Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 787237 times)

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #3105 on: April 10, 2017, 03:35:37 PM »
I got flashbacks to that scene from Hot Fuzz. Poor Emil, what a nasty way to go!

Should teach him to stay away from tall towers though!
Also, never heard of Hot Fuzz but I'm going to assume it's a good thing \o/
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Abprallen

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • The Frenchiest of Fries
« Reply #3106 on: April 10, 2017, 04:27:34 PM »
Should teach him to stay away from tall towers though!
Also, never heard of Hot Fuzz but I'm going to assume it's a good thing \o/
Ah, sorry! Hot Fuzz is a police movie, kind of a cult classic in England. It's very funny but also pretty grim. Let's just say something similar happened in that movie! I would post a video of the scene but uh, pretty not safe for life.
R.I.P Emil; it only takes once.

Abprallen

• Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3107 on: April 11, 2017, 05:19:44 PM »
Windfighter, very cute!

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #3108 on: April 13, 2017, 07:15:37 AM »
aww, thank you!

And to prove that that story wasn't just a fluke and that I can actually write stories without torturing Emil, have this one inspired by the comment section:

Title: For Onni
Summary: Reynir wakes up in the dreamworld and makes a new visit to the church and to Onni. However, he ends up in the sanctuary of yet another mage.
Rating: T (but can probably pass as K+, I'm terrible bad at ratings)
Warnings: uuuuh... weird Finnish mage?

I will happily take the blame for this (though really, I think Aliax deserves more credit).

Very sweet, very Reynir and very Onni. (I remember when I wrote Reynir doing the impossible it was quite a bit more cracky, but you made it work like this just fine.)
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3109 on: April 13, 2017, 07:37:58 AM »
I will happily take the blame for this (though really, I think Aliax deserves more credit).

Very sweet, very Reynir and very Onni. (I remember when I wrote Reynir doing the impossible it was quite a bit more cracky, but you made it work like this just fine.)
awww, thank you! <3
As for the blame, well... Yes, Aliax gave me the idea for the story but it was your comment that got me to actually write it so I'd say you're both pretty equally blamed this time!

Also, hey, making the impossible work is kind of our jobs as authors, isn't it? :D

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #3110 on: April 14, 2017, 09:37:28 AM »
I know I've written some offbeat things in the past. But this one... just might lose me my Writer Card.

(Warning: both the song and the story contain brief, nongraphic mentions of rape, incest, and bestiality in a mythological context.)

Zeus vs. Thor

*throws Writer Card on the table and flees*
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Gaemmel

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3111 on: April 14, 2017, 02:48:51 PM »
Before I descend into the madness that will be my easter weekend...

I finally managed to continue this thing I started quite a while ago. I am not even more determined to finish it someday. http://archiveofourown.org/works/8326516/chapters/23504070
I'm the left one on the picture.

Fluent: :germany: :uk:
In school I had: :france: :spain:
Some words and phrases: :japan:
Learning: :sweden:

:chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Abprallen

• Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3112 on: April 14, 2017, 08:07:53 PM »
Windfighter, that hurt so good <3 but poor Lalli! I wonder how long he'd skritch at the door for until he realised something was wrong?

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3113 on: April 14, 2017, 09:54:34 PM »
Windy, your writing gets better with every story! But maybe the links to these particular stories should go in the 'Mature' thread? A couple of the local teenagers who read everything in the Scriptorium are finding these particular tales a bit disturbing. I did suggest they not read any of your stuff in case they get one of the 'death' stories, but they enjoy your other stories. I know you warn for character death, but, you know, teenagers......
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3114 on: April 15, 2017, 05:14:09 AM »
*sigh* I wish people could tell me when they felt like that *shakes head* But I can't post them on the mature forum, I'm not there and I don't plan to move there (because sexy stuff. I don't deal well with that). I started the warnings for people like that blast it!

I'm sorry, whoever you are that gets disturbed by my writing. I will stop posting them here so you won't feel the need to read them <3
Future apologizes to those of you who wants me to post them, I guess I can't make everyone happy.

I'm also sorry that I've given you the impression that you can't tell me if I make you uneasy. I won't bite if you do. I will most likely even respect your wishes and stop making you uneasy.
I'm not actually an evil person (even though my actions towards Emil might speak differently), nothing bad will happen if you tell me to cool it and just post the fluffy stories.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 05:27:57 AM by Windfighter »

Róisín

« Reply #3115 on: April 15, 2017, 05:27:02 AM »
Windy, how about I just push harder on the local teens to read the tags better, or just avoid your stuff altogether? I don't mind it myself, but for some of the local kids I seem to have been elected 'in loco grandparentis', so thought I should mention it in case you were able to use the mature board. It is far from my wish to discourage a writer who is improving as fast as you are!

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3116 on: April 15, 2017, 06:01:45 AM »
Nah, it's okay, I've deleted the "How do you want to die"-collection from the thread (as far as I could anyway) and I'll just avoid posting it and any other angst/tragedy/non-fluffy stories I write in here.

If there's any teen in here who's as desperate for angst and tragedy as I was when I was your age they'll still be posted on ff.net, they just won't be linked here. Deal? <3

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #3117 on: April 15, 2017, 06:46:01 AM »
Okay, finally finished that one-shot! Now I can let it rest a little and go back to writing and publishing my regular thing.

Three for the price of one: Chapter 6
A little explanation on the surprise cast member, and a cat burial becoming a little more plot relevant than in canon. I remember almost making myself cry when I first came up with these, so possible tearjerker warning.
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

Róisín

« Reply #3118 on: April 15, 2017, 07:48:50 AM »
Grade E Cat, that's a sad and clever twist to the chapter. I will be interested to see more of the story.

Windy, I'm sorry to put you to trouble. I don't think their parents will let them read something like ffnet, so that's okay. The kids in question are 14, 15 and sixteen. The reason I suggested the Mature board is that they couldn't access that, and while there is a section for sexy stuff, there are also separate sections for gore and for horror. You wouldn't need to read the erotica to use the board. In any case, it's not a problem for which I can offer them anything more than advice, since I'm no kin to them, just the only adult in their circle who won't laugh at them for being upset over something they read in the adjuncts to a webcomic.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3119 on: April 15, 2017, 05:44:03 PM »
Nah, it's okay, I've deleted the "How do you want to die"-collection from the thread (as far as I could anyway) and I'll just avoid posting it and any other angst/tragedy/non-fluffy stories I write in here.

If there's any teen in here who's as desperate for angst and tragedy as I was when I was your age they'll still be posted on ff.net, they just won't be linked here. Deal? <3

I don't know if I like that solution, the self-censorship angle is not a road I'd really like to go down.  You do post warnings, and as someone who generally dislikes gore or violence, I then avoid those stories, or conversely go to them with an open mind (since sometimes realllly good stories come from that place).  But that is my choice.
}hugs{ to Windfighter
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior