Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 780316 times)

Kata Kissa

• Tumblr
  • word to your fjord, krissy. word.
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #210 on: March 26, 2015, 09:22:53 PM »
HAHA omg this is precious!  BLANKET FOOOOORT

~Kata/KM
Native: :usa:
Attempting to learn: :norway:
Wanting to learn: :finland:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #211 on: March 26, 2015, 09:33:17 PM »
awesome story Rose! now I want to build a blanket fort.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #212 on: March 26, 2015, 10:03:37 PM »
I love it, Rosepieces! Ha, I want to join them... and write my own fanfics...
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

DancingRanger

• Ranger
« Reply #213 on: March 29, 2015, 11:19:56 PM »
I'm going to Tease ya'll now.  Beginning of my OC into comic world story. I'm feeling a little museless right now. . .

The crimson eyed ranger sat crouched in the center of an unfamiliar forest. The trees echoed with the sounds of animals he had never heard before. Bird's song, the occasional grunt or groan of some nearby and unknown creature, and dozens of other subtle noises danced over the pale man's ears. His fingers ghosted over the smooth, worn ivory wood of his trusted bow. He frowned as the forest's noise dropped slightly, his eyes narrowed and he drew his weapon, notching an arrow. Watching the area around him his body tensed, coiling ready to move. This wasn't his first night in this strange new world, he'd seen the monsters, the great misshapen creatures of flesh and bone, and the evidence of long forgotten lives. He felt like he was kidding himself as he trecked kilometer after kilometer, searching for someone who could help him home. A soft rustling to his left had him jump to attention, bow fully drawn, arrow ready to be loosed, that was until he saw the flash of pale fabric, and the form of another being. Bright crimson eyes widened in shock as he fully glimpsed the other among the sea of grass. A slim graceful figure, jogging with incredible speed, seemingly oblivious to the eyes that now watched them. Gilbert blinked, releasing the tension from his bow. Returning his arrow to the quiver before quickly slinging the Ivory bow over his shoulder. He scrambled ducking between the trees to pursue the fleeting figure. A smirk formed across pale lips, as the ranger spurred into motion. He moved as silent as the night would let him, while still keeping his eyes on the figure before him. Just as he got within a dozen meters a twig snapped under his foot. The figure immediately froze, head whipping to stare at the offending sound. For a split second Crimson red met Icy blue, and then the male in white bolted into a dead sprint far outpacing the rate he was moving at before. Gilbert cursed under his breath, and took off after the stranger.

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #214 on: March 30, 2015, 07:00:01 AM »
I'm going to Tease ya'll now.  Beginning of my OC into comic world story. I'm feeling a little museless right now. . .

The crimson eyed ranger ....Gilbert cursed under his breath, and took off after the stranger.

Pale,crimson eyed,and his name is Gilbert? I don't think you know what fandom you're untentionally crossing over to, but this still looks cool.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

DancingRanger

• Ranger
« Reply #215 on: March 30, 2015, 10:22:57 AM »
Pale,crimson eyed,and his name is Gilbert? I don't think you know what fandom you're untentionally crossing over to, but this still looks cool.

I do. I cosplayed the character my OC is kinda based on. ^_^ I couldn't come up with a better name, as I really liked it's meaning for the OC.

snotra

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #216 on: March 30, 2015, 11:53:01 AM »
A bit of a speculative thought wandered into my mind recently. Would the world of Harry Potter and SSSS be compatible and if yes, how would wiardkind, both inside and outside Britain fare in this scenario? The reason for thinking this might be compatible is that both 'verses have magic as an active and driving force in their society, both play out on a very small scale, both geographically, but also number-wise and both societies have large amounts of creatures to contend with that do not fit in our current frame of reference.
Considering that in the world of Harry Potter magic is practiced much more, but that they have numerous other problems on the leven of society and a very strong technological disparity compared to the muggle world, would a crossover be viable?
I, for one, am not the best writer, more prone to having a mind filled with thoughts with wanderlust, rather than actual stories forming inside my head.
Languages: :netherlands: :uk:
I should know these, but rusty: :germany: :france: :italy:
Butchering at every try, but still bragging about it: Middle English (sort of)
To be added some time in the future when time and money can facilitate them: :vaticancity: :denmark: :norway: :iceland: :sweden: :finland:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #217 on: March 31, 2015, 05:58:08 AM »
Aaaaaand this makes it 21 stories on AO3. :) There must be something about Stand Still Stay Silent, I never normally write anything like this much. This time it’s Mikkel remembering the fall of Kastrup – a bit gloomier than most of the stories we’ve all put up there so far, I must admit.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/3613659

As I said earlier, hope you guys like it!

