Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 780541 times)

OwlsG0

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #2655 on: October 01, 2016, 12:11:44 AM »
The chapter, or the coincidence?

The coincidence. No, I like the chapter, I like Tuuri learning some moves so she can kick ass better.
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #2656 on: October 01, 2016, 01:24:14 AM »
That chapter almost made me take up smoking.... Now I know why winds of winter is taking forever. I could see the stuff we want to come after that chapter but that one was a slog...
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

OwlsG0

« Reply #2657 on: October 01, 2016, 01:30:54 AM »
That chapter almost made me take up smoking.... Now I know why winds of winter is taking forever. I could see the stuff we want to come after that chapter but that one was a slog...

Hang in there, guys, you're doing really well
I saw the future.

Minutia_R

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she or they
« Reply #2658 on: October 01, 2016, 02:06:39 PM »
Wrote this yesterday, but forgot to link it here:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/8168452

A little reaction piece to page 608.  Warning for implied character death and general darkness; nothing graphic though.

I really hope it doesn't go this way in the comic!

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #2659 on: October 01, 2016, 05:55:16 PM »
What, I'm the one trying to abate the forum's trauma by posting some ridiculous crack? What madness is this!?

93. Give Up
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #2660 on: October 01, 2016, 05:57:33 PM »
What, I'm the one trying to abate the forum's trauma by posting some ridiculous crack? What madness is this!?

93. Give Up

I couldn't figure out the first time. Then it hit me.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #2661 on: October 01, 2016, 06:40:35 PM »

93. Give Up

Sigrun might appreciate a book form of the film Dog Soldiers.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

OwlsG0

« Reply #2662 on: October 01, 2016, 07:09:21 PM »
http://archiveofourown.org/works/7972633/chapters/18236533

Mikkel and Tuuri. Emotions and stuff.

(and so closes the relationships challenge. On to bigger, angstier things!)
I saw the future.

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
  • Preferred pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #2663 on: October 03, 2016, 12:06:20 PM »
Ok, well, I was told I should post my updates up here... :V

An In-Depth Analysis of White's Seahorses: http://archiveofourown.org/works/6371965

"Mikkel Madsen and Sigrun Eide met in strange circumstances ten years ago. Now, they're expected to co-lead a research mission offshore of Australia in dangerous waters and a dubious legal situation. Officially, they're observing the habits of endangered sea creatures. Unofficially, they're hunting for the remains of a sunken ship that reportedly carried thousands of dollars worth of ancient coins. Their crew? Four of the least qualified people possible."

Mikkel/Sigrun, 6/???? chapters, currently 11,000 words.
Geologist | Writer | Artist

“What’s the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can’t blow something up?’”

- Terry Pratchett - Reaper Man

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2664 on: October 05, 2016, 04:53:11 PM »
...aaaaaaaaaaand the silliness continues.

95. Advertisement

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2665 on: October 05, 2016, 11:54:05 PM »
In which I'm a dirty double poster, because I've decided we haven't had enough mood whiplash lately.

96. Into the Storm

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #2666 on: October 07, 2016, 10:35:03 PM »
*crawls in and drops off another Reynir/Tuuri fic* It's been waaaaaay too long since I finished something, oh my gosh. Anyway, here's this: Shepherd's Song. No warnings, except possibly saccharine-levels of sweetness.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2667 on: October 08, 2016, 03:29:36 AM »
I have posted chap. 15 of the superhero AU fic, http://archiveofourown.org/works/6610714/chapters/18876842, in which we hear Sigrun say, "That was a crap bridge."  Also, things may not be so cosy in Reynir's castle after all, as he overhears some worrying talk. 

Time to curl up in bed with a good dose Lazy8's latest offerings!

:'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 09:43:15 PM by wavewright62 »
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2668 on: October 09, 2016, 08:52:17 PM »
Get ready…

The Red Herring League
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent”/Superhero AU fanfic
Part 8
Complete Links to Complete Links post
Prior part
Spoiler: The Trouble with Trials and More Troubles • show
Well, whatever the Phantom Strike had expected when he’d run into the unplumbed streets of Odense, it wasn’t what he found.

Amid an increasing number of grossling attacks (and the League’s own suspicions of who had slipped them the mickeys and why), they had been ordered by rather peremptory voices over the radio to proceed immediately on a sortie to Odense, where rumor had it that the ruins of the University Hospital still held what research toward a cure that Y0 science had managed before that stronghold had fallen. Kastellet and Amalienborg were to fend for themselves for the time being.

It had taken them upwards of two weeks in their slow but steady (but SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW) FELINOPEDE to reach the outskirts of Odense, and Lalli was on his very first foray into the heart of the town. He was actually on his way back, scouting an alternate approach route, when he found them.

A great mass of thousands upon thousands of roughly fist-sized balls of sparkly golden fur filled the street in front of Lalli, and they were all cooing, oddly enough. The cooing got louder and more enthusiastic when the creatures noticed Lalli, and the closest ones began rolling in his direction.

Well then. Lalli hadn’t lived so long by being curious to the point of foolishness. He retreated a block or so in a blink, but the strange creatures just kept following him. They repeated this dance a few more times, until--

The troll was both stealthy and fast, so it was on Lalli almost before he knew it. He was the Phantom Strike, though, and so the split second the troll gave him to react was more than enough. He circled around behind the troll and stabbed it through the brain thrice in the interval before it would have hit him. It had just enough time before it died to look bewildered.

What really intrigued Lalli, though, was how the small furry creatures reacted to the troll. The cooing immediately ceased, replaced by a high-pitched squeal so intense that Lalli suspected it was meant as a weapon. As they squealed, the creatures shook and writhed, as though in pain from the troll’s very presence.

This could be very interesting indeed...

Back at the FELINOPEDE, Emil was starting to get worried about Lalli, so Sigrun challenged him to a trial of marksmanship to get his mind off it. Just as she did, a few small grosslings decided to see what all the noise was about, providing the two contestants with live targets.

Now, the Red Terror was good at making precise stabs and slashes with her blades, but for distance kills, she usually threw something large and heavy enough that precision of aim was less important. The Firework was similarly precise in close-in work and less so for distance. Thus, the match was more or less balanced, though Emil’s preoccupation over Lalli’s safety interfered with his aim enough in the early rounds for Sigrun to complain that he “wasn’t even trying”.

Emil was the first to hear the weird, high-pitched squeals from the direction Lalli had gone, but soon, even Sigrun could no longer deny that there was some kind of really weird noise coming from the city... and getting closer to them by the moment.

Lalli appeared around a far corner, moving quite slowly, for him; the reason became apparent, if rather unbelievable, as soon as the little balls of fur poured around the corner after him. Emil eventually recovered enough to look over at Sigrun, and marveled anew: it was the first time he’d ever seen her utterly dumbfounded.

It was then that the furballs became aware of Emil.

It was a most peculiar predicament that faced them, and especially Mikkel, as he was manning the radio. Given his known penchant for practical jokes, who on Earth would believe him when he reported that the expedition had been halted by a pack of living hairballs that seemed determined to lovingly smother the Phantom Strike and the Firework (who was far too kind to try to burn them off and keep them away with his flames)?

Certainly, such a conundrum was unheard of in the annals of the Known World...

Spoiler: Authorial Notes • show

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2669 on: October 09, 2016, 09:13:39 PM »
Get ready…

The Red Herring League
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent”/Superhero AU fanfic
Part 8
Complete Links to Complete Links post
Prior part
Spoiler: The Trouble with Trials and More Troubles • show
Well, whatever the Phantom Strike had expected when he’d run into the unplumbed streets of Odense, it wasn’t what he found.

Amid an increasing number of grossling attacks (and the League’s own suspicions of who had slipped them the mickeys and why), they had been ordered by rather peremptory voices over the radio to proceed immediately on a sortie to Odense, where rumor had it that the ruins of the University Hospital still held what research toward a cure that Y0 science had managed before that stronghold had fallen. Kastellet and Amalienborg were to fend for themselves for the time being.

It had taken them upwards of two weeks in their slow but steady (but SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW) FELINOPEDE to reach the outskirts of Odense, and Lalli was on his very first foray into the heart of the town. He was actually on his way back, scouting an alternate approach route, when he found them.

A great mass of thousands upon thousands of roughly fist-sized balls of sparkly golden fur filled the street in front of Lalli, and they were all cooing, oddly enough. The cooing got louder and more enthusiastic when the creatures noticed Lalli, and the closest ones began rolling in his direction.

Well then. Lalli hadn’t lived so long by being curious to the point of foolishness. He retreated a block or so in a blink, but the strange creatures just kept following him. They repeated this dance a few more times, until--

The troll was both stealthy and fast, so it was on Lalli almost before he knew it. He was the Phantom Strike, though, and so the split second the troll gave him to react was more than enough. He circled around behind the troll and stabbed it through the brain thrice in the interval before it would have hit him. It had just enough time before it died to look bewildered.

What really intrigued Lalli, though, was how the small furry creatures reacted to the troll. The cooing immediately ceased, replaced by a high-pitched squeal so intense that Lalli suspected it was meant as a weapon. As they squealed, the creatures shook and writhed, as though in pain from the troll’s very presence.

This could be very interesting indeed...

Back at the FELINOPEDE, Emil was starting to get worried about Lalli, so Sigrun challenged him to a trial of marksmanship to get his mind off it. Just as she did, a few small grosslings decided to see what all the noise was about, providing the two contestants with live targets.

Now, the Red Terror was good at making precise stabs and slashes with her blades, but for distance kills, she usually threw something large and heavy enough that precision of aim was less important. The Firework was similarly precise in close-in work and less so for distance. Thus, the match was more or less balanced, though Emil’s preoccupation over Lalli’s safety interfered with his aim enough in the early rounds for Sigrun to complain that he “wasn’t even trying”.

Emil was the first to hear the weird, high-pitched squeals from the direction Lalli had gone, but soon, even Sigrun could no longer deny that there was some kind of really weird noise coming from the city... and getting closer to them by the moment.

Lalli appeared around a far corner, moving quite slowly, for him; the reason became apparent, if rather unbelievable, as soon as the little balls of fur poured around the corner after him. Emil eventually recovered enough to look over at Sigrun, and marveled anew: it was the first time he’d ever seen her utterly dumbfounded.

It was then that the furballs became aware of Emil.

It was a most peculiar predicament that faced them, and especially Mikkel, as he was manning the radio. Given his known penchant for practical jokes, who on Earth would believe him when he reported that the expedition had been halted by a pack of living hairballs that seemed determined to lovingly smother the Phantom Strike and the Firework (who was far too kind to try to burn them off and keep them away with his flames)?

Certainly, such a conundrum was unheard of in the annals of the Known World...

Spoiler: Authorial Notes • show

OH MY GOSH LOONEY  *falls over laughing*
This is brilliant.
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain: