Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 787259 times)

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #2025 on: May 04, 2016, 10:40:51 PM »
Mages!

34. Stars
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2026 on: May 05, 2016, 02:26:40 PM »
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #2027 on: May 05, 2016, 02:38:34 PM »
46: Family http://archiveofourown.org/works/6445972/chapters/15417325

So I noticed Lalli and Hannu from aRTD have the same cheekbones. Kinda

13: Misfortune http://archiveofourown.org/works/6445972/chapters/15417307

In which Tuuri discovers talking about her trauma is cheaper than therapy
The first one is hecka similar to one I was gonna write where Hannu is Emil and Lalli's son. I commend you for seeing the resemblance as well. I was also gonna write Ville as Reynir and Tuuri's son. I'll probs still carry through and write it though, but I'll make an effort to make it as different from yours as possible :3

Also I've been meaning to ask whenever I see you around the forums, does your name happen to be a reference to the song by Architetecture in Helsinki ? If that's the case that's also be a hecka weird coincidence cuz I've also used song titles by them as usernames of forums before like 'Heart It Races' and shtuff

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2028 on: May 05, 2016, 03:54:32 PM »
46: Family http://archiveofourown.org/works/6445972/chapters/15417325

So I noticed Lalli and Hannu from aRTD have the same cheekbones. Kinda

Very good! I love this AU...
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

OwlsG0

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #2029 on: May 05, 2016, 04:09:48 PM »
The first one is hecka similar to one I was gonna write where Hannu is Emil and Lalli's son. I commend you for seeing the resemblance as well. I was also gonna write Ville as Reynir and Tuuri's son. I'll probs still carry through and write it though, but I'll make an effort to make it as different from yours as possible :3

Also I've been meaning to ask whenever I see you around the forums, does your name happen to be a reference to the song by Architetecture in Helsinki ? If that's the case that's also be a hecka weird coincidence cuz I've also used song titles by them as usernames of forums before like 'Heart It Races' and shtuff

Yep! That's the song! Love it. It's on repeat whenever I need to do a slightly sad piece of writing.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's seeing the resemblance between Hannu and Lalli, though I never thought of Ville being related to anyone. Now that you mention it, chubby and red-headed, he could be Tuuri-Reynir spawn.
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #2030 on: May 05, 2016, 04:27:26 PM »
Yep! That's the song! Love it. It's on repeat whenever I need to do a slightly sad piece of writing.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's seeing the resemblance between Hannu and Lalli, though I never thought of Ville being related to anyone. Now that you mention it, chubby and red-headed, he could be Tuuri-Reynir spawn.

Yeah !! Plus with Ville's really positive / optimistic / happy-go-lucky attitude that really made me think of Reynir and Tuuri, like probably how a child raised by those two would behave.

And then there's Hannu . . not only does he look like Lalli with the cheek bones and his light blonde almost silvery hair, but it's mostly his personality that makes me feel like he's a good blend of Emil and Lalli. He's someone who strongly prefers his solitude and alone time like Lalli, but he's also pretty spoiled (as described in his bio) just like a certain Swede and as a result can be pretty, well, Hannu. I know I saw more personality similarities but it's been a while since I've read aRTD so I'd probs have to re-read it before writing anything.

OwlsG0

« Reply #2031 on: May 05, 2016, 05:29:23 PM »
Yeah !! Plus with Ville's really positive / optimistic / happy-go-lucky attitude that really made me think of Reynir and Tuuri, like probably how a child raised by those two would behave.

And then there's Hannu . . not only does he look like Lalli with the cheek bones and his light blonde almost silvery hair, but it's mostly his personality that makes me feel like he's a good blend of Emil and Lalli. He's someone who strongly prefers his solitude and alone time like Lalli, but he's also pretty spoiled (as described in his bio) just like a certain Swede and as a result can be pretty, well, Hannu. I know I saw more personality similarities but it's been a while since I've read aRTD so I'd probs have to re-read it before writing anything.

Ville is exactly like a doggy Reynir! He's definitely the kind of person who grew up surrounded by love, and I'm sure any child of Tuuri and Reynir's would have nothing but a loving childhood. Maybe a bit of a magical childhood. Reynir's a mage, most of Tuuri's family are mages, so any kid of theirs would probably be magical enough to, I don't know, turn off their personal gravity and float around.

And Hannu as Emil and Lalli's child kind of works too. Emil's immediate instinct would be to spoil the child. But then I also kind of think Lalli would be a no-nonsense dad. If I were ever to consider a situation where Hannu was the kid and Lalli was the dad (though my head canon is vice versa, and pretty firmly established), I think they might butt heads. Lalli telling the kid not to be so stubborn because it's gonna make his life difficult. Hannu telling Lalli to stop trying to run his life. Emil stuck in between them like 'guys be nice'. I don't know, I feel like they'd love each other, but they'd clash a little bit for being so similar.
I saw the future.

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #2032 on: May 05, 2016, 05:50:48 PM »
Ville is exactly like a doggy Reynir! He's definitely the kind of person who grew up surrounded by love, and I'm sure any child of Tuuri and Reynir's would have nothing but a loving childhood. Maybe a bit of a magical childhood. Reynir's a mage, most of Tuuri's family are mages, so any kid of theirs would probably be magical enough to, I don't know, turn off their personal gravity and float around.