Wow, this was all kinds of heavy, but still amazingly written. Never stop writing!

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #218 on: April 06, 2015, 07:48:39 PM »
Sigrun's comment on nobody dying on the first mission kind of stuck in my mind, so in the end I decided to try my hand at writing a little fic about what kind of a past might be behind that. One warning for a short, possibly gory scene (I'm a gore/horror fan so my idea of what's acceptable is entirely borked, sorry.  :-\ I promise there's nothing too graphic, this time at least).

A Pretty Good Sign of Potential.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #219 on: April 06, 2015, 08:00:22 PM »
Sigrun's comment on nobody dying on the first mission kind of stuck in my mind, so in the end I decided to try my hand at writing a little fic about what kind of a past might be behind that. One warning for a short, possibly gory scene (I'm a gore/horror fan so my idea of what's acceptable is entirely borked, sorry.  :-\ I promise there's nothing too graphic, this time at least).

LOUD SCREAMING.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #220 on: April 06, 2015, 08:02:12 PM »

eek.
I never thought I'd say this, but Sigrun's dealing pretty well, if that's what her past looks like.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
« Reply #221 on: April 06, 2015, 08:26:12 PM »

Very nice, I liked it a lot. It has a certain chilly feel to it. Gave me goosebumps.

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #222 on: April 07, 2015, 02:36:33 AM »
Lalli crept up behind Mikkel to peer over his shoulder, curious. The big man had been sitting quietly outside the truck, across from Emil and Sigrun, for some time, doing something with a pencil and notepad.
Mikkel turned his head, said something, and angled the notepad so Lalli could look at it: it was a rough sketch of Emil and Sigrun as Sigrun told her stories.
Mikkel returned to his drawing and Lalli watched, fascinated, as the picture came to life beneath the pencil. He leaned forward a little more and Mikkel stopped drawing, said something else, and then pulled out a piece of paper and produced another pencil, handing them both to Lalli. Accepting the gifts, Lalli withdrew and began laboriously scrawling on his piece of paper at a short distance from Mikkel, his brow furrowed in intense concentration.
Sigrun's voice rose in raucous laughter, signalling the finish of one of her hunting stories, and she launched into another as Emil listened, eyes bright with excitement. The faint, muffled sound of Tuuri's singing wafted from beneath the truck as she performed some mysterious mechanical ritual that would solve an equally mysterious mechanical problem. Mikkel and Lalli drew.
There was a light touch on Mikkel's shoulder, and he turned to see a piece of paper with a crude, but carefully drawn, representation of a seated man in profile. Lalli watched Mikkel's face with intent blue eyes as the healer took the sheet of paper and examined it closely.
The drawing was childish, amateur, uneducated, displaying all the mistakes of a young beginner. The single too-large eye was too close to the triangle nose, pupil and iris showing in a way never seen on any human, the head was a narrow, lopsided oval, the mouth an upturned line to the side, the ear a flap with a spiral on it, the hair isolated and scraggly, the neck an odd rectangle, the body at an impossible angle, the arms and legs disproportionate and wooden, the hands unnatural circles, the clothing existing on its own plane. But it was unmistakably Mikkel, drawing on a crooked square that represented his notepad. The subject of the portrait eyed it critically as the artist stood by, hands behind his back, waiting judgement.
Mikkel smiled---a warm, genuine smile very different from his general smirk of amusement---and said something encouraging that he knew Lalli couldn't understand. He carefully placed the picture between two sheets of blank paper, and Lalli, pleased that his gift had been accepted, headed back into the truck.
That night as Lalli prepared to head outside, he noticed something on the wall and stopped to look. It was the picture he had drawn, carefully taped up where it was clearly visible to anyone who passed by. Lalli stared at it for a moment, and then a small smile crept over his face. He was still smiling as he slipped outside.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #223 on: April 07, 2015, 03:40:31 AM »

Holy heck, Laufey, that sent some shivers down my spine.... If anyone is looking for me, I'm in my room listening to comforting new age music

RandomTexanReader: !!!
I didn't know I needed a drawing lalli before now, that was adorable

well then. I am a fanfic reader now
you'll know where to find me.

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #224 on: April 07, 2015, 05:16:06 AM »

That was a really good story! It's a warm day where I am but I swear I feel a little bit colder after reading that...
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3