Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 775624 times)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #3120 on: April 15, 2017, 10:17:57 PM »
Not really a double post, just nobody's posted since my last post?  Anyway, my contribution for H in the alphabet challenge, "Hjälp Mig."  Yep, that one, the poor lady with the heart earrings on the train.  It's not a spoiler to say it doesn't have a happy ending.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/10638810
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #3121 on: April 17, 2017, 08:02:45 PM »
Aliax wrote yet another thing for the trans!Emil AU!

Stranger in a Strange Land

Previous stories in this continuity:

Step It Out Mary by Lazy8
Friends of a Friend by Aliax
Good Girls by Lazy8
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

LooNEY_DAC

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3122 on: April 19, 2017, 07:43:25 PM »
Here I go again...

Alphabet Soup
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent” fanfic collection
Series 1, Part 7
Complete Links to Complete Links post
Spoiler: A Good Night Out • show
Sigrun opened her eyes and immediately shut them again. A taste too foul to be put into words filled her mouth, she was sore all over, and several little men had gotten trapped inside her skull and were trying to dig their way out with pickaxes.

All in all, Sigrun figured the night must have been a success: she was in just enough pain to have had a rollicking good time, but not so much that she’d been wounded or anything. Once the men with the pickaxes finally made their escape, she’d be able to cut through the fog in her memory to confirm it.

Of course, that meant actually getting up, which was going to take some doing.

Step One: re-open the eyes. Sigrun squinted against the pain the light brought but kept her eyes cracked open.

The world slowly and blearily came into focus, and Sigrun wished it hadn’t. Staring back at her were three little gremlins with identical puzzled expressions, one of whom looked astonishingly like a scaled-down Emil.

They were still well over a meter away from her, and Sigrun could tell they hadn’t yet nerved themselves up to come closer, so she knew they hadn’t made any mischief yet.

That didn’t mean she couldn’t give them a little scare, just to remind them of what precisely they were risking.

“I seem to remember,” Sigrun stated calmly, “your mother telling you three that you shouldn’t walk into other people’s rooms while they’re asleep, and that Uncle Trond added that in Dalsnes such an invasion usually left the invader dead.”

As soon as the last syllable left her mouth, Sigrun leapt into action, and quite literally: in one swift bound, she jumped from the bed, flipped over the trio’s heads and flattened herself against the door, facing her stunned audience.

“I’m a Troll Hunter, kids; if I couldn’t fight my way out of situations worse than anything you three could come up with, and feeling worse than I am now to boot, I’d be dead long since.”

Sigrun opened the door and stood aside. “Now get out.”

The three little Västerströms almost bounced off of Mikkel as he made to enter.

“What’s the damage, Mikkel?”

“Actually, we’re ahead by about five thousand kronor; you have a standing invitation to fight at the bar; and I have a position there as a bouncer, if I like.”

The memories were starting to bubble to the surface now. “Oh, yeah.” Sigrun grinned. “I didn’t think I’d find a place like that in this snotty Swede city.”

“I believe those are the exact words that got that first fight started last night,” Mikkel mused. “Emil was mortified, you know, as he couldn’t choose whether to stand up for you or for the honor of Mora (and that of Sweden, by extension).”

“I’d’a flattened him, too,” Sigrun remarked.

“And well he knows it, but that wasn’t at all what held him back. If you’ll recall, he was the one to take down the behemoth with all those tattoos, though it took him a few tries.” Mikkel paused. “Or were you too preoccupied with that third skirmish to notice?”

“Oh, I saw Sparkles take him down; I just thought Twigs or Short Stuff had softened him up a little first.”

They were too busy protecting the bar from all the debris flying its way.”

Sigrun grinned again. “The wise one never gets between a Finn and their booze.”

“Indeed.” Mikkel stepped out of the doorway. “I have something made up in the kitchen to help with your head, if you’d like.”

Sigrun nodded. Though the adrenalin rush of confronting the trio had slowed them down for a bit, now the little men were at it again at full bore. As they walked to the kitchen and the promised relief, Sigrun asked, “Did Emil manage to go the whole night without lighting something up?”

“He and Lalli made a little blaze outside using the behemoth’s prize jacket; the owner of the bar was fine with it as long as they kept it out of the bar and under control.”

“All in all, I’d say we found ourselves a place to go in Mora if we want a good night out. What was it called, anyway?”

Mikkel was smirking. “A Good Night Out, naturally.”

