Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 778676 times)

OwlsG0

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #2955 on: February 16, 2017, 01:37:26 AM »
*dramatic fanfare* I'm back! I tried writing again, since everyone else is producing such good, engaging stuff. It's a weird story with a weird title, a mythological presence and a lot of unnecessary sass, as per usual for me.

Here we go!

http://archiveofourown.org/works/9787259/chapters/21979622
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #2956 on: February 16, 2017, 07:56:55 AM »
...apparently they are. Sorry, I missed the discussion about you other people writing gladiator AUs! (Although mine is Space gladiator, totally different ;P)

and thank you for the nice words <3 You can see why I'm really satisfied with it!

(also, you do that, I bet it'd be fun!)

In which I follow through on my threat.

Fear the Fear

:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2957 on: February 16, 2017, 10:34:05 AM »
You did good! You changed the non-existant background I had thought out though so now I can't do more if I ever felt like revisiting that world!

...I should prolly thank you for that so Thank you <3 I have too many stories already :P
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #2958 on: February 16, 2017, 11:39:59 AM »
I decide to skip a day because writing the equivalent of Chapter 11 has been a mess, and suddenly the intensity of posts spikes with nice new things! Enjoy the counterpart to Chapters 8 and 9, in the meantime.

Previous chapter

Broken bridges

Reynir is a little less clueless about the cat-alarm in this universe, but the Rash cure and ghost mysteries are still right were the Old World left them.

Spoiler: Chapter 7 • show

Torbjörn still couldn't believe how fast action had been taken on this case. He decided this was a good thing for the time being, but there was currently one small issue:
-Do the three of us really need to be interrogated at the same time? I really don't feel comfortable letting other house employees help them.
Taru patted Torbjörn shoulder:
-Don't worry. If we're away while they call, they can contact Mora or Øresund base.
-I guess you're right.

-Wait, we need these to guide the Silent World expedition in case they call.
-These are now evidence in an attempted murder case. And there are two other places they can contact, right?
-It is true. But please make copies for us, just in case.
-You'll have the first ones tomorrow.

-Did you really just say "fruit juice was spilled on the radio"?
-Yes.
-You have two mages with you. Can't they do something?
-From what I can tell, neither our gods nor the Finn's have considered the possibility of such a situation.
-I understand why lady Hildur would have never researched a rune for that. And I guess "radio" and "fruit juice" are both completely foreign notions for the Finn.
-Are you going to make fun of our guest or come give the radio a look?
-Since when are these two things mutually exclusive?

Reynir was quite sure that if they would have been able to contact anyone, they would have advised against leaving their campsite near the school with such a snowfall going on. Lalli had found a new campsite in one of the other potential research sites of interest, but the tunnel leading to it had made the kitten's fur stand on end, despite all troll pods in it seemingly being dead. Sigrun, Mikkel and Emil were currently outside with the kitten, trying to find and kill the trolls it had detected. Reynir was currently inside with Tuuri and Lalli. The latter had fallen asleep almost as soon as he had returned from scouting the site. Tuuri had expressed worry that he could be too tired to scout after having done so all night and spent the better part of breakfast time performing some kind of Finnish ceremony on the corpse of a dog beast. She had definitely hit the nail on the head in the present case.

The three of them eventually came back. There had actually been only one troll, but it had bitten Sigrun's arm before they had managed to kill it. It had been that or Emil's neck. Almost as soon as she had been stitched up, Sigrun insisted on taking Reynir and Tuuri to the place where the troll had died, because she was quite sure they'd love it. At first, the place looked like yet another Rash hospital set up in a place that wasn't initially intended to take care of the sick. But in that one, according to Mikkel, the patients seemed to have died from something else than the Rash, as the corpses only showed signs of the early stages of the illness. All the dead bodies were in beds, and the only sign of caretakers was a letter left behind by them, addressed to the sick in case they ever woke up and telling them that they would be back after scavenging for supplies. There was also a box of syringes that Mikkel decided to bring back to the tank for some reason. During all this time, all that Reynir had been able to look at were the ghost-like entities that seemed to hover over every single bed.
-Uh... Tuuri? Did Lalli say something about spirits being here?
-He did, but he called them weird, so he must not have any idea what they are.
-So it's not just me being clueless. They are kind of creepy, though.
-Don't worry. Most spirits are barely even notice humans. They are probably harmless.
Reynir wasn't completely reassured by this:
-"Most?" "Probably?"
Mikkel sighed:
-Can the two of you avoid discussing things that do not exist when there are plenty of things that are actually here to look at?
Reynir sighed, took a few notes, and gave a second look at the room in case he saw something the others had missed. He did, however, give into a gut feeling telling him to avoid the walls against which the beds were aligned.