And Hannu as Emil and Lalli's child kind of works too. Emil's immediate instinct would be to spoil the child. But then I also kind of think Lalli would be a no-nonsense dad. If I were ever to consider a situation where Hannu was the kid and Lalli was the dad (though my head canon is vice versa, and pretty firmly established), I think they might butt heads. Lalli telling the kid not to be so stubborn because it's gonna make his life difficult. Hannu telling Lalli to stop trying to run his life. Emil stuck in between them like 'guys be nice'. I don't know, I feel like they'd love each other, but they'd clash a little bit for being so similar.

Ah yeah that's what I was thinking too !! I was also wondering how late into his life Lalli would work as a night scout because that could be a source of conflict too if Lalli was absent a lot as a parent because of his scouting duties. That'd also explain why even if Lalli was stricter in his parenting than Emil, Hannu would still turn out pretty spoiled if Lalli wasn't around a lot leaving a lot of the parenting to Emil who would really lack in disciplining and spoil quite a bit :P

OwlsG0

« Reply #2033 on: May 05, 2016, 06:15:07 PM »
Ah yeah that's what I was thinking too !! I was also wondering how late into his life Lalli would work as a night scout because that could be a source of conflict too if Lalli was absent a lot as a parent because of his scouting duties. That'd also explain why even if Lalli was stricter in his parenting than Emil, Hannu would still turn out pretty spoiled if Lalli wasn't around a lot leaving a lot of the parenting to Emil who would really lack in disciplining and spoil quite a bit :P

I hope Lalli wouldn't be an absent parent. I can kind of imagine him as the dad that wears his baby on his back to work, but not, you know, into dangerous zones. Just when he's helping to coordinate other scouts or something like that. And when Hannu is older he gets to tag along, provided he stays quiet and does everything he's told.
Emil would definitely spoil him though. And brag about him. He'd be inordinately pleased with his child, like 'look at what I made he is perfection'
I saw the future.

OwlsG0

« Reply #2034 on: May 05, 2016, 06:28:53 PM »
81: Pen and paper http://archiveofourown.org/works/6445972/chapters/15448045

In which Mikkel is a secret agent and doesn't think he wants to be anymore.
I saw the future.

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #2035 on: May 05, 2016, 07:33:06 PM »
I hope Lalli wouldn't be an absent parent. I can kind of imagine him as the dad that wears his baby on his back to work, but not, you know, into dangerous zones. Just when he's helping to coordinate other scouts or something like that. And when Hannu is older he gets to tag along, provided he stays quiet and does everything he's told.
Emil would definitely spoil him though. And brag about him. He'd be inordinately pleased with his child, like 'look at what I made he is perfection'
Oh gosh that's so cute I can't handle that ö would you mind if I used that ?
Maybe not absent absent, but perhaps occupied with work a lot and therefor not around as much as Emil would like. During the winter when things are more calm he'll do the cute bringing Hanny around but during the summer during peak troll season he sure gets busy with work because he's high ranking and doing important work coordinating scout stuff and it's totally too dangerous to bring lil Hannu around. Lalli tries to compensate not being able to be around as much as he'd like by pushing Hannu to spend time with his second cousin Ville, thinking he'd be a good influence and isn't wrong.

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #2036 on: May 05, 2016, 07:57:37 PM »
*watches the conversation between Juniper and OwlsG0 with interest* I am SO HERE FOR THIS IDEA!!! OwlsG0 I loved your fic with Hannu as Lalli's dad (even though the Ville thing made me kinda sad) and Juniper I will be really excited to read this idea you're talking about if/when you write it. ^_^ Adventures of tiny Hannu and tiny Ville would be adorable no matter what, but add in those parent combinations...yep, sign me up, I will read it with glee.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2037 on: May 05, 2016, 08:51:07 PM »
OwlsG0: loved your story! I've missed commenting here for a week, because Real Life is madly busy, but everyone's stories have been wonderful. Agree with you about Mikkel!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #2038 on: May 05, 2016, 09:28:38 PM »
*looks at next prompt*

Yep, this is a romance prompt if I ever saw a romance prompt.

*writes a gen fic*

35. Hold My Hand
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

OwlsG0

« Reply #2039 on: May 06, 2016, 02:57:07 AM »
Oh gosh that's so cute I can't handle that ö would you mind if I used that ?
Maybe not absent absent, but perhaps occupied with work a lot and therefor not around as much as Emil would like. During the winter when things are more calm he'll do the cute bringing Hanny around but during the summer during peak troll season he sure gets busy with work because he's high ranking and doing important work coordinating scout stuff and it's totally too dangerous to bring lil Hannu around. Lalli tries to compensate not being able to be around as much as he'd like by pushing Hannu to spend time with his second cousin Ville, thinking he'd be a good influence and isn't wrong.

Sure, go for it! I'll be interested to see what you come up with. Looks like, from the thread, there would be a lot of interest in where this headcanon can go.
I saw the future.