Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 780139 times)

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #2235 on: June 09, 2016, 09:59:54 PM »
Hi, more grimdark. I decided to play a bit with an idea that I believe was first put forth by Loony. Once again, please read the warnings. *flees*

70. Bound and Gagged
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

OwlsG0

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #2236 on: June 10, 2016, 01:04:39 AM »
17: Blood http://archiveofourown.org/works/6445972/chapters/16242041

Reynir and his sinuses have a problem with timing. Nosebleeds galore.
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2237 on: June 10, 2016, 06:35:50 AM »
17: Blood http://archiveofourown.org/works/6445972/chapters/16242041

Reynir and his sinuses have a problem with timing. Nosebleeds galore.
Looks like his parents may have some circulation issues as well! Hee.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

lilith_queen

• Tumblr
« Reply #2238 on: June 10, 2016, 04:33:45 PM »
Two cute, shippy things I posted on AO3.

1. At first, Lalli's not sure whether he's feeling love or indigestion. He thinks he might've preferred the indigestion. At least it's not all for nothing. ft. Mikkel's sage advice and Tuuri being a good cousin.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/7106257

2. In the heat of the moment after Lalli uses his magic to save Emil’s life in battle (and incidentally does something pretty cool with a flamethrower), Emil impulsively asks Lalli to marry him. They aren’t even dating yet, but Lalli likes this idea. He likes it a lot. Emil is stunned to realize that he is not joking.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/7158260

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2239 on: June 10, 2016, 10:53:32 PM »
The expansion of the superhero AU story I submitted for round 1 of the fic exchange has started. 

This bit is mostly just exposition, picking up the story where the first chapter left off.
Spoiler: "Chapter 2" • show
"Surprise, You're in Norway! Now Eat Your Breakfast."
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6610714/chapters/16262021

Thanks to Noodly Appendage, whose SSSSona Sonja enters the story here.  Others will appear in the story as it goes on.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 11:08:41 PM by wavewright62 »
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2240 on: June 10, 2016, 10:58:21 PM »
I have a feeling I'll get hate mail for this.

Oh, well.

The Red Herring League
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent”/Superhero AU fanfic
Part 6
Complete Links to Complete Links post
Prior part
Spoiler: Interlude in Scarlet • show
The grossling onslaught began before the sun had even mostly set, beginning with, of all things, a Sjødraug awkwardly lumbering after the FELINOPEDE as Super Tuuri drove along what was once a rail yard.

Sjødraugur were terribly hard to fight, as their great masses of Rash-flesh made them almost as invulnerable as the Red Terror was, so the battle was long and intense. Fortunately, Sjødraugur were also quite rare, so when the rest of the grossling horde arrived, they were much more easily dealt with.

Since they weren’t falling asleep on their feet, Sigrun, Emil and Lalli made short work of that second wave of grosslings, and the third, and the fourth. By the time the fifth wave hit, though, they were sure something was up.

“Is it just me,” Emil said, frying another pair of wolf-beasts trying to jump him, “or are these grosslings unusually persistent?”

Sigrun nodded in assent and hit a small giant with a nearby building. It was old and crumbly, though, so the giant was only mostly crushed, which didn’t cut it with grosslings.

Right in the middle of the battle, though, there was a mighty thunderclap and a dazzling flash of light, out of which stepped... Emil. This Emil was decidedly not the Firework, though; he wasn’t on fire, and his costume was totally different. He wore a blue outfit with gold stripes and carried a round shield with a pompous Swedish lion proudly blazoned upon it; his matching blue mask left his sparkly golden hair free to shimmer in the fading light.

“Flee in terror, grosslings, for now you face CAPTAIN SPARKLE, the SWEDISH AVENGER!”

Sigrun started laughing helplessly as she ripped the nearest grossling’s head off; the Firework couldn’t see what was so funny. Still, the Red Terror laughed her way through another six or seven grosslings, after which the rest had in fact fled.

While she was still giggling, Captain Sparkle came up to her and gave her a bone-crushing hug. Sigrun was about to object when she noticed that he was crying.

