Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 784939 times)

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
Re: sectoBoss new story. The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #360 on: May 10, 2015, 11:43:01 AM »
Really liked the new story. As always, wonderful detail; little touches like the inadvisability of throwing up in a breath mask! Good to see Tuuri doing something - I presume she would have done basic training in the army, even if she did work in admin. I like the idea that trolls might figure out how to do bone as a protective carapace, eventually. Makes them even more scary.
Also, happy birthday for the 9th!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #361 on: May 10, 2015, 04:48:15 PM »
Haiz - that was hilarious, and perfect in every way. please please pleaseee never ever stop writing this series ;)

Sectoboss - it's great to see a story centered solely on Turri in the first place, and you write her character so well! I love the idea that she would be able to handle a troll - it's a shame she hasn't yet had a chance to show what she can do in the comic.
and happy belated birthday to you!

Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #362 on: May 10, 2015, 06:05:29 PM »
You write very well :)
The most difficult, when you read at 2am, is not to laugh because the others are sleeping.
skjndshjdsbnbdsfsd why does this keep happening
this is the best kind of comment it makes me so happy

Haiz - that was hilarious, and perfect in every way. please please pleaseee never ever stop writing this series ;)
as long as there are readers and as long as I get ideas, I won't!!! thank you so much
you'll know where to find me.

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #363 on: May 10, 2015, 06:23:50 PM »
Haiz that's a super adorable story and I have told you how much I love it but. *frantically tries to upvote*
YEET

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #364 on: May 10, 2015, 06:36:19 PM »
Haiz, I don't know how I didn't read all of these before, but...
*hands*
*words*
*excited hands and words*
*possibly screaming of happiness*
Also, is it odd that your stories have cleared up a lot of things for me? I've never actually met anybody confused about their sexuality (WEIRD I KNOW) and I've wondered about a lot of this stuff for a while. So thanks for entertaining and informing!
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #365 on: May 10, 2015, 06:59:30 PM »
Haiz that's a super adorable story and I have told you how much I love it but. *frantically tries to upvote*
akjsfdkjbdsnbsd sdasadjsan

Haiz, I don't know how I didn't read all of these before, but...
*hands*
*words*
*excited hands and words*
*possibly screaming of happiness*
Also, is it odd that your stories have cleared up a lot of things for me? I've never actually met anybody confused about their sexuality (WEIRD I KNOW) and I've wondered about a lot of this stuff for a while. So thanks for entertaining and informing!
oh wow that is
actually one of the nicest things I've ever been told??
Spoiler: show

not only have I spent an obscene amount of time on tumblr (which is kinda hyperfocused in these kinda things), but I've had sO MANY CONVERSATIONS about this stuff with sO MANY PEOPLE...... throughout my (at times VERY CONFUSING) years-long journey to find my current self as an ~*Aromantic Asexual Agender Person~*, I've literally interviewed people about the oddest of things (WHAT DOES A GENDER FEEL LIKE), and.......  basically, I have gathered vast amounts of Advice, Feelings, Thoughts and so much on these topics, and I guess this fic is one of the ways I'm gonna write some of it out.

So the fact that someone actually finds my silly headcanon-spew au informative is kind of. really great.

also this is gonna sound like the most awkward of offers, but I'm always open to discuss confusing things?? like, there's no way to guarantee my advice or anything being Good, but i kinda live and breathe these discussions and. idk. the anonymous function on my tumblr askbox is enabled partially for this very reason.

Baku

• Hot Dad Squad
« Reply #366 on: May 10, 2015, 07:10:54 PM »
@Haiz: (I meant to mention this before, but my mind has been a little bit slippery this week) Like pretty much everyone else on this thread, I've been enjoying your AU very much! Not only is it humorous, but it made me so happy to see Tuuri's orientation as pansexual (considering i'm pansexual myself). Keep up the awesome work! ;)
native: :usa: / learning: :germany: / some day: :denmark:
art tumblr/ flight rising/ disqus - :chap6: :chap7:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #367 on: May 10, 2015, 07:20:28 PM »
@Haiz: (I meant to mention this before, but my mind has been a little bit slippery this week) Like pretty much everyone else on this thread, I've been enjoying your AU very much! Not only is it humorous, but it made me so happy to see Tuuri's orientation as pansexual (considering i'm pansexual myself). Keep up the awesome work! ;)

RANDOMLY POPS IN TO SECOND HOW GREAT IT FEELS ALSO PANSEXUALS REPRESENT
As a pansexual genderfluid trashlord person I'm always really happy to see like. Characters being written in a way I can relate to them on yet another level? So this AU is kind of a really fun way to have even more fun with these characters and hhhh THANK YOU HAIZ FOR WRITING THESE
YEET

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #368 on: May 10, 2015, 07:28:24 PM »
By the by, SectoBoss! I. LOVED. IT. Action Tuuri is the best Tuuri, and that troll was super cool, and you use words so well, and the pacing, and, and...!
Wow.
You've cemented me in wanting to write SSSS fanfics for my Creative Writing class (the screenplay with a male and female character? definitely going with Sigrun and Emil, mwehehehe...)