Spoiler: Authorial Notes • show
Yep; it’s another Sig&Mik morning after bit.

But I figured I could get away with it.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 08:04:22 PM by LooNEY_DAC »

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #3123 on: April 19, 2017, 07:54:15 PM »
Yeeeeeees, yes to all the Sigrun goes drinking stories. The best parts are where you don't fill in all the details, but drop just enough hints for us to get an idea of just how wild the crew's night got.

Buteo

• Ranger
« Reply #3124 on: April 19, 2017, 08:21:57 PM »
All the fantastic fics recently! I've been remiss!

LooNEY, Lazy8 (and Lazy vice Aliax), Wavewright, Windy, you all make my heart glad, including the heartbreaking stories - plus everyone else who has been writing and posting since... whenever it was!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3125 on: April 19, 2017, 09:41:03 PM »
Here I go again...

Alphabet Soup
Series 1, Part 7
Spoiler: A Good Night Out • show
Sigrun opened her eyes and immediately shut them again. A taste too foul to be put into words filled her mouth, she was sore all over, and several little men had gotten trapped inside her skull and were trying to dig their way out with pickaxes.

All in all, Sigrun figured the night must have been a success: she was in just enough pain to have had a rollicking good time, but not so much that she’d been wounded or anything. Once the men with the pickaxes finally made their escape, she’d be able to cut through the fog in her memory to confirm it.

Of course, that meant actually getting up, which was going to take some doing.

Step One: re-open the eyes. Sigrun squinted against the pain the light brought but kept her eyes cracked open.

The world slowly and blearily came into focus, and Sigrun wished it hadn’t. Staring back at her were three little gremlins with identical puzzled expressions, one of whom looked astonishingly like a scaled-down Emil.

They were still well over a meter away from her, and Sigrun could tell they hadn’t yet nerved themselves up to come closer, so she knew they hadn’t made any mischief yet.

That didn’t mean she couldn’t give them a little scare, just to remind them of what precisely they were risking.

“I seem to remember,” Sigrun stated calmly, “your mother telling you three that you shouldn’t walk into other people’s rooms while they’re asleep, and that Uncle Trond added that in Dalsnes such an invasion usually left the invader dead.”

As soon as the last syllable left her mouth, Sigrun leapt into action, and quite literally: in one swift bound, she jumped from the bed, flipped over the trio’s heads and flattened herself against the door, facing her stunned audience.

“I’m a Troll Hunter, kids; if I couldn’t fight my way out of situations worse than anything you three could come up with, and feeling worse than I am now to boot, I’d be dead long since.”

Sigrun opened the door and stood aside. “Now get out.”

The three little Västerströms almost bounced off of Mikkel as he made to enter.

“What’s the damage, Mikkel?”

“Actually, we’re ahead by about five thousand kronor; you have a standing invitation to fight at the bar; and I have a position there as a bouncer, if I like.”

The memories were starting to bubble to the surface now. “Oh, yeah.” Sigrun grinned. “I didn’t think I’d find a place like that in this snotty Swede city.”

“I believe those are the exact words that got that first fight started last night,” Mikkel mused. “Emil was mortified, you know, as he couldn’t choose whether to stand up for you or for the honor of Mora (and that of Sweden, by extension).”

“I’d’a flattened him, too,” Sigrun remarked.

“And well he knows it, but that wasn’t at all what held him back. If you’ll recall, he was the one to take down the behemoth with all those tattoos, though it took him a few tries.” Mikkel paused. “Or were you too preoccupied with that third skirmish to notice?”

“Oh, I saw Sparkles take him down; I just thought Twigs or Short Stuff had softened him up a little first.”

They were too busy protecting the bar from all the debris flying its way.”

Sigrun grinned again. “The wise one never gets between a Finn and their booze.”

“Indeed.” Mikkel stepped out of the doorway. “I have something made up in the kitchen to help with your head, if you’d like.”

Sigrun nodded. Though the adrenalin rush of confronting the trio had slowed them down for a bit, now the little men were at it again at full bore. As they walked to the kitchen and the promised relief, Sigrun asked, “Did Emil manage to go the whole night without lighting something up?”

“He and Lalli made a little blaze outside using the behemoth’s prize jacket; the owner of the bar was fine with it as long as they kept it out of the bar and under control.”

“All in all, I’d say we found ourselves a place to go in Mora if we want a good night out. What was it called, anyway?”

Mikkel was smirking. “A Good Night Out, naturally.”

Yep; it’s another Sig&Mik morning after bit.

But I figured I could get away with it.

*snerk* So many Good lines, dropped so casual-like. 
<blue-sky speculation>I wonder what tattoo motifs are popular in Y90?</blue-sky speculation>

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #3126 on: April 20, 2017, 05:22:21 PM »
<blue-sky speculation>I wonder what tattoo motifs are popular in Y90?</blue-sky speculation>
I'ld bet that they dropped red ink entirely ...
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3127 on: April 20, 2017, 11:27:04 PM »
Right-o, next chapter in the Reynir superhero saga has landed - "Flames."  Tuuri & co get a briefing on their way to the rescue, and Emil has fun torching the village, so much fun that the inhabitants come out too.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6610714/chapters/23665287

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #3128 on: April 21, 2017, 09:28:13 AM »
...so who here is ready to get their heart ripped out again? Because I'm starting the second part of the challenge, and it's starting as a continuation of this and this.

An Act of Kindness

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #3129 on: April 21, 2017, 11:25:29 AM »
Well, hopefully I'm not stepping on wavewright62's toes here.

And Yuuago should not read this, because fire.

Alphabet Soup
Series 2, Part 7
Spoiler: Great Geats! • show
The warehouse was an inferno, utterly engulfed in flames. All around it, people were fleeing from the terrible heat, some assisted by the overwhelmed firefighters battling the blaze. Most of their efforts were concentrated on preventing the fire from spreading; the warehouse itself was deemed a lost cause.

Over the roar of the flames came the sound of maniacal laughter. “COWER, YOU FOOLS, FOR THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING! SOON, YOUR ENTIRE CITY WILL GO UP IN FLAMES, COURTESY OF... OLSEN THE INCENDIARY!” Then, in an aside, the voice muttered, “Hmmmm. Probably ‘your city will burn to cinders courtesy of Olsen the Incendiary’ would have been better there. Oh, well.”

Into the conflagration ran THE NORSE AVENGERS, Captain Sparkle in the lead and his faithful team-mates close behind!

The heat was intense, but not enough to overcome the Scarlet-Braided Wizard’s protection on them, so they set to work, using the cold guns War Mechanic had made for them to douse the raging flames!

“WHAT’S THIS? DO YOU DARE TO CHALLENGE OLSEN THE INCENDIARY? THEN YOU SHALL FIND THE DOOM YOU HAVE CHOSEN! FIRELINGS, ATTACK!”

A mass of tiny flames danced into view, re-starting the fires everywhere they went. It only took a moment for Lall-Eye to nock another Tuuri Special to his bow and let it fly into their midst.

While the cold burst extinguished many of the attackers, the rest scattered, and there were enough of them left to give THE NORSE AVENGERS a very hard time of it. While the Incredible Bulk could mash any number of them beneath his mass, they kept dancing out of the way as he tried, the other AVENGERS herding them back into his kill zone while dealing with the renewed blazes these ‘Firelings’ left in their wake.

Eventually, though, the little sparks had all been dealt with, and THE NORSE AVENGERS were on the move again, extinguishing the parts of the warehouse that still burned within a few moments and barreling down into the basement lair of OLSEN THE INCENDIARY!

“FOOLS! DO YOU THINK THOSE WERE MY ONLY DEFENSE AGAINST SUCH AS YOU? I HAVE MANY MORE TRICKS UP MY SLEEVES, SUCH AS THIS ONE!”

Immediately, a strange blue mist surrounded THE NORSE AVENGERS, blurring out the world around them! With the mist came a horrid vertigo: it most keenly affected Lall-Eye, who fell to his knees with his hands over his mouth; but none of the others were unaffected by it.

When the weird misty effect finally cleared and Lall-Eye had struggled to his feet, THE NORSE AVENGERS found themselves staring at... themselves, but not themselves.

The six people staring back at them were wearing some kind of uniform, with the exception of Reynir, who was wearing Icelandic civilian garb; but all their clothes had seen better days, the clumsy repairs evident in the bright light of the room they were in.

Captain Sparkle was the first to realize what had happened. “So,” he said calmly, “we’ve been shifted into another reality, have we?”

The other Sigrun nodded and opened her mouth to speak...

Dare I say it...

“Bulk Mash!”

Oh, and it’s a crossover of crossovers, because they just fell into the Abzar Sector--and thus, the Paratime crossover.

This means, of course, that more will be recounted of this.

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3130 on: April 21, 2017, 02:25:00 PM »
Paratime! Yay! Good one, LooNEY.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #3131 on: April 21, 2017, 03:46:02 PM »
Anyone ordered an extra entry in Lazy8's Transman!Emil medieval fantasy AU? No one? Well, I prepared one anyway, so here you go.

Time to adjust

I made Emil's situation evolve quite a lot compared to previous entries, so to compensate I'm having it happen a few years after the existing ones. And I'm bringing back someone from the original one-shot!
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #3132 on: April 21, 2017, 08:00:11 PM »
The LooNEYness continues...

Alphabet Soup
Series 3, Part 7
Spoiler: The Ghosts and Mister Reynir • show
Once there was a village in the middle of the big, dark, scary forest. Mostly the villagers stayed at home, because the big, dark, scary forest was full of wolves and bears and Bear Warriors. You would be safe if you kept to the path that went through the big, dark, scary forest, though; still, most of the villagers stayed at home.

Of course, it was difficult to stay at home when your home was haunted, as Reynir Árnason found out. He had come into the village one day seeking his fortune, and had promptly stumbled into one: there was a house in the village that had stood empty, as everybody knew it was haunted, even though the last owner’s will granted the house and everything in it to the first person who could spend an entire night there and live.

Reynir had promptly declared that he would stay the night in the empty house, and live in it thereafter, and he had done so, despite the ghosts that cohabited there.

The first ghost to show itself had been that of an old pastor’s wife who had fallen to The Plague long ago; Reynir thought her very nice, and was sad to see her fade after they had had a few nice chats.

The second ghost was not so nice--at least at first. It showed up first as an owl that liked to perch on the living room mantelpiece and stare at Reynir judgmentally. Eventually, it showed itself as a large, brooding man with grey-blond hair and light eyes who still stared at Reynir judgmentally.

After what seemed like a very long time indeed, Reynir managed to start a conversation with this ghost, whose name was “Onni”. “Onni” didn’t like talking much, but Reynir was very good at talking to anyone who would listen, so they talked.

It was during one of their later conversations that the third ghost showed up. This ghost called itself “Tuuri”, and was much more personable than “Onni”, who claimed that he and “Tuuri” were brother and sister. They looked enough alike for it to be so, so Reynir shrugged and kept talking to them whenever they were around.

Reynir liked talking to “Tuuri”, and it seemed like she enjoyed talking to him; if the disapproving looks “Onni” kept giving them were any guide, “Onni” thought “Tuuri” enjoyed them all too much.

One day, though, Reynir asked about the last person who had owned the house, and what had happened to him.

“Oh, him,” “Tuuri” said dismissively. “He was a really shouty guy named Olsen, and he didn’t like ghosts at all.”

“Onni” stated calmly, “He tried to exorcise the lot of us at every turn--and he succeeded with some of us; that’s why I kept Tuuri away until I knew you wouldn’t try to hurt her.”

“To be fair,” “Tuuri” continued, “some of the others didn’t take the exorcisms very well--they tried to kill him, even.” She shuddered. “Fortunately, they didn’t succeed, or we might have had to put up with him being one of us!”

“Perish the thought,” “Onni” muttered. Then he told Reynir, “Actually, being killed ‘by a ghost’”--he put mocking air quotes around the phrase-- “won’t make you become a ghost yourself; it’s a common myth among us, no matter how often it’s disproved.”

“Tuuri” looked disconsolate all of a sudden, but Reynir was able to perk her back up without much trouble.

All in all, Reynir reflected after he went to bed, it was an odd but not bad life. And who knew what interesting conversations the next day would bring...

I lik the crack
That I hav writ
Tho it be wyrd
I doo lik it

Anna

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • A majestic circle cat
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #3133 on: April 21, 2017, 08:43:33 PM »
I lik the crack
That I hav writ
Tho it be wyrd
I doo lik it
*liks the crack too*
Hmm... Bear Warriors in the woods... is this in any way connected to the Goldilocks Emil story and prequel(s)?
:chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:
:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
:book2::book3::book4:

And remember what peace there may be in silence.

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #3134 on: April 21, 2017, 08:45:17 PM »
*liks the crack too*
Hmm... Bear Warriors in the woods... is this in any way connected to the Goldilocks Emil story and prequel(s)?
Yep.

...They might just get together someday.