Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 777222 times)

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #180 on: March 15, 2015, 12:08:46 PM »
Thanks everyone for your kind words <3

One correction though, it's Byssan lull and not Vyssan (my childhood is a lie D= ).
Actually, that seems to depend. I've heard both versions, and I actually even searched to find which lullaby to use, so I searched "vaggvisor" and it was "Vyssan lull" everywhere and not one "Byssan lull" ^^' That and I asked a friend which songs might still be around in year 90 and he was all like "Vyssan lull" and then I was all like "Fine, I'll call it that then!" But never mind, I can change it :P
Darn it, I should have just used Videvisan instead xD

Also, if I may help you with the Finnish, the sentence you're trying to say would go roughly like this:
"Auta tätä kadonnutta sielua löytämään rauha. Johdata se Tuonelaan lepäämään ikuisuudeksi."

Btw I just realized that instead of "Johdata se Tuonelaan lepäämään ikuisuudeksi" you could also say "Saata se Tuonelaan ikuiseen lepoon."
Whatever you feel like using, I guess.
Thank you! I shall correct that at once! You shall move over here so I can use you for all my SSSS-fanfic needs! :P

I was sort of planning a similar fic where Lalli was singing to Emil after a bad dream, so this is even more encouragement to write that >_>
Yes, gogogo! We need more awesome fanfics!
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #181 on: March 15, 2015, 12:24:31 PM »
Thanks everyone for your kind words <3
Actually, that seems to depend. I've heard both versions, and I actually even searched to find which lullaby to use, so I searched "vaggvisor" and it was "Vyssan lull" everywhere and not one "Byssan lull" ^^' That and I asked a friend which songs might still be around in year 90 and he was all like "Vyssan lull" and then I was all like "Fine, I'll call it that then!" But never mind, I can change it :P
Darn it, I should have just used Videvisan instead xD

It seems it's a really common mishearing. I wad convinced that it was Vyssan, but the original seems to be Byssan. Videvisan is cute =3 I used to sing that one and Trollmors vaggvisa as a child.

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #182 on: March 15, 2015, 12:29:32 PM »
It seems it's a really common mishearing. I wad convinced that it was Vyssan, but the original seems to be Byssan. Videvisan is cute =3 I used to sing that one and Trollmors vaggvisa as a child.

Maybe people changed it because who wants to sing about the kitchen on a boat? xD Vyssan seems to come from the word vyssja which means "put to sleep" so it's not so farfetched at least.
I also used to sing Videvisan and Trollmors vaggvisa, and probably several others lullabies I never really thought about as lullabies xD
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Sumeri

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hämäläisjuntti
« Reply #183 on: March 15, 2015, 01:21:42 PM »
I agree with Aqua and Sumeri, very cute! :D I was sort of planning a similar fic where Lalli was singing to Emil after a bad dream, so this is even more encouragement to write that >_>

Do it. PLEASE DO IT. I will die if you don't.
Lankeaa
metsän henget
polvilleen

native: :fi:
fluent: :gb:
somewhat struggling with: :se:
learned but mostly forgotten: :fr:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

mamioja

• Just another labrat
« Reply #184 on: March 16, 2015, 01:29:09 PM »
Enter Braidy by Mamioja

A young man sits on a rock in a small clearing. He is braiding his outstandingly long red hair. Dark woods loom all around him, but he seems unaware of dangers it might hide. He is anxiously talking to a small feline who in paying more attention to a passing butterfly than him.
Lucky, this is absolutely ridiculous! I know every rock and bush two days walk from home and I have never seen these before. And these trees. There should not be trees this tall anywhere in Iceland!
The agriculture department must have made a great breakthrough to make them grow this fast or something. And the air smells weird. Stale and undergroundish somehow.
I remember minding dad´s sheep at the valley and trying to find a proper rhyme for faces. And at last I got it, just before I fell asleep. Faces-Places. I even made a little song of it and wrote it down not to forget it. “Faraway places have no familiar faces”.
That song was quite catchy. I kept singing it all through that weird dream of endless deep water and monsters just under the surface. Actually I wouln´t dare stop singing. I did once and started to sink immediately. I was almost knee-deep when I noticed that singing made me able to walk on water.
You, of course, had no intention of getting your paws wet and rode on my shoulders. So I kept singing and walking and singing and walking until I was so tired that I almost didn´t mind sinking any more. Then I finally found a rock I could stand on without having to sing continuously. Oh, I was sooo tired and fell asleep curled on that spot.
And woke up in these strange woods. I don´t know where I am and have lost all dad´s sheep, too. Good that at least you are with me Lucky.
The man pats the kitty, whose attention is now focused on a fly buzzing by.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 03:30:24 PM by mamioja »
When life gives you scraps make a quilt

survival :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:

Fluent in :finland: :uk:
Can get by :sweden:
Lost in time :germany:  :france:  :spain:  :russia:

Lived in :canada: :finland: :australia:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #185 on: March 16, 2015, 02:15:42 PM »
I was sort of planning a similar fic where Lalli was singing to Emil after a bad dream
Pleeeeeease do this! I have found a mighty need okay
YEET

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #186 on: March 16, 2015, 02:25:18 PM »
Also, I posted chapter one of the fic I'm working on here a while ago and here's the second! I really need to actually start writing this again... Chapter 2

For anybody who missed the first chapter: Chapter 1
YEET

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #187 on: March 16, 2015, 04:06:50 PM »
Do it. PLEASE DO IT. I will die if you don't.

Pleeeeeease do this! I have found a mighty need okay

You asked for it, so here it is! :D

http://archiveofourown.org/works/3557222
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #188 on: March 16, 2015, 04:26:49 PM »

ahhhHHHH THIS IS ADORABLE AND ALSO VERY WELL-WRITTEN!
YEET

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #189 on: March 16, 2015, 04:39:51 PM »

Soooo cute!  What does the "Drabble" tag mean?

Also, if there's a link to someone singing that song, would you share it with us, please?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

mamioja

• Just another labrat
Onni and Lalli meet at dreamtime
« Reply #190 on: March 16, 2015, 04:48:46 PM »
I posted this story at comments some time ago. Sunflower offered to post it to forum, but since I`m unable to locate it here i decided to add it here (just learned how to) since I still like the story and feel it is a pity to bury it under all those comments.

ONNI AND LALLI MEET AT DREAMTIME by Mamioja

Lalli:    Onni, finally you show up. We are doing ok. Tuuri has some books now, too. You can´t believe what I saw here. There was this absolutely -

Onni: Yes, yes. Good to see you, too. Sorry I couldn´t make it before. We all have been running around the dreamtime like madmen. I´ve been eating mushrooms, for days now, and you know how my head hurts afterwards. Not to mention what they do to my kidneys. Ugh. You are so lucky to be able to fall asleep anytime and anywhere. And still we haven´t been able to catch that redhead. Only glimpses here and there. Waking cursed trolls from their slumber everywhere he threads. There has been more attacks against mages inside dreamtime than I can count.

Lalli: Onni, I saw this stranger last time I was in dreamtime. She had such a long red braid... And there was a cat I think -

Onni: Here? Are you sure? And with a cat! Damn. If I hadn´t been searching the Lappland region... Hmm... It is a far cry, but Braidy, as that guy has been nicknamed, might actually be physically somewhere near Denmark.

Lalli: Do you really think so? Braidy... sounds nice -

Onni: Nice, my ass. It´s the most popular swearword lately. He´s a real pain in the... But we desperately need him. Or at least his genes. Mages are still so rare that we need every talent there is. He´s probably a wild one, you know. This could solve our problem nicely, if his genes are good enough to let you off the hook. I know neither you or Tuuri liked the elder´s decision to marry you two.

Lalli: I never said -

Onni: Yes, yes. You never objected it aloud like Tuuri did. Poor kid, ending with all the wrong genes. No immunity, no magic and all that eagerness for adventure boiling inside her.

Lalli: But it is her life -

Onni: No, too risky! Things like marriage should be decided with rationality not with feeling. This Braidy guy, then. We don´t know anything about him. I can´t entrust my sweet, innocent sister to him until I´ve investigated him myself.

Lalli: Whaaat? But Braidy is a girl.

Onni: No, he´s a boy all right. I know for sure. That long braid swishing here and there led us astray at first, too. But his aura is all male, when you get near enough to sense it.

Lalli: ---A redheaded boy---

Onni: Ok. I have to go now. Take care of Tuuri and try to find that Braidy guy if possible. I try to meet you here soon again.

Lalli: --- A redheaded boy ---

* Onni and Lalli speak finnish. There is only one word for the third person. So he/she = hän and his/ hers = hänen. No gender implied.
When life gives you scraps make a quilt

survival :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:

Fluent in :finland: :uk:
Can get by :sweden:
Lost in time :germany:  :france:  :spain:  :russia:

Lived in :canada: :finland: :australia:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #191 on: March 16, 2015, 04:49:04 PM »
Soooo cute!  What does the "Drabble" tag mean?

Also, if there's a link to someone singing that song, would you share it with us, please?

A drabble is a short fanfic, usually between 100-500 words :)

Here's a link to the song!
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Sumeri

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Hämäläisjuntti
« Reply #192 on: March 16, 2015, 05:12:30 PM »

Ohhh that was so sweet, thank you so much!

Also, I had to look up that song :D such a pretty one, has a very folkish feel to it. I hope my parents didn't hear me singing along XD
Lankeaa
metsän henget
polvilleen

native: :fi:
fluent: :gb:
somewhat struggling with: :se:
learned but mostly forgotten: :fr:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #193 on: March 18, 2015, 12:39:44 PM »
Back when we didn't know what was in those crates I wrote myself a little three-chapter story of Emil getting his hands on some heavy-duty ordnance. That's now been officially jossed (unless there's a lot more to those candles than meets the eye) but I thought I'd put it up anyway:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/3568508/chapters/7861919

Hope you guys like it!
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #194 on: March 18, 2015, 01:03:48 PM »
Back when we didn't know what was in those crates I wrote myself a little three-chapter story of Emil getting his hands on some heavy-duty ordnance. That's now been officially jossed (unless there's a lot more to those candles than meets the eye) but I thought I'd put it up anyway:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/3568508/chapters/7861919

Hope you guys like it!

Wow, that's amazingly good!  I felt like I was right there in the building with them.  When did you have Cleanser training, that you're so familiar with how flamethrowers work?   :o
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany: