Poll

What other comic/book/movie/TV show do you want to see crossed over with SSSS?

Walking Dead
Thor (Marvel)
Planet of the Apes (Not the Tim Burton one)
The Expendables
Star Wars
Star Trek
The Matrix
World War Z
Another comic from Hiveworks (specify below)
You think I have no taste, and will specify below so I can maybe add your option to the poll.
SSSS don't need no crossover!
Classic Western

Author Topic: SSSS CROSSOVER TIME!  (Read 97292 times)

Noah O.

• Scout
  • History Geek
SSSS CROSSOVER TIME!
« on: October 23, 2014, 08:01:10 PM »
WELL?

Noah O.

• Scout
  • History Geek
Re: SSSS CROSSOVER TIME!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 08:02:09 PM »
BTW if an option I didn't cover gets mentioned by enough people, I'll add it.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 08:16:15 PM »
A Western!  I was already thinking this on p. 202 -- Tuuri the Kid driving the stagecoach away from the collapsing log bridge into Injun Country, accompanied by bold Captain Eide, Doc Madsen, "Sure-Shot" O'Lally (whose streak of Cherokee ancestry makes him act... kind of odd sometimes), and "Dude" Emilius Cabot, the Eastern city kid in a fancy waistcoat with a crate full of dynamite.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 03:11:11 AM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Noah O.

• Scout
  • History Geek
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 09:20:15 PM »
A Western!  I was already thinking this on p. 202 -- Tuuri the Kid driving the stagecoach away from the collapsing log bridge into Injun Country, accompanied by bold Captain Eide, Doc Madsen, "Sure-Shot" O'Lally (whose streak of Cherokee ancestry makes him act... kind of odd sometimes), and "Dude" Emilius Cabot, the Eastern city kid in a fancy waistcoat with a chest full of dynamite.
How does a good old Clint Eastwood flick like The Good the Bad and the Ugly sound to you?

Mayabird

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 10:20:50 PM »
I might end up dreaming one up soon.  I've done it before, like the time I dreamed that the battlestar Galactica (as in, the ship herself) got a Green Lantern ring. 

It was totally awesome. 

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 10:30:06 PM »
A Western!  I was already thinking this on p. 202 -- Tuuri the Kid driving the stagecoach away from the collapsing log bridge into Injun Country, accompanied by bold Captain Eide, Doc Madsen, "Sure-Shot" O'Lally (whose streak of Cherokee ancestry makes him act... kind of odd sometimes), and "Dude" Emilius Cabot, the Eastern city kid in a fancy waistcoat with a chest full of dynamite.

I vote Wild West! XD hehehe because it would have such an interesting and hilarious effect on the plot and characters. Space would work well too: both have the new frontier, pioneer atmosphere, and in their own ways are very similar to the technology style in SSSS...sort of.
But I'd vote Western, just for comedy reasons. And the resulting soundtrack.

An Avengers crossover might be doable, but probably only for fan art ;3
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Sparky Dragon

• Scout
  • [Insert witty/amusing phrase here.]
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 11:04:05 PM »
I said it doesn't need a crossover...but yeah, a Western would be pretty awesome. XD

Chapter Breaks Survived: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Runner-Up in the International Mirror-Throwing Games, Year 89

Haverberg

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 01:18:41 AM »
Girl Genius! They have to meet Krosp:

2nd choice: Ranma 1/2
Fluent :usa:
Learning :uk:

BrainBlow

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 02:14:35 AM »
none.

Chapter Break Survivor: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 02:49:21 AM »
I said it doesn't need a crossover...but yeah, a Western would be pretty awesome. XD

It could be one of Minna's bonus comics, a cute little side-episode.
So on Dec. 25, Emil overdoses on brandy-flamed Christmas pudding, dozes off, and has a vivid dream based on his great-grandfather's collection of Karl May Western novels.  There are thrills, chills, and spills galore.  But just as they're about to find El Dorado, a large bear shakes his arm, and Emil wakes up.  It turns out he was snoring so loudly that nobody else can get to sleep.  Dazedly, he insists:  "It wasn't just a dream!  You were there, and you, and you, and you..."
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 08:45:09 AM »
I keep thinking of this avengers crossover where someone experiments with doors to alternate universes and then there's a lot of running from trolls and messing with language barriers. It keeps getting really dark though, because visitors to SSSS probably have no way to know about the illness and would easily get infected.
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

BabaYaga

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 11:07:38 AM »
Although I like the Western crossover idea the most for now, I finished Attack on Titan the other day and couldn't stop thinking about an AoT/SSSS crossover. Mora is already walled off, we have main characters wishing to see the wonders of the outside world, and I'd love to see the crew flying around, slicing this comic's version of giants... Also, Lalli shares Mikasa's talkativeness, Tuuri has the cuteness and smarts of Armin, Sigrun is crazy enough for Zoe, uh, Emil and Jean share the same level of arrogance, and... I don't know, Mikkel would be a good coldblooded, sassy Levi, but he's not midget enough, and that leaves... Braidy... as... Eren? Or Potato girl?

What about a Fullmetal Alchemist one, since I have already trodden into anime land?  ;D

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 11:16:59 AM »
Although I like the Western crossover idea the most for now, I finished Attack on Titan the other day and couldn't stop thinking about an AoT/SSSS crossover. Mora is already walled off, we have main characters wishing to see the wonders of the outside world, and I'd love to see the crew flying around, slicing this comic's version of giants... Also, Lalli shares Mikasa's talkativeness, Tuuri has the cuteness and smarts of Armin, Sigrun is crazy enough for Zoe, uh, Emil and Jean share the same level of arrogance, and... I don't know, Mikkel would be a good coldblooded, sassy Levi, but he's not midget enough, and that leaves... Braidy... as... Eren? Or Potato girl?

What about a Fullmetal Alchemist one, since I have already trodden into anime land?  ;D

Mikkel is more of a Reiner in my eyes. I can see some visual likeness between Trond and Pixis too, but the personalities are way off.

Peeves

• "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2014, 04:56:11 PM »
FIREFLY

TAKE MY LOVE, TAKE MY LAND
TAKE ME WHERE I CANNOT STAND.
I DONT CARE, IM STILL FREE
YOU CANT TAKE THE SKY FROM MEEEEEEEEE.

TAKE ME OUT INTO THE BLACK,
TELL THEM IM NOT COMIN' BACK.
BURN THE LAND AND BOIL THE SEA
YOU CANT TAKE THE SKY FROM MEEEEEEEEE.

THERES NO PLACE I'D RATHER BE
SINCE I'VE FOUND SERENITY...
YOU CANT TAKE THE SKY FROM MEEEEEEEEE...

GAH! ALL HE WANTED TO BE WAS A LEAF ON THE WIND!
Father: Son, don't let them tell you that we don't have swag.
Son: But Dad--
Father: No, Son...
Father: SHHHHHHhhhhh...
Father: ...we do have swag... we do...
Caller: 911, what's your emergency?
Son: MY DAD IS HAVING A SWAG ATTACK!
Son: IM ALONE WITH HIM AND VERY AFRAID!

BabaYaga

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2014, 06:46:40 PM »
Mikkel is more of a Reiner in my eyes. I can see some visual likeness between Trond and Pixis too, but the personalities are way off.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about Reiner! :D and I could see the Admiral as Pixis too. Or at least I could see the two of them drinking together and sharing wartime stories.