And yay, I said a nice thing to Haiz! Keep up the awesome, and I will keep up disturbing my family with actual laughter enjoying them. Also, Lalli. His Tumblr is most best. Trees.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #369 on: May 11, 2015, 07:04:43 PM »
ksjbnsdn dsosdfjnsd SINCE YOU ARE BEING SO KIND TO ME
I HAVE
written a little bonus scene

.......... I realize the mall trip was very rushed/glossed over, which is really sad considering its vast potential. Thus I present to you:

How Lalli Came To Own a Hoodie That Was Actually His Size

Emil thought it was a good idea to start with something easy, like a hoodie that was actually Lalli’s size. The moment he got down from the fake palm tree, Lalli got forcibly dragged into the closest store. Which happened to be.. hipstery (not that Emil minded), but blessedly filled with row upon row of hoodies in various colours.
“RIGHTO”, said Emil. “Let’s get down to business.”
He picked up a light blue sweater, XS size, and was about to shove it into Lalli’s hands. Except they were already clutching a similar garment. It was a size L.
“Lalli, noooo... Don’t do this…”

Emil couldn’t believe he had thought, even for a second, that it would be fun to shop with this ridiculous kid.

He held out a size S green hoodie.
“Please try this one on. Please.”
Lalli rummaged through the stack, pulled out a huge black hoodie, and held it in front of himself. Emil didn’t even check the size tag.
“You already have like, TEN black hoodies!” he protested.
Lalli kept holding it before him for several seconds before lowering it, looking confused. Emil put the green hoodie over his friend’s head in exasperation.
“Mr?” came Lalli’s muffled voice.
“What do I do with you…” Emil mumbled as he turned to look for more hoodies that might fit.
He didn’t get very far before his vision was obscured by a dark blue fabric.
“?!?”
He felt Lalli drape another hoodie over his shoulders.
“Oh. It is ON.”

There were more than 20 sweaters on the floor when they finally got thrown out of the shop.

Emil sighed. He wasn’t ready to give up just yet. It wasn’t an official bet he had going on with Tuuri, but it was the next best thing. A challenge. And he was going to prove his worth as Lalli’s keeperbest friend even if he resorted to… H&M. Because that’s where they found themselves next. They were surrounded by garish colours, embarrassing prints, cheap jewellery, even tiaras.
“Why are you holding that tiara.”
Lalli didn’t answer. Instead he went to the nearest mirror and gingerly placed the tiara upon his brow, looking for all the world like a lost princess.
“I’m not buying you a tiara.”
Lalli turned towards him, glass jewels gleaming in the glare of the lamps. He looked… utterly regal. Dammit.
“…Fine. FINE. I’ll get you that tiara, if you 1) don’t breathe a WORD of this to Tuuri, and 2) promise to try –“ he grabbed the nearest hoodie “- this thing on.”
He realized his mistake too late. The hoodie seemed to be the right size, but it was not a plain blue one as he had thought. It was a galaxy print. Well. No turning back now. Who knew, maybe Lalli would look good with a galaxy print. (IT CERTAINLY WASN’T WORSE THAN A TIARA.)

Lalli did, in fact, look good with a galaxy print sweater. Except Emil wasn’t really looking. He was busy covering his face in embarrassment. The plan had been to push Lalli into a changing room, when suddenly – he saw one of his classmates. She was about to turn her head in their direction. Emil did not only push Lalli into the changing room, but scrambled into it as well. He’d been red as a tomato ever since. He couldn’t even pinpoint the reason for that, either – was it about someone from school seeing him in H&M? Was it about being seen shopping with Lalli, who, by the way, was wearing a tiara? Or was it because Lalli by some miracle had understood he had to try the galaxy print hoodie on? It was probably all of them combined.

In the end, Emil bought him both the awful hoodie and the awful tiara – but on different checks, so Tuuri could pay for the one and never learn about the other. But at least Emil had succeeded step one of his mission! Now, to try something more elaborate, like a nice shirt or something…
“Lalli! Stay away from those t-shirts!”

