Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 780395 times)

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2015, 04:50:19 AM »
So, I recently found a website that will generate a drabble (100-word piece of fic) for you using words you've given it, madlib-style. I decided to try it out using some SSSS-related things and the result was... interesting XDD

Read it HERE.

Or make your own.

Oh my gosh you used my metaphor :0 (feels very flattered for some reason) I just- I can't. I'm dying cx You ruined me.

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2015, 12:26:00 PM »
Oh my gosh you used my metaphor :0 (feels very flattered for some reason) I just- I can't. I'm dying cx You ruined me.
I've been using it a fair bit, actually! Probably should have asked you first, sorry~~
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2015, 12:51:11 PM »
I've been using it a fair bit, actually! Probably should have asked you first, sorry~~

Haha, really?? Pffft, you don't have to ask, it's not like I have a copyright on it or anything ;3

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2015, 05:31:48 AM »
I felt that as we haven't seen but a glimpse of our dearest enymies during the last pages, they should be given some space:

Prey

Long ago silence had settled like a thick blanket on the surrounding territory. Gusts of wind sometimes made faint noises, yet it was the growth of plants that would give what little sound there would be. Birds avoided the place and insects pretended not to exist, rather creeping slowly then merrily scrambling along. Once breathing, whistling and humming would be heard at light at last but all species in want of making it during dark avoided giving sounds of live. Belonging to the predetors meant boredom since the prey chose to play dead. If friction of any sorts was wanted during light, it was only due to chosing a sleephole allowing the piercing rays of light in. Besides that it was just letting the mind float through the unmoving silence.

Since one darkness it was different. On the light before some sounds from days long gone had been heard. brrrrmmm-tucktucktuck-brrrrrrm it went slowly moving towards the lightshelter. Many felt the difference and some even let themselves get hurt by light just to see what kind of toy was comming to them. Long had it been since some sort of bigger prey had been around and the memorie of their smells and noises nearly fainted. Yet after last darkness their smell was there, filling the nostrils of many, watering mouthes and keeping every muscle tensed. Impatiently waiting for getting to the prey first knowing that the others where in for competition let the tension all over the citiy grow until one sensing it could actually grab it. The prey seemed not to mind, steadily moving to the holes.

Being on the edge of bursting the predetor listend intendly to the prey's sounds. Not used to hearing sounds during light anymore it was unsure if it was to get the prize first. The intense smell stung in his nostrills raising excitement. Clearly now they were on their way to its darkhole! Having chased the others away long time ago it was his alone. The noise had settled down direclty in front of lightshielding surroundings and with the last rays faiding they where his alo... sensations exploded in the predator's head! The smell nearly turned to a sweet stench and all memories from ancient days were back at once. The taste of this prize to be was on the tongue already filling its mouth ... the prey was in its darkhole and entering a safeplace. Slowly it extended its tentacles carefully collecting every impulse given by the prey.

Yes! It was one of the best prizes to get. Moving, breathing and free of the others. One of them left the smell of fear but the predator was sure, this prey was not carefull enough to get away. Just waiting a little until the piercing rays were fewer and the prize was its!
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

SeaAngel

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2015, 09:06:04 AM »
I felt that as we haven't seen but a glimpse of our dearest enymies during the last pages, they should be given some space:

Prey

Long ago silence had settled like a thick blanket on the surrounding territory. Gusts of wind sometimes made faint noises, yet it was the growth of plants that would give what little sound there would be. Birds avoided the place and insects pretended not to exist, rather creeping slowly then merrily scrambling along. Once breathing, whistling and humming would be heard at light at last but all species in want of making it during dark avoided giving sounds of live. Belonging to the predetors meant boredom since the prey chose to play dead. If friction of any sorts was wanted during light, it was only due to chosing a sleephole allowing the piercing rays of light in. Besides that it was just letting the mind float through the unmoving silence.

Since one darkness it was different. On the light before some sounds from days long gone had been heard. brrrrmmm-tucktucktuck-brrrrrrm it went slowly moving towards the lightshelter. Many felt the difference and some even let themselves get hurt by light just to see what kind of toy was comming to them. Long had it been since some sort of bigger prey had been around and the memorie of their smells and noises nearly fainted. Yet after last darkness their smell was there, filling the nostrils of many, watering mouthes and keeping every muscle tensed. Impatiently waiting for getting to the prey first knowing that the others where in for competition let the tension all over the citiy grow until one sensing it could actually grab it. The prey seemed not to mind, steadily moving to the holes.

Being on the edge of bursting the predetor listend intendly to the prey's sounds. Not used to hearing sounds during light anymore it was unsure if it was to get the prize first. The intense smell stung in his nostrills raising excitement. Clearly now they were on their way to its darkhole! Having chased the others away long time ago it was his alone. The noise had settled down direclty in front of lightshielding surroundings and with the last rays faiding they where his alo... sensations exploded in the predator's head! The smell nearly turned to a sweet stench and all memories from ancient days were back at once. The taste of this prize to be was on the tongue already filling its mouth ... the prey was in its darkhole and entering a safeplace. Slowly it extended its tentacles carefully collecting every impulse given by the prey.

Yes! It was one of the best prizes to get. Moving, breathing and free of the others. One of them left the smell of fear but the predator was sure, this prey was not carefull enough to get away. Just waiting a little until the piercing rays were fewer and the prize was its!

Wow. Just... wow.
Fluent:
OK:

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2015, 01:47:18 PM »
Okay, I finally read through this thread and I'm so glad I did! Good job everyone!

Eris

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Lady of Chaos
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2015, 06:46:55 PM »
I'm afraid to read this thread. I'm afraid I will die of squee.

Cheesecake

• Don't think I didn't see what you did there
« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2015, 11:10:12 PM »

It is better to have died of squee than never squee at all.

That said, this thread is brilliant. I want to give you all hugs. \;D/
Native: :usa:
Learning-ish: :spain:
Want to learn: :germany: :sweden:
"Survived"
:book1+:
:chap6: :chap7:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2015, 12:32:51 AM »
Okay, I finally read through this thread and I'm so glad I did! Good job everyone!

*wipes single tear* My life's work is done...
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

partofacitygiant

« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2015, 10:03:08 PM »
Kex, that was great! I think I can get on with the story of the scout shortly but the pace must get faster since the story in total would have to be at least a year in total and now it's got about 6 hours in about 12 book pages  ;)
almost fluent, :finland: :uk:
barely listenable :sweden:
nearly gets :norway: :estonia:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2015, 03:43:22 PM »
So I'm playing with a D&D OC of mine, writing a story, and wanted to know if it would feel better for him to either
A)follow Lalli back to the Cattank
B)be chased by unidentifiable creature (a troll/beast) to the cattank
C) save Lalli and with his compainion's help follow Lalli's scent back to the cattank
D) somehow just find the Cattank/ find it's tracks and follow them

I want to start it during the night. More about my character;
Gilbert Byronson,
male,
 age unknown-late teens/early twenties,
Languages common (English?) and Elvin,
occupation Forest/melee/'Dancing' Ranger kinda a scout but more geared towards 'hunting',
personality is mostly quiet, almost introverted, intelligent but also clueless. He'd find Lalli interesting and most likely take him under his wing as a comrade, Emil would most likely get on his nerves, quite like his brother, but he'd see it as a result of inexperience rather than his brother's lack of social restraint, Tuuri would fascinate him, and he'd try his best to learn to speak to her (and Lalli) so he could learn what she knows and share his own knowledge, Sigrun would confuse him, and he'd be unlikely to follow her orders, but he wouldn't do anything that puts anyone in danger, as for Mikkel he'd most likely aviod, he's not very keen on the medical people, mostly due to what he's had done to him. And Braidy-not sure yet
His companion is a white dire wolf, the size of a horse (which would be immune due to it's odd bloodline) the pair would most likely take the role of 'day scout'

The story will be based from Gil's side, and possibly flip to Tuuri or Lalli's side too. It would be a lot of adjusting and learning to work with people that Gil can't understand.

And I really didn't foresee the amount of info dumping I was about to do. . .
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 10:53:32 PM by DancingRanger »
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

partofacitygiant

« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2015, 10:36:29 PM »
short additional bit, see how to get a handshake with Erkki the scout. http://archiveofourown.org/works/2814740/chapters/6656429
...And a bit for Sunday. Santeri gets some first-hand account on Silent World.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 01:17:17 AM by partofacitygiant »
almost fluent, :finland: :uk:
barely listenable :sweden:
nearly gets :norway: :estonia:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9:

Unwary

• Ranger
    • DeviantArt
  • Jack of all trades, Master of none
  • Preferred pronouns: He, Him, His.
« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2015, 12:46:11 PM »
Hmm, I haven't written a fanfic before but I might give it a try, will peruse this thread shortly.
Call me OMO, the wise ones do.

ruth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • pining for the fjords
« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2015, 03:30:46 PM »
so, with the first chapter of första kontakten, my swedish translation of "first contact"
done with the help of the amazing lars, i thought i would put together a little cast
list of the main characters that appear in the story. all the actors i picked were from
the same country as their characters, so they also aren't culturally too far off from
what i was envisioning when i came up with them. enjoy!

Fanny Valette – Claire Girard          Evelyne Brochu – Charlotte Bélanger

Annabella Piugattuk – Anna Okalik    Kiefer Sutherland – James Noseworthy
Principal mouthnoises: :spain: :uk: :norway:

ruth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • pining for the fjords
« Reply #104 on: January 30, 2015, 07:01:43 AM »
aaaand i know it's a double post, but chapter 4 of first contact is kicking around now. go check it out if you're interested!
Principal mouthnoises: :spain: :uk: :norway: