Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 787087 times)

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #3915 on: June 11, 2021, 07:10:23 AM »
I have just posted the second to last chapter of ‘Year 3, Very Far to the South’ on Archive of Our Own. This was meant to be the last chapter but it was proving to be overly long so I will put up the rest of it in a few days when I have had a chance to edit it. And sorry to end the chapter on a cliffhanger!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Jellyfish

• Super-Newbie
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3916 on: July 11, 2021, 03:35:06 PM »
Added a new chapter to Where Lies the Strangling Fruit: https://archiveofourown.org/works/31673420/chapters/78388190

Buteo

• Ranger
« Reply #3917 on: July 12, 2021, 07:50:19 PM »
Róisín, remember that ending a chapter on a cliffhanger is part of the culture here!  ;D

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3918 on: July 13, 2021, 06:58:04 AM »
Yeah, I suppose it is traditional!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #3919 on: August 04, 2021, 07:30:50 AM »
Okay, the chapter of True Ruler I got stuck in the middle of last year is finally done: True Colors.

This is the first real move towards the resolution of that arc, so this holds the risk of being the one revealing the story to not be going where some were hoping it was.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 01:42:17 AM by Grade E cat »
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

tehta

• Ranger
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #3920 on: August 20, 2021, 03:03:10 AM »
Hello all.

I am new around here: I discovered SSSS just a couple of months ago. It hit me pretty hard, and I was inspired to write fanfic for the first time in many years.

Anyone who looks on Ao3 will probably have seen my works, but here are two links anyway.

Burned Wine, an Emil-focused genfic about the gang hanging out in Iceland: https://archiveofourown.org/works/33061711

Completely Normal, a generic, low-rated Emil/Lalli story also set in Iceland (multichapter, about to be finished): https://archiveofourown.org/works/32818117

And now for the real reason I wanted to post here: I do not have a beta, and this is slowly driving me insane, since I am not used to posting unbetaed content. It's not a question of grammar, since I can self-edit to a degree (even if I do keep finding typos after posting, sigh) but more paranoia over whether what I wrote is in character and makes sense. Would anyone be up for some sort of beta exchange?
fluent: :pl: :us:, conversational: :fr: :de:, can spy on conversations: :de: (:ch:) :it:, knows curses: so many others

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
« Reply #3921 on: August 20, 2021, 11:30:44 AM »
Hello tehta and welcome to the Forum! We also have an Introduction Thread on the General board, why don’t you pass by there too? (It’s not mandatory, just fun).

I read the two finished ones, and liked both very much! I did leave kudos too, I’m Jiiri on the Archive. Like you mentioned, On the Edge was not very dissimilar from many other Emilalli stories, in the other hand many of us LOVE Emilalli stories :) And I liked the way Tuuri was worried for Lalli.

I’m not sure whether I’ll be needing a beta anytime soon, but I’ll be happy to comment your writing if you’d like! I’m not native in English though. Anyways I have a few stories in the Archive and here, take a look and let me know by PM if you’d like my comments :)
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

tehta

• Ranger
« Reply #3922 on: August 20, 2021, 12:29:27 PM »
Hello tehta and welcome to the Forum! We also have an Introduction Thread on the General board, why don’t you pass by there too? (It’s not mandatory, just fun).

I read the two finished ones, and liked both very much! I did leave kudos too, I’m Jiiri on the Archive. Like you mentioned, On the Edge was not very dissimilar from many other Emilalli stories, in the other hand many of us LOVE Emilalli stories :) And I liked the way Tuuri was worried for Lalli.

I did not even link On the Edge here as I see it as more of a warm-up exercise for the pairing. I wrote it before reading many of the existing fanfics, and realizing that Adventure One is pretty much fully covered by fanfic writers (as well as being quite wonderful on its own). This is why I am now writing about Iceland. (As a writer, my goal is to write the stories I wish would exist. If they already exist, there is less need to write them...)

I’m not sure whether I’ll be needing a beta anytime soon, but I’ll be happy to comment your writing if you’d like! I’m not native in English though. Anyways I have a few stories in the Archive and here, take a look and let me know by PM if you’d like my comments :)

Ha, I know your stuff! I have read (and liked) your stories and am pretty sure I have commented on at least one before.

I might ping you then, about the unfinished story you haven't read? I should be done with the final chapter in the next few days, and like I said I don't necessarily need a grammar beta, more just a review of whether the characters/emotions make sense.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 12:41:17 PM by tehta »
fluent: :pl: :us:, conversational: :fr: :de:, can spy on conversations: :de: (:ch:) :it:, knows curses: so many others

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #3923 on: August 20, 2021, 01:15:41 PM »
Ok great! Hopefully I’ll find some time to write again too, I actually have an idea for my continuum that I should get cracking on. I was just reading my source material again this week, so maybe the story is stirring again.

Just let me know if or when you need me!

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Maple

« Reply #3924 on: August 27, 2021, 09:10:13 AM »
After two months I finally finished a fic I had been working on! I actually posted it to Ao3 last night but forgot to link it here before I went to sleep.

Love Grows in our Garden - A one-shot about Lalli and Emil's married life and how Lalli learns to emotionally connect with their child. (It's rated T/PG-13 because of one scene that implies Things happened, but nothing graphic is written there.)

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #3925 on: August 27, 2021, 01:17:43 PM »
Thank you for this, Maple! Lalli being Lalli again :)

I have another take on how they become fathers, here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/27689123/chapters/67762502

The most relevan chapters are 9 and 8 (this is the chronological order)

tehta

• Ranger
« Reply #3926 on: August 28, 2021, 07:12:10 AM »
I am suffering from a bad case of emilallitis right now (main symptom: constant excretion of shippy content).

So, here is a tiny ficlet starring Lalli and Tuuri-bird: https://archiveofourown.org/works/33470776/chapters/83312212
Come for the stupidity, stay for the valuable Swedish vocabulary!

And I almost forgot! With Jitter's valuable help, I was able to finish the last chapter of my longer (and very fluffy) fic, so it's now complete: https://archiveofourown.org/works/32818117
It was so much fun writing both of these weirdos.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 07:38:51 AM by tehta »

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3927 on: August 31, 2021, 11:28:11 PM »
Steady on, "excretion"?  XD
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

tehta

• Ranger
« Reply #3928 on: September 01, 2021, 03:57:31 AM »
In another place I said 'vomiting'. It's some sort of involuntary and not entirely welcome process. (Not entirely welcome because it's not convenient to keep getting stupid fic ideas all the time. Also shipper glasses make it very hard for me to judge my writing objectively, so I never know whether any of it is readable outside the context of my head.)

But maybe I should compare it to hiccups instead.

Anywayyy, here is another one I just posted, in which Sigrun torments Emil with personal questions. (Rated Teen for Sigrun's language and hand gestures): https://archiveofourown.org/works/33594331

tehta

• Ranger
« Reply #3929 on: September 06, 2021, 04:44:44 PM »
As part of my attempts to reach the Safe Zone, I will now link yet another (tiny) story, titled Everybody Lies:
https://archiveofourown.org/works/33470776/chapters/83811517

SURPRISE! There's emilalli in it. But the main reason for the story is to explain why everyone's noses keep growing throughout Adventure Two. Theory: it's all the lying.