Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 787265 times)

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #2790 on: December 12, 2016, 07:10:37 AM »
aww, thanks! <3

ooooh, congratulations :D uh... I think I missed the cliffhanger, but I'm glad you liked it <3

First chapter. I was overexcited and started talking before I'd finished reading.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2791 on: December 12, 2016, 07:12:59 AM »
First chapter. I was overexcited and started talking before I'd finished reading.
aaaa, that's like the best review ever <3
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

OwlsG0

• I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #2792 on: December 13, 2016, 07:00:33 AM »
The advent calendar going on in the forum is so cheerful, I thought I should try to counter that a little with some more Emil in trouble, so I started a new story:

Title: The Letter
Summary: One year after their return from Iceland Lalli starts getting letters from Emil.

In which the first letter arrives.

Why do you do this to us. You should change your avatar to a picture of Godzilla (labelled 'Feelszilla') terrorising the forum
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2793 on: December 13, 2016, 07:29:08 AM »
Why do you do this to us. You should change your avatar to a picture of Godzilla (labelled 'Feelszilla') terrorising the forum
I'm the evil twin, it's in my jobdescription to be mean  >:D I mean, just look at my avatar, she's a trained killer you know!

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Anna

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • A majestic circle cat
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #2794 on: December 13, 2016, 09:01:36 AM »
I'm the evil twin, it's in my jobdescription to be mean  >:D I mean, just look at my avatar, she's a trained killer you know!
I did not, thanks for bringing that to our attention.
:chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:
:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
:book2::book3::book4:

And remember what peace there may be in silence.

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #2795 on: December 13, 2016, 02:31:42 PM »
[Worst Case Scenario, Founding one-shot] Got a moderator message asking me to put my stuff under spoiler tags. This is the founding one-shot for my "Worst case scenario" series. Reynir's parents get the news of their son's situation, and get a little paranoid about how the crew is treating Reynir.

Spoiler: show
Worst case scenario

Árni and Sigríður were still taking in the news. Reynir's trip had somehow ended up in an expedition in the Silent World organized by some crazy Swedish man. Granted that many military units took people as young as thirteen and that Reynir was already twenty, but that trip was his first time away from home. And the high risk of Illness in the Silent World meant Reynir would have to stay with that small military unit until the quarantine ship meant for the whole team would come pick them up at the end of their mission. Which was to last a several weeks. It had only been the group's third day, crossing of the bridge included, when Reynir had ended up with them. Sigríður asked the question that had been crossing Árni's mind as well.
-Sir, do you have any information about the people on the expedition?
The official opened the binder he had under his arm and turned a few pages.
-This I do. Five people, from all over. Except Iceland. But do not worry, there are two people who speak Icelandic. And one of them is their medic, a Dane.
This was good news. The Danes may refuse to acknowledge the Old Gods, but this was secondary to the fact that the medic spoke their language and was from one of the relatively educated nations was a small blessing.
-The other is a Finnish skald. Young woman, not that much older than your son, actually.
This was already less good news. In Finland, knowing how to read and write at all probably made one qualify as a skald. They could only imagine. The girl corrupting poor, naïve Reynir some way or another before the expedition was over.
-What about the three others?
-Another Finn, night scout, young man around your son's age. Mage as well. Has the same last name as the skald girl, must be related.
They could only imagine. The girl telling her mage relative lies against which Reynir could not defend himself due to not speaking his language. Finns had different magic, which they didn't know much about. They didn't dare think of what kind of retaliation a Finnish mage under the impression that a family member had been wronged was capable of.
-Swede, around the same age, cleanser. He has the same last name as the man organizing the whole thing, apparently.
They could only imagine. The youngster bullying Reynir and getting away with it because daddy or whoever was the big boss.
-Their commander is Norwegian, quite older that everyone else. Only the medic is older than her, actually.
They could only imagine. Norwegians were the closest kin to the Icelanders, but valued things that Reynir simply did not have. She was probably expecting Reynir to keep pace with the rest of the unit and considering any bullying from the Swedish kid well-deserved if he did not, which was very likely. She may even be bullying him herself, or threatening to leave him behind if he did not obey an insanely strict set of rules. The Finnish girl was probably telling lies to her too, claiming that Reynir had broken the rules behind her back, whether he had or not. They really hoped that the medic was keeping things from getting too bad. And wondered what Reynir was going through at the moment, among all the possibilities that they were considering.

Meanwhile, somewhere in the Silent World.

The sounds from the tank’s entrance room indicated that Sigrun and Emil had come back from their latest book collecting mission, and going through decontamination. Both himself and Tuuri had been in the office and in the middle of something during their arrival and would not be allowed back out before the end of the decontamination process anyway, so they both elected to finish their respective tasks. Tuuri finished hers first, and put her drawing to dry next to Mikkel's. The batch of diluted brown ink had initially been made by Mikkel to color his own drawing, but the quantity of water necessary to get the light, almost orange shade he had desired had resulted in more than enough material to color several drawings. Tuuri and himself had chosen the same model as Mikkel, but had not managed to draw it as well as he did. Reynir was just about to color his own drawing when Sigrun stormed into the office, yelling something in Norwegian, prompting Tuuri to move herself and the chair on which she had been sitting away from the desk and towards the radio leaning against the opposite wall. Emil entered the office as well, reached to pet the kitten sleeping in the bed that had been made for it on the desk, and only after that seemed to notice that Reynir was sitting at the desk, a paint brush in his hand. They didn't interact much, but Emil had been the one to save the kitten, which made Tuuri guess that he was probably a little jealous that the animal had ended up with a clear preference for Reynir. In the middle of moving toward leaving the office, Emil caught sight of the cat drawings, noticed the materials that Tuuri had been using just moments ago and grabbed one of the small pieces of paper that they had been using for drawing. Reynir put his own finished drawing to dry and went out to check if Mikkel needed any help with the laundry. As he was heading out, he saw Lalli emerge from the dormitory and sleepily walk towards the office. By dinnertime, six cat drawings were drying on the desk instead of three.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 02:28:16 PM by Grade E cat »
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

Buteo

• Ranger
« Reply #2796 on: December 14, 2016, 01:14:39 AM »
Grade E cat, I love it! I'm going to sit here, reread, and chuckle for a while...!

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2797 on: December 14, 2016, 03:48:33 AM »
Grade E Cat, that's good! Reynir's poor parents are probably frantic!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Anna

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • A majestic circle cat
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #2798 on: December 14, 2016, 03:28:02 PM »
Windy, I really, really hope Lalli can help Emil. Whatever is haunting him is seriously creepy. *anxiously awaits chapter 3*
:chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:
:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
:book2::book3::book4:

And remember what peace there may be in silence.

Talimee

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2799 on: December 14, 2016, 07:26:01 PM »
And we have Chapter 3 of The Letter, in which the third letter arrives, but a warning, the story is steering into pretty deep territory now and people are getting hurt!

Or like Basse so eloquently put it:
WARNING; THIS IS A WORK OF WINDY!

(so, uh, I probably won't post more chapters for this story here and if I had known from the beginning it would steer in this direction I pobably wouldn't have posted the first ones either but you'll still be able to find them on ff.net and on my tumblr!)

That is what the Mature Board is for. It's not all about explicit sex there but is also thought as a place where the really dark stories can be posted. =)
[22:31] <@amity> And they care about only two things: Emil/Lalli fanfic, and chewing bubblegum.
[22:31] <@amity> And the word is, they're all out of bubblegum.

Survived:
:chap5::chap6::chap7: :chap20:
:chap8::chap9::chap10:
:chap11::chap12::chap13:
:chap14::chap15::chap16:
:chap17::chap18::chap19:

OwlsG0

• I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #2800 on: December 14, 2016, 07:31:46 PM »
http://archiveofourown.org/works/8586883/chapters/20297869

*scrambles back into writer-hole with a hiss*
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2801 on: December 14, 2016, 07:40:29 PM »
That is what the Mature Board is for. It's not all about explicit sex there but is also thought as a place where the really dark stories can be posted. =)

yessss, I know, the problem is that there is the... hrm... bedsheet dancing-part :P I'll just continue hiding my dark stories xD

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #2802 on: December 15, 2016, 05:24:55 AM »
yessss, I know, the problem is that there is the... hrm... bedsheet dancing-part :P I'll just continue hiding my dark stories xD

Agree with the hoping that Lalli can help him. Mrr, have to go follow on FFNet now since I'm not on the mature board...
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2803 on: December 15, 2016, 06:33:44 AM »
Agree with the hoping that Lalli can help him. Mrr, have to go follow on FFNet now since I'm not on the mature board...

I'm not on the mature board either so joke's on those who thinks otherwise! :D

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #2804 on: December 17, 2016, 03:47:06 PM »
[Worst Case Scenario, Mikkel's Chapter] Decided to make "Worst case scenario" into a small series. For those who didn't see the founding post, the premise is that Reynir's parents have very limited information on the crew and picture everyone mistreating Reynir except for the "kindly Danish medic". A new headcanon of mine turned out to be perfect for the dream world sequence I wanted to put in Lalli's, so I can officially tell it will be the next one up.

Spoiler: show
Worst case scenario: The medic

The more Árni and Sigríður thought of it, the more it seemed like the only possible silver lining in Reynir's situation: the Danish medic who spoke Icelandic and was probably doing his best to protect him from the others. Maybe even teaching him a little of how to deal with them himself. Reynir would quickly figure out it was best to stay close to him at all times, but the man still had a job to do. There had to be moments at which the presence of a non-immune person at his side was a hazard for at least one of them and Reynir had to leave that sanctuary. In such cases, Reynir was certainly on his own, at the mercy of whoever the medic was not treating. And since Danes did not believe in magic, chance were that whatever the Finnish scout was doing to him was going unnoticed. Or maybe that particular Dane had seen the scout in action, changed his mind about magic and knew the scout was doing something, but still had no idea what to do about it. The only option he had to tell him to stop whatever he was doing was through the very relative who was probably telling him lies to get Reynir on his bad side. The skald was probably lying to the medic to cover herself as well, they just realized. They really hoped the man could see through it. He was probably doing his best regardless, his best unfortunately being not enough when literally everyone else on the crew had it in for Reynir. Making an effort to seek happier thoughts, they started wondering what kind of impact spending so much time with a medic could have on Reynir. He was probably learning a lot about medicine. Maybe he would be able to take better care of sick or wounded sheep if... no, when he came back. And with the kind of people the rest of the crew probably were, the medic could actually be happy to have a fellow kind soul at his side. Or simply someone to talk to, as the Finnish "skald" was certainly not providing such a thing.

Meanwhile, somewhere in the Silent World:

Reynir stepped into the office, where Tuuri was copying books as usual:
-Please tell me there is something interesting for Mikkel to read in there.
-Not really yet, why?
He took a deep breath before breaking her the news:
-He's done with his tasks for the day. Not much to do until the three others come back.
Tuuri twitched. Mikkel could perfectly keep himself busy with his own thoughts, but the problem was that it usually resulted in the first person to speak to him after the lull in activity getting worse teasing than usual. Last time the book collecting party had been on the receiving end of this, Reynir was quite sure he had learned a few Norwegian swear words.
-You could... chat with him a little? suggested Tuuri.
-I tried. Couldn't go through more than five minutes of it before leaving him an opening.
-You started out at thirty seconds, you're making quick progress.
-What about your own record? You're going to grow soft if you don't practice from time to time.
Tuuri grumbled and got up from her chair:
-Okay, okay, I get it, I'll take my turn. But I'm curious, what did he do, this time?
-Convinced me that lack of exposure to sheep was going to make sick soon.
Tuuri gave him a look of disbelief:
-Again?
Reynir looked away from her, a little embarrassed:
-He started out from another angle than last time.
Tuuri sighed:
-Thanks for the warning. Maybe I do need that practice after all.
Just as Tuuri was going to leave the room, they both heard yelling in Norwegian, coming from far away. At this point, Reynir could tell it was too long for Sigrun to just be yelling "We're back!".
Mikkel came to the office door:
-You two, in the front. Sigrun popped her stiches again, I'll need to treat her in here right after decontamination.
Reynir could tell both of them were holding back a sigh of relief. Seemingly having that reaction to Sigrun neglecting those wounds would have attracted unwanted attention from Mikkel. Especially coming from Reynir, who knew all too well how she had gotten them in the first place. They did as Mikkel told them, but Tuuri had her ear glued to the door as soon as any indication of activity in the office started, and was telling him what was happening. Even though the walls didn't keep that much sound out, the exchanges were all in scandinavian laguages.
-Mikkel's scolding pretty much everyone for their part in the wounds re-opening. Sounds like it happened on something Sigrun didn't actually have to use that arm for again.
Reynir had trouble believing that he was the same person who had just briefly tricked him into believing there was such a thing as "sheep deficiency".
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 02:28:52 PM by Grade E cat »
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.