Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 779971 times)

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #2205 on: May 31, 2016, 11:32:08 PM »
In which I manufacture a flimsy excuse for Emil to dance with literally everyone.

61. Dance
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

OwlsG0

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #2206 on: June 01, 2016, 02:56:09 AM »
56: Murder http://archiveofourown.org/works/6445972/chapters/16037032

Sigrun is forced to do the unthinkable to protect her team.
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2207 on: June 01, 2016, 04:49:41 AM »
Closing one out…

Madsen’s Malmö Mayhem
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent” fanfic
Part 3

Spoiler: show
Mischief Mayhem Managed

Malmö lay under a fog of silence, though the sun shone brightly overhead. In this, the tenth summer since the Outbreak, Man had long since fled the old urban sprawls. Even with the Cure, fighting grosslings was no easy endeavor, and the more tightly packed the grosslings, the harder it got.

No, nothing stirred in the slowly crumbling agglomerations of glass and steel and concrete so seemingly bereft of life. Yet a twisted form of life remained, lurking and awaiting its opportunity to strike.

The sun was setting as the Cat-Tank crept into the university green. It would be a warm, dark night, the kind Men had learned to fear as “grossling nights”.

Once the last rays of the sun had vanished, rather than remaining as silent as possible, a set of hastily scavenged loudspeakers deployed, briefly squealing with high-pitched feedback before utterly shattering the usual nightly calm in the derelict city. Thundering, raucous music bellowed out in a tune first created and recorded in this very city, in a defiant challenge to the new rulers of the night.

For long minutes after the song ended, nothing seemed to stir on the green. Silence held sway for nearly an hour, until something shifted, like dry leaves rustling in a soft evening breeze.

The “cat ear” floodlights pulsed briefly,momentarily illuminating a crowd of hundreds or even thousands of grosslings of all shapes and sizes surrounding the Cat-Tank.

It was time.

Suddenly, thick barricades of twisted steel dropped into place, sealing off every exit from the green. The loudspeakers blared out again, but in a short and simple message rather than a song. “Oh, look. NOW YOU CAN’T LEAVE.”

Perhaps whatever was left of the humans in that vast assemblage of trolls and giants understood that message; perhaps the predators recognized an ambush not unlike the ones they tended to lay themselves. Whatever the reason, a shudder of unease rustled through the grosslings, but before any could begin a stampede away from the bait, it began.

Flames gouted in all directions from the crouching little vehicle, matched by fiery jets from the barricades as the edges of the crowd belatedly began to try to escape. This night belonged to Man, as would Malmö once more.

That particular trap only worked once, of course; but it had worked, and well enough that Cleansing Malmö, once beyond even the fantasies spewed by wild-eyed men, was virtually assured. In the months that followed, the grossling were pushed further and further back, until the day finally came when a cat could strut from one end of the city to the other without a hint of alarm.

Years only seem short when they’re fairly uneventful. It took many long years to Cleanse the rest of Sweden, Norway and Finland, but finally, and with no little elation, the Nordic Armies were ready to strike south into Denmark.

By this time, Iceland had been forced to open its borders, but only after a renovated Norwegian gunboat squadron had taken a lone ship of the Icelandic Coast Guard--by absorbing all the fire she could dish out until her magazines were empty, and then firing a warning shot across her bow. At that point, the Icelandic captain decided they would talk.

Now Icelander, Dane, Norwegian, Swede and Finn alike were ready to retake Silent Zealand. The Danes, particularly, held it as almost a holy endeavor.

After the Battle of Kastrup was won by the combined armies after the headstrong Danes had almost managed to lose it, what an ancient Sage of War had called “Methodismus” was put into play. Bit by bit, plot by plot, sometimes inch by inch was Copenhagen retaken.

Far off in Malmö, the six unlikely heroes who had made it all possible lay in a cenotaph of honor, and every year, the citizens held a Fire Festival in memory of the little band that had saved the city--and brought it a bit of mayhem.

Spoiler: Authorial Notes • show
Definitely an epilogue here.

+
The Complete Links to
Madsen’s Malmö Mayhem
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent” fanfic

I’m glad this one’s off my mind.

Elleth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Sgru'd
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #2208 on: June 01, 2016, 12:31:43 PM »
Already linked it in the disqus comments, but thought I'd include the Just Deserts for the squirrel dinner here as well.  >:D
Á tarë quildë, á harë tínë.

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

:germany: (native) :uk: (fluent) :vaticancity: (had to) :spain: (okay) :denmark: (learning) :france: (learning)

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2209 on: June 01, 2016, 11:21:38 PM »
This is the part where I try to get out of my Sigrun & Emil rut. Because as much as I love those two to pieces, there are other characters.

62. Magic

Also, I belatedly realized that my Emil-bullying story had a lot of similarities to the one Pupunen wrote. I'm sorry; I swear it was subconscious.

Pupunen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2210 on: June 02, 2016, 02:02:09 AM »
This is the part where I try to get out of my Sigrun & Emil rut. Because as much as I love those two to pieces, there are other characters.

62. Magic

Also, I belatedly realized that my Emil-bullying story had a lot of similarities to the one Pupunen wrote. I'm sorry; I swear it was subconscious.

