Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 779972 times)

Gaemmel

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #2880 on: January 16, 2017, 06:55:25 AM »
Hey Lazy8, I really like the idea your brain subjected you to! Would you mind me joining in your specification of the challenge: using a song starting with each letter and writing a oneshot about it?
I'm the left one on the picture.

Fluent: :germany: :uk:
In school I had: :france: :spain:
Some words and phrases: :japan:
Learning: :sweden:

:chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #2881 on: January 16, 2017, 08:04:43 AM »
Hey Lazy8, I really like the idea your brain subjected you to! Would you mind me joining in your specification of the challenge: using a song starting with each letter and writing a oneshot about it?

Go for it. *grumble* stupid brain *grumble*
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Gaemmel

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2882 on: January 16, 2017, 08:37:17 AM »
Nice, thanks!
I guess I will start the next days sometime, whenever motivation hits me.

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2883 on: January 16, 2017, 11:45:46 AM »
I may join that challenge as well later! So many challenges! ...Maybe we should have a fanfic challenge index somewhere xD

Let's see, we have the 100 fic-challenge, the relationship-challenge, the alphabet-challenge and now the song-challenge (yes, I'm counting those seperately!)! Any other I've forgotten to join?
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2884 on: January 16, 2017, 04:46:41 PM »
Bent and Twisted
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent”/“Avatar: the Last Airbender” crossover fanfic
Part 10
Complete Links to Complete Links post
Prior part
Spoiler: The Second Apocrypha • show
In the inky blackness of one long-forgotten corner of the Spirit Realm, a Presence lurked, mulling over the recent disasters in the Mortal Realm.

So, Sonew had fallen and the Death-Shades had failed her.

Of the two, the first was the greater blow to her plans, as Sonew had been by far her most capable, energetic and motivated servant in the Mortal Realm; losing the Death-Shades was a minor inconvenience at worst. Still, even minor inconveniences hurt when you had just lost your strong right hand.

Ages had passed as she had woven her designs and waited, slowly and subtly pushing the Harmony of Four out of Balance, waiting for the right time to unleash Catastrophe.

She mostly worked her will through agents spiritual and mortal alike, spreading her plan through the Realms like a spider spinning its web and waiting; always, she waited, until the Avatar Fell.

Now, she was ready to reap the fruits of her patient prodding; but there was still more prodding to be done, both in the Spirit Realm and in the Mortal Realm. So she continued her work.

Even her more ineffective agents had been of assistance with this; while the Cult of the Appeasers had mostly fed her ego, they had also kept a close eye upon the only real source of danger to her plan: the Exiles.

When she’d first set her plan in motion, one of the Timeless had told her that the Avatar Reborn would be her doom, and that he would arise by the hands of a group of Exiles; so it was that she set her every agent to ensure that no Exile could approach the Lake of Awakening.

Until now, they had succeeded quite well.

But how was she to replace Sonew? The Appeasers still abiding on the Island of Life-Benders though hers body, soul and mind had none that could even approach him in ability.

She would have to go recruiting.

The Death-Shades had fled, but Lalli still kept watch, knowing the Horrors were still out there.

Sigrun and Emil were also out there, but Lalli was sure he needn’t worry over what was keeping them. After all, Sigrun was--well, Sigrun, and Emil had proved himself quite capable of protecting his own at need.

Of course, even the best and strongest Bender could be taken by surprise--but with the two of them out there, that was only a very remote possibility. It was scarcely worth considering, even.

Emil had been almost as badly unsettled as when they’d first met, though; and Sigrun would naturally want to use the one-on-one time to try to pull him out of it, because she was a good leader, and that’s what good leaders do. So neither of them would really be as alert as was desirable, but still, the chances of something taking one or both of them by surprise was minimal--almost laughable even.

No, sometime soon Sigrun and Emil would be back, bearing their latest kills, which Mikkel would whip into something more or less (usually less) edible for them all. It would only be a few more minutes until Lalli spotted them coming back.

Lalli kept his eyes on the place where his friends had passed into the trees, letting his other senses play over the rest of the clearing. They would warn him of any danger that might approach; sometimes more faithfully so than his eyes.

Lalli kept his watch as the night waned on...

“We knew you could do it.”

Mikkel and Reynir stared back at Tuuri; Mikkel impassively, Reynir with an expression of awe.

“D-d-d-do what?” Tuuri asked in a blatant lie, trying her best to essay a look of innocent confusion. She was still trembling in the aftermath of her recent exertion, though, and so could not command herself as she usually did.

Mikkel answered, “Bend the Spirits, changing their Lust to feed upon us into Fear.”

“Like you Bent the Fear out of Emil earlier,” Reynir added happily.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Tuuri protested vainly. “I-I-I don’t Bend! Anyway, nobody Bends Fear.”

Mikkel frowned, but Reynir put a hand on the bigger man’s arm and said, “Onni said she wouldn’t want to admit it yet.”

Tuuri swallowed nervously. Onni knew? She’d tried so hard to keep this terrible secret from him, but he knew anyway?

“She can’t go on lying to herself, though,” Mikkel said calmly.

“I fear the blame for that lies with me...”

Spoiler: Authorial Notes • show
Well, isn’t this a load of... exposition.

And yet, there is even more to come.

Buteo

• Ranger
« Reply #2885 on: January 16, 2017, 05:12:34 PM »
LooNEY, we'll be waiting eagerly for more!

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2886 on: January 17, 2017, 12:27:10 AM »
Indeed! We'll be waiting eagerly.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Gaemmel

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2887 on: January 17, 2017, 02:39:06 AM »
I may join that challenge as well later! So many challenges! ...Maybe we should have a fanfic challenge index somewhere xD

Let's see, we have the 100 fic-challenge, the relationship-challenge, the alphabet-challenge and now the song-challenge (yes, I'm counting those seperately!)! Any other I've forgotten to join?

Maybe we really need an index, I have never heard of the relationship challenge before!

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #2888 on: January 18, 2017, 06:56:33 AM »

Oh no you don't! I've got enough to do what with handling the index as is!

Maybe we really need an index, I have never heard of the relationship challenge before!

That's one I started, and it's here. It's been moved to forum memories, but there was technically no time limit, so I can ask a mod to revive it if anyone wants to contribute to it again.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2889 on: January 18, 2017, 09:28:41 AM »
Hey, I didn't say you had to index it! I could do it! I just need to know what challenges there are! It's not like it's gonna be a large fanfic index, it was just so people could see and join the different writing challenges we have. Posting stories would probably just be in here as usual anyway :P

...speaking of that I should have two chapters finished since november for the relationship-challenge. I never got around to upload them for some reason...
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #2890 on: January 18, 2017, 12:14:58 PM »
Hey guys. I like hooking my friends on comics. My friends like writing fanfiction (even if they sometimes don't like forums very much).

So here's the link to a thing written by my dear friend Feneris:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/9377150
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Gaemmel

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2891 on: January 18, 2017, 12:20:22 PM »
Oh no you don't! I've got enough to do what with handling the index as is!

That's one I started, and it's here. It's been moved to forum memories, but there was technically no time limit, so I can ask a mod to revive it if anyone wants to contribute to it again.

Oh, but I didn't mean an index of who contributed, only an index about the challenges posed! It doesn't even need a real index, actually, more of a link list. Something someone could probably do in less than an hour of they know where to look.
Also, just because it is an index, it doesn't mean I would go and point at you and go "Hey, you! Do that!" xD

I think I am all booked out with challenges, but who knows, maybe some day! I intend to write for this fandom for a while.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2892 on: January 20, 2017, 11:03:32 PM »
I need to catch up on the stories in this thread!  I've been spending my time squeeeeing over the amazing stories in the Silent Night Exchange, and I'm really looking forward to acknowledging many of those works when the authors are revealed in a few days' time. 

Now I post herewith my first story in LooNEY_DAC's alphabet challenge, which unsurprisingly is for the letter A.  "A is for Aino" is the title, and features two separate get-togethers with her sister Kaino in a coffeehouse in Mikkeli.  Enjoyta.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/9405434
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2893 on: January 22, 2017, 04:14:30 PM »
Blowing my own baritone (in lieu of a trumpet) a bit here, links to the treats I wrote for the Silent Night Exchange:

"In Which the SSSS Crew Does Not Put on the Musical Hair" written for PurpleWyrm - fluffy stuff, Emil is not the only crew member who knows how to play Hairdresser: http://archiveofourown.org/works/9232232

"Nysgjerrige Nils Eide" written for Lazy8 - also fluffy & very cutesy, 6yo Sigrun sometimes needs two (or more) generals to handle her:  http://archiveofourown.org/works/9331739

"Suddenly Illuminating the Night" written for Minutia_R - warning for sexual content, although it stops short of a true explicit rating - Ensi Hotakainen meets the author of the Trolls, Giants and Beasts info pages and they work out their initial misunderstandings:  http://archiveofourown.org/works/9223037

Huge ups to LooNEY_DAC for his immense contribution, consistently great writing alongside the ongoing work he's posted here in the meantime!!  (Y'know, I should have gotten the clue when I started enjoying stories fulfilling prompts I wouldn't ordinarily find inspiring, that they were yours.  I must go back and read the lot.)

Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2894 on: January 22, 2017, 05:16:34 PM »
Huge ups to LooNEY_DAC for his immense contribution, consistently great writing alongside the ongoing work he's posted here in the meantime!!  (Y'know, I should have gotten the clue when I started enjoying stories fulfilling prompts I wouldn't ordinarily find inspiring, that they were yours.  I must go back and read the lot.)
*Blushes*
*Drops link set under spoiler and runs*