As soon as they went back to the tank, Reynir realized that the syringes in the box brought back by Mikkel seemed familiar. He shifted through his drawings from the book salvaged from the first treatment center and found his copy of the flyer. Almost as soon as he had put on the top of the pile, Mikkel told him to go back to bed, as he gave every indication of not having completely recovered from the previous day's fever.
-Is it because of the ghosts? Because Lalli saw them too.
Reynir realized how little he was helping his own case when looking in the dormitory's direction reminded him of how much Lalli had seemed to be craving sleep when he came back from scouting the place.
-My point exactly. Tuuri and myself can take care of the rest. I will wake both of you up for dinner.

When he came to his protected area, Hildur was there. She told him their radio was damaged and that she and Onni had spent so much time to find a way to help that they had realized neither of them was on watch only part-way through eating lunch. She apologized even more profusely when she realized that neither Reynir's tutors back home nor Øresund base had been able to act as a back-up. Reynir reassured her, telling her they had been able to manage on their own for the day and had ended up going to a very interesting place earlier than planned precisely because there had been nobody to tell them not to. She also commiserated with him on the subject of being sent back to bed by a godless medic due to having "hallucinations" too soon after having been sick.

When dinner time came, Lalli was found to be impossible to wake up, despite having been asleep for longer than Reynir.
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #2959 on: February 16, 2017, 12:39:29 PM »
Have any of you watched Deadpool? I bet you have. If you haven't (and are old enough) you should.

Anyways, my friend Feneris wrote a ficlet inspired by it. It's short and golden. Enjoy.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/9790928
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2960 on: February 16, 2017, 07:10:17 PM »
You did good! You changed the non-existant background I had thought out though so now I can't do more if I ever felt like revisiting that world!

...I should prolly thank you for that so Thank you <3 I have too many stories already :P

Well, all I did was a fanwork of your fanwork, so I don't see how I necessarily "changed" anything. What I wrote was just speculation on your world that you can Joss any time you like. ;)

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2961 on: February 17, 2017, 08:27:03 AM »
Let's see... Finnish song for a Finnish story. Yep. Perfect.

(FYI the song does contain some disturbing imagery and a very, very brief reference to rape.)

Ghost River

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #2962 on: February 18, 2017, 04:43:32 AM »
Finally get to make use of the only reason I have the mages and the three terrors in the same place!

Previous chapter

Broken bridges

Visions taken more seriously than in canon are a double-edged sword.

Spoiler: Chapter 8 • show

-And you're sure these killer ghosts were vision and not just a dream?
-Well, my dog led me to it, and told me to remember what I just saw near the end. So if that was not vision, I'm not sure what it was.
-A part of your mind that still thinks every single one of us may be an assassin in disguise?
The glare Sigrun gave Mikkel at this suggestion wasn't that far off from the one Reynir wished he could give him at the moment. One of the unforeseen side effects of his father's plans was that they gave Mikkel a ready-made explanation for any manifestation of his powers that Reynir mentioned within earshot of him, and made them "additional symptoms" to what Reynir knew to be actual reactions of his mind and body to those events. He resumed his conversation with Sigrun:
-Maybe we should leave for another campsite when we come back?
-Visions can be tricky, especially first-time ones. Preparing for them too early can sometimes cause the very avoidable thing that the gods were trying to warn about. Or make it worst. I know it sounds risky, but mistakes are less likely to be made when acting only when the event is close enough that there is no mistake possible on the vision's meaning.
-I see... I'll try paying attention, then.
-You'd better, if nothing better than a dog is protecting you.

Reynir quickly saw the wisdom in Sigrun's words, barring her remark about his dog. The sick room in Kastellet fort had the same strange ghost-like spirits as their current campsite. He had previously not paid attention to the fact that his vision was clearly happening there, and not in another location that had strange ghosts. Unfortunately, he had trouble convincing Tuuri and Mikkel to not venture too close to the ghosts, the former claiming there was no danger if the kitten she had in her pocket was calm, the latter not believing the ghosts were even there. Mikkel had the following words for him as he passed Reynir in the entrance, beyond which he had refused to walk:
-You know, if you've suddenly grown scared of those sick rooms, you just need to tell us and we'll stop taking you there. Keeping you from staying idle is one thing, but giving you too many bad experiences to deal with at a time would be ill-advised as well.
-I'm not scared of the sick rooms. I was perfectly fine in the first one. The two last ones just have scary ghosts that the first one didn't have.
-Yes... "Ghosts".
It was no use.