Well, you're great at writing all of the characters regardless of whether they're your favourite or not. :)

And no worries, we're writing about the same characters after all, so it would be strange if there weren't any similarities.
Native: :finland:
Fluent: :sweden: :uk:
Good: :italy:
Understand but don't speak: :denmark: :norway:
Basics: :russia: :wales: :iceland: :vaticancity:

:chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2211 on: June 02, 2016, 02:47:24 AM »
Plus I think that given his character, upbringing and background, Emil being bullied and/or abused would be fairly inevitable.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2212 on: June 02, 2016, 10:34:45 PM »
In which Reynir keeps sitting outside wagging his tail no matter how many times Lalli hisses at him.

63. Do Not Disturb

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2213 on: June 03, 2016, 01:10:18 AM »
Hark! I hear a new chapter incoming!

The Red Herring League
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent”/Superhero AU fanfic
Part 5
Complete Links to Complete Links post
Prior part
Spoiler: Heroes and Villains • show
“Platinum rosebud.”

A shiver went through the meat-moss stretching through the corridor, and the troll that had been preparing an ambush from the ceiling froze.

The man took another step forward confidently, a carefully measured single stride. “Impending retrograde.”

The twitching amongst the Rashed mass increased, an irregular pulsing of muscles warring with muscles.

Another step. “Dispraxis ascendant.”

One tendril made as if to strike at the man, but others grabbed it and held it back. The twitching was subsiding now.

“Discipline brings rewards.” The man pulled a freshly killed fox from the haversack slung over one shoulder and tossed the corpse behind him.

“Are you disciples?”

“Yes”

Quiet reigned within the FELINOPEDE as the night wore on.

Reynir was the first to awake, followed by Tuuri, Lalli, Sigrun, Mikkel, and finally Emil. They had slept for more than sixteen hours, all told, but why?

And why were they still alive?

“Well,” Sigrun opined, “whatever they did, they wanted us out of the way for it, which means we’re an obstacle to their getting what they want.”

“Unless they already got what they wanted and nothing we can do now alter that,” Mikkel rumbled. “Otherwise, they should have killed us.”

“They should have killed us anyway,” Sigrun growled. “No one messes with me and lives to tell about it, and that goes double for my crew!” She looked at Tuuri and Reynir. “And triple for those on my crew who aren’t immune.”

Reynir was so glad he was part of Sigrun’s crew; the Red Terror in a rage was, frankly, terrifying to behold. Then he looked at Emil, who was starting to smoulder, quite literally. The sparkles in Emil’s hair were getting ever more intense, showing why the Firework had been so named.

“Um, should we maybe take this discussion outside?”

Sigrun looked over at Emil. “Pull it back, Glim-Glam Guy.” When Emil looked cluelessly back at her, she amplified, “You’re getting too steamed for the company we keep. Not that I blame you.”

“But... How can we find out who did this?” Tuuri asked, puzzled.

“We start with the Sludge,” Mikkel answered.

The Amalienborg troops who had helped with the Sludge were unable to give any satisfactory answers, due to the decided inconvenience of their being dead. They had apparently been killed in the latest troll assault on Amalienborg, in a most unconvincing “coincidence”.

Ironically, Mikkel was undaunted by this reverse. He swiftly yet comprehensively examined the corpses, Lalli by his side; in the little knot with the others, Reynir squeezed his eyes shut and concentrated hard on helping. Their examination complete, the Finn and the Dane looked at each other for a long moment before turning to the others.

“Well, they were definitely murdered,” Mikkel said with his usual blunt honesty, not unmixed with regret in this instance. “Pretty clumsily done, too.”

Lalli added something in Finnish, which Tuuri hesitated before translating. “The weapon was like a Mora knife more than a pukko, but that’s pretty standard around here, so it could’ve been anyone but one of us.” None of them carried knives--or not standard ones, at least.

“Quislings got what they deserved,” Sigrun opined angrily.

“Yeah,” Emil agreed, “but it’s too bad we can’t wring the truth out of them, nonetheless.”

“They might have something of value to tell us yet,” Mikkel mused...

Oh, look. There’s an actual plot now.

...Uh, oh. I have to keep to an actual plot now.

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #2214 on: June 03, 2016, 02:33:05 PM »
Ooh, looks like things are heating up for our heroes, LooNEY! Literally heating up, in Emil's case.

So...the most recent page (535, for time-travelers) gave me all kinds of feelings. So I spun some of them out into this Emil/Lalli fic.
Bridging the Gap.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2215 on: June 03, 2016, 03:21:49 PM »
Quote from: Kiraly
Ooh, looks like things are heating up for our heroes, LooNEY! Literally heating up, in Emil's case.

So...the most recent page (535, for time-travelers) gave me all kinds of feelings. So I spun some of them out into this Emil/Lalli fic.
Bridging the Gap.
Ahhhh, I have died of cute (which honestly normally happens whenever I read your fics).
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2216 on: June 03, 2016, 03:44:08 PM »
Ahhhh, I have died of cute (which honestly normally happens whenever I read your fics).

Same. I am ded now. Too cute.
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #2217 on: June 03, 2016, 05:16:30 PM »

Same. I am ded now. Too cute.

*comes back in and trips over the bodies* Oh no! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to kill anyone! (But seriously, thank you! It warms my heart to know you enjoyed this).
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2218 on: June 03, 2016, 05:55:08 PM »
LooNEY and Kiraly, those are both lovely stories.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2219 on: June 04, 2016, 12:04:36 AM »
Dipping another toe into that there shipping pool.

Also, gah another post-midnight post.

64. Lovers