Author Topic: Deutschsprachige Überlebenden (German)  (Read 50484 times)

Fen Shen

• Ranger
  • one post per day keeps the madness away
Re: Deutschsprachige Überlebenden
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2015, 05:34:32 PM »
Hey, you've learned the vocabulary from our transportation conversation! I mean, Fahrrad!  ;D
speaks: :germany: :uk: :france:
learning: :italy: :norway: :spain:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12:
:hat: :betterhat:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2015, 01:28:56 PM »
That. That is my level of spontaneous German, even though Shen would probably disagree.

your spontanious reaction was "Nein". :D

If you want to improve on nein there is:
Bitte nicht.
Ich will nicht.
Ich will das nicht.
Ich will das jetzt nicht.
Ich will das jetzt bitte nicht.
Nein, ich will das jetzt bitte nicht.

You can substitute "will" (infinitive: wollen) with "möchte" (möchten) or "kann" (können)
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2015, 02:21:21 PM »

Bitte nicht.
Ich will nicht.
Ich will das nicht.

You can substitute "will" (infinitive: wollen) with "möchte" (möchten) or "kann" (können)
Ich will das überhaupt nicht.
Es kommt nicht in Frage.
Wir nehmen es nicht an.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2015, 02:32:15 PM »
Wir nehmen es nicht an.

hehe you'd say that when you receive a package or a gift. But not if you want to express that you are unwilling to do something :D
But it could be a valid meaning of no :D

Compromise:
Nein, ich will das jetzt bitte nicht annehmen. (would be used for package/gift still but fits so nice to the pyramid above)

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2015, 05:23:25 PM »

Bitte nicht.
Ich will nicht.
Ich will das nicht.

I was actually trying to say "Neineinei", not "Neinneinnein", but thanks nevertheless!
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2015, 05:57:37 PM »
hehe you'd say that when you receive a package or a gift. But not if you want to express that you are unwilling to do something :D
It's a quote from Bismarck in Civilization 5. No packages involved, only realpolitik.

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2015, 01:26:24 AM »
It's a quote from Bismarck in Civilization 5. No packages involved, only realpolitik.

"Wir nehmen das nicht an" can also refer do a contract or a treaty being declined ;). If you consider it as a package of agreements and compromises nothing changes :D

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Laufeysdóttir

« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2015, 06:35:24 PM »
Hallo, darf ich auch mitspielen?
Hello, can I play, too?

Seit ich beschlossen habe wirklich, ganz echt und total im Ernst wieder Finnisch zu lernen, bin ich jetzt öfters im Forum... Da könnte ich ja hier auch immer mal vorbei schauen. :-)
Since I decided to really, totally, seriously relearn Finnish I've been to the forum a bit more often... So I tought I could pop in here once in a while, too. :-)

Ich bin gespannt, ob ich es durchhalte (das wahre Leben versucht sich immer wieder reinzudrängeln (here's a nice word for all you learners!), aber vielleicht schaffe ich es zu überlisten...)
I'm curious to see whether I'll be able to keep it up (real life tends to try and get in the way, but maybe can somehow trick it...)

:)
(()) (())

Saeirin

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2015, 09:46:03 PM »
Hallo! Ich heiße Saeirin. Ich lerne Deutsch in Schule, auf der Computer. Mein Schule habe kein Deutsch :(.  Ich spreche Deutsch nicht gut, aber Ich werde probieren.

...Not sure on some of my negations, haven't quite got the hang of that. An online class is not exactly the best way to learn a language. I don't ever get to talk to anyone, just boring essays and speaking assignments.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2015, 09:03:15 AM »
Going into pedantic mode, as you're quite close already: ::)

Hallo! Ich heiße Saeirin. Ich lerne Deutsch in der Schule, auf dem Computer.
(I'ld guess that "mit dem Computer" would be more likely to get used, though.)

Mein Schule hat kein Deutsch :(.
(With much hesitation, I guess that an actual teacher would still consider it malformed. It should be something like "hat keine Deutschlehrer / keinen Deutschunterricht" or "bietet kein Deutsch / keinen Deutschunterricht an".)

Ich spreche Deutsch nicht gut, aber Ich werde es weiter probieren.
("probieren" = to try, labeling failure a definite possibility, especially in this "I'll continue trying" construct. "Ich werde weiter lernen" = continue to learn would be a way to avoid that connotation.)

(Edit to clarify. (B)oldface within (quote)s is flat out invisible in my browser. :( )
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 09:05:24 AM by JoB »
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Saeirin

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2015, 09:18:26 AM »
Going into pedantic mode, as you're quite close already: ::)
(I'ld guess that "mit dem Computer" would be more likely to get used, though.)
(With much hesitation, I guess that an actual teacher would still consider it malformed. It should be something like "hat keine Deutschlehrer / keinen Deutschunterricht" or "bietet kein Deutsch / keinen Deutschunterricht an".)
("probieren" = to try, labeling failure a definite possibility, especially in this "I'll continue trying" construct. "Ich werde weiter lernen" = continue to learn would be a way to avoid that connotation.)

(Edit to clarify. (B)oldface within (quote)s is flat out invisible in my browser. :( )

Ah, thank you! I was not really sure on that last sentence, as it was somewhat beyond what I have been actually taught. For the second sentence, could I say "Mein Schule hat kein Deutschklasse." ? 

Also super embarrassed by the basic case mistakes...  :-[. I'm in year two, I should know this...

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2015, 12:49:44 PM »
Ah, thank you! I was not really sure on that last sentence, as it was somewhat beyond what I have been actually taught. For the second sentence, could I say "Mein Schule hat kein Deutschklasse." ? 

Also super embarrassed by the basic case mistakes...  :-[. I'm in year two, I should know this...

Hallo.
Wo kommst du her?
Welche Sprachen sprichst du?

Herzlich willkommen. (Welcome to our language club :D)

I will leave you to puzzle out the sentences above ;). Why did you start to learn german? (Warum hast du begonnen, Deutsch zu lernen?)

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2015, 12:58:04 PM »
For the second sentence, could I say "Mein Schule hat kein Deutschklasse." ?
"keine Deutschklasse" and "keine Deutschklassen" should both work. "keine deutsche(n) Klasse(n)" doesn't, as it would rather be understood as implying a German origin (of the pupils, I'ld guess), rather than the German language being the subject.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Saeirin

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2015, 07:03:39 AM »
"keine Deutschklasse" and "keine Deutschklassen" should both work. "keine deutsche(n) Klasse(n)" doesn't, as it would rather be understood as implying a German origin (of the pupils, I'ld guess), rather than the German language being the subject.

Viel Dank!

Hallo.
Wo kommst du her?
Welche Sprachen sprichst du?

Herzlich willkommen. (Welcome to our language club :D)

I will leave you to puzzle out the sentences above ;). Why did you start to learn german? (Warum hast du begonnen, Deutsch zu lernen?)

Ich komme auf der Vereinigten Staaten. Ich wohne ins der Michigan. Ich spreche einzig Englisch.

I'm learning German primarily because a) I didn't want to learn Spanish or French with the rest of my school, b) Arabic wasn't offered, even online  >:(, and c) A good chunk of my ancestry is German, so my interest was elevated.

Laufeysdóttir

« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2015, 12:23:26 PM »
Hallo Saeirin, ein paar kleine Korrekturen für dich:

Viel Dank!

Ich komme auf der Vereinigten Staaten. Ich wohne ins der Michigan. Ich spreche einzig Englisch.

Ich komme aus den Vereinigten Staaten. (aus+Dat.; auf would be 'on (top)')
Ich wohne in Michigan. (same structure as in English. no articles needed with placenames - unless they're part of the name)
Ich spreche nur englisch (und ein bisschen deutsch!).

hope this helps.  :)

(()) (())