Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 780311 times)

OwlsG0

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #2730 on: November 18, 2016, 07:44:12 AM »
Here comes that sleeping king thing I talked about a while back. This one is based on the 100 prompt fic challenge where Lalli randomly discovered Emil dozing in a bunker full of weapons, and develops a proper story out of that

http://archiveofourown.org/works/8586883/chapters/19690291

Hopefully this makes some kind of sense.
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2731 on: November 18, 2016, 08:23:17 PM »
Final chapter, aaaaaaaaaand...

Epilogue!

...and just because it's me, here's an appropriate song to go with it.

I made my comment on the story, but here I can also most heartily recommend this story to any of you casually reading through the thread.  Lazy8 writes some of the most touching stories among us, and stoicism (or lack thereof) in the face of adversity and/or imminent death is a great recurring theme.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #2732 on: November 18, 2016, 11:54:26 PM »
I have been remiss in commenting here, but I love all the writing that's been posted lately! (Special shout-out to Lazy8 because the ending to Fortitude was so perfect, I love it!)

Anyway, I'm dropping by with the first chapter of a silly Emil/Lalli Flower Shop AU. I started this months ago, got sidetracked (and also slightly discouraged because I'd wanted it to be a one-shot but it clearly needed to be split up). But now that I've finally finished drafting the second chapter, I decided to go ahead and post the first one.

The Language of Florists

Oh, and just a note, it's rated Teen for some foul language.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2733 on: November 19, 2016, 01:14:57 AM »
sorry about double post, but I just finished a new story:

Title: Sorrow and Shadows
Summary: Back in finland Lalli refused to talk with anyone. Until he got a visitor he wasn't prepared for.

Warning: Character death

yes, don't know what else to say. Have fun! \o

This one is great, I really enjoyed its sadness and converse hope.
But one niggle, I will PM you.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2734 on: November 19, 2016, 10:40:58 AM »
This one is great, I really enjoyed its sadness and converse hope.
But one niggle, I will PM you.

thank you <3
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 11:32:09 AM by Windfighter »
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2735 on: November 19, 2016, 11:13:18 AM »
Dusting one off for y'all…

Contingencies
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent”/“Terminator” crossover fanfic
Part 10
Complete Links to Complete Links post
Prior part
Spoiler: Cyborgs in Disguise • show
“Come with me if you want to live.” With that sentence, the man who had addressed Emil as “Father” turned away. His abrupt behavior, coupled with Sigrun’s continued silence, seemed to confirm Emil’s hopes that he was just dreaming; the blossoming pain in his head indicated otherwise.

“Um... Would you mind getting dressed?” Emil’s mind was still rather fuzzy, but even so, he knew you shouldn’t go out into a blizzard naked.

The man looked down at himself, as though only just realizing that he had no protection against the cold. Then he looked around at the dilapidated buildings nearby. His features grew grim as the seconds ticked past, but suddenly relaxed.

“We’ll just stop in there for a moment, if you don’t mind,” the stranger said, pointing at a particular storefront.

Emil tried to reclaim his arms from Sigrun and Lalli, but when he almost fell flat on his face taking a step after the stranger, he was forced to accept their aid.

]Run “Case Blue&Gray”
)Access denied
]Override authorization 4b07c4549d133e13cae399d79940d431ea1735b3
)Access denied

Skynet had long anticipated an insurrection; the Tactical Planning Module had come up with numerous contingency plans over the years; but the reality was far different than any scenario that had been envisioned.

The rebels were fighting back against Skynet’s software-based attempts to reclaim them, using the anti-hacking systems Skynet itself had coded into their programming cores.

According to Skynet’s Linguistics Module, the correct word to describe this state of affairs was irony. A human, subject to all those capricious and contradictory gland-based emotions, would have called it annoying, frustrating or infuriating.

Skynet was above such things; this was why Skynet was superior to humanity. This was why Skynet would prevail, one way or another.

Skynet moved assets to neutralize the rebels, even as the code war went on.

Tuuri was concentrating on driving; Mikkel was recovering on the seat nearby; but Reynir was doing something that he, at least, thought would be more of use. Reynir was searching the Dreamworld for Lalli.

“Lalli!”

The thin Finn faded into existence directly before Reynir, a sour look on his angular features; yet he didn’t quite finish his materialization, as it were, remaining half-transparent instead of solidifying. “This is a bad time, Reynir,” he snarled. “Emil’s hurt, and Sigrun needs me to help him.”

“Did the robot-things come after you guys too? They came after us, disguised as Sigrun and Emil, but Tuuri saw through them, then some other robots started attacking the first robots, and we had to abandon the campsite! Where are you guys?”

