Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 768156 times)

OwlsG0

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #1845 on: April 07, 2016, 12:09:25 AM »
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6445972/chapters/14839321

8: Innocence

In which Reynir is a Disney princess and doesn't like it at all.
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Talimee

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1846 on: April 07, 2016, 06:24:33 AM »
Sigrun might be just a little bit too into this, mighn't she? Very nicely captured- everyone nerding around. It's nice to see them no in mortal peril and still having fun with each other.

Oh! You actually went more meta with this idea than I did. I just put them in a Conan-the-Barbarian-Universe but the crew playing actual DnD at someone's house and really roleplaying is an awesome idea! Just image Sigrun demanding re-roll after re-roll because her dice-luck was sucky! And Reynir isn't there yet, because he's at the door, paying the pizza-delivery. <3
I have to keep this in mind for the future. Maybe there's another prompt which works.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6445972/chapters/14839321

8: Innocence

In which Reynir is a Disney princess and doesn't like it at all.

Hehehe. Very funny! I liked every single bird in it. The eaglehawkbuzzard at the beginning does have a special place in my heart, tho. She reminds me of everything Pratchett ever said about mad stares of birds and how they internally contemplate squashing all tiny puny mammals under their scaled dinosaur-feet.
[22:31] <@amity> And they care about only two things: Emil/Lalli fanfic, and chewing bubblegum.
[22:31] <@amity> And the word is, they're all out of bubblegum.

Survived:
:chap5::chap6::chap7: :chap20:
:chap8::chap9::chap10:
:chap11::chap12::chap13:
:chap14::chap15::chap16:
:chap17::chap18::chap19:

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #1847 on: April 07, 2016, 10:05:57 PM »
...I seem to be a bit preoccupied with death lately. Yeah, I just killed my favorite character.

7. Heaven
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

OwlsG0

« Reply #1848 on: April 08, 2016, 01:16:41 AM »
...I seem to be a bit preoccupied with death lately. Yeah, I just killed my favorite character.

7. Heaven

Ok, I need to psych myself up for this before I read it and Lazy stomps on my fragile, fanthing's heart
I saw the future.

OwlsG0

« Reply #1849 on: April 08, 2016, 03:36:34 AM »
I saw the future.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1850 on: April 08, 2016, 07:29:16 AM »
Ok, I need to psych myself up for this before I read it and Lazy stomps on my fragile, fanthing's heart

Yeah, probably. Making people cry is a personal specialty of mine.

OwlsG0

« Reply #1851 on: April 08, 2016, 08:40:23 AM »
Yeah, probably. Making people cry is a personal specialty of mine.

This statement goes almost perfectly with your profile pic.
I saw the future.

OwlsG0

« Reply #1852 on: April 08, 2016, 09:06:42 AM »
34: stars http://archiveofourown.org/works/6445972/chapters/14864851

(read as: Sigrun fights the sky and wins)

50: siblings http://archiveofourown.org/works/6445972/chapters/14864869

(read as: Onni cries a lot)
I saw the future.

frostykitty

« Reply #1853 on: April 08, 2016, 04:07:27 PM »
All of these are great! From the ones I've read! I haven't got to them all yet! But I will!

Now, someone seems to have given me an idea of something write about, how could they do such a thing, but anyway! Comment section inspiration is the best inspiration! Sometimes, not always.

Spoiler: *evil laughter* • show
The Cap Caper

"And if you take your battalion to this side, blocking the giant's escape, we should be able to do away with most of it." Mr. General Eide continued. That was a few minutes after his daughter, and two others, had zoned out and become uninterested. Sigrun sighed and gazed out the window, wistfully daydreaming of the expedition she was soon going to be a part of.

"Now, Sigrun, you- Sigrun? Are you listening?"

"Huh? Uh- yes." The captain straightened in her seat and looked at her father, whose eyes narrowed speculatively.

"Alright. So you're going to be attacking from the east when we give the signal-" blah blah blah blah blah. Sigrun had zoned out again, nodding slightly every few sentences, until she saw movement out of the corner of her eye. She spared a glance out the window to investigate this predicament.

Nothing. Just some new mage, putting on his tasseled hat. Wait - his hat! Yes!

"Sigrun? Hello?"

"Uh-huh, just uh, hold onto that thought I'll be back in a second!" Sigrun blurted out before jumping from her seat and running to the window, which she opened and hopped out of in one fluid motion. She started sprinting towards the unsuspecting victim.

"Did she know there was a door right there?"

The mage whipped around, wide eyes full of pure fear as Sigrun closed in with a (relatively quieter than usual) battle cry. He gasped and rushed to activate a protection spell, but it was too late. He was pinned down in an instant, he hadn't a chance, and as quick as the blink of an eye, his hat was gone.

The red-headed captain sprang upward and held the hat above her head, a vicious, victorious grin stretching across her face. The mage sat up, dazed and cradling his wrist and looked at her pleadingly.

"But that was a birthday present..." Sigrun didn't move a muscle. He sighed and checked his pockets. Empty. His head fell in defeat as the troll hunter marched away smugly, back to the meeting. This time, she used the door.

OwlsG0

« Reply #1854 on: April 08, 2016, 08:16:32 PM »
All of these are great! From the ones I've read! I haven't got to them all yet! But I will!

Now, someone seems to have given me an idea of something write about, how could they do such a thing, but anyway! Comment section inspiration is the best inspiration! Sometimes, not always.

The Cap Caper

"And if you take your battalion to this side, blocking the giant's escape, we should be able to do away with most of it." Mr. General Eide continued. That was a few minutes after his daughter, and two others, had zoned out and become uninterested. Sigrun sighed and gazed out the window, wistfully daydreaming of the expedition she was soon going to be a part of.

"Now, Sigrun, you- Sigrun? Are you listening?"

"Huh? Uh- yes." The captain straightened in her seat and looked at her father, whose eyes narrowed speculatively.

"Alright. So you're going to be attacking from the east when we give the signal-" blah blah blah blah blah. Sigrun had zoned out again, nodding slightly every few sentences, until she saw movement out of the corner of her eye. She spared a glance out the window to investigate this predicament.

Nothing. Just some new mage, putting on his tasseled hat. Wait - his hat! Yes!

"Sigrun? Hello?"

"Uh-huh, just uh, hold onto that thought I'll be back in a second!" Sigrun blurted out before jumping from her seat and running to the window, which she opened and hopped out of in one fluid motion. She started sprinting towards the unsuspecting victim.

"Did she know there was a door right there?"

The mage whipped around, wide eyes full of pure fear as Sigrun closed in with a (relatively quieter than usual) battle cry. He gasped and rushed to activate a protection spell, but it was too late. He was pinned down in an instant, he hadn't a chance, and as quick as the blink of an eye, his hat was gone.

The red-headed captain sprang upward and held the hat above her head, a vicious, victorious grin stretching across her face. The mage sat up, dazed and cradling his wrist and looked at her pleadingly.

"But that was a birthday present..." Sigrun didn't move a muscle. He sighed and checked his pockets. Empty. His head fell in defeat as the troll hunter marched away smugly, back to the meeting. This time, she used the door.

You are the gem of this thread, Frostkitty. The gem.
I saw the future.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1855 on: April 08, 2016, 11:46:10 PM »
8. Innocence

Or, Emil's loss thereof, and Sigrun doing what she can.

Lazy8

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1856 on: April 09, 2016, 11:20:27 AM »
*posts chapter*

*receives chirping crickets*

*nervously posts another*

9. Drive

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1857 on: April 09, 2016, 11:32:28 AM »
*posts chapter*

*receives chirping crickets*

*nervously posts another*
Been there, done that.

I've been enjoying your bits for the prompts immensely, and these are no exception.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #1858 on: April 09, 2016, 11:56:24 AM »
the troll hunter marched away smugly, back to the meeting. This time, she used the door.

Spoiler: isnt that technically "backtracking"? • show
I'm not sure that keeping near you the hat of a mage who expected someone to come and take it away from him is something even Sigrun would want to do ... more than once. ;)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #1859 on: April 09, 2016, 01:43:31 PM »
Wait… am I dropping another chapter?

Woah.

The Red Herring League
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent”/Superhero AU fanfic
Part 3
Prior part
Spoiler: show
Bubble, Bubbles, Everywhere

Trolls were supposed to be more or less unique in their horrific mutations; so why were they under attack by half-a-dozen near-clones?

Lalli cursed fiercely under his breath as he knocked another weird blob of bloated, translucent brain matter off its ridiculously long legs. The giant volume of fluid around their brains would act as a horribly effective shield against bullets, so all Lalli could do to stop them was try to keep them down.

Were Sigrun or Emil awake, the fight would already have been over, but they and the others in the Red Herring League were still unconscious from whatever had been added to their sludge. Fortunately, Tuuri’s luck powers had kept Lalli awake, though he wished the luck had chosen someone else. He had barely managed to get the others into the FELINOPEDE before the attack; another pair of hands would have been most useful with that.

A huge, chopstick-like leg slammed down before Lalli, only just missing pinning him like a bug. The near miss shook Lalli; he should be moving much too quickly for the trolls to get anywhere near that close, so he must be feeling the sludge’s effects himself.

Even as Lalli realized his increasing peril, he slowed more and more, until the half-dozen trolls had managed to surround him. Lalli wanted to run past them, but he was so... tired...

Just as the slight Finn wavered on his feet and one of the trolls raised a deceptively dainty foot for the killing blow, the troll burst into bright orange flames. Lalli managed to smile before his legs folded up beneath him. Very shortly thereafter, the conflagration had spread to the other trolls, and they were fleeing in utter panic as Emil half- (really mostly-) carried Lalli back to the FELINOPEDE.

The little calico kitten they’d rescued a few days ago mewled in confused apprehension as the two boys came in. All that was happening around her eluded her minute ability to comprehend, so she was getting scared.

“Where are those blasted Amalienborg troops?” Emil growled angrily as he closed the door. “Are they merely slow in coming to our aid, or did they surrender to cowardice?”

“Think... it’s... worse...” Mikkel mumbled from his position on the front passenger bench, his Danish rendered even less comprehensible than usual (to Emil, at least) by the fact that he was still mostly asleep. “They... helped... make... the sludge...”

“Y’think they’ve turned Quisling?” Sigrun asked through a huge yawn. “Why’d they go ’n’ do something like that?”

“Dunno,” Mikkel replied through a mammoth yawn of his own. “Not sure they have. Just saying they helped with the sludge.”

A snore from Tuuri interrupted him. Emil could feel his own eyelids drooping again, even as he watched Sigrun slide back from vertical to horizontal. Reynir and Lalli, safely ensconced on the floor, entered their own yawns into the growing chorus, but Emil struggled to stay conscious.

With the last of his strength, Emil barely managed to put the FELINOPEDE into LOCKDOWN mode before he joined the others in sleep...

Spoiler: Authorial Notes • show
Oh, look. I updated this again.