Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 787536 times)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #2745 on: November 21, 2016, 02:04:19 AM »
Personally I think Resumé is my best story (haven't linked it here since I decided it was probably a mature story) and this story is most... It's not really going somewhere. But thanks for the kind words <3

And chapter five is up, and in this chapter some secrets are revealed!

I've read these 5 chapters in one go - a most impressive story.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2746 on: November 21, 2016, 08:12:16 AM »
You are updating fast.

I liked the reveal. I'll admit, for a while I was suspecting self-harm, but the thing that you went with worked a lot better. And I could definitely see how Emil would be experiencing some guilt and self-blame over what happened.
Haha, I knew there'd be people who'd suspect self-harm! I have a hard time seeing Emil doing that though (which of course is why I entertain that thought in my mind from time to time). I'm so happy you liked the reveal!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 11:33:42 AM by Windfighter »
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2747 on: November 21, 2016, 10:32:11 AM »
Windfighter, you are definitely getting better at timing, characterisation and plot!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2748 on: November 22, 2016, 03:48:15 AM »
Later than I'd like it to be, but here's me weighing in with the next chapter in ...that superhero AU story that I really need to get around to giving an appropriate title.  I couldn't even come up with a chapter title tonight, but here it is:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6610714/chapters/19773754

This is a longish chapter in which some stuff happens and then people are happy, then other stuff happens and people are tense, then weird stuff happens and nobody knows what the Hel just happened.  How's that for a recommendation?

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

OwlsG0

• I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #2749 on: November 23, 2016, 04:28:43 AM »
Next odiously long chapter of the fic. The Hotakainens aren't the only one with a weird grandma, Tuuri hates trousers and Emil just wants to sleep

http://archiveofourown.org/works/8586883/chapters/19793749

I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Buteo

• Ranger
« Reply #2750 on: November 26, 2016, 01:45:10 AM »
Windfighter, you are busy with this one! I hope you're having a good time writing it, because it's fun to read!

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2751 on: November 26, 2016, 08:28:19 PM »
I put a bunch of stuff that was first posted here up on AO3, so I wanted to put up a little clarification post.

Updates will be posted here first, and so announced and linked in the page comments, in the unduly arrogant hope of bringing people to the Forum. 24-ish hours later, the update will post on AO3.

That was pretty much it.

Windy and OwlsG0, I'm liking the stories.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #2752 on: November 26, 2016, 08:47:56 PM »
Chapter 21 is up! Everyone's favorite braided sheepherder gets some more dreamscape time, character development and all.

Also gone back and fixed formatting, tense errors, etc. throughout, let me know if I missed anything...
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Buteo

• Ranger
« Reply #2753 on: November 27, 2016, 02:45:36 AM »
I'm taking the opportunity this weekend to binge read all the wonderful fics that so many talented people have written.
Thank you all for sharing your talent and inspiration with the rest of us! Please keep them coming, they give me life.

OwlsG0

• I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #2754 on: November 27, 2016, 05:48:59 AM »
http://archiveofourown.org/works/8586883/chapters/19876783

Emil is introduced to his destiny by a slimy dragon and Lalli dozes through a rather important introduction.
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2755 on: November 27, 2016, 05:45:52 PM »
Bent and Twisted
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent”/“Avatar: the Last Airbender” crossover fanfic
Part 6
Complete Links to Complete Links post
Prior part
Spoiler: The Revelation • show
Lalli bleakly looked at the knowledge that the three of them, himself, Mikkel and Sigrun, were all about to die, and it was all his fault.

“Come in, weary travelers,” the man had said, ushering them in from the pounding rain outside. The fact that he was unnaturally pale had gone unremarked as he helped them remove their sopping jackets, but Lalli had sensed the Evil on him even then, choosing to ignore it until they were warm and dry...

Lalli had indeed ignored all the signs that said this was a trap, solely concerned with his selfish quest to find the Spirits, and so his companions were going to die. Even should some miracle deliver them, Lall doubted he would ever forgive himself.

Mikkel and Sigrun were lying unconscious on the floor, their chi blocked so that, even were she awake, Sigrun couldn’t have helped fight the Evil One opposing them.

“Give me your Bending!” the aforementioned Evil One demanded, sending bolts of obscene energy from his fingers into Lalli. “I, the mighty Sonew, demand it!”

Sonew was trying to become a Dark Avatar, but instead of being born with the ability to Bend each Element--in fact, he had been born unable to Bend at all--he was to steal each form of Bending from a hapless Bender who had wandered into his power. He had already stolen Air- and Fire-Bending before Lalli had delivered an Earth-Bender and a Water-Bender into his clutches.

The Island of Life-Benders had no Benders of Earth, Water, Air or Fire, but their Sages had found ways to ward against those Benders through runes charged via prayers to the Spirits. While Reynir was still very novice at such things, he had given everyone on the team a rune to ward them against the Death-Shades. Only Lalli was still carrying this rune (as part of his plans to plead with any Spirits he could locate) and when this Sonew had first tried to rend Lalli’s Water-Bending away from him, the rune had blocked the attack.