Lalli, appearing as noiselessly as usual behind the sobbing hero, ventured a pat-pat to his hair, only to be swept up into the inescapable embrace. Lalli was not happy about this at all.

Eventually, the Firework was able to get Captain Sparkle to let the others go and to step aside to confer with his counterpart.

In the alternate reality from which the good Captain had just come, his team, the Norse Avengers, had recently been slaughtered almost to a man (Lall-Eye, the Winter Huntress and the Incredible Bulk were all dead, with War Mechanic and the Scarlet-Braided Wizard kept in protective comas after being Infected) by a dimension-hopping villain called... Törkeää Onni, Tuuri’s brother gone mad.

Too late to save his friends, the Captain had deciphered some of the madman’s tech and used it to try to follow him. He wasn’t sure whether he wanted to redeem Onni or to kill him; not that he told the Firework that. He didn’t need to.

The burning question now, though, was whether Onni had also come here, or had the Captain lost his trail?

Spoiler: Authorial Notes • show
AU-hopping? In a superhero story? Never!

Captain Sparkle is, of course, from here. (Turnabout is still fair play, Owl.)

(...And I abandon my newly formed plot as though it never existed--but only for the moment.)

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2241 on: June 10, 2016, 11:27:34 PM »
Oh, Emil...

71. Obsession

Jureeya

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • cold leaf
« Reply #2242 on: June 11, 2016, 12:40:57 AM »
Oh, Emil...

71. Obsession

ntbw but i really really really love this one a lot
Survived: :chap10:

Fluent: :usa: :spain:
Learned and currently forgetting: :japan: :vaticancity:
Learning: :sweden: :germany:

>Buy Me a Coffee<

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #2243 on: June 11, 2016, 03:24:02 AM »
Oh boy oh wow okay I actually went through with writing something. I'm all sorts of nervous because this is the first fanfiction I've written since middle school when I'd write lots of terrible Lord of the Rings and Justice League fanfiction. It's also the first creative writing I've done for fun in, wow, yeah, lots of years. So haaaaa *nervous laughter*

Dances with Nerds

I'm making a "everyone is a bunch of nerds and Emil plays too much DDR" AU and I hope to add more chapters to this eventually, but that might be a while u.u I have a few other things I wanna write too.

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

OwlsG0

• I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #2244 on: June 11, 2016, 07:17:05 AM »
84: Out cold http://archiveofourown.org/works/6445972/chapters/16268354

In which someone sleeps in a haven, but is not quite out-cold.

(Another Emil/Lalli epic.)
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #2245 on: June 11, 2016, 07:24:37 AM »
Here's the thing I posted in the multimedia exchange, based on Elleth's prompt. Enjoy!

Spoiler: sigruns first troll • show

On occasion, warriors are hurt badly enough to keep them from fighting, but not badly enough to kill them. Given the temperament of the average Norweigan, this is an understandably rare occurrence, as the vast majority of wounded Norweigans tend to glance at their crippling injuries, say something along the lines of “tis but a scratch”, and resume shooting, stabbing, and/or headbutting the nearest troll until one of the two expires.
Nonetheless, a small number of these debilitated veterans exists. Many of them find solace in civilian life, while others throw themselves into daring tasks despite their injuries (the most notable of which was Trask “Stumpy” Andersen, who, despite lacking three and a half of his four limbs, managed to board, commandeer, and sail a fishing skiff singlehandedly into a leviathan pod, ramming the nearest creature while cackling and flinging Molotov cocktails in all directions).

It is widely conjectured the latter group consists simply of the ones who have been driven insane by boredom.

On this particular day, it was also widely conjectured that No-Hands and One-Eye had joined this group.

The pair were, as nicknames go, somewhat badly named. For one, No-Hands actually had hands. They just so happened to be made of wood, steel, and bronze. One-Eye, in fact, was completely blind in his remaining eye. He hadn’t been originally, but there had been an incident involving a particularly rowdy wedding, a champagne bottle, and a washing machine.

This pair was, at this particular moment in time, waiting on the outskirts of one of the less dangerous forests in Norway (which meant you only had a one in two chance of being eaten, rather than five in six), and staring at a box.

The box in question was shaking visibly, and yelling. The yelling was not particularly complimentary, being mostly directed at the box itself, and a variety of unappealing attributes the box had.

“Never heard that one,” No-Hands said after a particularly inventive combination of swearwords.

“Yup,” One-Eye said.

“How much longer?” No-Hands asked.

“Not much,” One-Eye answered.

As if on cue, the top of the box finally yields to the occupant’s struggles, bursting open with a crack, revealing Sigrun Eide.
Sigrun Eide, teenage daughter of General Eide.
Sigrun Eide, who, when informed her babysitter (a man who resembled a small, ambulatory mountain) was secretly a troll, built a pit trap sufficient to both fool and contain said babysitter until authorities arrived. She was eight at the time, and had been disappointed that the babysitter was not, in fact, a troll.
Sigrun Eide, who these two particular unfortunates had been hired to take into this particular forest, so she could kill her first troll.

The girl- not a woman, until this was done- stretched, and said something that would cause most of Swedish or Icelandic high society to faint into their teacups before standing and brushing off the remains of the crate. “So you two are the guys who’re supposed to find me a troll to kill?” she asks- shouts, really. The two nod slowly, and Sigrun pumps her fist enthusiastically into the air. “Sweet!” Then she frowns. “Why don’t you guys have any guns?” she asks. “I mean, aren’t they needed?”
No-Hands shakes his head. “Not allowed. Traditional reasons,” he explains. Sigrun’s expression sours. “What happens if a troll or a giant shows up and you’re not prepared for it?” she asks angrily.
No-Hands doesn’t say a word, just swings his wood and iron fist into the nearest tree. The tree in question, a relatively young oak, buckles around the prosthetic, splintering easily. No-Hands pulls the artificial limb free easily. One-Eye, meanwhile, has drawn a sword out of his cane, holding it at the ready.
Sigrun gulps, then nods.
“What about me, though?” she asks.
No-Hands prods One-Eye, and the blind man puts his cane back together before pulling out a large knife with deceptive ease. He flips it and hands it hilt-first to Sigrun, who takes it with a grin.
“Awesome. Let’s go kill something,” she says.

-------------------------------

It takes them a very short time to find a troll, No-Hands reflects numbly, flying through the air. A very, very short time, he repeats, slamming into a tree trunk.

He was never going near Sigrun Eide again, he pledges, flopping face-first into the forest floor.

The troll in question roars loudly, before suddenly squealing and whimpering. Sigrun’s head pops into No-Hands field of vision. “Well,” she says happily. “That went wonderfully!”
No-Hands groans, then mutters something he’d heard from Sigrun when she was in the crate.

Honestly, he wished she’d go back into it.

Actions

Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Talimee

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2246 on: June 11, 2016, 08:08:46 AM »
I have a feeling I'll get hate mail for this.

Oh, well.

The Red Herring League
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent”/Superhero AU fanfic
Part 6
Complete Links to Complete Links post
Prior part
Spoiler: Interlude in Scarlet • show
The grossling onslaught began before the sun had even mostly set, beginning with, of all things, a Sjødraug awkwardly lumbering after the FELINOPEDE as Super Tuuri drove along what was once a rail yard.

Sjødraugur were terribly hard to fight, as their great masses of Rash-flesh made them almost as invulnerable as the Red Terror was, so the battle was long and intense. Fortunately, Sjødraugur were also quite rare, so when the rest of the grossling horde arrived, they were much more easily dealt with.

Since they weren’t falling asleep on their feet, Sigrun, Emil and Lalli made short work of that second wave of grosslings, and the third, and the fourth. By the time the fifth wave hit, though, they were sure something was up.

“Is it just me,” Emil said, frying another pair of wolf-beasts trying to jump him, “or are these grosslings unusually persistent?”

Sigrun nodded in assent and hit a small giant with a nearby building. It was old and crumbly, though, so the giant was only mostly crushed, which didn’t cut it with grosslings.

Right in the middle of the battle, though, there was a mighty thunderclap and a dazzling flash of light, out of which stepped... Emil. This Emil was decidedly not the Firework, though; he wasn’t on fire, and his costume was totally different. He wore a blue outfit with gold stripes and carried a round shield with a pompous Swedish lion proudly blazoned upon it; his matching blue mask left his sparkly golden hair free to shimmer in the fading light.

“Flee in terror, grosslings, for now you face CAPTAIN SPARKLE, the SWEDISH AVENGER!”

Sigrun started laughing helplessly as she ripped the nearest grossling’s head off; the Firework couldn’t see what was so funny. Still, the Red Terror laughed her way through another six or seven grosslings, after which the rest had in fact fled.

While she was still giggling, Captain Sparkle came up to her and gave her a bone-crushing hug. Sigrun was about to object when she noticed that he was crying.

Lalli, appearing as noiselessly as usual behind the sobbing hero, ventured a pat-pat to his hair, only to be swept up into the inescapable embrace. Lalli was not happy about this at all.

Eventually, the Firework was able to get Captain Sparkle to let the others go and to step aside to confer with his counterpart.

In the alternate reality from which the good Captain had just come, his team, the Norse Avengers, had recently been slaughtered almost to a man (Lall-Eye, the Winter Huntress and the Incredible Bulk were all dead, with War Mechanic and the Scarlet-Braided Wizard kept in protective comas after being Infected) by a dimension-hopping villain called... Törkeää Onni, Tuuri’s brother gone mad.

Too late to save his friends, the Captain had deciphered some of the madman’s tech and used it to try to follow him. He wasn’t sure whether he wanted to redeem Onni or to kill him; not that he told the Firework that. He didn’t need to.

The burning question now, though, was whether Onni had also come here, or had the Captain lost his trail?

Spoiler: Authorial Notes • show
AU-hopping? In a superhero story? Never!

Captain Sparkle is, of course, from here. (Turnabout is still fair play, Owl.)

(...And I abandon my newly formed plot as though it never existed--but only for the moment.)

I just jumped right into this - no earlier chapters red and nearly to no knowledge of superheroes. It was hilarious and gloriously absurd. XD Now, I think, I'll have some reading up to do.

Oh, Emil...

71. Obsession

D: This hit too close to home! *grabs Emil and crushes him in a hug* My poor, poor brother in spirit! Let us be short and fat and insecure together! TT^TT
[22:31] <@amity> And they care about only two things: Emil/Lalli fanfic, and chewing bubblegum.
[22:31] <@amity> And the word is, they're all out of bubblegum.

Survived:
:chap5::chap6::chap7: :chap20:
:chap8::chap9::chap10:
:chap11::chap12::chap13:
:chap14::chap15::chap16:
:chap17::chap18::chap19:

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2247 on: June 11, 2016, 05:03:03 PM »
ntbw but i really really really love this one a lot

Sorry, but what does that acronym stand for? Not to be... something?

And glad you enjoyed.

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #2248 on: June 11, 2016, 05:29:42 PM »
84: Out cold http://archiveofourown.org/works/6445972/chapters/16268354

In which someone sleeps in a haven, but is not quite out-cold.

(Another Emil/Lalli epic.)
Boy I'm really glad you wrote this for a multitude of reasons, not only was it beautiful and enjoyable to read but it supports my theory that being a mage automatically means that you're really super gay because magic is actually powered by your sheer gayness. This means that because Onni is the most powerful mage character in the comic he's also the most incredibly gay character. The only reason Emil can't do magic is because he doesn't believe in it, but if he did believe in magic he could harness his sheer gayness and become a formidably powerful mage, perhaps even more powerful than Onni.

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #2249 on: June 11, 2016, 05:32:11 PM »
Boy I'm really glad you wrote this for a multitude of reasons, not only was it beautiful and enjoyable to read but it supports my theory that being a mage automatically means that you're really super gay because magic is actually powered by your sheer gayness. This means that because Onni is the most powerful mage character in the comic he's also the most incredibly gay character. The only reason Emil can't do magic is because he doesn't believe in it, but if he did believe in magic he could harness his sheer gayness and become a formidably powerful mage, perhaps even more powerful than Onni.

*tilts head*
Part of me wants to say this can't possibly be correct, and another part of me is screaming *I ship it*. help

A third part might be waiting for Minna to confirm this....
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.