Author Topic: The SSSS Scriptorium  (Read 783504 times)

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
Re: The SSSS Scriptorium
« Reply #1380 on: January 21, 2016, 10:14:32 AM »
shoop I already said this on AO3, but I really enjoyed the first chapter and I'm excited to read more! Fantasy is my favorite genre, so I'm excited to see where you take the SSSS characters in that setting. :)

Róisín that ending was so beautiful! You had me worried though - I read it right before I was leaving for work and for a minute I thought I was going to start the day off really sad. (Thank goodness the Luonto came back!)

SectoBoss thanks so much! I'm glad you're enjoying it. :))
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1381 on: January 21, 2016, 11:12:09 AM »
SectoBoss, Luth and Kiraly: glad you liked it! I'm really more of a poet than a prose writer, so glad the runo worked. I do try not to kill major characters, and should I do so will say so at the start, so as not to traumatise the unwilling!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Talimee

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1382 on: January 21, 2016, 04:50:42 PM »
Many thanks Róisín for your beautiful little ficlet. I love your writing-style: so peaceful and well-defined. A good sentence gets the message across, but a masterly written sentence has it's own melodies and swirls. Just like poetry. ;)

Hopefully AO3 will work for you one day again, so that you can post it there and I can download it.
[22:31] <@amity> And they care about only two things: Emil/Lalli fanfic, and chewing bubblegum.
[22:31] <@amity> And the word is, they're all out of bubblegum.

Survived:
:chap5::chap6::chap7: :chap20:
:chap8::chap9::chap10:
:chap11::chap12::chap13:
:chap14::chap15::chap16:
:chap17::chap18::chap19:

Róisín

« Reply #1383 on: January 21, 2016, 07:48:31 PM »
Thanks, Talimee. I miss AO3. At least I can comment there, even if larger things won't load. Glad you liked the story.

Seilann

• Tumblr
« Reply #1384 on: January 22, 2016, 06:06:59 PM »
Róisín, great ending! It was so sweet, though you had me worried for a bit. :)

I'm pretty sure I commented on AO3 for everyone else, but it bears repeating that I loved it all!

Also, today my muse (probably named Procrastination or some such) descended upon me and commanded me to write this little Onni fic: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5789218
native :usa:
conversational :japan:
stagnant :southkorea: :spain: :italy:
beginner :sweden: :ireland: :greece:

:chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
« Reply #1385 on: January 22, 2016, 08:16:42 PM »
Also, today my muse (probably named Procrastination or some such) descended upon me and commanded me to write this little Onni fic: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5789218
(I've already said this in two other places but I love this!)

Speaking of everyone's favorite older brother, someone made an appearance (sort of) in Chapter 5 of Silly Fluffy Hipster Band AU! Now with even more fluff.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Seilann

• Tumblr
« Reply #1386 on: January 22, 2016, 09:07:49 PM »
(I've already said this in two other places but I love this!)

Thank you! (For all three places!)

Speaking of everyone's favorite older brother, someone made an appearance (sort of) in Chapter 5 of Silly Fluffy Hipster Band AU! Now with even more fluff.

This made me giggle and squee TERRIBLY oh my god. I may have left you a record-breaking comment on AO3.
native :usa:
conversational :japan:
stagnant :southkorea: :spain: :italy:
beginner :sweden: :ireland: :greece:

:chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:

OwlsG0

• I am occasionally scared by my own hair.
  • Preferred pronouns: She/She?/Human?/ Gender?
« Reply #1387 on: January 22, 2016, 10:23:17 PM »
So I know I was here and then wasn't, but I am now back and have kind of been productive in the time that I slunk away.
So if anyone wants a kind of weird, slightly quirky take on how they discuss how to solve the food problem Reynir's extra mouth makes, then I wrote something.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5791189

Here it is

And now I will melt away in the darkness to regret everything I have ever done. Adieu, friends
I saw the future.
We are not doomed, because our Cat overlords are benevolent leaders :3

:chap11: :book2:  :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
« Reply #1388 on: January 22, 2016, 10:42:40 PM »
So I know I was here and then wasn't, but I am now back and have kind of been productive in the time that I slunk away.
So if anyone wants a kind of weird, slightly quirky take on how they discuss how to solve the food problem Reynir's extra mouth makes, then I wrote something.

Here it is

And now I will melt away in the darkness to regret everything I have ever done. Adieu, friends

Ahahahaha! Please don't melt away, then who will write hilarious things like this? The twist at the end is what really got me.

OwlsG0

« Reply #1389 on: January 22, 2016, 11:03:11 PM »
Ahahahaha! Please don't melt away, then who will write hilarious things like this? The twist at the end is what really got me.

Glad you enjoyed it. Wasn't sure how the whole 'Let's eat Reynir' thing was gonna go down, but I did hope people would like the fact that the 'kids' were doing the exact same thing on the other side of Sigrun's snow drift-fort of super secrecy 
I saw the future.

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
« Reply #1390 on: January 22, 2016, 11:16:14 PM »

Glad you enjoyed it. Wasn't sure how the whole 'Let's eat Reynir' thing was gonna go down, but I did hope people would like the fact that the 'kids' were doing the exact same thing on the other side of Sigrun's snow drift-fort of super secrecy
Haha...I mean, I'll be honest, if they were actually going to eat Reynir I'd be at the head of the mob screaming "NOOOOO!!!"
But I feel like Reynir getting eaten has been a joke ever since he showed up in the food crate, and the way you wrote it is humorous, not creepy. :))

Johannabelle

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • less is more
« Reply #1391 on: January 22, 2016, 11:29:52 PM »

Here it is

This is probably the best thing I've ever read. :)) I mean, wow. The tone was seriously great, and I'm having a really hard time choosing my favorite part, can I just say the entire thing is my favorite part? (cannible lalli though, that was hilarious. also boo-boos)   

Also, I would just like to mention that when they first acquired Reynir, Mikkel himself said "And in a worst case scenario we can always eat you." Which I'm sure was meant to be a joke, but you know. It's still makes the most sense.
❄~Lurks and sometimes draws~❄
Fluent: :us: | Someday: :ru:

:chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Róisín

« Reply #1392 on: January 22, 2016, 11:58:54 PM »
Yeah, what Kiraly said. Disturbingly, darkly funny.

OwlsG0

« Reply #1393 on: January 23, 2016, 12:15:46 AM »
Yeah, what Kiraly said. Disturbingly, darkly funny.

I'm glad this has gone down well enough. I've really been enjoying a lot of the works on this site.
I saw the future.

Róisín

« Reply #1394 on: January 23, 2016, 02:05:28 AM »
Just so long as you understand that after this the fandom is going to be insisting that the next thing you write needs to be some meringue-like piece of fluff!