“Do you imagine a mere slip of paper is all that it takes to overcome me?” Sonew had thundered, but the rune had obviously given him pause. With a gesture, Sonew had charred the paper to ash, but he had waited until another gesture had blown that ash to pieces before resuming his assault on Lalli.

Now Lalli could feel his Bending being ripped away from him, as Sonew Bent and blocked Lalli’s chi. In another minute, Lalli would be as helpless as Mikkel and Sigrun, and then Sonew would have no further need of any of them.

In an instant, the rather dimly burning torches flared into blinding teal splendor, while lines of aquamarine fire ignited on the floor to form a giant Fire-Bending sigil around... Emil.

Wait, how had Emil arrived there? Lalli’s heart rose and fell almost simultaneously. Had his folly now brought doom to his friend, as well? And would the other two be next?

“You are a Fire-Bender, I see.” Sonew was calm now, assured in his new mastery of the Four Elements.

Emil made no reply.

“I have no need of a Fire-Bender,” Sonew sneered. Then he made a dismissive gesture, and turned back to Lalli. A burst of yellow-orange flame followed his motion toward Emil.

Emil’s eyes glowed with an icy blue fire that was all their own. An instant later, the wave of fire heading at him turned blue and began rolling back toward Sonew, who nearly missed it until it was too late.

As an ever-more-desperate Sonew grappled with the flames he could no longer Bend to his will, Emil pointed to Mikkel, Sigrun, and then Lalli. Lalli could feel his chi straining against Sonew’s blocks for just an instant before the blocks gave way, and he could move again.

Now Emil returned his attention to the straining Sonew, who was fighting to keep the flames back. Emil raised his hand out toward the other man--and then clenched it into a fist.

The flames surrounding Sonew flared almost white as they consumed him; then they vanished, leaving a statue of ash for just a moment before a huge gust of wind burst into the center of the room, sucking away every trace of the would-be Dark Avatar.

Emil’s eyes rolled up until only the whites showed, and he fainted...

Spoiler: Authorial Notes • show
So, if you turn soNew upside down...

...you get the worst movie ever made.

Also, Emil is not the Avatar, either. What just happened, however, illustrates why he’s so afraid of himself...

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2756 on: November 28, 2016, 02:52:49 AM »
Please enjoy herewith chap. 21 in Reynir's superhero AU story, in which Lalli seems to be the answer to those questions:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6610714/chapters/19899952

Elleth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Sgru'd
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #2757 on: November 29, 2016, 07:53:04 AM »
I've got some seasonal Sigrun/Tuuri silliness to share.  ;D

Mistlefoe
In Dalsnes, some old-world customs have acquired a peculiar flavour. Tuuri makes the best of it.
Á tarë quildë, á harë tínë.

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

:germany: (native) :uk: (fluent) :vaticancity: (had to) :spain: (okay) :denmark: (learning) :france: (learning)

Anna

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • A majestic circle cat
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #2758 on: November 29, 2016, 08:26:31 AM »
Yay, more from Windy!  :D
:chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:
:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
:book2::book3::book4:

And remember what peace there may be in silence.

Dverghamrar

• Tumblr
  • Disciple of Katla
« Reply #2759 on: December 01, 2016, 05:57:39 PM »
The first chapter of a major long fic project of mine:

Title: There's A Room (Where The Light Won't Find You
Pairings/Characters: Reynir/Lalli, Tuuri/Sigrun, Mikkel & Emil, Original Characters, Árni Reynisson/OFC (eventual Árni/Guðrún), Ensi.
Words: ~ 5,500 words for this chapter
Rating: Teen   
Content/Warning: No warnings to give. Contents/Tags: Mystery,  Action/Adventure, Government Conspiracy, Magic-Users, Dreamworld Shenanigans, Mikkel and Emil are the Silent World's Science Bros, Romance, Some Humor

Summary: As the expedition crew make their way to the Odense University Hospital, a young woman in Sweden paints their journey as she envisions them in her dreams. Mikkel and Emil join their heads together to decipher a code left in the helix of a potential cure. Tuuri and Sigrun both learn that sometimes monsters outside the tank can be easier to defeat than the ones in the walls separating them.

And Reynir and Lalli embark on a miles-long journey while lying still, with nothing but the torn pages of Árni Reynisson's journal to guide them towards a startling discovery.

-

And since this 'verse keeps expanding, I decided to make an info page for the Mageverse here. :)
♫ ♪ Sharing secrets with another world
Rubbing shoulders with some unknown lovers
♪ ♫
:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
AO3 (Mageverse) | Twitter | Tumblr
Fluent: :usa:
Various degrees of fluency: :arableague: :mexico: :japan: :italy:
Now acquiring: :germany:
Wishlist: :iceland::finland:
O