 06:03:24 PM »
Right, this is something I wrote after page 299 went up and it's been sitting on my computer ever since. I wasn't sure what to do with it but after much deliberation I figured I'd post it here. My apologies for the length. Here goes nothing!
XD
THAT WAS HILARIOUS. I love how Tuuri's self-shipping... and also Jealous Emil and Confused Reynir and alll the people and excuse me, I have to go laugh some more.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #290 on: April 18, 2015, 06:19:53 PM »

In which Emil is bitter, Reynir is confused, and Tuuri is me. ;)
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

SolarPoweredGirl

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • A normal kid who isn't that normal
« Reply #291 on: April 18, 2015, 07:07:03 PM »

Emil shifted his glare from Reynir’s face to his wild mane. “That braid… If only they knew. With one word I could tarnish your reputation, and with one picture, I could destroy it forever. If they ever find out-”
Reynir panicked and leaped to his feet. “HEY! That’s a secret!”

WHAT SECRET
HOW COULD ANYTHING BE WRONG WITH THOSE LUXURIOUS BILLOWING SILKY GLORIOUS LOCKS IN A PERFECT SYMMETRICAL BRAID?!?!!?

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #292 on: April 18, 2015, 07:28:31 PM »

If you take a look over at the first post of this thread, you'll see that we prefer works over 1000 words to be hosted externally and linked.

Some good places to do that are Archive of Our Own or Fanfiction.net. Also that way other people can read your fanfic too, people who maybe don't browse the forums!

If you'd rather not post it publicly and you have a google account, you can use Google Drive and make the document viewable to anyone with the link, then share that link here!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 07:45:45 PM by Solovei »
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Blackjazz

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • ~Je suis Le Chapeau~
« Reply #293 on: April 18, 2015, 10:28:15 PM »
If you take a look over at the first post of this thread...
Oops. So sorry about that. That must get annoying to see. >_<
I don't have an account to any of the other places, so it's on googledocs.

WHAT SECRET
HOW COULD ANYTHING BE WRONG WITH THOSE LUXURIOUS BILLOWING SILKY GLORIOUS LOCKS IN A PERFECT SYMMETRICAL BRAID?!?!!?
Are you sure you want to know...?

In which Emil is bitter, Reynir is confused, and Tuuri is me. ;)
And what sort of things have you been writing? ;P

XD
THAT WAS HILARIOUS. I love how Tuuri's self-shipping... and also Jealous Emil and Confused Reynir and alll the people and excuse me, I have to go laugh some more.
I'm glad you liked it! ;D
Native: :usa:.
Lots :france:  :mexico:  Little :italy: Learning :southkorea:
On the list: everything
:chap6: :chap7:
Enjoy yourself; it is later than you think.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #294 on: April 19, 2015, 03:11:08 AM »

====================================
Edit: Silly me didn't read the first page of the thread and posted the behemoth here. You can now read it here.
That was funny ^w^ I really liked the interaction between Mikkel and Sigrun!

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #295 on: April 19, 2015, 03:18:35 AM »
That was funny ^w^ I really liked the interaction between Mikkel and Sigrun!
That was one of the things I liked too!  (Aside from Reynir's fan-phobia and Tuuri's braid fixation...)  :D

[Sigrun's] voice came out in rasps. ... She could hardly get the words out as she asked, “Mikkel, honey, can you get me some water?”
[Mikkel] from off-set: “I am not your ‘honey.’”
“Oh, just get me some water, you big brute...."
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #296 on: April 19, 2015, 05:54:28 AM »
If you take a look over at the first post of this thread, you'll see that we prefer works over 1000 words to be hosted externally and linked.
OH NO I APOLOGIZE TOO
how did i not read the first post
I shall fix my norwegian versions of the high school au stories into tumblr posts immediately!!

Sharion and Noodly Appendage: I'm so happy!!! thank you!!!

Blackjazz: ..........that was beautiful.
*whispers* sheepswool extensions
you'll know where to find me.

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #297 on: April 19, 2015, 08:10:10 AM »
Thanks to everyone who said nice things about that piece of sleep-deprived nonsense I posted a couple of days ago!

Laufey: as I understood it, draug were the spirits of drowned sailors, at least according to my book on Scandinavian mythology (my ownership of which is solely due to this comic and aRTD). Looking at the book a bit harder, I think that take on them is more Norwegian than Icelandic, so you’re right and I guess it doesn’t quite make sense for Icelandic sailors to be using the word in that context.

Blackjazz: that was a great little fic, but you cannot leave us in suspense over the braid like that!
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #298 on: April 19, 2015, 08:23:39 AM »
Drowned sailors can definitely become draugar though, one common myth on how you can create a zombie is to find a sailor's corpse before anyone else gets to it and wake it up by magic. Some more unfortunate myths hint that the person has to have died knowing they were dying, which is why the magicians who murder their to-become-draugar f.ex. strangle or drown them. But it would make all the sense in the world to use that word in this context!  :)

EDITing to add: according to Google translate the Norwegian draug and Icelandic draugur are also pronounced quite differently.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 08:30:33 AM by Laufey »
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #299 on: April 20, 2015, 07:46:18 PM »
hello scriptorium, I bring thee
HIGH SCHOOL AU PART 3: the sleepover saga

There are discussions of Gender and Orientations in this one, so if that bothers you in any way, you might not want to read this I guess...........

I hadn't really intended to go this direction with my AU, but I really had to write this. So. I'm going this direction with my AU. What's high school without confused teenagers!! and it's also maybe uh. going in a shippy direction which makes me a hypocrite, but it's not like you guys seem to mind that kinda thing so much, sooooooooo

yeah

~*NORWEGIAN VERSION*~

~*ENGLISH VERSION*~

jeez this dual language thing is a chore

good night folks!!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 07:49:15 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.