Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 779485 times)

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #3075 on: April 01, 2017, 12:09:21 AM »
The increasingly-inaccurately-titled 'Khalasar of the Iron Tiger' has a new chapter!
This one with Hodor.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/7707919/chapters/23204451
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #3076 on: April 01, 2017, 03:53:40 AM »
The monthly update of The Index is complete. I've added a feature to mark new releases, in addition to another list to keep track of series. So if anyone's got a series they'd like to add that I managed to miss, feel free to request it on the index or contact me directly.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #3077 on: April 01, 2017, 09:37:25 AM »
Because I had to adjust a few things for one of the chapters, you are getting a double feature from me today:

First up, Broken bridges: Chapter 14

All I can find to say about this chapter is that I came up with the whole "crew may end up in jail if they come back" thing before Sleipnope's threats happened in the original comic, so I'm hoping to make these two plot threads interact in an interesting way.

Second, just finished writing a chapter of my newer story yesterday, so time to publish part of the backlog:
Three for the price of one: Chapter 3

This somehow ended up being mostly an exposition chapter, so sorry for the slow pace.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 10:51:58 AM by Grade E cat »
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #3078 on: April 01, 2017, 10:45:44 AM »
This whole trans!Emil AU is taking on a life of its own. So much so that I took a brief break from Alphabet Soup to hammer this out. (No break from the music, though...)

Good Girls

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #3079 on: April 01, 2017, 11:11:12 AM »
This whole trans!Emil AU is taking on a life of its own. So much so that I took a brief break from Alphabet Soup to hammer this out. (No break from the music, though...)

Good Girls

I'm personally very happy it is. I definitely see potential in this one, so I would have been sad if it had remained a single one-shot.
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #3080 on: April 01, 2017, 01:23:54 PM »
The increasingly-inaccurately-titled 'Khalasar of the Iron Tiger'

Yeah, things kinda went off the rails after I suggested the whole "the original canon is their fates and with the injection of the SSSS crew + oc's we've got chaos fighting fate" idea.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

LooNEY_DAC

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3081 on: April 01, 2017, 11:46:19 PM »
Did someone call for a Hero?

The Red Herring League
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent”/Superhero AU fanfic
Part 10
Complete Links to Complete Links post
Prior part
Spoiler: Higher for Heroes • show
This is what it means to be a Hero:

You are loved and hated, cheered and feared; sometimes all at once; sometimes by the same people.

Your life is not your own; it belongs to those you protect.

You fight hideous monsters sometimes, but mostly just grosslings.

You know people who went into the fire and never returned.

At some point, no matter how strong or fast or invulnerable you are, you will walk into a battle you think you’re going to lose, because you’re the only one who can.

Sigrun Eide calmly assessed the ruin the grossling had made of her left arm as she faced down the Sjødraug that had followed it. The flesh was shredded and useless, but the bones were intact, and she had staunched the bleeding, so it wouldn’t be the death of her.

This kind of pain was a new experience for Sigrun, but she was still stronger than it; she had to be, for the others were all equally hurt, or worse. The Red Terror was the last Hero standing.

Well, Sigrun reflected grimly, now was the time to see whether she could beat a Sjødraug with one hand tied behind her back after all...

Emil was being smothered.

Somehow, Emil was generally still able to breathe when he was the Firework, even through the fiercest and hottest flames, though no one had been able to give a satisfactory explanation of how beyond, “He just can”. Now, however, his flames had died, and he was struggling for breath as a sea of halon foam enveloped him.

The others, bunched up in a group not far from him, were all freezing under the blast of the Cold Ray, but Emil knew that he could save them with his fire... if he could just get it to ignite.

He just needed to shield some part of himself from this foam smothering him in its bitter cold...

Mikkel was hip-deep in a field of corpses. The dead surrounded him, and he was the one who had killed them all. He knew every face that stared blindly back at him: there were colleagues, friends, family, and even a few enemies. All of them had had people who loved them and were loved by them; none had done such crimes as to be deserving of the death Mikkel had visited upon them.

The Grave Dane was a true enough epithet for him, for he’d sent all these corpses around him into their graves; it was unsurprising that now they had risen to drag him into his own grave.

Mikkel felt them clawing at him, trying to lift his bulk so that they could carry him over to the fresh maw in the earth that he could see close by...

Lalli was racing to deflect a hail of bullets spewing from an ancient mini-gun away from his friends, who were bound against a wall. There were so many coming so fast that if he made the least mistake, his friends would perish.

His body wasn’t solid enough to absorb all the fire by itself, or he would have thrown himself over the muzzle, but there were other ways to silence such a weapon.

Lalli would need to set the angles of the ricochet he was planning perfectly to send one of the gun’s own bullets back at its muzzle, but the need to deflect all the others kept distracting him...

Reynir was watching his friends and family die, and he had no power to stop it, for he was doing the killing himself.

The mastermind had brought Reynir under his control instead of making him play dead, while freezing the others in place. Emil had faced this same test and overcome it, but Reynir was not as strong as Emil.

Reynir’s primary power was helping rather than anything big or flashy, so the body of Reynir under the mastermind’s control simply taped each of his friends’ mouths and nostrils shut and helped them suffocate, while Reynir himself watched on helplessly from the prison of his mind.

Despair filled Reynir as the others fell over one by one...

Tuuri watched helplessly as the Giant she had been merged into ran rampant against a group of terrified humans. She tried to scream at them to flee, but her voice would not come. Instead, her arms and legs and other obscene appendages reached out to tear at their prey.

“jOin Us, tUuRi,” she heard the hideous whisper slither into her mind once more. “yOu CaNnOt ReSiSt Us FoREvEr.”

Closing her eyes, Tuuri set her will, no, her entire being in negation. “I am Tuuri Hotakainen!” she cried desperately. “I AM TUURI HOTAKAINEN! I AM TUURI HOTAKAINEN AND I... AM... HUMAN!

Reality was no match for Tuuri’s will; as it had so often before, Reality gave way for her.

A great, unutterable rumbling filled the world. The Rash-filth sloughed off of her like mud under a high-pressure shower head, and “Reality Itself” cracked around her, the illusion it was proving itself to be shattering and falling away to reveal...

Spoiler: Authorial Notes • show
Wait, I’m updating this?????

OK, then.

In other news, it’s never a good idea to mess with the mind of a Reality Warper.

Water is also wet.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3082 on: April 02, 2017, 07:05:59 AM »
I'm posting my contribution for G in the Alphabet Soup, even though it may be a bit of a mess. 
Spoiler: "Gefjon" • show
http://archiveofourown.org/works/10524495
This took a lot more research than I thought it might, just for a little cracky story about Reynir letting down his hair and helping Tuuri.  I discovered reference to the fountain by the Kastellet of Gefion, and it all sort of went from there.

I'm going to bed.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #3083 on: April 02, 2017, 07:38:40 PM »
Alphabet Soup
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent” fanfic collection
Series 2, Part 6
Spoiler: For Envy of Ensi • show
Ensi Hotakainen never had time for false modesty. This was what doomed her, and her family, in the end.

Even in the wreckage of the Old World, some of the habits and patterns of old lingered on. The Finns never bragged about their achievements; they tended to downplay them instead, lest they draw a kade onto themselves.

Truly, Ensi preferred just to stay away from people, as they were mostly stupid and weird and thus incomprehensible; when she was among them, she had no time (or spoons, as Aunt Kaino always called them for some weird reason or other--stupid weird relatives) for their stupid weird games, which were many and varied, but all stupid and weird at their base. So she never downplayed anything she’d done, though she never bragged about her deeds either. She was simply honest about them.

There were strange faces at the meeting when Ensi gave her report, but that in itself was not unusual, as those transients who might need the information were invited to receive it “from the horse’s mouth”, another saying that baffled Ensi. Ensi tried not to look at them as she told of where the grosslings were today, how many she’d killed, whether any had gotten away from her, and where any that still lived were headed.

The report itself was fairly standard; the reaction to it was decidedly not. One of the new faces had grown redder and redder as Ensi made her report; she was beginning to get alarmed when the person jumped to their feet and started screaming at Ensi.

“You think you’re so safe because you’re immune, and because you have your precious magic! Well, you’re wrong! I’ll show you just how wrong you are!”

Ensi had absolutely no idea how to react to this vitriolic outpouring, so she just stood there, unmoving and with a blank look on her face, for a very long time. This was just... weird; it was too weird to be stupid, even. Even after it was explained to her that the person had lost their entire family to a troll attack and infections that had followed, Ensi still had no idea why this would impel the person to curse Ensi for things she never chose to have, could never give to another, and sometimes regretted having at all.

No, Ensi never truly understood the envy she’d unwittingly engendered, even as she dealt with the consequences of that envy over the years thereafter.

Ensi felt when It happened, of course: no mage of her rank could miss such a massive shift in the forces around them unless they had willingly blinded themselves to it; Ensi, being a scout, could not afford to let herself be blind to anything. While she felt It happen, she could do almost nothing to counter It as It happened, as she didn’t comprehend Its source. Ensi found out later that if she had known to be watchful for It, she might have been able to prevent It right at Its onset.

All that was water under the bridge now, and had been for years, with all Ensi’s other lamented failures and mistakes. All Ensi could do now was to try to minimize the damage that seemed to escalate with each new confrontation that she and It had.

During their last confrontation, Ensi had realized that It just might be the death of her.

While Ensi was resigned to the inevitability of her own death, the horror that confronted her was: what if her death didn’t satisfy It? What if It could not be satisfied or sated in any way, by anything? What if Ensi died fighting It, but It survived that last battle?

What if It came after Ensi’s family after she was dead and unable to ward them?

All this and more might yet follow for envy of Ensi...

And this one’s finally done.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #3084 on: April 03, 2017, 09:17:08 AM »
Branching into some family members and canon romance. Yay?

Violet Hill

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3085 on: April 03, 2017, 06:34:44 PM »
Alphabet Soup
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent” fanfic collection
Series 2, Part 6
Spoiler: For Envy of Ensi • show
Ensi Hotakainen never had time for false modesty. This was what doomed her, and her family, in the end.

Even in the wreckage of the Old World, some of the habits and patterns of old lingered on. The Finns never bragged about their achievements; they tended to downplay them instead, lest they draw a kade onto themselves.

Truly, Ensi preferred just to stay away from people, as they were mostly stupid and weird and thus incomprehensible; when she was among them, she had no time (or spoons, as Aunt Kaino always called them for some weird reason or other--stupid weird relatives) for their stupid weird games, which were many and varied, but all stupid and weird at their base. So she never downplayed anything she’d done, though she never bragged about her deeds either. She was simply honest about them.

There were strange faces at the meeting when Ensi gave her report, but that in itself was not unusual, as those transients who might need the information were invited to receive it “from the horse’s mouth”, another saying that baffled Ensi. Ensi tried not to look at them as she told of where the grosslings were today, how many she’d killed, whether any had gotten away from her, and where any that still lived were headed.

The report itself was fairly standard; the reaction to it was decidedly not. One of the new faces had grown redder and redder as Ensi made her report; she was beginning to get alarmed when the person jumped to their feet and started screaming at Ensi.

“You think you’re so safe because you’re immune, and because you have your precious magic! Well, you’re wrong! I’ll show you just how wrong you are!”

Ensi had absolutely no idea how to react to this vitriolic outpouring, so she just stood there, unmoving and with a blank look on her face, for a very long time. This was just... weird; it was too weird to be stupid, even. Even after it was explained to her that the person had lost their entire family to a troll attack and infections that had followed, Ensi still had no idea why this would impel the person to curse Ensi for things she never chose to have, could never give to another, and sometimes regretted having at all.

No, Ensi never truly understood the envy she’d unwittingly engendered, even as she dealt with the consequences of that envy over the years thereafter.

Ensi felt when It happened, of course: no mage of her rank could miss such a massive shift in the forces around them unless they had willingly blinded themselves to it; Ensi, being a scout, could not afford to let herself be blind to anything. While she felt It happen, she could do almost nothing to counter It as It happened, as she didn’t comprehend Its source. Ensi found out later that if she had known to be watchful for It, she might have been able to prevent It right at Its onset.

All that was water under the bridge now, and had been for years, with all Ensi’s other lamented failures and mistakes. All Ensi could do now was to try to minimize the damage that seemed to escalate with each new confrontation that she and It had.

During their last confrontation, Ensi had realized that It just might be the death of her.

While Ensi was resigned to the inevitability of her own death, the horror that confronted her was: what if her death didn’t satisfy It? What if It could not be satisfied or sated in any way, by anything? What if Ensi died fighting It, but It survived that last battle?

What if It came after Ensi’s family after she was dead and unable to ward them?

All this and more might yet follow for envy of Ensi...

And this one’s finally done.

Chilling.  It also reminds me of the idea of not bragging lest a kade grow envious - in canon, Tuuri has just let rip with a bit of self-congratulation.  Maybe she has no f***s left to give?  Or is this Chekov's exclamation?  *fret*  What indeed may come to Ensi's family...
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #3086 on: April 04, 2017, 09:14:33 AM »
*preemptively hands out a massive box of tissues*

White Night Fantasy

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3087 on: April 05, 2017, 07:12:04 AM »
Windy! Why?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3088 on: April 05, 2017, 09:16:27 AM »
Róisín, I think the question is "why not?" 8D
Okay, no, it's just, I said when I accepted the Alphabet Soup challenge that I needed to find 70-something ways to kill Emil. At least I've lowered it to 26 now!
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #3089 on: April 05, 2017, 09:26:03 AM »
Róisín, I think the question is "why not?" 8D
Okay, no, it's just, I said when I accepted the Alphabet Soup challenge that I needed to find 70-something ways to kill Emil. At least I've lowered it to 26 now!

*shakes head* I think that you've actually managed to beat me for sadism. Even I got sick of killing Sigrun eventually. *bows and yields Sadism Throne*