They came back to the tank to the news that the fruit juice incident in Mora had been settled. Lalli still hadn't woken up according to Emil, who had stayed to watch him. Calling home, where their usual helpers were available again, had been necessary to find out what the address on the package of syringes brought back from the site corresponded to. It was an ancient hospital quite far away, but on the way to the pickup spot that Trond had planned for them. Unfortunately, there were no plans to move towards the destination until the next day.

The owl chanting with Onni's voice, and the ewe that had Hildur's eyes, had managed to get the ghosts out. When Reynir’s awareness came back to the real world, Sigrun and Mikkel were regaining consciousness, and Lalli wasn't screaming anymore. Reynir realized that either Sigrun or Mikkel was going to notice that the tank was moving as soon as they were sufficiently aware of their surroundings, and moved out of the entrance to the driver's cabin. Fortunately, Sigrun’s first reaction was to look around for Reynir:
-The ghosts you've been complaining about, by any chance?
-Yes.
-Okay, I definitely don't want a face to face with these again. Tuuri, get us out of this city and try finding a new campsite.

Sigrun, Mikkel and Emil had had to fight trolls so they could leave the city. When Reynir finally fell asleep, he had been inside a strange building, possibly another vision, instead of his protected area. He'd had to wake up from that and fall back asleep before reaching his protected area, where a frantic Hildur was waiting for him.
-Do you have any idea of what they are?
-No. Onni says he couldn't read them, and Finns are supposed to actually be better than us at spirit stuff, even if many won't admit it. Where did they even come from?
-Some Old Word Rash sick rooms. One of them was in one of the buildings surrounding our campsite, the other was one that we visited today because it gave indications of having something interesting.
-What was that "something interesting", exactly?
He told her about the patients that had apparently died of something other than the Rash, the syringes that had been found in both sick rooms, the flyer in the first research site and their plans to go to the place in which the syringes had been manufactured.
-Could this be... what I think it could be?
-We're not sure yet, but yes. It looks like someone may have found a cure to the Rash. We are going to that hospital to find out what it was exactly.
To his surprise, Hildur laughed:
-What's so funny?
-Sorry to do that, especially after all you've been through but... to think of father's initial intent for this expedition, and what it may end up accomplishing because it failed... but you and your crewmates are going to need to keep these things away if you want to get there in one piece. Let me teach a few runes that will help with this before you wake up. I really don't know much about warding off spirits, but it's better than nothing.
-Can I ask you something before we start?
-What?
-What happened to the left side of your hair?
-If you are ever around these kids, avoid going into trance at all costs. But I was quite lucky compared to Onni. They managed to cut a tiny part of his ear off.

Edit: Silly me had forgotten to actually mention the content of the vision somewhere. Fixed!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 03:42:16 PM by Grade E cat »
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2963 on: February 18, 2017, 07:36:13 AM »
Yay I was wondering where everyone went! I'm not aloooooone anymore!

Finally get to make use of the only reason I have the the mages and the three terrors in the same place!

I do like what you're doing with the whole situation causing Reynir to develop some serious trust issues, and the way that plays in to Mikkel's skepticism.

Finally getting started with the Alphabet Soup-challenge as well!

I thought that's what you were doing, just blending it with the song challenge like I was. O_O

And I might as well post my latest here too:

Heroine

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2964 on: February 18, 2017, 07:38:56 AM »
Haha, nope, I took them as two seperate challenges, I said that when I accepted the Song Challenge! :P
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2965 on: February 18, 2017, 07:53:32 AM »
Haha, nope, I took them as two seperate challenges, I said that when I accepted the Song Challenge! :P

I... must've forgotten that, then.

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2966 on: February 18, 2017, 02:28:25 PM »
Alphabet Soup
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent” fanfic collection
Series 2, Part 1
Complete Links to Complete Links post
Spoiler: Asterisks and Obelisks • show
Emil had to admit, the thing in front of them certainly looked like the picture in the book Sigrun was waving around, no matter what Mikkel said (assuming Emil understood what Mikkel was really saying--always somewhat of a dice-roll). What was really in question, however, was whether that meant what she thought it meant.

From what Emil could make out of the potato-mouthed rumblings, Mikkel was utterly convinced it did not, had never, and would never. Tuuri was unsure, not being very well-versed in these matters. Lalli didn’t care one way or the other. Reynir, as expressed through Tuuri’s translations, was as clueless as ever.

Emil himself was torn. Part of him wanted Sigrun to be totally right in her assertions, while the more cynical and world-weary part knew Mikkel was almost certainly right.

“Look at the asterisk, Sigrun.” Mikkel was pointing at the book Sigrun held.

“The how much?”

Mikkel pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed heavily before continuing. He pointed at the book again. “The asterisk is the name for what you called ‘the little bug-splatter thingy’ next to the picture.”

“Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. So what about it?”

Mikkel sighed again. “It means there’s an explanatory note farther down the page, which is indicated by another asterisk.”

Sigrun pouted. “You mean you want me to read more when we could be checking out this incredible find?”

“It’s just a mock-up made by a bunch of Old-Time lunatics!” Mikkel finally exploded. “It was their version of erecting an obelisk to call down the favor of the sky-gods on their foolhardy endeavors!”

“Wait, I thought you Danes were all atheists?”

“Oh, very well, then: it was their version of erecting an obelisk boasting of their might and prowess to any people that might come and see it!”

Mikkel had been less than enthusiastic about this sortie in the first place, contesting that they should relocate to the heart of the city as planned rather than detouring around the edges, but Sigrun had pointed out that there wasn’t any snow to give them cover to slip into the city, so staying on the industrial fringe was the safe bet for now.

The old folks back at the base had also said that they’d had a special request from a group based out of Nexø, and so the intrepid band had wandered their merry way up from Prøvestenen to Refshaleøen.

There had been quite a bit of eye-catching architecture along the way thus far, but when Tuuri and Sigrun had first set eyes on the rocket the group was now parked in front of, it had completely captured their attention. Emil couldn’t blame them for their fascination, but obviously Mikkel did.

“All their records will have been computerized,” he was protesting now.

Sigrun gestured to the rocket. “Even if the big thing here isn’t real, they’ll have had some test stuff in there! Think of it: the secret of space flight, right at our fingertips!”

“We were sent to retrieve books; we don’t have cargo space for anything else.”

“We’re going inside, at any rate; what kind of warriors would get here only to chicken out of looking it over--right, Emil?”

The Swede had been examining the rocket and ignoring the debate between his two seniors, but he responded gamely, “Absolutely.”

“So you and Short Stuff and Troll-Bait can stay out here while Twigs and Goldie and I check out the good stuff inside. Okay?”

With a mighty roar, the rocket climbed into the sky, leaving the burning building below far behind. Mikkel, Tuuri and Reynir watched in awe-struck silence as it ascended, until a series of hideous shrieks brought their attention back to the totally engulfed structure still on the ground.

The door nearest them flung open, and the three explorers emerged, Lalli acting as rear-guard while Emil half-carried Sigrun out.

“I seem to detect a pattern here,” Mikkel rumbled to no one in particular as he assisted them into the vehicle. Snow was beginning to fall, but the cries and shrieks followed them for quite some distance as Tuuri took them away from the site.

“So, you didn’t manage to retrieve anything from the site at all?” Disappointment laced Torbjörn’s voice.

“Actually,” Mikkel replied, “we obtained a large quantity of blueprints and design drawings, but no information at all on the fuels side.”

“That... that should be sufficient.” Torbjörn had regained his customary optimism. “Good work!”

Mikkel signed off, muttering to himself about “those fools in Nexø”. They had relocated to the old palace complex of Amalienborg, the weather having kept them from reaching their desired campsite, and Sigrun had decamped with Emil on yet another raid, despite having just been injured in a troll attack.

Sigrun had ignored or discounted Mikkel’s advice at every turn so far; now, he was determined to show her how foolish that was...

Spoiler: Authorial Notes • show
Series 2 of this collection features titles which are anarthrous, or “without articles”.

So, the “group of loons” under discussion is this bunch; their Wikipedia page is outdated. As far as I know, they don’t have a rocket mock-up outside their HQ, but who would blame them if they did? (Mikkel, obviously.)

I am still amazed at how these little gifts from IRL drop into my lap for stories like this.

OwlsG0

• I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #2967 on: February 19, 2017, 05:26:02 AM »
Alphabet Soup
Series 2, Part 1
Spoiler: Asterisks and Obelisks • show
Emil had to admit, the thing in front of them certainly looked like the picture in the book Sigrun was waving around, no matter what Mikkel said (assuming Emil understood what Mikkel was really saying--always somewhat of a dice-roll). What was really in question, however, was whether that meant what she thought it meant.

From what Emil could make out of the potato-mouthed rumblings, Mikkel was utterly convinced it did not, had never, and would never. Tuuri was unsure, not being very well-versed in these matters. Lalli didn’t care one way or the other. Reynir, as expressed through Tuuri’s translations, was as clueless as ever.

Emil himself was torn. Part of him wanted Sigrun to be totally right in her assertions, while the more cynical and world-weary part knew Mikkel was almost certainly right.

“Look at the asterisk, Sigrun.” Mikkel was pointing at the book Sigrun held.

“The how much?”

Mikkel pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed heavily before continuing. He pointed at the book again. “The asterisk is the name for what you called ‘the little bug-splatter thingy’ next to the picture.”

“Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. So what about it?”

Mikkel sighed again. “It means there’s an explanatory note farther down the page, which is indicated by another asterisk.”

Sigrun pouted. “You mean you want me to read more when we could be checking out this incredible find?”

“It’s just a mock-up made by a bunch of Old-Time lunatics!” Mikkel finally exploded. “It was their version of erecting an obelisk to call down the favor of the sky-gods on their foolhardy endeavors!”

“Wait, I thought you Danes were all atheists?”

“Oh, very well, then: it was their version of erecting an obelisk boasting of their might and prowess to any people that might come and see it!”

Mikkel had been less than enthusiastic about this sortie in the first place, contesting that they should relocate to the heart of the city as planned rather than detouring around the edges, but Sigrun had pointed out that there wasn’t any snow to give them cover to slip into the city, so staying on the industrial fringe was the safe bet for now.

The old folks back at the base had also said that they’d had a special request from a group based out of Nexø, and so the intrepid band had wandered their merry way up from Prøvestenen to Refshaleøen.

There had been quite a bit of eye-catching architecture along the way thus far, but when Tuuri and Sigrun had first set eyes on the rocket the group was now parked in front of, it had completely captured their attention. Emil couldn’t blame them for their fascination, but obviously Mikkel did.

“All their records will have been computerized,” he was protesting now.

Sigrun gestured to the rocket. “Even if the big thing here isn’t real, they’ll have had some test stuff in there! Think of it: the secret of space flight, right at our fingertips!”

“We were sent to retrieve books; we don’t have cargo space for anything else.”

“We’re going inside, at any rate; what kind of warriors would get here only to chicken out of looking it over--right, Emil?”

The Swede had been examining the rocket and ignoring the debate between his two seniors, but he responded gamely, “Absolutely.”

“So you and Short Stuff and Troll-Bait can stay out here while Twigs and Goldie and I check out the good stuff inside. Okay?”

With a mighty roar, the rocket climbed into the sky, leaving the burning building below far behind. Mikkel, Tuuri and Reynir watched in awe-struck silence as it ascended, until a series of hideous shrieks brought their attention back to the totally engulfed structure still on the ground.

The door nearest them flung open, and the three explorers emerged, Lalli acting as rear-guard while Emil half-carried Sigrun out.

“I seem to detect a pattern here,” Mikkel rumbled to no one in particular as he assisted them into the vehicle. Snow was beginning to fall, but the cries and shrieks followed them for quite some distance as Tuuri took them away from the site.

“So, you didn’t manage to retrieve anything from the site at all?” Disappointment laced Torbjörn’s voice.

“Actually,” Mikkel replied, “we obtained a large quantity of blueprints and design drawings, but no information at all on the fuels side.”

“That... that should be sufficient.” Torbjörn had regained his customary optimism. “Good work!”

Mikkel signed off, muttering to himself about “those fools in Nexø”. They had relocated to the old palace complex of Amalienborg, the weather having kept them from reaching their desired campsite, and Sigrun had decamped with Emil on yet another raid, despite having just been injured in a troll attack.

Sigrun had ignored or discounted Mikkel’s advice at every turn so far; now, he was determined to show her how foolish that was...

Series 2 of this collection features titles which are anarthrous, or “without articles”.

So, the “group of loons” under discussion is this bunch; their Wikipedia page is outdated. As far as I know, they don’t have a rocket mock-up outside their HQ, but who would blame them if they did? (Mikkel, obviously.)

I am still amazed at how these little gifts from IRL drop into my lap for stories like this.

So Sigrun somehow managed to launch a rocket after 90 years of neglect? Sounds like her. I bet it was really Emil's fault, though, he must have leaned on the wrong button or something.
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2968 on: February 19, 2017, 02:26:04 PM »
Sorry to step on your toes, Windy, but I just finished this:

Alphabet Soup
Series 3, Part 1
Spoiler: The Aforementioned • show
Extracts from the Official Report of Politibetjent Jacob Meincke on the Disturbance of the Peace at the Vestskoven, Glostrup Municipality, 20 September 2011:

At approximately 2217 and as I neared the halfway point of my fourth circuit of my patrol through the Vestskoven, I came upon an illegal campsite based around a most peculiar vehicle, the make and model of which I was unable to determine and which bore no license plate or other identifying markings...

The aforementioned illegal campers numbered six: a Dane, a Swede, a Norwegian, an Icelander, and two Finns. The Norwegian, a tall redheaded woman who identified herself as one “Sigrun Eide of Dalsnes”, was obviously the ringleader, and far and away the loudest of the bunch, though the others enthusiastically violated the local noise ordinances...

After reporting back to the local police detachment via my radio, I walked up to the illegal campers in an attempt to encourage the group to remove the vehicle, strike their campsite and disperse peaceably. The reaction the illegal campers displayed to my appearance strongly suggested that some or all of them were under the influence of controlled or illegal substances, as the Swede, the Dane and the Norwegian seemed positive that I was something other than human...

The aforementioned Norwegian then took it upon herself to threaten me with a large knife...

While the aforementioned Dane restrained the aforementioned Norwegian, the aforementioned Swede and one of the aforementioned Finns drew weapons of their own: the Finn a rather battered bolt-action rifle, and the Swede what appeared to be a flamethrower. It was at this point that I made a tactical retreat and called for reinforcements...

The reinforcements deployed around the illegal campsite in accordance with the established procedures; I was instructed by Politikommissær Olsen to take part in storming the aforementioned campsite once I had been outfitted with the correct tactical gear.

When the storming party approached the illegal campsite, the strange vehicle and its occupants had decamped; only a few bits of wastage and the marks on the ground told of their presence...

Though the cordon was complete and correct, none of the other Politibetjent had witnessed the aforementioned illegal campers’ departure...

The tracks left by the aforementioned peculiar and unidentified vehicle simply stopped approximately seventeen meters from the cordon...

The aforementioned tracks and other disturbances in the soil of the illegal campsite have been verified as freshly made on the night in question...

Politibetjent Wieghorst, to whom I spoke on the radio when requesting reinforcements, has verified that he heard the raucous utterances of the aforementioned illegal campers over the connection...

A number of civilians in the area for recreational purposes have reported hearing the aforementioned raucous utterances on the night in question...

Authorities in the Norwegian village of Dalsnes have confirmed that the only “Sigrun Eide” (née Larsen) in residence was present in Dalsnes on the night in question; furthermore, the aforementioned resident of Dalsnes in no way matches the description I gave of the aforementioned illegal camper calling herself “Sigrun Eide”...

While the aforementioned illegal campers have not been encountered since the night in question, in light of the recent increase in activity by the criminal motorcycle gang “Hells-Angels”, I recommend an increase in patrols through the Vestskoven, especially during the hours of darkness...

Series 3 of this collection features titles which start with the definite article, “The”.

...There’s really not much else to say about this one, aside from apologizing to any Danes reading for any inevitable inaccuracies.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2969 on: February 19, 2017, 06:31:32 PM »
And one more story done since my last few have been so overwhelmingly popular! (I'm starting to suspect that warnings make people less likely to read stories, but maybe I'm just doing something wrong with the warnings?)

What you have listed here are tags, not warnings. The difference is the purpose they serve: tags are simply to give readers an idea of the content of a story so they can judge whether it's likely to appeal to them, whereas warnings are intended to... well, warn for upsetting material. I don't think what you've written here requires any warnings.