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #370 on: May 11, 2015, 07:12:17 PM »
Thank for the bonus before going to sleep ! ("vast potential", indeed... ^^)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #371 on: May 11, 2015, 07:24:02 PM »
I HAVE

.......... I realize the mall trip was very rushed/glossed over, which is really sad considering its vast potential. Thus I present to you:

Emil thought it was a good idea to start with something easy, like a hoodie that was actually Lalli’s size. The moment he got down from the fake palm tree, Lalli got forcibly dragged into the closest store. Which happened to be.. hipstery (not that Emil minded), but blessedly filled with row upon row of hoodies in various colours.
He picked up a light blue sweater, XS size, and was about to shove it into Lalli’s hands. Except they were already clutching a similar garment. It was a size L.

Emil couldn’t believe he had thought, even for a second, that it would be fun to shop with this ridiculous kid.

Lalli rummaged through the stack, pulled out a huge black hoodie, and held it in front of himself. Emil didn’t even check the size tag.
Lalli kept holding it before him for several seconds before lowering it, looking confused. Emil put the green hoodie over his friend’s head in exasperation.
“What do I do with you…” Emil mumbled as he turned to look for more hoodies that might fit.
“?!?”
“Oh. It is ON.”

There were more than 20 sweaters on the floor when they finally got thrown out of the shop.

Emil sighed. He wasn’t ready to give up just yet. It wasn’t an official bet he had going on with Tuuri, but it was the next best thing. A challenge. And he was going to prove his worth as Lalli’s keeperbest friend even if he resorted to… H&M. Because that’s where they found themselves next. They were surrounded by garish colours, embarrassing prints, cheap jewellery, even tiaras.
Lalli didn’t answer. Instead he went to the nearest mirror and gingerly placed the tiara upon his brow, looking for all the world like a lost princess.
Lalli turned towards him, glass jewels gleaming in the glare of the lamps. He looked… utterly regal. Dammit.
“…Fine. FINE. I’ll get you that tiara, if you 1) don’t breathe a WORD of this to Tuuri, and 2) promise to try –“ he grabbed the nearest hoodie “- this thing on.”
He realized his mistake too late. The hoodie seemed to be the right size, but it was not a plain blue one as he had thought. It was a galaxy print. Well. No turning back now. Who knew, maybe Lalli would look good with a galaxy print. (IT CERTAINLY WASN’T WORSE THAN A TIARA.)

Lalli did, in fact, look good with a galaxy print sweater. Except Emil wasn’t really looking. He was busy covering his face in embarrassment. The plan had been to push Lalli into a changing room, when suddenly – he saw one of his classmates. She was about to turn her head in their direction. Emil did not only push Lalli into the changing room, but scrambled into it as well. He’d been red as a tomato ever since. He couldn’t even pinpoint the reason for that, either – was it about someone from school seeing him in H&M? Was it about being seen shopping with Lalli, who, by the way, was wearing a tiara? Or was it because Lalli by some miracle had understood he had to try the galaxy print hoodie on? It was probably all of them combined.

In the end, Emil bought him both the awful hoodie and the awful tiara – but on different checks, so Tuuri could pay for the one and never learn about the other. But at least Emil had succeeded step one of his mission! Now, to try something more elaborate, like a nice shirt or something…

This is lovely and I am laughing harder than I should be especially at that ending oh my gosh
Haiz please never stop writing I am so pleased and this made my day I am so happy with these dumb tiara-wearing galaxy kids
YEET

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #372 on: May 11, 2015, 07:48:54 PM »
I HAVE

“?!?”
“Oh. It is ON.”

*Is attempting to applaud but squeaking too hard to successfully do so*
ERMAGERSH LALLI.
This. This is awesome. And I love this AU far too much. You've made my day... again...

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #373 on: May 11, 2015, 08:36:53 PM »
He tried to sort his thoughts a little.
thought 1) ?
thought 2) ?? ? ??
thought 3) ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?
It didn’t help much.

And that is the moment when I fell over laughing.
(I had to space out the ?s in the quote because otherwise they make this: ???)

oh NO
LALLI WAS ADORABLE
This pretty much describes my life now.

These are all brilliant Hiaz! Keep this AU going please! I love it.  ;D
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #374 on: May 12, 2015, 06:30:19 AM »
sdkjbsjssdfjsdfjknb thank you for your comments everyone

And that is the moment when I fell over laughing.
(I had to space out the ?s in the quote because otherwise they make this: ???)
I knoooow, I've already complained about that particular smiley shortcut because SOMETIMES YOU JUST GOTTA

I have to admit I take some inspiration from doodleordie, too: