Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 780312 times)

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #2595 on: September 16, 2016, 10:22:43 PM »
Oh believe me I know the struggle. There are only five prompts left to do, and I'm still struggling to figure out which prompts I have yet to fill. If there's one chapter you really want to find then feel free to shoot me a PM. I've almost got the whos and what's memorised after spending nearly five months working on this

WHOA wait, you mean you haven't been tracking which ones you've done? O_O I don't know how you've managed not to get mixed up with so many! I have a file with all the prompts listed and I mark whenever I finish one. Without that I can't imagine keeping them straight.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

OwlsG0

• I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #2596 on: September 16, 2016, 10:59:34 PM »
WHOA wait, you mean you haven't been tracking which ones you've done? O_O I don't know how you've managed not to get mixed up with so many! I have a file with all the prompts listed and I mark whenever I finish one. Without that I can't imagine keeping them straight.

Oh no I have listed and labelled them. The thing is sometimes I leave a prompt half-finished and move on to finish others as the motivation compels me, but I don't quite know which ones are finished and which one's aren't. I've been slowly trawling through my files looking for ones which are half-completed.
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #2597 on: September 17, 2016, 03:19:22 AM »
Still not caught up with the thread, but I got bit with the bug to write tonight.

A Short Lesson. A brief story peering into the history of the seafaring peoples descendant of the Chinese, US and Russian Navies.

The Guardians of Atom My first foray into Fanfiction, the stylized tale of how 6 men saved the world.

Strelock's Journal A companion piece to the Guardians of Atom, the written record of Operation Conductor.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2598 on: September 18, 2016, 05:10:24 PM »
Sigrun’s Shenanigans
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent” fanfic
Part 2
Complete Links to Complete Links post
Prior part
Spoiler: How the Whale-Beast Fell • show
So, I told you how I don’t really like going after water-bound grosslings on land, but this one was different.

This one almost destroyed Dalsnes all by itself, and of course, I was the one who finally killed it.

Well, of course the others helped; but my final blow was the killing blow.

See, this sea-beast wasn’t just a turned seal, or even a former orca, which can get really nasty, believe me. No, this was something different. When we looked at its corpse, the wisest of our elders said that it had once been the greatest and rarest of whales, the Blue Whale.

Whatever it had been, it was a grossling now; moreover, it counted as a giant by size alone, even among the oversized sea-beasts. The thing was hundreds of meters long, and it seemed like every bit of it was a flailing tentacle, a slashing rib-claw, or a ravening pseudo-maw.

It was pretty arrogant, too: it swam right up our fjord and hit Dalsnes directly, after smashing all the barriers in its way, like there was nothing we could do that would stop it.

Nobody in the Known World ever survived by giving up, and Dalsnes in particular is not home to those who would be inclined to do so. Even the non-immunes were shooting and throwing spears at the thing before it even pulled itself out of the water--some of them were even crying with joy at finally being able to fight.

Well, as soon as it appeared, we threw everything we had at it--even a couple of the longships in port tried ramming the thing, but nothing happened. It just kept pulling itself forward with all those tentacles and rib-claws, as though we were tossing spitballs its way.

It was making its way up the main street towards the feasting hall, pausing to grab at anyone who got too close, and not a thing we were doing had even slowed it down.

This was where I came in.

See, I’d been watching the thing really carefully since it pulled itself ashore, studying it to find that one weak spot all grosslings have: its brain. It took me almost half an hour of looking really hard to spot it, and of course the thing kept its brains more or less in the center of its mass of lashing death.

My Dad has this really super huge sword he got from one of the Old Scots who came to Dalsnes with Old Man MacMurray; they call it a “Claymore”, and it’s almost too big to use when you’re troll Hunting, so he keeps it in a place of honor in his and Mom’s trophy room. I made tracks to break it out, believe me.

So, I knew where the thing’s kill-spot was, and I had a weapon that could finish it off, but how could I get to it?

I had pretty much resolved that I’d have to try a flying leap from one of the nearby buildings as the thing went past, but Fate decreed otherwise. As I was looking at the buildings to figure out which I should jump from, Crazy Ivor called to me.

Crazy Ivor. That guy helped me get in more trouble than any ten of the other kids in Dalsnes, and now, he was going to help me save Dalsnes.

Being launched from a catapult--OK, Ivor called it a “trebuchet”, but a catapult’s a catapult--well, it’s seriously fun. I almost forgot why I was doing it, it was so fun. Be that as it may, I landed right where I should, using the force of my landing to drive the claymore right into the Whale-Beast’s brain.

I was cutting, hacking and slashing for a good five minutes more before the thing finally bit the dust, but in the end, I lasted longer than it did.

And speaking of outlasting things, that reminds me of another story...

Spoiler: Authorial Notes • show
Just another one I’m dusting off to update--but I will be updating more frequently.

Buteo

• Ranger
« Reply #2599 on: September 18, 2016, 06:53:32 PM »
LooNEY, that sounds like our Sigrun, all right!
I'd love to see an animated short film made of this.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2600 on: September 18, 2016, 08:20:34 PM »
Yay Looney! Good story.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2601 on: September 18, 2016, 09:11:52 PM »
So, while most of us have put up our stuff here, there have been a couple of omissions recently:

AmaranthineAmusement posted two new chapters of "An In-Depth Analysis of White's Seahorses"

and

Kiraly posted a new chapter of "After the End, Before the Beginning".

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #2602 on: September 18, 2016, 10:39:13 PM »
Here, have this thing.

90. Triangle
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2603 on: September 19, 2016, 12:39:29 AM »
Here, have this thing.

90. Triangle

I quite liked this one. Suspected it would be a love triangle, but with Lalli and Kitty? Unexpected and good! :D
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

OwlsG0

« Reply #2604 on: September 19, 2016, 10:18:55 PM »
59: No way out http://archiveofourown.org/works/6445972/chapters/18531097

A short look at the fierce competition between the Tank's two cats, from Kitty's perspective

(Didn't mean to copy Lazy's newest material. Wrote this up before I read what they posted. Sorry for the repetition of ideas)
I saw the future.

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #2605 on: September 19, 2016, 10:51:39 PM »
Stop tugging on the same threads of fate you guys.. it's bad for the fabric of reality.

*does nothing to hide the twisting and weaving wreckage of multiple timelines and counter timelines of just one of my characters in world of warcrack*

....and that's not even counting retconned branching timelines.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #2606 on: September 20, 2016, 12:25:36 PM »
59: No way out http://archiveofourown.org/works/6445972/chapters/18531097

A short look at the fierce competition between the Tank's two cats, from Kitty's perspective

(Didn't mean to copy Lazy's newest material. Wrote this up before I read what they posted. Sorry for the repetition of ideas)

Ha! That's great! I especially like the names kitty gives the crew.  :'D
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

OwlsG0

« Reply #2607 on: September 21, 2016, 08:48:53 AM »
http://archiveofourown.org/works/7972633/chapters/18568597

chapter three of the relationships challenge, involving Tuuri and Emil and a nice chat on top of the Tank.
I saw the future.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2608 on: September 21, 2016, 08:53:47 PM »
http://archiveofourown.org/works/7972633/chapters/18568597

chapter three of the relationships challenge, involving Tuuri and Emil and a nice chat on top of the Tank.

A "nice" chat?  hahahaha, A veritable snark-fest of a chat! 
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

OwlsG0

« Reply #2609 on: September 21, 2016, 11:17:55 PM »
A "nice" chat?  hahahaha, A veritable snark-fest of a chat!

I like to imagine that Tuuri was reclining on the windshield in about the same way that cat's reclining in your profile picture.
I saw the future.