Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 780428 times)

OwlsG0

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #2040 on: May 06, 2016, 04:09:47 AM »
Oddly enough, another one about parent hood.

29: Happiness http://archiveofourown.org/works/6445972/chapters/15456658
Children are a blessing. The way they come into the world is what Sigrun takes issue with
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2041 on: May 06, 2016, 06:05:18 AM »
Greatly amused by this. Your work gets better with every story!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #2042 on: May 06, 2016, 10:28:23 PM »
So would any writers here be interested in participating in a multimedia exchange? Art for fic, fic for art?

Okay wow I'm tired. Link fixed.

Also adding the latest prompt, in which I resort to my usual fallback of philosophical musing:

36. Precious Treasure
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 10:52:41 PM by Lazy8 »
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #2043 on: May 07, 2016, 01:31:19 AM »
*careens into the thread* I should have gone to bed ages ago but instead I was caught up writing this, aaaaaaahhhh!

The Sixth Name. Basically my reaction to page 516 and inspired by a conversation with a friend about how the cat has five names but Lalli might come up with a less-flattering name of his own for her. Also meets prompt challenge #23 - Cat.

Going to bed now...
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Pupunen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2044 on: May 07, 2016, 02:25:48 PM »
Another short and silly fic written to relieve stress: http://archiveofourown.org/works/6774754
Native: :finland:
Fluent: :sweden: :uk:
Good: :italy:
Understand but don't speak: :denmark: :norway:
Basics: :russia: :wales: :iceland: :vaticancity:

:chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2045 on: May 07, 2016, 03:12:44 PM »
Another short and silly fic written to relieve stress: http://archiveofourown.org/works/6774754
This is really sweet :)

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2046 on: May 07, 2016, 05:40:39 PM »

Aww... Cute! just what I needed today! :D
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2047 on: May 07, 2016, 10:20:43 PM »
In which I expand on some speculation that was once bounced around the comments section.

37. Eyes

Pupunen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2048 on: May 08, 2016, 04:30:40 AM »
This is really sweet :)

Aww... Cute! just what I needed today! :D

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it! :)

In which I expand on some speculation that was once bounced around the comments section.

37. Eyes

I don't understand how you manage to write so much high-quality text so fast, but I really admire you for it!
Native: :finland:
Fluent: :sweden: :uk:
Good: :italy:
Understand but don't speak: :denmark: :norway:
Basics: :russia: :wales: :iceland: :vaticancity:

:chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2049 on: May 08, 2016, 07:07:03 AM »
Here is the next chapter of the story about Tuuri finding a sauna, "The Heat of the Moment." 
Spoiler: "You Will Need Towels" • show
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6618553/chapters/15499870
Looks like it's going to be three chapters now.

In which Sigrun takes the plunge with Tuuri, and Lalli has a message for Reynir.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

OwlsG0

« Reply #2050 on: May 08, 2016, 07:19:58 AM »
Here is the next chapter of the story about Tuuri finding a sauna, "The Heat of the Moment." 
Spoiler: "You Will Need Towels" • show
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6618553/chapters/15499870
Looks like it's going to be three chapters now.

In which Sigrun takes the plunge with Tuuri, and Lalli has a message for Reynir.

This is such an adorable story. I'm really enjoying it- mainly because of Tuuri's enthusiasm for her saunas. She knows what she likes and she knows when she wants it.
I saw the future.

OwlsG0

« Reply #2051 on: May 08, 2016, 07:39:36 AM »
20: Fortitude http://archiveofourown.org/works/6445972/chapters/15500320
How Mikkel became a secret agent- which he now apparently is

19: Gray http://archiveofourown.org/works/6445972/chapters/15500344
Lalli sits on top of the tank for a few minutes in the early morning to think about whether or not he actually likes the people he is with.
I saw the future.

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2052 on: May 08, 2016, 07:22:02 PM »
All this "Secret Agent Mikkel" stuff reminded me of this:

Mikkel’s Malmö Misadventures
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent” fanfic
Part 2
Prior part
Spoiler: show
The First Frist Job

My name is Mikkel Madsen. I used to be a spy, until I decided to resign...

Most people have expectations of how their life will go, hence the common interview question, “Where do you see yourself in five years?”

And then reality steps in. Never would Mikkel have expected to wind up stuck in Malmö with his favorite berserker, the inimitable Sigrun Eide, her pyromaniac protégée Emil Västerström, his grifter friend Tuuri Hotakainen, her hacker/cat-burglar cousin Lalli, and a clueless intern named Reynir. If Mikkel had, he would have made suitable arrangements and been far, far away.

