Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 780216 times)

OwlsG0

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #2115 on: May 20, 2016, 09:51:41 AM »
I'm back again, for some reason

72: Mischief Managed http://archiveofourown.org/works/6445972/chapters/15766423

In which Mikkel livens up at dull afternoon at the expense of Lalli's sanity
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #2116 on: May 20, 2016, 10:18:16 AM »

Oh god my sides....
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2117 on: May 20, 2016, 11:02:36 AM »
Ahahahahahah!! Of course he'd think it was some malicious fae thing. Of course....
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #2118 on: May 20, 2016, 09:35:28 PM »
AAAAAHHHH there have been so many good fics recently and I've neglected to comment on them! You all are wonderful.

Someone on Tumblr who seems to be new to SSSS was talking about wanting a fic where Emil fusses with everyone's hair and clothes before an important event, so I got inspired and rattled this off. Last First Impressions.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2119 on: May 20, 2016, 09:39:26 PM »
AAAAAHHHH there have been so many good fics recently and I've neglected to comment on them! You all are wonderful.

Someone on Tumblr who seems to be new to SSSS was talking about wanting a fic where Emil fusses with everyone's hair and clothes before an important event, so I got inspired and rattled this off. Last First Impressions.

This is quite good, everything was written very in-character! ;D
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #2120 on: May 20, 2016, 09:47:11 PM »

Sorry for the double post, but oh my god this is hilarious!! :'D
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #2121 on: May 20, 2016, 11:18:28 PM »
This is quite good, everything was written very in-character! ;D

Thanks Luth! I had fun with this one, it was nice to write something with the whole crew again.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #2122 on: May 20, 2016, 11:35:48 PM »
Halfway point!

50. Siblings

Or, why Sigrun doesn't have any.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2123 on: May 21, 2016, 08:15:36 PM »
This is part of the Multimedia Fanworks Exchange, but here it is as well.  I answered Sc0ut's prompt for "Someone in the team has their birthday while the expedition is in the Silent World. Do they get to celebrate? (I'm okay with anything, shipping or darker themes or whatever.)"
Spoiler: "Birthday Candles" • show
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #2124 on: May 21, 2016, 11:12:47 PM »
This is part of the Multimedia Fanworks Exchange, but here it is as well.  I answered Sc0ut's prompt for "Someone in the team has their birthday while the expedition is in the Silent World. Do they get to celebrate? (I'm okay with anything, shipping or darker themes or whatever.)"
Spoiler: "Birthday Candles" • show

A great way to start the exchange, wavewright! But, what is that passage at the end? It's especially beautiful!
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #2125 on: May 21, 2016, 11:21:15 PM »
Yet another instance of 'Wait a minute, where was I going with this?'

51. Sport
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Buteo

• Ranger
« Reply #2126 on: May 21, 2016, 11:58:04 PM »
Lazy8, wherever you may have been headed when you started, you reached a good end! Sounds just like something that would happen. ;D

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2127 on: May 22, 2016, 03:17:13 AM »
A great way to start the exchange, wavewright! But, what is that passage at the end? It's especially beautiful!

I'm sorry it wasn't clear.  It's meant to be Lalli coming in the dreamspace to free the soul of the poor girl Emil just toasted, who was brought to the surface by the sun.  That portion is told from her POV, how is she to know that Finland isn't heaven?  And then she goes...wherever is next for her.

And thank you!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 03:37:59 AM by wavewright62 »
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2128 on: May 22, 2016, 06:28:51 AM »
That was a fine story, Wavewright. And I like the angel.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2129 on: May 22, 2016, 02:48:48 PM »
Bits and Bots
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent”/“WALL-E” crossover fanfic
Part 1
Spoiler: show
Amid the Ruins

The whirrrrrrr of the scout-bot’s treads was the only sound amid the trash piles that towered over it as it returned to the repurposed APC that served as its base after a long night of reconnaissance. Despite it all, of course, LALL-E was still as alert as when it had sallied forth, though it needed to recharge.

The others were waiting for it: TUUR-E, the only other bot on the team which spoke the same computer language as LALL-E; MIK-L, decontamination brushes at the ready; EM-L, looking relieved that LALL-E was back in one piece; and EID-E, their leader, awaiting LALL-E’s report.

Most of the report was about which routes their vehicle could manage and which were impassable, but there was something else of interest that LALL-E had noticed: there was a large amount of loose refuse in certain areas ahead. This was both good (as part of their directive was to search for interesting bits among such loose refuse) and bad (as it meant the WALL-Es had ceased working in this area).

There were two possible reasons for the WALL-Es to have left their work incomplete: either they had all broken down, or they had suffered an outbreak of the cRash Virus. In either case, there was no telling how safe or unsafe the loose refuse areas were, but EID-E was ready to press ahead anyway.

The cRash Virus exploited a hole in the BIOS hard-coded into every bot’s ROM chips; only a very small portion were safe from it, due to a manufacturing error. This virus usually simply shut the bot down forever, but in some cases... it didn’t.

Of the bots on this mission, only TUUR-E was vulnerable to the cRash Virus, so TUUR-E was stuck on the bus most of the time while the others went a-scavenging. TUUR-E kept grumbling about how un-optimized this state of affairs was, but still stayed standing silently in their vehicle.

It wasn’t a very big vehicle: while each bot had its own little cubbyhole, and the cargo hold was adequate, there really wasn’t much more space for a restless robot to prowl around while waiting for the others to return. It was, however, sturdy and dependable, which was what it needed to be.

LALL-E and TUUR-E were from the same production block, and of similar design; as has been said above, they shared a common computer language, as well, so they usually got along fairly well. Another of their general kind, ONN-E, had been unable to accompany them due to its FEAR Protocols almost crippling it.

Of the others, their general services bot, MIK-L, was large and stoic; EM-L, their secondary defensive unit, was nice but a little self-centered; and EID-E, their head warrior bot and the commander of the expedition, could best be summarized by the art someone had put on its carapace of “Sigrun the Valkyrie”.

Its report given and accepted, LALL-E prepared itself for its inactive cycle...

Spoiler: Authorial Notes • show
Well, apparently my brain thinks I don’t have too many WIPs.

The cRash Virus is stolen borrowed from here, though my version’s different.

Next time: the advent of REYN-R!