Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 784200 times)

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #495 on: June 10, 2015, 06:42:46 AM »
So is this where little vignettes  of our self-inserts with the rest of the comic characters go?

I don't think so. I posted a little thing directly into the Self-insert thread, and nobody said anything.

You might want to try the Collaboration Self-insert thread.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Anton

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #496 on: June 10, 2015, 03:46:16 PM »
Hello dear survivalists of the known world, I come bearing gifts.
I'm not too big on actually writing in the forum, but I wrote two fics by now, and I don't want to keep them from you.
Is both Emil/Lalli, but can be seen as platonic if necessary.

hands
Outside of a cat, a book is a man's best friend

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
« Reply #497 on: June 10, 2015, 06:30:21 PM »
You are going to have as much hype for this AU as I do or I'll die trying.

BASIC OVERVIEW OF THE TOMORROW VILLAINS AU

In basics, its set in a Y0 AU where superpowers have always been there, just getting more common and slightly diluted over time. (Not very diluted, but Emil is one of the strongest fire-controllers, and Mikkel is one of the best healers)

Speaking in terms on powers, the main crew’s powers are

Sigrun - Superspeed (she can go really really fast, but she doesn’t b/c of reasons)

Emil - controlling fire (I actually got a little sciency here, its a bit more than that)

Mikkel - healing powers of a sort (it doesn’t hurt him or anything, don’t worry)

Tuuri - technopathy (controlling technology, she’s digitally inclined, which will be expanded upon)

Lalli - dreamwalking and precognition (having mental powers is a bit of a thing in the Hotakainen’s, Tuuri is a bit of an outlier)

Reynir - I know, but its a secret!

The support crew is actually mostly unpowered

Taru - telepathy (but no controlling minds)

Onni - dreamwalking ( I did say it was a thing) and telekinesis

About powers and how they work-

A person usually gets their powers in puberty, but there are some late bloomers (cough cough tuuriandemil). There are a lot of names for powers, gifts, abilities, enhanced (this is not one to be used in polite company), curses if your power is particularly crappy.

When your power finally shows up, (usually called an  awakening or emergence,other names available), it mostly takes the crap out on you. Sometimes it doesn’t. That’s what happened to Emil. (i don’t hate emil, I swear)

If you have your power registered, you have been proven to be committing a crime using it.

THE TEAM

is a hodgepodge of motley people assembled by trond.

Tuuri - not b/c she wants to be here

Lalli - not on the team

Emil - same as Tuuri

Sigrun - here because Trond asked

Mikkel - BLACKMAIL (he’s kinda prominent, so its kinda a part-time thingy)

Reynir - very dangerous powers

I have this thing loosely plotted out, but the falling action is just ?? ?? ? ? in my notebook.

But plotting things out loosely gives me a ton of leeway, which I need.

Icon drawn by Piney

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #498 on: June 11, 2015, 05:24:50 AM »
Anton: Sweet story! I tried to put the comment on A3O but it doesn't seem to be taking comments at the moment, at least not from me! Nice interaction between Lalli and Emil. Anyway, I loved the bit with Emil doodling tiny cats chasing trolls in the margins of his manuscript. Have you ever read 'Pangur Ban'? If not, it might amuse you.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #499 on: June 11, 2015, 06:35:52 AM »

I don't think so. I posted a little thing directly into the Self-insert thread, and nobody said anything.

You might want to try the Collaboration Self-insert thread.
I see, will ask there. Thank you! :)
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #500 on: June 11, 2015, 06:49:37 AM »
Hello dear survivalists of the known world, I come bearing gifts.
I'm not too big on actually writing in the forum, but I wrote two fics by now, and I don't want to keep them from you.
Is both Emil/Lalli, but can be seen as platonic if necessary.

hands
Outside of a cat, a book is a man's best friend
Both of these were so sweet~ ^w^

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #501 on: June 11, 2015, 09:48:17 PM »
Run Fast, Run Far
A Stand Still. Stay Silent fanfic
Part I
Spoiler: show
Eide and Seek

“Oof! Pardon me, please--Aksel?”

Sigrun’s eyes opened as a bulky man dressed against a Norwegian storm bumped into her. “Huh?” was all she could manage for a moment as her head wasn’t quite finished shimmying and swaying in giddy disorientation.

The man grabbed her by the shoulders to steady them both. “Oh, I’m sorry, Miss. I thought you were a friend of mine, Aksel Eide. It’s the hair, you know.”

Sigrun didn’t reply. She was too busy trying to get her bearings. They were standing just inside the entryway of an Old Time building, but one that had been kept in good repair, and which was still filled with people; it was a type of feast hall, or some such eatery. But how had she come to be here, and where was here? There was something awfully familiar about this place, though...

“Gunnar!” The cheerful greeting came from a booth across the room. Said booth was occupied by a foursome who lounged in it as though claiming it as their personal booth.

Sigrun’s jaw dropped as she took a better look at each of their faces in turn. She knew those faces: their watchful gazes had looked down at her from the Dalsnes feast hall since she’d first been allowed to dine there. There was Aksel Eide, the ancestor the man who’d run into her had named a moment ago; Sigrun Larsen, for whom she was named, sat by him; across from them was Goran Andersen; and Ingrid Petersen was beside him.

How was this possible? Her mind rebelled against the reality it faced. They’d been in Denmark, in the Silent World, probing for books, days away from Dalsnes by sea! And looking quizzically back at her were her own noble forebears, gone back to dust these many decades!

Wait. She was by herself in this place--all the others were figures of the Old Times. Where were her crew-mates?

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #502 on: June 11, 2015, 09:59:37 PM »
Ooh, Looney, this sounds like a lot of fun! I like!
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
« Reply #503 on: June 11, 2015, 10:01:46 PM »
Run Fast, Run Far
A Stand Still. Stay Silent fanfic
Part I
Spoiler: show
Eide and Seek

“Oof! Pardon me, please--Aksel?”

Sigrun’s eyes opened as a bulky man dressed against a Norwegian storm bumped into her. “Huh?” was all she could manage for a moment as her head wasn’t quite finished shimmying and swaying in giddy disorientation.

The man grabbed her by the shoulders to steady them both. “Oh, I’m sorry, Miss. I thought you were a friend of mine, Aksel Eide. It’s the hair, you know.”

Sigrun didn’t reply. She was too busy trying to get her bearings. They were standing just inside the entryway of an Old Time building, but one that had been kept in good repair, and which was still filled with people; it was a type of feast hall, or some such eatery. But how had she come to be here, and where was here? There was something awfully familiar about this place, though...

“Gunnar!” The cheerful greeting came from a booth across the room. Said booth was occupied by a foursome who lounged in it as though claiming it as their personal booth.

Sigrun’s jaw dropped as she took a better look at each of their faces in turn. She knew those faces: their watchful gazes had looked down at her from the Dalsnes feast hall since she’d first been allowed to dine there. There was Aksel Eide, the ancestor the man who’d run into her had named a moment ago; Sigrun Larsen, for whom she was named, sat by him; across from them was Goran Andersen; and Ingrid Petersen was beside him.

How was this possible? Her mind rebelled against the reality it faced. They’d been in Denmark, in the Silent World, probing for books, days away from Dalsnes by sea! And looking quizzically back at her were her own noble forebears, gone back to dust these many decades!

Wait. She was by herself in this place--all the others were figures of the Old Times. Where were her crew-mates?

Yer a time traveler, Sigrun.

(but this is gonna be so cool and I am ready. how is her Y90 upbringing gonna reflect on Y0? is she gonna kill a troll??)

Icon drawn by Piney

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #504 on: June 11, 2015, 10:16:54 PM »
Go Looney! I look forward to you taking this story further. Time-travelling Sigrun yeah! At least she knows who they are. Wonder what is happening to her in her own time?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #505 on: June 12, 2015, 11:19:51 AM »
Haiz did a doodle-or-die of the crew tasting coffee for the first time, with some pretty spectacular results. This is my attempt to write the story of that misadventure, in the very vague style of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (with a few cameos from some familiar trolls):

http://archiveofourown.org/works/4122441

Hope you guys like it!
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #506 on: June 12, 2015, 11:28:46 AM »
Haiz did a doodle-or-die of the crew tasting coffee for the first time, with some pretty spectacular results. This is my attempt to write the story of that misadventure, in the very vague style of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (with a few cameos from some familiar trolls):

Hope you guys like it!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was beautiful. Amazing. Wonderful. I had no idea fanfics could be this perfect. I'm especially happy at Lauftroll actually showing some sense of self-preservation, Sigrun on caffeine is probably one of the most dangerous things in Copenhagen and that's possible giants included... XD

Brb getting some more coffee now.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #507 on: June 12, 2015, 11:31:45 AM »

Hope you guys like it!
I think I bruised a rib.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #508 on: June 12, 2015, 11:41:21 AM »

ahahHAHAHA YEESSsSsssSSSS
i made some very undignified squeaky laughter-cough noises while reading and that dumb seal-like clappy hands thing.

tHE TROLLS
blep

"Murder! Death! Kill! Knife!" SIGRUN

this is the actual best fic
you'll know where to find me.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #509 on: June 12, 2015, 11:42:59 AM »

Hope you guys like it!
Hahahahah, my face is hurting now xD

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3