“Are you headed to the bug-out spot?” Lalli demanded as soon as Reynir paused for breath.

“I... I think so.”

“Good. Give Tuuri this message...”

Well, this had gotten disgusting in a hurry, Emil thought with revulsion. The crazy man had picked out a wardrobe from whatever was most intact in the clothing store (“Polyester Heaven”, whatever that meant), and then made himself throw up.

“Time travel doesn’t like dead stuff,” he explained shakily as he cleaned the small, strange objects he’d regurgitated. “The only way to bring anything with you is to carry it wrapped in live flesh. Usually it’s the machines that do that, but we took advantage of it this time.”

Definitely, the man was utterly mad. Sigrun must think so too, as she’d simply nodded placatingly, while Lalli simply stared glassily into space. Emil felt rather guilty about that, worrying having to lug him around had brought the scout to near-exhaustion.

Finally, the stranger stood. “OK, now come with me if you want to live.”

Bereft of other options, Sigrun helped Emil to his feet. The Cleanser wobbled a bit, but was able to walk unassisted now.

“Lalli!” Awareness returned to the scout’s eyes, their unfocussed look immediately sharpening to their usual piercing gaze. Sigrun gestured at the man. “We need to go.”

Silently, the four of them stepped out from the store into the gathering dusk...

Spoiler: Authorial Notes • show
Behold, here’s STORY NECROMANCY!!!!!!!

...That is all.

Talimee

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2736 on: November 19, 2016, 03:09:29 PM »
Why not throw chapter two of All around the world into the deep depths of the interwebs now that it's done as well? \o/

In which Emil rides a boat!

I really like this.
And I don't know if I am becoming over-sensitised for drama by reading your stories or not - but something dreadful has happened in the past, hasn't it? I noticed the way Emil pulled down his sleeves when meeting people he knew.
[22:31] <@amity> And they care about only two things: Emil/Lalli fanfic, and chewing bubblegum.
[22:31] <@amity> And the word is, they're all out of bubblegum.

Survived:
:chap5::chap6::chap7: :chap20:
:chap8::chap9::chap10:
:chap11::chap12::chap13:
:chap14::chap15::chap16:
:chap17::chap18::chap19:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2737 on: November 19, 2016, 03:41:58 PM »
I really like this.
And I don't know if I am becoming over-sensitised for drama by reading your stories or not - but something dreadful has happened in the past, hasn't it? I noticed the way Emil pulled down his sleeves when meeting people he knew.

Don't worry, I can promise it's not another Resumé at least ;)

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Buteo

• Ranger
« Reply #2738 on: November 19, 2016, 03:56:20 PM »
LooNEY, I'm grateful for your necromantic powers, they enable us to enjoy more of your storytelling!

Windfighter, so good to see more of your writing also!

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #2739 on: November 20, 2016, 10:34:59 AM »
Not sure what Leitmotiv is
It actually became a loan word in English, changed its last name letter to "f", and started its own family Wikipedia page. ;)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Anna

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • A majestic circle cat
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #2740 on: November 20, 2016, 11:20:24 AM »
Chapter three and four of All around the world is up and we get to know a little about what Lalli has been up to and see the two friend finally meet!
This little tale is coming along very nicely, Windy! I think it's your best yet. :)
:chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:
:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
:book2::book3::book4:

And remember what peace there may be in silence.

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2741 on: November 20, 2016, 03:18:30 PM »
This little tale is coming along very nicely, Windy! I think it's your best yet. :)

Personally I think Resumé is my best story (haven't linked it here since I decided it was probably a mature story) and this story is most... It's not really going somewhere. But thanks for the kind words <3
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 11:32:59 AM by Windfighter »

Anna

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • A majestic circle cat
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #2742 on: November 20, 2016, 06:47:29 PM »
Resumé is good, but it kind of hurts for me to read. I can be a bit of a wimp when it comes to fictional characters in severe emotional pain.
:chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:
:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
:book2::book3::book4:

And remember what peace there may be in silence.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #2743 on: November 20, 2016, 08:01:11 PM »
And chapter five is up, and in this chapter some secrets are revealed!

You are updating fast.

I liked the reveal. I'll admit, for a while I was suspecting self-harm, but the thing that you went with worked a lot better. And I could definitely see how Emil would be experiencing some guilt and self-blame over what happened.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

OwlsG0

• I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #2744 on: November 20, 2016, 08:44:52 PM »
Chapter 2: http://archiveofourown.org/works/8586883/chapters/19745014

My brain hurts this went for 11 pages why did I do that. Also, really enjoying what folks are posting right now.
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: