Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 779883 times)

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #1860 on: April 09, 2016, 02:30:03 PM »
Here, have a short fic I threw together!

Sleeping Habits

Mikkel put his hands on his side. Lalli had rolled in under Emil's bed while they were busy with decontamination and facing the sjødraug. This was not according to protocol. And it certainly wouldn't make the shippers easier on the two of them. While the other four got changed into their sleeping clothes he put out the mattresses on the floor, took Lalli out from under the bed and placed him in the middle of the two mattresses. Lalli made an attempt to roll back under the bed and Mikkel looked curiously at him. It was as if the boy was aware of his surroundings even though he was asleep.
   Or even comatose. Mikkel realised that Lalli had been asleep for more than one day now. He stopped Lalli's rolling with his legs and knelt down to examine the boy.
   "Well, you seem fine, except for all this sleeping..."
   Mikkel yawned.
   "I will examine you more closely in the morning."
   He rolled Lalli back into the middle, wrapped a blanket tightly around him. The others came in and he instructed Reynir to take place on Lalli's left side, and he crawled down on Lalli's other side. There would be no sleeping under beds tonight.
   And at least tonight would not put more fuel on the Emil/Lalli-ship. Lalli/Reynir on the other side... He let out a sigh. He could live with that. Mikkel looked at two boys a few seconds before yawning, rolling over on his right side and quickly fell asleep.
   Emil looked at the three people on the floor, tensed up a bit before falling asleep. He'd have to make sure his hand didn't fall down this night, like it had done after the battle against ceiling pug. He did not want to end up paired with his mortal enemy.
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

tamaerchen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1861 on: April 09, 2016, 04:26:30 PM »
Great work, everyone! I wish I had more time to read all of it more regularly. I'm impressed with the speed that all the Nanowrimo prompts get filled - I just entered the busiest time of the semester and can't even get just one fic done. :D

So please keep posting and don't be discouraged, I'll read them at some point and I can't wait!
Fluent: :germany: :uk:
Alright: :spain: :france:
I try: :vaticancity: :norway: :turkey: :ireland: :sign: Yiddish
(I study historical linguistics and like to dig around in various Germanic languages of the last 2000 years or so.)

~Rule no.1: Don't question the Sgru!~

OwlsG0

• I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #1862 on: April 09, 2016, 09:06:37 PM »
24: Time is running out
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6445972/chapters/14896456

This is a weird one
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #1863 on: April 10, 2016, 02:17:47 PM »
Yeah, I did the obvious for this one.

10. Breathe Again
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

Talimee

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1864 on: April 10, 2016, 06:30:15 PM »
Here, have a short fic I threw together!

Sleeping Habits
   And at least tonight would not put more fuel on the Emil/Lalli-ship. Lalli/Reynir on the other side... He let out a sigh. He could live with that. Mikkel looked at two boys a few seconds before yawning, rolling over on his right side and quickly fell asleep.

What about fuel for the Mikkel/Lalli? Has he thought of that?? *cackles evilly*
[22:31] <@amity> And they care about only two things: Emil/Lalli fanfic, and chewing bubblegum.
[22:31] <@amity> And the word is, they're all out of bubblegum.

Survived:
:chap5::chap6::chap7: :chap20:
:chap8::chap9::chap10:
:chap11::chap12::chap13:
:chap14::chap15::chap16:
:chap17::chap18::chap19:

frostykitty

« Reply #1865 on: April 10, 2016, 08:15:52 PM »
These are wonderful, sorry I can't write out individual comments for everything! (Well, I guess I could but I'm not sure I have that much time)

But heyyyy, I started part three of Return to Silence a little while ago! And chapter one is done, so I'll just post it among the prompts!

Spoiler: return to silence; part three, chapter one • show
{chapter 1}

The scout's return had come much too much early for Tuuri's liking, even though it was dawn. She groaned as she got out of her warm bed, quite reluctantly. After Lalli was decontaminated and she was allowed out of the room, she made her way to the cabin and sat down before the map.

"This was weird, we can't go that way." Lalli muttered, pointed at the pencil-marked path.

Tuuri sighed and erased the trail, just as Sigrun and Emil entered the room. Mikkel was trying to radio headquarters, and Reynir was asking if he could help.

"This thing was blocked. Don't go this way, it's weird, too." The scout tapped a small street that led from the camp to a large intersection in the middle of town, "This way is the best choice."

As Tuuri nodded drowsily and traced the path, Sigrun raised an eyebrow. "Is this really how he gave reports the whole mission last time?"

"Huh? Well, yeah... Pretty much... Why?" Tuuri inquired, glancing from the map to the information charts. She had told Lalli to give his reports in Swedish, this was only the second or third time he had complied.

"They seem vague." The captain shrugged, taking a bite of her breakfast.

"Not vague, they're to the point." Tuuri quickly replied, noticing, a little late, her tone may have been sharper than it was supposed to be. "What I meant was... He tells me if there's danger or road blocks, and that's all we need."

Sigrun kept further thoughts to herself, not wanting to upset the skald any more. Lalli only sighed and continued with his report as the rest of the team filed into the cabin. Kitty 'prh'ed for food scraps as Sigrun looked over the maps.

"Here," she declared, pointing to a small store not far from the base. "Number thirteen."

Tuuri nodded and grabbed the information sheet. "Number thirteen? 'A small book store converted into a shelter around a Year Zero, requires more research'." The skald yawned and looked to the map. "So, there might be a good collection there, but it also might have nothing left."

Sigrun nodded. "We can probably give the little scout a day off, me and Emil can walk there." Emil had looked up abruptly at his name with a look of dread, unknowing to what Sigrun had just made him volunteer for. "Isn't that right, pretty boy?"

"Uh... Y-yes?"

"Good enough! Let's go!" She grinned and turned to get her coat, but the door way was blocked by Mikkel.

"Hold on." he sighed, closing his eyes with an exasperated expression. "You have no idea how dangerous that rout or building is, and although Lalli does need a day of rest, you two shouldn't go alone. Or, at least the cat for an early warning." Lalli hadn't understood much, but he did not like what he had. Quick as can be, he slid through the semi-blocked doorway and scrambled under Tuuri's bunk before anyone could say otherwise.

"Well, cat it is!" Sigrun smirked, lightly shoving past Mikkel and tugging on her coat. Tuuri had silently gotten Emil caught up with the plan he had missed through Reynir's babble of baby talk to Kitty.

The two were geared up and ready to go, Kitty desperately trying to crawl into the captain's too-small pocket. With a final impatient reply to the medic, Sigrun dragged Emil by his sleeve out of the Cattank. Mikkel muttered something under his breath about poor planning before joining Tuuri by the radio. Earlier in the day, he had managed to get a connection, but no response.

The skald had better luck, and was getting a hoard of concerned question flung at her in Finnish. Poor Onni had been brought along to headquarters, but didn't dare go any further.

"And you remembered to wear your mask?"

"Yes, Onni."

"And you didn't get any abrasions or cuts?"

"No, Onni."

"And you've stayed at least an arms length away from the guys?"

"ONNI."

"But-"

"Alright, that's enough. That's already been more than your daily limit of questions." Taru interrupted with a chuckle. Onni scoffed and got up from the radio as the rest of the crew filtered in, along with one of the scheming, unnoticed children.

"This is Torbjörn, and I'm guessing Tuuri is who I'm speaking with?"

"Yes, this is Tuuri and Mikkel. We wanted to report a very interesting find from spot four!" A tired smile crept across her face as she grabbed the journal she had read the previous night. Mikkel crossed his arms and sat beside her as Reynir slowly crept through the doorway.

"Oh, that abandoned lab? I thought there would be a good record or two." Torbjörn eagerly replied as Siv's eyes narrowed with interest.

"A good record? There were nearly seventy journals full of Rash research!"

Spoiler: notessss • show
This chapter will be about the stay in the Cat-tank team. It'll be more exciting than it sounds, a certain cleanser will accidentally make sure of that.

As always, tell me about any grammar/spelling issues, as I write this when I'm in desperate need of sleep. And if it seems a little rushed, I'm just hoping the next chapter won't end up the same.

Regolith247

• DeviantArt
  • Prepare for Lunacy
« Reply #1866 on: April 10, 2016, 10:30:15 PM »
Yeah, probably. Making people cry is a personal specialty of mine.

Cry? Uh... No. That's just some onions that spontaneously appeared next to my computer. But seriously- you are waaay to good at the whole tearjerker thing! Don't stop!
"It's easy to believe in something when you win all the time... The losses are what defines a mans faith."
-Brandon Sanderson, The Well of Ascension

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1867 on: April 10, 2016, 10:44:28 PM »
Cry? Uh... No. That's just some onions that spontaneously appeared next to my computer. But seriously- you are waaay to good at the whole tearjerker thing! Don't stop!

Onions? Spontaneously appearing onions? That's the most complimentary thing anyone can say about my writing!

OwlsG0

« Reply #1868 on: April 11, 2016, 05:47:53 AM »
43: Dying  http://archiveofourown.org/works/6445972/chapters/14928508

In which Death attempts to come for Sigrun, but Sigrun doesn't think so.
I saw the future.

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1869 on: April 11, 2016, 07:18:20 AM »
What about fuel for the Mikkel/Lalli? Has he thought of that?? *cackles evilly*

Of course he did, that's why he turned his back towards Lalli! \o/
*quietly puts some fuel on the Lalli/Mikkel-ship, because why not*
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1870 on: April 11, 2016, 08:53:34 AM »
Vasterstrom family quirks!

11. Memory

OwlsG0

« Reply #1871 on: April 12, 2016, 09:05:57 AM »
http://archiveofourown.org/works/5853457/chapters/14951731

Took me a while to get it done with the prompt challenge going on and school eating up my time, but here it is. The last chapter of that Mora Academy nonsense. Been a blast to write, though. A convoluted, slow-boil of a blast.
I saw the future.

Dai

« Reply #1872 on: April 12, 2016, 09:48:56 AM »
Hello folks!

Just came up with a little fic that will probably be disproved very early in the next chapter. :D

But anyway:

What if Lalli's Luonto needs a little help?:

Reynir paused for breath. "Didn't know you could get tired in your dreams!" he huffed.

The dog circled back, yapping happily. Reynir eyed it in a slightly unfriendly manner. "Remind me please - why am I following you again?"

That was a little unfair, he knew - he had had no qualms about following the dog when it had started persistently leading him in one direction, looking back and barking, plainly urging Reynir to follow.

Besides, the dog had already shown that it knew important things - things vital to Reynir's very survival - so he had readily followed the dream-dog.

But now, after what seemed like hours of traveling through featureless dreamscapes, with no apparent destination in sight, Reynir was beginning to have doubts. He had already begun thinking of turning back...but the chilling memory of a dog speaking in a human voice:"Remember this..." kept him on his unknown course. 

They continued in this manner for...minutes?... hours?...hard to tell in this timeless realm.
Then the dog stopped suddenly, ears pricked. It began running in a circle, sniffing the cold ground.
Then it barked again, heading off slightly to the left of their original course.

With a sigh, Reynir followed.

Reynir began to notice a change in the surroundings. They had been running over calm seas, then flat featureless plains up until this point, but now the land began showing signs of new detail - shrubs, low trees, narrow streams.

The dog sped up, barking excitedly. Reynir gritted his teeth and increased his pace, vaguely wondering how he was supposed to "rest" after all this was over - after all, he was already asleep, wasn't he?...

The trees had grown taller and more dense, the streams becoming wider, meandering into pools and ponds.
Reynir realized with a start that he had been here before...or at least, somewhere just like it.

Reynir looked around, frowning. It looked remarkably like...Lalli's place?
But it couldn't be - he knew the way to Lalli's sanctuary and this was way, way further out!
All the same, it all looked remarkably similar to Lalli's little piece of Finland...

Reynir ducked under a branch - and froze.

There, sitting in front of him, was the biggest Cat he had ever seen.

Reynir, gulped, vainly attempting to swallow the huge lump that had appeared in his throat.

Reynir stood frozen - then jumped as the dog stuck a cold nose in his hand. He looked down, suddenly especially thankful that he wasn't alone.

He looked back. The Cat (which Reynir now recognised as a lynx) had not moved, calmly gazing at the Icelander.

Reynir straightened up and met the Cat's gaze squarely - and was suddenly struck by an unexpected sense of familiarity.

"I know you..." he murmured. He had never seen the creature before - but its gaze was direct and piercing...its eyes, unlike most cats, were a pale grey...

Reynir's eyes widened. "Lalli?..."

The Cat yawned, displaying unnervingly large canine teeth. Then, unexpectedly, the imposing creature flopped down before him, at his feet.

His dog jumped back with a nervous yip, then slunk back to stand by Reynir.

Reynir stared down at the creature. It plainly wanted something - but what?
He squatted down in front of it.

Reynir's eyes narrowed as he looked deep into the Cat's eyes, holding its gaze. 

Reynir thoughts flashed back: Lalli's unnaturally deep sleep - and Emil's bewildered question, "I don't get it. Is he ill?" - then Tuuri's rather evasive answer:"Oh...you could say that. He just needs to rest up a bit..."

Reynir looked deep into the proud, penetrating eyes - and saw the kitten inside...

"You're...lost...aren't you?" Reynir murmured.

He put his hand out, hesitated, then gently stroked the Cat's head. It made no protest, merely closing its eyes momentarily.

He stood up. The Cat also came to its feet, eyes fixed on him. Reynir looked round to his dream-dog, which wuffed expectantly, wagging its tail.

Reynir grinned. "Okay, boy - find Lalli!"

The dog barked happily and spun around, racing off into the darkness.

Reynir and the Cat followed.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 09:52:07 AM by Dai »

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1873 on: April 12, 2016, 10:55:32 AM »
Excellently done. Good descriptions.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Talimee

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1874 on: April 12, 2016, 12:08:31 PM »
http://archiveofourown.org/works/5853457/chapters/14951731

Took me a while to get it done with the prompt challenge going on and school eating up my time, but here it is. The last chapter of that Mora Academy nonsense. Been a blast to write, though. A convoluted, slow-boil of a blast.

Yay! I like your take on the ending but I wish I had known it earlier.
Spoiler: show
I was ticking off characters the whole time! How nerve-wrecking. XD
Now that it's complete I can download your fic and put it safely to bed with all the other SSSS-Fanfiction. Thank you again for writing it and sticking to it and sharing it. =)
[22:31] <@amity> And they care about only two things: Emil/Lalli fanfic, and chewing bubblegum.
[22:31] <@amity> And the word is, they're all out of bubblegum.

Survived:
:chap5::chap6::chap7: :chap20:
:chap8::chap9::chap10:
:chap11::chap12::chap13:
:chap14::chap15::chap16:
:chap17::chap18::chap19: