Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 787176 times)

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #4005 on: September 10, 2022, 03:48:59 PM »
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 08:52:36 AM by Grade E cat »
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

tehta

• Ranger
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #4006 on: October 07, 2022, 05:51:32 AM »
Hello all! I would like to recommend an ongoing AO3 story I have been enjoying, A Tale of Two Lallis. It's a multichapter, but the author says it is all done, and it is getting posted rather quickly.

The premise is very fanficcy: the regular Lalli we know from SSSS and a no-Rash-AU Lalli swap places for some odd magical reason. And yes, it's Emilalli, at least for one of the Lallis. But it's so charming and well done, with everyone (in my opinion) very much in characters. Plus, there are illustrations! It's clearly a labor of love, and I feel like it would have received a lot more love back when the fandom was still active. So I really wanted to give it a callout.
fluent: :pl: :us:, conversational: :fr: :de:, can spy on conversations: :de: (:ch:) :it:, knows curses: so many others

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #4007 on: November 10, 2022, 08:41:45 AM »
Hi!

Thanks, Grade E Cat! I'll dive into those soon.

And thanks for the tip, Tehta! Seems quite interesting!

So, I'm writing a story with Ensi and decided to review the previous one, finding that I hadn't published it on AO3, which leaves it just on the 2021's Advent Calendar. So I reviewed both parts and posted them here: Awakening

I hope you like it!
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

RanVor

• Ranger
  • Preferred pronouns: he/it/that thing
« Reply #4008 on: November 11, 2022, 05:15:39 AM »
That was really nice, Grey! It's been a while since I last read something SSSS-related. Glad to see your writing is going well!

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
« Reply #4009 on: November 11, 2022, 12:12:46 PM »
Grey, you already know I love it! Just as a minor thing, the knife is puukko, not pukko :)
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #4010 on: November 11, 2022, 08:09:06 PM »
Grey, you already know I love it! Just as a minor thing, the knife is puukko, not pukko :)
Thank you, my dear!

So instead of a knife (puukko) Ensi had a decorated goat (pukko) with her! And she used that glowing magical goat to stab the monster!  ;D

It's so funny that I almost feel sorry to correct that... But it's done. Thanks!  <3
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #4011 on: November 11, 2022, 09:11:36 PM »
The male goat is pukki :)

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #4012 on: November 11, 2022, 09:27:52 PM »
The male goat is pukki :)
Oh, but when I write "pukko" on the magical oracle google translate it comes with "goat"... :(

Well, it was fun anyway! :)

dmeck7755

« Reply #4013 on: November 11, 2022, 10:00:31 PM »
Baaaa!
"without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."

-Frank Zappa

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #4014 on: November 12, 2022, 05:30:14 AM »
In Gaelic the goat is pucca, poca or puca depending on the dialect.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #4015 on: November 15, 2022, 07:50:03 AM »
So instead of a knife (puukko) Ensi had a decorated goat (pukko) with her! And she used that glowing magical goat to stab the monster!  ;D
Well they do have horns ...

... ooooohhh any chance the Finns got those (still) glowing goats by raiding Sweden traditionally?  >:D
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #4016 on: November 16, 2022, 10:55:28 AM »
We would never!

https://archiveofourown.org/works/22188535

There is actually a tradition of kekripukki or the Kekri goat here. Kekri is the harvest / end of autumn festival that used to be maybe the biggest festival but was almost forgotten for a long time. But nowadays it seems to be having a comeback. Kajaani has arranged Kekri for many years now, including burning of a Kekri goat on the river running through the city. This one is intended to be torched! Picture of this year’s goat: https://yle.fi/uutiset/74-20003373

apprenticeNerd

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4017 on: January 14, 2023, 04:57:50 AM »
Apparently some people have already seen these from the Discord (which is so wild to me? like I'm perceived by communities I'm not a part of?? holy heck???), but I figured I might as well stick my couple of SSSS fics here:

The Perfect Yule - https://archiveofourown.org/works/44122114
Fledgling - https://archiveofourown.org/works/44163649/chapters/111054181
Fluent: :gb:
Conversant: :fr:
Trying to learn: :fi:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #4018 on: January 14, 2023, 10:17:50 AM »
These are lovely! Absolutely beautiful!

Our community or communities, whichever way you like to think of it/them overlap a lot so that the Forum, the Discord, AO3 and previously also the comment section are interlinked :)  I’m personally not on Discord (yet?) because when I tried I got confused. Should ask my son to help me get started. On AO3 I’m Jiiri, I left you a comment. And Tanist is Róisín.

dreki

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: He/they
« Reply #4019 on: January 27, 2023, 12:58:20 AM »
Apparently some people have already seen these from the Discord (which is so wild to me? like I'm perceived by communities I'm not a part of?? holy heck???), but I figured I might as well stick my couple of SSSS fics here:

The Perfect Yule - https://archiveofourown.org/works/44122114
Fledgling - https://archiveofourown.org/works/44163649/chapters/111054181

AO3 has few enough fics that new ones get noticed pretty easily, and the person who did the adventure that inspired you was really excited to share. :)

These are lovely! Absolutely beautiful!

Our community or communities, whichever way you like to think of it/them overlap a lot so that the Forum, the Discord, AO3 and previously also the comment section are interlinked :)  I’m personally not on Discord (yet?) because when I tried I got confused. Should ask my son to help me get started. On AO3 I’m Jiiri, I left you a comment. And Tanist is Róisín.

I think they all bring something different and each is not going to be for everyone.

Discord is more active.  I like the forum structure better because with discord conversations get lost and buried really easily.  With the forum you can come back more easily.