Of course, Mikkel’s current dour view of his plight might be ever so slightly prejudiced by the fact that he was hanging upside down rather more than ten stories in the air and fighting for his life.

It had been rather disconcerting for Mikkel to discover how many of his friends and acquaintances weren’t surprised at his predicament. However, their disinclination to help in all but the most minor ways possible was something Mikkel had anticipated.

“So, Sigrun,” Mikkel began casually as she was cleaning an old but well-kept MP40, “I seem to recall you had an uncle of sorts--Trond, was it?”

Sigrun flashed him a grin and kept cleaning. “Yep. Great guy. Throws me a bone every now and again, and I try to do the same.”

“So you have a way to get in touch with him at need.”

“Speed-dial number seven on my car phone. I’ll put the 5 krona per minute on your tab.”

“Ah, Mister Madsen.” The voice was the same one that had warned Mikkel to stay in Malmö. “I have been expecting your call. I hope I wasn’t too abrupt in our little chat earlier?”

“Why have you done this?” Mikkel fired back.

I have done nothing but act as an intermediary for certain, shall we say, friends of yours in various positions in various nations--friends who believe locking you away was a mistake, and a wasteful mistake at that. Thanks to them, you have the run of Malmö--and, if you’re willing, I can arrange for you to meet with certain, ah, needy folk of the type you enjoy assisting.”

Mikkel’s internal debate was rather brief. “I’m willing.” And ready to suss out whatever your real game is, he silently added.

The thug grappling with Mikkel reached back and pulled a hidden knife free from its sheath, but Mikkel, while not quite as adept as Sigrun, was still more than able enough to disarm the thug as they struggled at the end of the tethers keeping them from rudely splattering all over the pavement far below.

To be fair, this wasn’t actually Trond’s fault per se, but Mikkel thought that mysterious figure would make a good enough scapegoat for now. Certainly Trond himself wouldn’t object, so long as Mikkel continued to dance to Trond’s tune.

The thug got another few hits in, and Mikkel lost his train of thought in favor of seeing stars.

“EIDE-HO!” And Sigrun knocked the thug cold with one punch.

Mikkel was still trying to shake off the thug’s last few hits when Sigrun, still hanging upside down beside him and the unconscious thug, said, “Y’know, this little escapade hasn’t increased my assessment of your battling skills.” At Mikkel’s non-committal grunt, she continued, “And this whole lone wolf thing is kinda unnecessary. I talked to the guys and they’re fine with pitching in every now and again.”

“I’m not sure I want to get involved with whatever they’re doing,” Mikkel replied. “And the Hotakainens aren’t known to be the kind of people who do things out of the goodness of their hearts.”

“So you prefer hanging like this to taking a chance on them?”

Mikkel sighed and surrendered to the inevitable. “I presume Lalli already has the item for which I came?”

“Oh, yeah. He had it before I jumped. Apparently, you make a very good distraction.” Sigrun cocked her head. “Tuuri claims she could have had it delivered to you without all the fuss.”

“Given enough time, a good grifter can work wonders,” Mikkel said, beginning the long climb back to the roof, “and Tuuri is a very good grifter, but this had to be done tonight.”

“Trond didn’t leave you much wiggle room, then?” Sigrun pulled herself alongside Mikkel without apparent effort.

“He already knows what I can do: this job is a compliance test, not an audition.” Mikkel paused to huff and puff a bit. “Trond needs to know I’ll toe the line he draws for me. I need to know he won’t cross the line I’ve drawn. Once we understand each other, we’ll be okay.”

“Sounds like a plan that’d work for the Hotakainens, too. Or are you really ready to trust Trond more than them?”

Mikkel sighed, though his heavy breathing made it hard to tell. “You already made your point there, Sigrun. I’ll give them a chance.”

They finally reached the roof, where Lalli was patiently awaiting them...

Spoiler: Authorial Notes • show
I don’t think they’ll be taking away his name anytime soon, though.

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2053 on: May 08, 2016, 07:36:16 PM »
All this "Secret Agent Mikkel" stuff reminded me of this:

Mikkel’s Malmö Misadventures
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent” fanfic
Part 2
Prior part
Spoiler: show
The First Frist Job

My name is Mikkel Madsen. I used to be a spy, until I decided to resign...

Most people have expectations of how their life will go, hence the common interview question, “Where do you see yourself in five years?”

And then reality steps in. Never would Mikkel have expected to wind up stuck in Malmö with his favorite berserker, the inimitable Sigrun Eide, her pyromaniac protégée Emil Västerström, his grifter friend Tuuri Hotakainen, her hacker/cat-burglar cousin Lalli, and a clueless intern named Reynir. If Mikkel had, he would have made suitable arrangements and been far, far away.

Of course, Mikkel’s current dour view of his plight might be ever so slightly prejudiced by the fact that he was hanging upside down rather more than ten stories in the air and fighting for his life.

It had been rather disconcerting for Mikkel to discover how many of his friends and acquaintances weren’t surprised at his predicament. However, their disinclination to help in all but the most minor ways possible was something Mikkel had anticipated.

“So, Sigrun,” Mikkel began casually as she was cleaning an old but well-kept MP40, “I seem to recall you had an uncle of sorts--Trond, was it?”

Sigrun flashed him a grin and kept cleaning. “Yep. Great guy. Throws me a bone every now and again, and I try to do the same.”

“So you have a way to get in touch with him at need.”

“Speed-dial number seven on my car phone. I’ll put the 5 krona per minute on your tab.”

“Ah, Mister Madsen.” The voice was the same one that had warned Mikkel to stay in Malmö. “I have been expecting your call. I hope I wasn’t too abrupt in our little chat earlier?”

“Why have you done this?” Mikkel fired back.

I have done nothing but act as an intermediary for certain, shall we say, friends of yours in various positions in various nations--friends who believe locking you away was a mistake, and a wasteful mistake at that. Thanks to them, you have the run of Malmö--and, if you’re willing, I can arrange for you to meet with certain, ah, needy folk of the type you enjoy assisting.”

Mikkel’s internal debate was rather brief. “I’m willing.” And ready to suss out whatever your real game is, he silently added.

The thug grappling with Mikkel reached back and pulled a hidden knife free from its sheath, but Mikkel, while not quite as adept as Sigrun, was still more than able enough to disarm the thug as they struggled at the end of the tethers keeping them from rudely splattering all over the pavement far below.

To be fair, this wasn’t actually Trond’s fault per se, but Mikkel thought that mysterious figure would make a good enough scapegoat for now. Certainly Trond himself wouldn’t object, so long as Mikkel continued to dance to Trond’s tune.

The thug got another few hits in, and Mikkel lost his train of thought in favor of seeing stars.

“EIDE-HO!” And Sigrun knocked the thug cold with one punch.

Mikkel was still trying to shake off the thug’s last few hits when Sigrun, still hanging upside down beside him and the unconscious thug, said, “Y’know, this little escapade hasn’t increased my assessment of your battling skills.” At Mikkel’s non-committal grunt, she continued, “And this whole lone wolf thing is kinda unnecessary. I talked to the guys and they’re fine with pitching in every now and again.”

“I’m not sure I want to get involved with whatever they’re doing,” Mikkel replied. “And the Hotakainens aren’t known to be the kind of people who do things out of the goodness of their hearts.”

“So you prefer hanging like this to taking a chance on them?”

Mikkel sighed and surrendered to the inevitable. “I presume Lalli already has the item for which I came?”

“Oh, yeah. He had it before I jumped. Apparently, you make a very good distraction.” Sigrun cocked her head. “Tuuri claims she could have had it delivered to you without all the fuss.”

“Given enough time, a good grifter can work wonders,” Mikkel said, beginning the long climb back to the roof, “and Tuuri is a very good grifter, but this had to be done tonight.”

“Trond didn’t leave you much wiggle room, then?” Sigrun pulled herself alongside Mikkel without apparent effort.

“He already knows what I can do: this job is a compliance test, not an audition.” Mikkel paused to huff and puff a bit. “Trond needs to know I’ll toe the line he draws for me. I need to know he won’t cross the line I’ve drawn. Once we understand each other, we’ll be okay.”

“Sounds like a plan that’d work for the Hotakainens, too. Or are you really ready to trust Trond more than them?”

Mikkel sighed, though his heavy breathing made it hard to tell. “You already made your point there, Sigrun. I’ll give them a chance.”

They finally reached the roof, where Lalli was patiently awaiting them...

Spoiler: Authorial Notes • show
I don’t think they’ll be taking away his name anytime soon, though.

EIDE-HO!!!!
I love this, it is the most best epic spy shenanigans.  ;D ;D Do please continue.
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2054 on: May 08, 2016, 09:53:50 PM »
In which I post a chapter that's already been Jossed. Oh well.

38. Abandon